The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Question for the review giveaway, is it possible to leave a review for a Reload if I was part of a mass buy haha? It was part of one the ent exchange did a while back so I dunno if I have an actual order number
No unfortunately unless you use the email that was used for the original purchase and in case you’ve won, it would likely be sent to the original buyer as I don’t get in touch before usually, just set up an order. Otherwise anyone could leave a review without having the product.
Ohh, are the Testkits only for guys who recently bought and reviewed a reload stem?
No, it’s mainly for FC members but anyone can buy it.
Will the light/metallic blue be an available colour on release ?
Still TBD, but I’ll probably go with the dark blue instead at launch. I love that color though and it’ll likely be available as a limited drop at some point.

Seinen

No unfortunately unless you use the email that was used for the original purchase and in case you’ve won, it would likely be sent to the original buyer as I don’t get in touch before usually, just set up an order. Otherwise anyone could leave a review without having the product.

No, it’s mainly for FC members but anyone can buy it.

Still TBD, but I’ll probably go with the dark blue instead at launch. I love that color though and it’ll likely be available as a limited drop at some point.
That colour is georgous
'At some point' means some time after Tempest officially release ? Thanks for the answers as always :luv:

Seinen,

RedZep

@Brenyo Seeing the pic of the black tempest with wooden sleeve you recently posted has me questioning my colour choice again.

The black is coated instead of colour treated. Does this affect scratch resistance? And would the coated parts be safe to submerge in ISO?

Brenyo

Manufacturer
That colour is georgous
'At some point' means some time after Tempest officially release ? Thanks for the answers as always :luv:
Yes, after the release.

The black is coated instead of colour treated. Does this affect scratch resistance? And would the coated parts be safe to submerge in ISO?
It does, it’s has a better scratch resistance. Both PVD and DLC is fine with ISO and they generally keep the color better with use.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@Brenyo

Will the 20% off an accessory deal be valid for the test units? Was planning to get a reload.

The wand insert would be no use to me, I dont have a wand. Hoping you can get a test unit without.

I am planning on using a torch and winging it. After all that's what you have to do with a TA, and the fusion to a certain extent.

Thank you @Brenyo for giving us this opportunity to buy early. There is a lot of us chomping at the bit to get hold of the tempest.

oddjobold,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Will the 20% off an accessory deal be valid for the test units? Was planning to get a reload
It should work

The wand insert would be no use to me, I dont have a wand. Hoping you can get a test unit without.
You can but it’s the same price without :D It comes with it as a pre-order bonus

Thats great, so i hope i can grab one. Any idea when?
Hopefully next weekend, might be the week after.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
So to clarify this test version, won't have a case, won't have a box, and no click disk or temp indicator, but everything else is final?

I remember @RedZep saying something about the ball screen not being final in his version. Will this be final in these test versions?

oddjobold,
Reactions: MDude

popitup

I've been lurking on this thread for a while, I'm pretty excited. My entry into analog vapes was a revolve that I originally purchased as a stem for my TM2, but after trying it with the wand, I do rather like it on it's own! Great work on that, as well as the reload, which I recently picked up to go with my revolve.

The idea of this vape is making me salivate. How do we sign up to test?

RedZep

I have been a total convert to the Tempest and I am so excited for when I can get my hands on one - but I can't stay up to 3am (Sydney Aus) every night to try and get in on the action.... I have the same fears for any presale process and even for release day... ah well... I just take my anxious / FOMO ridden ass to bed... and just hope... I can score one - one day.
Brenyo has stated there will be enough for everyone at release day. Lots of vapes from first time artisan producers are a nightmare to get on release, and sometimes even after. However MadHeaters is an established company at this point after the successful releases of the Reloads and Revolve stems. He has his manufacturing resources in order, and presumably the capital needed to produce adequate stock.

Suffice to say I think you can let go of any anxiety there. We should all be good come release day. We just need to make our minds up what colours we want, which is not easy!

Feyd2blak

@Brenyo Seeing the pic of the black tempest with wooden sleeve you recently posted has me questioning my colour choice again.

Yeah that bad boy looks classy AF, choosing a colour is bad enough, titanium or wood is gonna be impossible lol

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
I know it's probably asking a lot, but it would be awesome if the website had a Tempest config tool that allowed you to select stem color, shield color, etc and even swap in the wood options, so you could really dial in your perfect look. For example, it would be nice to configure an all metal Tempest then just swap the body with wood to see how it matches up (then of course add the wood stem to the cart along with the base metal vape).

Another option would be to take photos (or "Photoshop") each possible combination so you can look through it that way, but I'm inspired by the GFL BCG website which came in handy when picking out a grinder awhile back.

Fox

@Brenyo Because we were just talking about colors, titanium gray can be turned into a beautiful gold. Is that on the list? I don't like to buy twice, my patience is limitless. Gold and black wood, my dream, may not be forever. lol... So many questions and requests, everyone has their own idea, but that's what makes us special.

Fox,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
This is from back on page 5. These are @Brenyo's early color considerations. There have probably been some changes.
Tempest_colors.jpg

Brenyo

Manufacturer
How do we sign up to test?
There is no sign-up, just a few early units for sale in about a week. I’ll post it here when I know the day

I know it's probably asking a lot, but it would be awesome if the website had a Tempest config tool that allowed you to select stem color, shield color, etc and even swap in the wood options, so you could really dial in your perfect look. For example, it would be nice to configure an all metal Tempest then just swap the body with wood to see how it matches up (then of course add the wood stem to the cart along with the base metal vape).

Another option would be to take photos (or "Photoshop") each possible combination so you can look through it that way, but I'm inspired by the GFL BCG website which came in handy when picking out a grinder awhile back.
That was the plan but there is no mess-free solution for this with the amount of possible variations unfortunately.

The BCG website works the same way, there isn’t a picture of all variations but it’s done with layers.

The Tempest page will have a picture for all variations separately when it’s ready

@Brenyo Because we were just talking about colors, titanium gray can be turned into a beautiful gold. Is that on the list?
Not with ano because I think it fades a bit too much, but I’ll have to test it again next week. It’s planned but probably only with PVD which is much nicer IMO. Every PVD color has a fairly high MOQ so I’m not sure when it could happen.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Suffice to say I think you can let go of any anxiety there. We should all be good come release day. We just need to make our minds up what colours we want, which is not easy!
Titanium; Silver base with Black heat shield (i.e. 3) is probably one of the nicest looking devices I have seen and its nice to have this level of customization at the outset; its usually the last thing added.

and as above, by the time I get up, you are all in bed and all the presales and conversations have finished and I spend 8 hours watching an empty board waiting for people to come back, which they do, after 12am :) its harder to feel as confident there will be stock left when you're getting up when everyone else is going to bed.

I official suck at forums and am going to give up... thanks for your time

VapingYogi,

RedZep

Titanium; Silver base with Black heat shield (i.e. 3) is probably one of the nicest looking devices I have seen and its nice to have this level of customization at the outset; its usually the last thing added.

and as above, by the time I get up, you are all in bed and all the presales and conversations have finished and I spend 8 hours watching an empty board waiting for people to come back, which they do, after 12am :) its harder to feel as confident there will be stock left when you're getting up when everyone else is going to bed.

I official suck at forums and am going to give up... thanks for your time
Don't worry mate. I reckon you will get one. You don't suck at forums. You are just voicing your opinion like the rest of us :)

Maybe I just gave you the live forum experience by responding to your message in under 10 minutes. It's almost 4am here in UK. I'm well past my bedtime (joys of early dating with new person). I'm just heading for bed now. Glad I got to make you feel that the boards aren't empty though :D Have a nice day down under fella.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Not suppose write consecutive posts before some time has past and you can’t edit your post. Use the the edit function to add to your existing post. Ask the forum mod to combine them.

mod: please delete
I did, believe me I did, I actually had to look up how to delete posts as it added 3 of the same thing... hence the "I suck at forums" and I am only replying to this message to clarify that I did that... because I literally am to embarred to function right now (my PTSD is kicking in and I am going to disapear..) sucks to be real on the internet... you can easily get hurt when making a mistake and people just don't care how a mistake happened only that its not good enough... see vaporisers are about me being able to medicate and not feel like this, pathetic and small and worthless.... its about not being overwhelmed with nightmares or bursting into tears when someone like yourself decides to point out my mistakes which considering the text says "mods please delete" I tried to figure out and fix it... why did you need to make me feel like shit? do you feel better now? I give up..

Last edited:
VapingYogi,
  • Haha
Reactions: Petetbay

Zagala

How hard will it be to install the indicator if you purchase a test unit in the planned sale? Will this require specific tools? Thank!

Zagala,
Reactions: btka

FirmLeg

How hard will it be to install the indicator if you purchase a test unit in the planned sale? Will this require specific tools? Thank!
Brenyo mentioned that it can be fiddly but only takes a few mins.

I did, believe me I did, I actually had to look up how to delete posts as it added 3 of the same thing... hence the "I suck at forums" and I am only replying to this message to clarify that I did that... because I literally am to embarred to function right now (my PTSD is kicking in and I am going to disapear..) sucks to be real on the internet... you can easily get hurt when making a mistake and people just don't care how a mistake happened only that its not good enough... see vaporisers are about me being able to medicate and not feel like this, pathetic and small and worthless.... its about not being overwhelmed with nightmares or bursting into tears when someone like yourself decides to point out my mistakes which considering the text says "mods please delete" I tried to figure out and fix it... why did you need to make me feel like shit? do you feel better now? I give up..
I hope you're feeling a bit better, maybe after hitting your T360!

I'm also from Aus and I've recently splurged on the B1 + glass and accessories. I see the Tempest as the perfect complement and any fears I previously had surrounding inventory have been allayed. Therefore I'm more than happy to just keep enjoying my B1 until I have the Tempest in rotation.

I'm a little envious of your growing setup! The Screwball looks fantastic and I'm sure you'd have no trouble offloading your ball vape/s on the au discord exchange to help fund Tempest

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I'm a little envious of your growing setup! The Screwball looks fantastic and I'm sure you'd have no trouble offloading your ball vape/s on the au discord exchange to help fund Tempest
I have a partner that looks after me so, I'm very lucky there, I don't know what I would do without her as I haven't had employment for almost 10 years

au discord exchange to help fund Tempest
Can you send me the discord, I don't really want to sell anything but I do want to give away the stuff I don't use to people who need them - thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom