The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

kokolokokolokon

Zombies Army Of The Dead GIF by NETFLIX

Brenyo

Manufacturer
How hard will it be to install the indicator if you purchase a test unit in the planned sale? Will this require specific tools? Thank!

If you could build a LEGO Millenium Falcon then you’ll have no problems with this :D You'd need at least a pointy tweezer and a magnet / Reload helps.

This is the process:

How many test units will there be? And what price you thinking?

Around 50, but I can get more soon after if there's still interest.
It will be about £220 (UK, with tax) or £180 / 220$ (outside of the UK)

Last edited:

Fox

If you could build a LEGO Millenium Falcon then you’ll have no problems with this You'd need at least a pointy tweezer and a magnet / Reload helps.:D

This is the process:

Is it possible to omit the click discs and work only with the optical control? Thank you!

Fox,

Orvaxxx

If you could build a LEGO Millenium Falcon then you’ll have no problems with this :D You'd need at least a pointy tweezer and a magnet / Reload helps.

This is the process:

How much in €?

Orvaxxx,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I did, believe me I did, I actually had to look up how to delete posts as it added 3 of the same thing... hence the "I suck at forums" and I am only replying to this message to clarify that I did that... because I literally am to embarred to function right now (my PTSD is kicking in and I am going to disapear..) sucks to be real on the internet... you can easily get hurt when making a mistake and people just don't care how a mistake happened only that its not good enough... see vaporisers are about me being able to medicate and not feel like this, pathetic and small and worthless.... its about not being overwhelmed with nightmares or bursting into tears when someone like yourself decides to point out my mistakes which considering the text says "mods please delete" I tried to figure out and fix it... why did you need to make me feel like shit? do you feel better now? I give up..

First, there is no need to be embarrassed by posting back-to-back. Many of us have done it, some of us several times. When a mod merges your back-to-back posts, you will usually get a reminder and instructions on how to avoid doing it. You should not feel intimidated by this, it's just meant to help you understand what to do when it happens.

Second, I strongly urge you not to feel ashamed or hurt by what some stranger on the internet posts about you. There are few people in your life whose opinion of you should matter, and you can be sure that person isn't one of them. Do not give them any power over you by letting them make you feel bad. Please learn to ignore them, block them if you must, and report them if they break the rules. Otherwise, forget about them and whatever they said. Nobody else will remember or care, so why should you?

In this case, @Petetbay wasn't trying to make you feel like a shit, he was trying to be helpful. I know it did not look like that to you, but I also know that was the intent.

TankeyPankey

I'm assuming the replacement kit will be 20 GBP then? Will both items have free shipping?

Also, what's the status on the temp sensor for this test? I know you were hoping to get some new parts to test this past week. Did that go well in your testing?

Last edited:
TankeyPankey,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
In this case, @Petetbay wasn't trying to make you feel like a shit, he was trying to be helpful. I know it did not look like that to you, but I also know that was the intent.
Just at the time - I don't want to justify bad behavior - it just coincided with a few things.. and I lashed out and... sadly you can't delete stupidity.

I worked myself up - I apologies...

Like I said I haven't been this interested in something and I guess as usual... when I care - I am all in, so (as stupid as this sounds in hindsight) at the time I felt like I would piss people off and somehow ruin my chance to get a Tempest... I know it makes no sense but that is how I felt at the time... so when he tried to help, I saw it as an attack and I couldn't fix it and I was sure that this was the final straw and I'd never be able to get one...

this is why the only outlets I have are medicinal forums (CBD Reviews Australia, Canna-Reviews) where I help connect people with medicine provider and types as its a safe place where everyone has been through the same stuff... anyway TMI.

thanks for sharing your view.

Last edited:

Wiggle

So I wasn't expecting 50 of these test units to be dropped. I was personally just thinking it would be a handful and that it would not be worth getting worked up over if the release was near. But now that I know it's 50, which is definitely higher imo than the active posters on this thread imo, it feels like we got a pretty great shot at receiving one.

So with that being said...is the Tempest being delayed? So many test units with some key missing parts feels like the beta/testing period is still well underway. Can we still expect the Tempest by at latest, year's end? Or has there been additional problems that are leading to there being an extended testing period.

From my understanding, the Tempest was designed and then received, there were some flaws from the producer. Then once the new stuff was received, the "click discs" were not calibrated. And so this, I guess manual process, from the video you are showing, has to be done for each of the units. And then I guess the particular process for getting some colorways was revised. So we were in a position where there needed to be calibrated "click discs", finishes on colors, and then some in house testing on the units before they would be ready. Is this accurate? Or is there something else that happened or something incorrect there.

I am in a position where I am liking the idea of potentially trying for this early unit to test. But I live in the States, so it might take a little bit to come here anyway. And then if this drop is happening in a week or two, that is November and then the shipping adds after. So I figure if the drop of the finalized product, where I can choose my colors, and I can fully customize and get everything I want all at once, is going to be before the end of the year, then it's just a few more weeks, to have it all it one shipment and all sorted. But if the unit is still in testing and needs like 50 more people, it makes me feel like I would be a fool to not try to get in on that because the end release is likely pushed back into February 2024 or something?

Outside of this, umm, this business of the "limited edition" colorways for presales and then eventually down the line. Damn, that shit gave me consumer anxiety like crazy. My brain is running wild, I don't like it. I am thinking, the manufacturer is going to sell the limited edition colors on their site likely and then the resellers will likely just carry the "official" colorways and maybe a few of each limited colorway if at all...so it's best to just cop the limited edition from the manufacturer directly and not get the colorway I was originally looking for, since I could grab it later easily, if the limited edition color is relatively nice. And I feel that since I am not in the UK, so ordering from a US reseller is easier but might lock me out of limited quantity drops. But then I am thinking, what if I like the limited edition colorway but not as much as the original colorway I was going for. But then I think, hey I was here with everyone before the release and the limited edition colorway is the only physical showcase of that on the device and that would mean something to me beyond just having a "perfectly unique for me" design. And that if I really wanted that a couple years from now, I could just cop come Tempest parts that create the design I originally wanted.

And idk, this whole colorway thing is so stressful, man. It's obviously fucking nice. But the second "limited edition" is introduced, the whole thing gets filled with so much more FOMO and stress. And then the idea of exclusive to presale/preorder "limited editions" just gets your head spinning. And then what if the "limited edition" to presales/preorders colorways are just so popular, we get like Destiny 2'd where a season or two from now, because of consumer demand, the "limited edition" presale/preorder colorways are just rereleased again to appease consumers. Where they would still be "limited edition" but now they are no longer preorder/presale exclusive. My brain just spinning crazy on this. It's got me so wound up. Is there some other identifier for presale/preorders on these units that is physical? Something besides the limited edition colorway options? Like a laser etch or something that just absolves that itch without the need to get a whole different color you might not have picked up otherwise?

Jojofernz

This is the process:

Good to know the pricing!

It makes me realize I won’t be able to grab a test unit and I better start saving money right now if I wanna get a tempest on release.

Feb 2024 release? When taxes hit haha

TankeyPankey

I think the limited edition just means there were some units in testing that are not being produced anymore. I could be wrong though.

I am also from US which is why I asked about free shipping, if you order direct and the order is above 200 gbp,. it's free shipping. I'd completely understand if they couldn't make that happen though.

I think I'll still wait, but hopefully the wait between test and final release isn't too long. I'm fortunate to have this be my first vaporizer in 10+ years, but that means I have no other device to hold me over.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
this whole thing is so stressful, man.
You made me feel less crazy (I mean that in the best possible way), As an Aussie we have even less resellers and options and the conversion rate is shocking :)

The fomo is real and I wish I could jump on any opportunity but, I realistically only have one, release day from MH UK.

Literally one place finally started reselling the Reload Gen 2 - only 2 weeks ago.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: Wiggle

Brenyo

Manufacturer
I'm assuming the replacement kit will be 20 GBP then? Will both items have free shipping?
25, yes.
Also, what's the status on the temp sensor for this test? I know you were hoping to get some new parts to test this past week. Did that go well in your testing?
There is no temp sensor in these. I’m still waiting to be able to test the new parts, hopefully it’ll be ready next week. If we’re closer to the solution then I’ll waste some more money and order 3 different custom bimetals. That way there is a very good chance that one of those will work for each sensor so we don‘t have to wait another month for new ones.

Can we still expect the Tempest by at latest, year's end? Or has there been additional problems that are leading to there being an extended testing period.
I can’t guarantee it at this point, I can’t even guarantee that there will ever be a perfectly calibrated sensor (there is already a version that does the job, but not as well as I’d like), however the chance of that is very little.
There are no other problems yet.
And then I guess the particular process for getting some colorways was revised.
The colors were not set it stone yet, I’ll decide on them probably next week. I expect no changes yet.

So we were in a position where there needed to be calibrated "click discs", finishes on colors, and then some in house testing on the units before they would be ready. Is this accurate?
That’s about right. The colors will be ready by the time we have the calibrated sensors. No more testing is needed apart from the calibration.

Outside of this, umm, this business of the "limited edition" colorways for presales and then eventually down the line.
There won’t be limited editions for sale, just limited monthly / quarterly drops. Like a PVD gold color for example. I would have about 500-750 of them but when it’s gone there probably won’t be more because of this high MOQ. However if there is a big interest I’d bring it back.

The other limited ones would be the gradient anodized. I’ll only sell those as-is without the option of mixing the colors. If there is interest eventually they’d come back as there are only so many colors that’s possible and looks good.

The only truly limited ones are the color samples that I don’t think that’ll ever make the cut. These will be both PVD and anodized and only be available as giveaway.

This is the plan for now, it can change ofc.

Last edited:

garett

What will be the price for the final version? On your website the units sre around 180 - 220 GBP. But i assume it will be higher cause the test kits are at the same price.
I will buy it anyway if i cant grab a testkit, just want to know.

garett,

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I don't know what to do, its a gut wrenching feeling that seems to be keeping me up at night... another 3am just to see what's said as you guys finish work and hear the updates. I feel like Bart Simpson with the electrocuted cupcake. "oooh the tempest looks cool" zap "damn that hurts.... oh the tempest looks cool" zap...

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
Reactions: Wiggle

Brenyo

Manufacturer
What will be the price for the final version? On your website the units sre around 180 - 220 GBP. But i assume it will be higher cause the test kits are at the same price.
I will buy it anyway if i cant grab a testkit, just want to know.
It will be the same price as these early units + final parts in total. You see the prices without the UK tax, which is only for UK customers.

RedZep

So I wasn't expecting 50 of these test units to be dropped. I was personally just thinking it would be a handful and that it would not be worth getting worked up over if the release was near. But now that I know it's 50, which is definitely higher imo than the active posters on this thread imo, it feels like we got a pretty great shot at receiving one.

So with that being said...is the Tempest being delayed? So many test units with some key missing parts feels like the beta/testing period is still well underway. Can we still expect the Tempest by at latest, year's end? Or has there been additional problems that are leading to there being an extended testing period.

From my understanding, the Tempest was designed and then received, there were some flaws from the producer. Then once the new stuff was received, the "click discs" were not calibrated. And so this, I guess manual process, from the video you are showing, has to be done for each of the units. And then I guess the particular process for getting some colorways was revised. So we were in a position where there needed to be calibrated "click discs", finishes on colors, and then some in house testing on the units before they would be ready. Is this accurate? Or is there something else that happened or something incorrect there.

I am in a position where I am liking the idea of potentially trying for this early unit to test. But I live in the States, so it might take a little bit to come here anyway. And then if this drop is happening in a week or two, that is November and then the shipping adds after. So I figure if the drop of the finalized product, where I can choose my colors, and I can fully customize and get everything I want all at once, is going to be before the end of the year, then it's just a few more weeks, to have it all it one shipment and all sorted. But if the unit is still in testing and needs like 50 more people, it makes me feel like I would be a fool to not try to get in on that because the end release is likely pushed back into February 2024 or something?

Outside of this, umm, this business of the "limited edition" colorways for presales and then eventually down the line. Damn, that shit gave me consumer anxiety like crazy. My brain is running wild, I don't like it. I am thinking, the manufacturer is going to sell the limited edition colors on their site likely and then the resellers will likely just carry the "official" colorways and maybe a few of each limited colorway if at all...so it's best to just cop the limited edition from the manufacturer directly and not get the colorway I was originally looking for, since I could grab it later easily, if the limited edition color is relatively nice. And I feel that since I am not in the UK, so ordering from a US reseller is easier but might lock me out of limited quantity drops. But then I am thinking, what if I like the limited edition colorway but not as much as the original colorway I was going for. But then I think, hey I was here with everyone before the release and the limited edition colorway is the only physical showcase of that on the device and that would mean something to me beyond just having a "perfectly unique for me" design. And that if I really wanted that a couple years from now, I could just cop come Tempest parts that create the design I originally wanted.

And idk, this whole colorway thing is so stressful, man. It's obviously fucking nice. But the second "limited edition" is introduced, the whole thing gets filled with so much more FOMO and stress. And then the idea of exclusive to presale/preorder "limited editions" just gets your head spinning. And then what if the "limited edition" to presales/preorders colorways are just so popular, we get like Destiny 2'd where a season or two from now, because of consumer demand, the "limited edition" presale/preorder colorways are just rereleased again to appease consumers. Where they would still be "limited edition" but now they are no longer preorder/presale exclusive. My brain just spinning crazy on this. It's got me so wound up. Is there some other identifier for presale/preorders on these units that is physical? Something besides the limited edition colorway options? Like a laser etch or something that just absolves that itch without the need to get a whole different color you might not have picked up otherwise?
I understand the analysis paralysis, and choice anxiety. I can get that sometimes. I honestly think once you have one you will love it regardless. Limited edition colors should only be prioritised if they are colours you would have chosen anyway. For myself I prefer the normal blue over the turquoise.

Top Bottom