The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

kokolokokolokon

And similar to this pic with the black parts:
IMG_0043.jpg

Dr Dre Oh Snap GIF

RxPlorer

I’m really trying to be a vape minimalist, so what I want to know despite having an ALP and 2 Bowles and a Fog Pro and a vapman soon to be with a station, ok maybe also a second vapman because the station needs a Pure, and a Toad on the way, is there any chance in hell that I’ll get this Tempest and end up still VASsing for the Anvil???

Clapped_r6

Idk, I absolutely love my anvil, I see my new Tempest as likely replacing my freight train.....
If the vapor is tolerable without a piece, it'll be a slam dunk

simba

@weedanwine
I’m really trying to be a vape minimalist, so what I want to know despite having an ALP and 2 Bowles and a Fog Pro and a vapman soon to be with a station, ok maybe also a second vapman because the station needs a Pure, and a Toad on the way, is there any chance in hell that I’ll get this Tempest and end up still VASsing for the Anvil???

I stopped being curious about the Anvil after getting my TA, so I say yes. Also after trying out the Anvil I'm still of the same opinion.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Tempest is a Ballvape. We aren't comparing apples to oranges here. I can't tell much difference. I think when you have ample calories like in B0 and Tempest, potency becomes more about temp choice. I did a very high temp hit in Tempest the other day, the AVB came out looking like a RTL 0.05g bowl Anvil hit. I was smacked out of my mind.
Thanks for sharing, yeah I know its a stretch of a comparison - but I guess what I was saying is on par with what you are saying, that is I liked my Anvil over the Freight Train most of the time because of the ease of use, if I was going to hammer a bunch I would turn the Freight Train on, so I guess what I am hoping for (and what you and other say is promising) is that it will be the same sort of experience; in that the ease of use, speed of heating and ability to use it natively on the couch or on the move - will mean I reach for it - over turning on the Taroma 360 - most of the time. That would be a great experience.

I'm really hopeful, but first I have to get one, and being Aussie and with the time differences its always a challenge getting in on a presale or scoring during a release event lol or I am just useless :)

VapingYogi,

RedZep

I have a lot of experience with the Anvil. IMO the Tempest is noticeably superior in lots of ways. I'll put something in the comparison thread today.
Idk, I absolutely love my anvil, I see my new Tempest as likely replacing my freight train.....
If the vapor is tolerable without a piece, it'll be a slam dunk
I'm finding the vapour to be more than tolerable. It's comfortable, even without secondary cooling spiral. The vape is a massive slam dunk.
Thanks for sharing, yeah I know its a stretch of a comparison - but I guess what I was saying is on par with what you are saying, that is I liked my Anvil over the Freight Train most of the time because of the ease of use, if I was going to hammer a bunch I would turn the Freight Train on, so I guess what I am hoping for (and what you and other say is promising) is that it will be the same sort of experience; in that the ease of use, speed of heating and ability to use it natively on the couch or on the move - will mean I reach for it - over turning on the Taroma 360 - most of the time. That would be a great experience.

I'm really hopeful, but first I have to get one, and being Aussie and with the time differences its always a challenge getting in on a presale or scoring during a release event lol or I am just useless :)
Can't say for everyone, but I find chaining hits in Tempest easier, more enjoyable than doing it in a B0. I'm literally replacing my B0 with it. Shipping it out to a buyer today. I always had things I didn't enjoy about desktop ball vapes though, so other people may feel differently. I disliked 10 warm up, or needing to leave it on. I disliked using and cleaning a large glass piece. I despised the reload process. Tempest solves all of that for me.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Can't say for everyone, but I find chaining hits in Tempest easier, more enjoyable than doing it in a B0. I'm literally replacing my B0 with it. Shipping it out to a buyer today. I always had things I didn't enjoy about desktop ball vapes though, so other people may feel differently. I disliked 10 warm up, or needing to leave it on. I disliked using and cleaning a large glass piece. I despised the reload process. Tempest solves all of that for me.
truth is, even though I use my ball vapes most, I still come back to using a dynvap or the anvil for the ease of use and the ritual. The things I am reading are really promising... and has actually stopped me looking at anything else which was unexpected... lol I'm starting to feel the FOMO lol.

Truthfully i'm still keen to see the second turn up, but yeah I like the idea, the ritual and ease you describe... I just hope I can find a way :)

Last edited:

RedZep

truth is, even though I use my ball vapes most, I still come back to using a dynvap or the anvil for the ease of use and the ritual. The things I am reading are really promising... and has actually stopped me looking at anything else which was unexpected... lol I'm starting to feel the FOMO lol.

Thanks for sharing, the ritual and ease you describe is extremely attractive.
Yeah it stopped my FOMO for other vapes. I was about to pull the trigger on a Couchlog until I tried Tempest (I intended to buy both) but now I don't see a need. I think it's the ease of use/cleaning, versatility. It's an absolute workhorse. So other vapes on my radar have become wants instead of needs.

Last edited:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
Yeah it stopped my FOMO for other vapes. I was about to pull the trigger on a Couchlog until I tried Tempest (I intended to buy both) but now I don't see a need. I think it's the ease of use/cleaning, versatility. It's an absolute workhorse. So other vapes on my radar have become wants instead of needs.
I have to admit, in the last 3 weeks I have bought 2 ball vapes (having owned a Freight Train since december of last year)... which I picked to try and fill a need... something to give me a proper kick... BUT as I prefer to sit in the living room with my Anvil or somthing like my Simrell Vortex and 9Fin... I am starting to see the Tempest through your eyes and all I can think about is - how the hell am I going to get one... FOMO... :) thanks for sharing mate.

Last edited:

RedZep

I have to admit, in the last 3 weeks I have bought 2 ball vapes (having owned a Freight Train since december of last year)... which I picked to try and fill a need... something to give me a proper kick... BUT as I prefer to sit in the living room with my Anvil or somthing like my Simrell Vortex and 9Fin... I am starting to see the Tempest through your eyes and all I can think about is - how the hell am I going to get one... FOMO... :) thanks for sharing mate.
It's one of those special vapes you feel comfortable recommending to almost anyone. I think the Tempest is going to make a lot of people see their existing line up in a different light. It's a standard raiser.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
It's one of those special vapes you feel comfortable recommending to almost anyone. I think the Tempest is going to make a lot of people see their existing line up in a different light. It's a standard raiser.
hence the FOMO :p

VapingYogi,
Reactions: RedZep

RedeyeDezign

Accessory Maker
What vapes do you have? Would you mind posting in the comparison thread too?
Oh man, thats quite a list, lol. Recently its been Revolve gen2 with 2020 titanium tip and armored cap set up for daytime and B1 or Omega ball vapes for night time. But I have a lot of other stuff thats been sitting around that I just cant see a use case for now. I'll make a more comprehensive list/comparison in your thread.

Wiggle

Damn, the beta testers for this just got us foaming at the mouth for like months. This is like product launch torture :rofl:.

With each day passed and each video, it just gets more routine to check the thread. Each picture and video just keeps looking better and better. I can't wait to eventually open that little brown box on my porch and just hold that cold metal in my desperate little hands and just shove some flower in that shit. I can imagine just the thrill of the first exhale matching the videos I've seen and just maniacally cackling at it really being as good as it looked. Oh, the day will come when I click on this thread and look at this damn website wallpaper for the upteenth time and then see Brenyo simply post, "Preorders are up" and my eyes will light up like a Christmas tree and I will feel the fleeting butterflies in my stomach as the chemicals flood my brain. The VAS is real on this one :bowdown:

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
The VAS is real on this one :bowdown:

TLDR: I spent 70% of my savings on vapes before I found this thread and now I am officially screwed…

It doesn’t help that we are all feeling it and sharing it in a way… we all feel the VAS bad and sharing it makes it worse (well done beta tester team and manufacture).

I thought after waiting since December and having not bought anything, I thought I’d finally grab a few things.

As I primarily use my Dynavap when I’m watching TV or Movies with my partner I thought the Anvil would be perfect so I grabbed one of them to see if I could replace my Dynavap. In the end I just ended up using them both.

So I thought my problem is that I obviously wasn’t getting what I needed out of my desktop system (Freight Train Pro).

I watched some videos and decided to grab a Screwball - which at the time it was not on the website for sale - it just had a “early adopters kit” that was sold out.

So I got my purchase my second choice, which was the QaromaShop Taroma 360.

The Taroma 360 hadn’t arrived and the Screwball presale went up - as it was my first choice and I hadn’t receive the 360 I grabbed one of the presale.

The Taroma 360 turn up and was a massive leap over the Freight Train Pro I originally had. The T360 is great and I started to go use it before coming and sitting down on the couch to watch a show. For a whole, the novelty of actually having a great ball vape started to wear off a bit and I found myself back with my Dynavap or Anvils on my couch.

I decided that I spent most of my time using the Dynavaps and Anvil so - I would pay the expensive shipping from the UK to Australia so I can get a Reload Gen 2 as that would complete my little kit for watching movies with my partner.

So when I was hunting for the Reload Gen 2 on the Madheaters website I a link to the FC Forum and in was then I found out about the Tempest.

I got my Reload Gen 2 and now I found this thread about the Tempest and… I’m screwed. It’s basically what I was looking for but didn’t think existed. I’ve just forked out 70% of the money I’d saved for the year and now I find what I think I really wanted this whole time and VAS has made this thread my default homepage when ever I open up safari on my phone.

To clarify, the T360 is amazing, I’m still interested in the Screwball and look forward to it arriving… but I think the Tempest - if I ever manage to get one… will take over as daily and might help me with my relationship and not pausing the TV / a movie as often.

Timps27

Feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again
@VapingYogi The VAS is real and you will never get anything but encouragement to indulge from this community, it’s our shared guilty pleasure.

You can always offer up some of your devices in the classifieds, the second hand market in the community is active here and on other mediums. You won’t get all of the money back, but you pay your portion for what it contributed to your journey, and a fellow who might have an even smaller vape budget gets to add it to their journey!

If the Tempest is what we all believe it will be, it will be around for a while, don’t feel like this one will be lost if you don’t have the budget to partake day 1!

ETA: I myself have been fighting off daily temptation for the one Screwball kit left in stock…knowing I’m saving for Tempest…the struggle is real. I hope it’s fantastic when you get it!

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
ETA: I myself have been fighting off daily temptation for the one Screwball kit left in stock…knowing I’m saving for Tempest…the struggle is real. I hope it’s fantastic when you get it!
I'm glad I am not the only one who's feeling it :) as back to front this sounds, if I can get a Tempest before Xmas, its going to be a Xmas present for my partner as over the holidays and when we visit her parents, I'm not going to be running of to another room to medicate.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: TedJones

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I jumped in the first thread you shared and within a few minutes I was laughing. Thanks for sharing as I will read through them.

Truth is I thought I was in control *laughs* I literally replaced everything this month, everything, from the power board that the PIDs plug into, to the PIDs and assemblies, to the glass rig and even the jars I use…

I was feeling… content… satisfied…

Oh well :)

The latest interactive image on the madheaters tempest collection page, of the titanium body, it’s such a beautiful image that makes the device almost feel real.

I was wondering about the ratio of convection to conduction heating in the Tempest. Does the bowl where the herb sits heat up to add a level of conduction heating to create a hybrid experience?

Sorry for the frequent posts / comments / questions, I’m rarely this interested in something.

VapingYogi,
Reactions: jardri

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
You can always offer up some of your devices in the classifieds, the second hand market in the community is active here and on other mediums. You won’t get all of the money back, but you pay your portion for what it contributed to your journey, and a fellow who might have an even smaller vape budget gets to add it to their journey!
Just to share... I don't have friends to give stuff to, so if I have "used" a device and enjoyed it for a time, I usually post in the Cannabis Medical Facebook Group (in Australia) that I help to moderate. I'm unemployed, so I know how hard it can be to justify a Vaporizer over getting that second tub/bag, so when I find someone who is currently smoking and wants to convert to vaping, I "pay it forward" and I give away which ever of my boxed vapes that the person is interested in.... I haven't done it much but I gave away my Pax 3, a Davinci IQ, one of my Solo II's, a Silver Surfer and a Volcano Classic... anyway I just wanted to address the "selling" concept, its not me.

RedZep

TLDR: I spent 70% of my savings on vapes before I found this thread and now I am officially screwed…

It doesn’t help that we are all feeling it and sharing it in a way… we all feel the VAS bad and sharing it makes it worse (well done beta tester team and manufacture).

I thought after waiting since December and having not bought anything, I thought I’d finally grab a few things.

As I primarily use my Dynavap when I’m watching TV or Movies with my partner I thought the Anvil would be perfect so I grabbed one of them to see if I could replace my Dynavap. In the end I just ended up using them both.

So I thought my problem is that I obviously wasn’t getting what I needed out of my desktop system (Freight Train Pro).

I watched some videos and decided to grab a Screwball - which at the time it was not on the website for sale - it just had a “early adopters kit” that was sold out.

So I got my purchase my second choice, which was the QaromaShop Taroma 360.

The Taroma 360 hadn’t arrived and the Screwball presale went up - as it was my first choice and I hadn’t receive the 360 I grabbed one of the presale.

The Taroma 360 turn up and was a massive leap over the Freight Train Pro I originally had. The T360 is great and I started to go use it before coming and sitting down on the couch to watch a show. For a whole, the novelty of actually having a great ball vape started to wear off a bit and I found myself back with my Dynavap or Anvils on my couch.

I decided that I spent most of my time using the Dynavaps and Anvil so - I would pay the expensive shipping from the UK to Australia so I can get a Reload Gen 2 as that would complete my little kit for watching movies with my partner.

So when I was hunting for the Reload Gen 2 on the Madheaters website I a link to the FC Forum and in was then I found out about the Tempest.

I got my Reload Gen 2 and now I found this thread about the Tempest and… I’m screwed. It’s basically what I was looking for but didn’t think existed. I’ve just forked out 70% of the money I’d saved for the year and now I find what I think I really wanted this whole time and VAS has made this thread my default homepage when ever I open up safari on my phone.

To clarify, the T360 is amazing, I’m still interested in the Screwball and look forward to it arriving… but I think the Tempest - if I ever manage to get one… will take over as daily and might help me with my relationship and not pausing the TV / a movie as often.
I never worry about VAS. I keep my rotation trimmed. As long as a niche is covered i'm good. Buying vapes I wanted, then selling the ones made redundant, has allowed me to try some of the best vapes ever made, and increased my knowledge and experience of what makes a vape a keeper. It's also increased my standards.

VapingYogi

Pranayama; of a sort.
I never worry about VAS. I keep my rotation trimmed. As long as a niche is covered i'm good. Buying vapes I wanted, then selling the ones made redundant, has allowed me to try some of the best vapes ever made, and increased my knowledge and experience of what makes a vape a keeper. It's also increased my standards.
I wouldn't be here if I didn't feel the same, its annoying that I have already started to imagine using it :)

I was wondering about the ratio of convection to conduction heating in the Tempest.
Does the bowl where the herb sits heat up to add a level of conduction heating to create a hybrid experience?

Top Bottom