The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Lomoski

So looking at the other guys photos of his improperly working spring and Vi...mine was assembled wrong from the factory. I don't actually know how to post photos on here though. Glad I checked on here but a bit bummed that it came incorrect. Will re assemble and make sure it's correct and re try.

Lomoski,
Reactions: Grover

Brenyo

Manufacturer
So looking at the other guys photos of his improperly working spring and Vi...mine was assembled wrong from the factory. I don't actually know how to post photos on here though. Glad I checked on here but a bit bummed that it came incorrect. Will re assemble and make sure it's correct and re try.
Sorry about that, I did check each one but a few could’ve slipped though. What was wrong? The center of the spring was not below the 2 posts?

Lomoski

And can report that re installing the spring under the legs properly fixed the jumping vi! Thanks! And no stress. Big release, a few are going to get through. Just ran a couple bowls and it's a big improvement on getting the heat and re heat right. Hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Unfortunately I managed to oversell the black Tempests too :(

Any orders on the UK site that have not yet been shipped with a black primary color Tempest WOOD can change to a green, purple, or blue (or any combination of these) full Ti model at no extra cost OR get a free Reload.

Any orders with a black primary Tempest can be exchanged for a green, purple, or blue (or any combination of these) model and receive a free wood sleeve OR Reload.

Please send a PM or email

Wozz

My beta upgrade kit arrives today, along with a factory second Reload and a wooden sleeve. The only thing is, I have this thing so well dialed in at this point that I'm not sure I should change anything. It works great with the wand and I have it on a @Hookahhead_MD WPA. 2 big dairy hits on glass. Definitely thinking if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Mine came Wednesday I think.
The new induction sleeve looks sweet 🔥😍
Worthy upgrade 👍

Is it any better in the wand? 🤷‍♂️ It certainly isn't worse. Same,. Subtle difference, for me...Lol, I'm not as sensitive as some folk...I was more than happy with my beta in the wand. It does look way better though ..but my beta had also had a hammering , proper tested lol
Seems to be keeping it's appearance so far..
I won't be swapping out for the old one...

Loving my green indicator 😍

The click discs .. these are what I wanted.
Mine work sweet.. click on heat up perfectly in sync with my vi . Cool down click goes off when my vi returns to base.
I've tried a reheat before the cool down click, just going off the vi, works fine for me.

The upgrades are sound, you won't have to re learn owt.

Beta since Jan.
Now final version.
Never any regrets

Extra touch of labeled, individual packs for o rings, screens etc . Nice touch 😍 I'm forever wondering what goes with what in my spares box.

Premium product, feels premium.

Customer service throughout, excellent.

Brenyo, imo, from what I've seen, treats every customer to the highest standards. Regardless of how much you spend, how long you've been a customer.. Utmost respect 🔥

sporty90

@Brenyo: 290 degrees= 3 mark now.
Can you tell me at which temperature I should hit the second mark ?

Maybe I've fixed it 😉

I just noticed that my visual displays jump as soon as the click occurs

but, all good, I can use mine like this and install the new spring as soon as my second Tempest arrives.

Last edited:

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Can you tell me at which temperature I should hit the second mark ?
They’re all a bit different, just like the clicks. You can adjust it as you like.
Normally zirc 290 should be between 2nd and 3rd line.

I just noticed that my visual displays jump as soon as the click occurs
That’s normal as the click disc jumps it can hit it

hazyy1

Unfortunately I managed to oversell the black Tempests too :(

Any orders on the UK site that have not yet been shipped with a black primary color Tempest WOOD can change to a green, purple, or blue (or any combination of these) full Ti model at no extra cost OR get a free Reload.

Any orders with a black primary Tempest can be exchanged for a green, purple, or blue (or any combination of these) model and receive a free wood sleeve OR Reload.

Please send a PM or email
Practicing patience and now sadness... Though I'm sure once I have it in my hands and the color won't matter as much.

dman150

First time user. Is there a reason I got a cooldown click, about 5 mins after I put this on the reload, but no heatup click?

Using a cyclone triple torch. I know it was up to temp, it chucked out some sweet dense clouds 🤤

Last edited:
dman150,

Vapor Mainline

Vapor (Ent)husiast
First time user. Is there a reason I got a cooldown click, about 5 mins after I put this on the reload, but no heatup click?

Using a cyclone triple torch. I know it was up to temp, it chucked out some sweet dense clouds 🤤
From what I’ve read the second cooldown click can occur a while after the first, they most likely both click together at the same time when at temp and the sounds overlap

Postlark

Have been using the tempest for a few days and it finally clicked for me. At first I wasn't really getting it, the bowl was too small, the hits inconsistent. Now I am enjoying taking 2-3 fresh bowls, it is a different dynamic than using the venty for example, as instead of cooking a larger bowl one can take smaller loads that are always fresh. The functionality of the tempest+reload makes this quick and effortless.

I am using the Boro balls (the only I haven't tried yet is the sic) with direct tube, mouthpiece helix, cap airflow open, stem air entry closed. The click works on the first heat up, for the second heat up it is best to rely on the visual indicator to hit 1.5-2 depending on balls and airflow.

The flavor is amazing but not so easy to dial in the temperature perfectly every time. Unlike what one might expect in having two different indicators for temperature, there is still a bit of technique involved. Since it is using the power of balls but in such a short form factor there is very little condensation and flavor shines.

What surprised me the most was the performance with traditional hash. In terms of flavor of initial hits, it beats my top ones which were the SSV, vapman, and solo 3.

Still waiting on the wand, I don't normally enjoy butane vapes, but so far so good.

Choker

I am finding it very easy to use.
I have wand set to auto, I use adaptor and place tempest in. I hear one click, I can remove it then, second click will happen just after I remove it. this is a lighter hit.

Other way I hit it is to leave it in wand until second click and remove. This is a darker roast heavier hit.

Both methods are working for me very well.

budweis

Comfortably Numb
Love it so far! If you go easy from start there is really no room for error.

Half bowl, closed stem, cap open just tiny bit and 280°C Wand time out. One dense tasty DTL hit followed by a clean up hit.
The endless possibilities how to use this beauty will entertain me during long autumn nights, that's for sure!

gcVmOCo.jpg

dman150

From what I’ve read the second cooldown click can occur a while after the first, they most likely both click together at the same time when at temp and the sounds overlap
No, I had no heatup clicks at all. VI was all the way to the top, and felt like I was pretty close to combustion.

I had a massive cooldown click. I nearly jumped out of my seat from the other side of the room.

DaBouse

Anyone here happen to have a vaphit case? Wondering if it will fit a tempest wand reload and a set of batteries.

DaBouse,

TedJones

Anyone here happen to have a vaphit case? Wondering if it will fit a tempest wand reload and a set of batteries.
Have the case but not the wand. Thinking it would be too tight with an extra set of batteries. HERE’S the vape, reload, and just 2 batteries ;)

TedJones,
Top Bottom