The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

spike71

Anyone here happen to have a vaphit case? Wondering if it will fit a tempest wand reload and a set of batteries.
Tried it out, tight fit with and without a pair of extra 18650s. I'm drowning in cases of that size as I get one with every vape from lacentralevapeur.com, haha.
Edit: Ahh, first attempt with imgur worked. Hope that helps and sorry for the not so tidy desk :-)

GnarlyVandal

I’ve been using this ugreen case I bought from Amazon if anyone else is wanting something similar.
There’s enough space for my firewood 7 and vong (inside its case), alongside the tempest, wand, reload and 4 spare batteries in their case.
I have thought about getting a small grinder to put in with some extra material instead of the FW7 and vong, as I’ve only used them a few times each since getting the tempest. I’ll give it a few months before I really decide if this is just a honeymoon period and buying another grinder though! My wallet’s hurting 😂

I also use the Ugreen cases for a few different vapes, they provide a strong shell but I always felt they would benefit from some internal padding.
I purchased some pluck foam for 1 which keeps the bakX snug, the other has a folded up cloth and a velcro strap to secure the TM2.

I was looking at pencil cases, they seem about the right size for a Tempest and wand.

That Ozchin bag from a few pages back looks an absolute steal for £9.99, so it's in the cart.

GnarlyVandal

I also use the Ugreen cases for a few different vapes, they provide a strong shell but I always felt they would benefit from some internal padding.
I purchased some pluck foam for 1 which keeps the bakX snug, the other has a folded up cloth and a velcro strap to secure the TM2.

I was looking at pencil cases, they seem about the right size for a Tempest and wand.

That Ozchin bag from a few pages back looks an absolute steal for £9.99, so it's in the cart.
That’s a great idea with the foam packing!

Yeah I’ve bought a few cases for mine already trying to work out the best way to carry it about without having loose bits.

Kind of resigned to not getting the wand, tempest and reload trio, inside a case, into any of my usual clothes pockets

Fogoff

What’s the method for removing the heat shield from the radiator? I attempted to push it from the mouthpiece end, but it’s not budging.

Fogoff,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What’s the method for removing the heat shield from the radiator? I attempted to push it from the mouthpiece end, but it’s not budging.
You're doing the right thing. It'll help a lot if you've done an ISO soak so that there is no sticky holding them together. The radiator sticks out about a millimeter from the heat shield on the finger hole side which is the mouthpiece side. Press that in to break the seal. Then, while holding the stem by the heat shield, put your fingers on each of the finger indents and push the radiator away from the mouthpiece side. It should move more readily for you now. The key is to get it started by pushing that millimeter of radiator in.

Added: It really shouldn't matter if you've done an ISO soak because you shouldn't be getting Sticky between the radiator and the heat shield, but the heating and cooling together of the Ti may contribute to making them harder to separate.

Added2: Just in case it isn't obvious the head has to be taken off the stem before one tries to separate the radiator from the heat shield...

Last edited:

hazyy1

So I got my upgrade kit. Thanks brenyo for all the goodies. Question though, can you all see the click disk from the VI slot, like where it moves. On one side I cant see it and on the other side it hangs down a little.
Loving that purple more and more.. Plus the matching indicator is badass!

Love this crossover with the OG Sticky Brick

That purple is sexy! Cousin of mine has a few sticky bricks. Will have to try the mashup!

babylungs_ent

Oh man I love this thing! Mine arrived today a few hours ago. It looked a little tricky at first but the videos on the website made everything super easy. It’s just what I was looking for. I’m stoked. I have a feeling this is gonna do more than just replace my 2 dv travel kit. I bet I will use this over the desktop sometimes.

BearFuur

Hey there all!
I received my Tempest earlier today (P721x) and I truly can't say how thankful, grateful, and excited I am to start using it. This thing looks and feels beyond a top notch, and amazing quality product..
The unboxing was a great experience. I truly can't believe that I have this thing in my hands right now. Its my bday on the 12th and it feels like a fever dream having this get here before then. I've been staring at it here and there until I'm able to use it here in a few minutes.

The one thing I'm not the happiest about and had a question for you guys that got the ebony stem. Did anybodys ebony stem come crack out of the box? It's not an ideal situation. I'm am SO happy I got the rosewood sleeve as that staved away some sadness about pulling the tempest out and seeing that it was cracked right out of the leather case :( Is it normal for the factory seconds to look better/flawless compared to the final launch stem? I would assume not and that this is more then likely due to shipping. Shit happens when you ship it across the world

I'm not too sure if I should contact Brenyo about this matter? I'm sure that it happened in transit from the UK to California. I'm at a crossroads and some help in the right direction would be deeply appreciated.

This thing is so damn nice. I CANT stop staring at it. Time to use the damn thing!!

sporty90

@Brenyo: I have read the email, thanks for the new spring.

But if you need it for something else, that's okay, I ordered a new one from France.

PS: The Tempest is awesome, my first butane vape and absolutely easy to use, even as a newbie.

I thought vapes in general suck since my first ( and so far only vape ) was a Davinci IQ, but the Tempest is a completely different league

I was also able to try out the Mighty (from a friend), but that wasn't for me either.

lluther

did anyone figure out a way to quickly change between half and full bowl? looking at the little ball screen I wish the bowl had a thread too. tempest V2 😄
I ordered a second bowl, to use as a dedicated half bowl. Not the cheapest route, but hassle free.

Thanks man, it seems to be working fine now. Just a bit past the second mark, 280°C Wand time out.
------

Really happy to have my hands on the legendary monster. It was a tough lesson of zen as the courier missed me by one day before my departure for vacation. I had to wait whole week knowing the package was ready to collect but here we are.

First impression – materials and quality of manufacturing, wow. Everything fits smoothly and feels great in hand. The wooden stem has beautiful grain and changes hue in different light conditions. I'm a sucker for wooden vapes but the titanium heat shield looks rad as well. Can't wait to chug some clouds!

umODxe6.jpg
Loving this colour combo

RedZep

Oh man I love this thing! Mine arrived today a few hours ago. It looked a little tricky at first but the videos on the website made everything super easy. It’s just what I was looking for. I’m stoked. I have a feeling this is gonna do more than just replace my 2 dv travel kit. I bet I will use this over the desktop sometimes.
I use mine in the house all the time. I have a ZX desktop.

RedZep,

Mr Turnip

Really looking forward to mine arriving.

I completely overlooked this as i didn't realise exactly what it was. Then I started to read the thread and wow....

So I bought a fusion 2.0 the other week and after a few uses I really started to see the tempest love. So really couldn't hold off on this. Especially after reading this thread. And seeing just how much everyone loves it.

eyevape

👀
After a little more than a week with the Tempest I can surely confirm that I’m very happy with it. First part of the week I was torching, then the Wand arrived and I never went back. Thanks @HashOnMyMind for insisting in getting one. You’re just right on that.

It’s possible to torch the Tempest to a perfect one heat extraction, but since you have to constantly rotate the device it’s not that easy. It’s also not the most social thing to do, as you need to concentrate on your heating. Using the Tempest with the Wand is just effortless and the roast is always perfect. You only have to compensate low battery and colder environment, done. I’ll use the Tempest with the Wand exclusively, while keep on torching the crap out of my Anvil.

There’s been said enough about the Tempest itself, I have nothing helpful to add. Not even about how much I love the VI 😁 But I want to appreciate Brenyo’s effort in the whole product. This is not only what you’re holding in your hands plus the nice packaging, which alone is impressive. No, it’s the whole ecosystem around it. Just to name a few points:

Every step for perfect results 1st try is very well documented on the website, as well as freaking anything else from assembling to cleaning. There are descriptive photos and videos, all helpful, all shot in the same manner. The unit itself and every part is also shot same style, everything matches. That’s nowhere near self-evident, companies often fail on that.

And while exploding international preorders produce a shit ton of work, the man behind the show is available nearly realtime. I posted a Tempest question publicly and he was the 1st one to help - within minutes, while answering other people’s questions and providing shipping updates constantly. That’s more than impressive, and again nowhere near self-evident. He’s a true machine and a big asset to the vape community. Thank you @Brenyo for making this possible. Get a big rest when the rush is over.

By the way, wedging the Tempest Sleeve under the Wand makes the device stand upright.

Last edited:

Mr Turnip

I've not got a wand it's never interested me I like a torch. I use a big buddy with the TA3 and triple flame for the Dani 2.0 and a vapman for that and the lotus....

But it seems I'm going have to get one as everyone seems to love the wand with the tempest...I bet aspire have done well from the tempest...

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: eyevape

eyevape

👀
I've not got a wand it's never interested me I like a torch. I use a big buddy with the TA3 and triple flame for the Dani 2.0 and a vapman for that and the lotus....

But it seems I'm going have to get one as everyone seems to love the wand with the tempest...I bet aspire have done well from the tempest...
I strongly advise you to do so in order to get the most out of your Tempest. Also a strong flame can fuck up the induction sleeve, as it’s pretty thin and can easily glow red. Mine’s already grey and dull, I have new sleeves ordered.

Top Bottom