The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Choker

The versatility is what I love also. Ti/wood stem/wpa torch/wand indoors/outdoors dtl/cigar puffs flower/hash. I change the configuration and the settings almost on a daily basis.
Yes that’s me.
I woke today and hit it in a totally different way than last night.
I switched to the T stem and it is cooler than I thought it would get, stays cooler than my VONGI. Opening the tip gives me a nice helix type experience.

RedZep

Yes that’s me.
I woke today and hit it in a totally different way than last night.
I switched to the T stem and it is cooler than I thought it would get, stays cooler than my VONGI. Opening the tip gives me a nice helix type experience.
Just today I've had it half bowl, WPA on a small bubbler. Then switched to Ti, full bowl Direct flow tube, stem closed off, doing small cigarette puffs. Then last few hours I've had it with the Helix tube, DTL hits with ebony wood stem :D

Not to mention all the weird frankenvape set ups I've made with thr Nova, which absolutely slap by the way.

EDIT and it's not novelty either. I've been switching it up constantly for going on 10 months.

Grover

Retailer
For the Canadian ents: we have fulfilled our pre-order inventory and have a limited supply of Tempest units available and a decent supply of Reloads, Mini-pots, wood sleeves and accessories. Shipping from Canada. Please check the website for deets.

RedZep

did anyone figure out a way to quickly change between half and full bowl? looking at the little ball screen I wish the bowl had a thread too. tempest V2 😄
I unscrew the debowler tool from the Reload. The underside is great for pressing against the screen to lower it evenly. When I want to go from lowest position, I use the other end of the tool and poke up one side of the screen before pushing out.

leanpubpackage

Tempest, with wand and reload is an excellent set up.

However, in my experience, it works best in the half bowl settiNg, which could warrant back to back bowls. It’s fine if having a solo sesh but is not ideal for sharing, as the second heat up requires a bit of guesswork. The VI will not take into consideration the heat soak from the first heat up and so you’ll need to heat to a lower mark.

I’ve given friends a heat up that was close to combustion and it turned them off.

Hits hard AF, but truly one reserved for enthusiasts

Marok

I tried this but it's not really my definition of quickly:) Especially full -> half

I came up with this: Sandwich the screen between mouthpiece and tube. Then you can slide the screen up and down without it tipping over (which means you would have to take it out completely). This works fairly well and you don't need any tools since everything is already in the tempest.

Feyd2blak

Some impressions on the full release tempest.

Nice packaging, love the "Inspired by Phatpiggies TA" on the back, nice touch.

Lost the Mad Heaters branding/engraving on the top of the indicator housing, which is a shame, looked very cool and was another example of the classy and painstaking design.

Leather sleeve looks better than I thought from pictures, the digger/screwdriver works well and seems secure enough in the sleeve as well, so far.

Performance, smacks, same as the beta! As others have said I've had the beta for 10 months and no sign of the honeymoon ending, very few other vapes get touched now.

Funnel, really helps, loading the reload with fingers is it's one weak point.

The new induction layer for the cap goes gold in the wand! Not used with a torch at all so far and don't think I will, both the beta upgrade and full release are getting this lovely golden hue, looks amazing with the black especially.

The new induction layer, the airholes seem smaller than the beta, but no real change in performance.

Tried the 2.5mm sic balls and the 3mm zirc, the 3mm seemed to give a much smoother experience than the 2.5 zirc, the sic were good as well definitively changes the profile, lots of further experimenting to do!

After salivating about getting the black Ti to go with the rosewood stem, I'm preferring the silver Ti and ebony stem lol but form factor is off the charts, love how these look in any configuration, one of those things that just brings pleasure to look at never mind use.

MislavKO

Are any of you guys that recived your release unit using a torch?
All I'm seeing is thoughts on using the wand...
I skipped the wand for my induction heater and i bought the yll induction heater witch does not work with the tempest. Hope it will work well with a tripe torch when it arrives

RedZep

Tempest, with wand and reload is an excellent set up.

However, in my experience, it works best in the half bowl settiNg, which could warrant back to back bowls. It’s fine if having a solo sesh but is not ideal for sharing, as the second heat up requires a bit of guesswork. The VI will not take into consideration the heat soak from the first heat up and so you’ll need to heat to a lower mark.

I’ve given friends a heat up that was close to combustion and it turned them off.

Hits hard AF, but truly one reserved for enthusiasts
I have it half bowl when it's on a bubbler. Full bowl on stem. I get perfect even dark roasts with full bowl, so I disagree with the statement.

With regards to second heat ups, you can either learn the optimum pre heated VI position (for me it's middle notch) or you can heat it for 10 seconds before drawing to gauge vapour thickness. This is actually a fool proof method and I've never combusted. It's also the method I use with long hash sessions.

Many times I've done a second heat up using one of the above methods, then passed it to someone.

Minsc_NBoo

I skipped the wand for my induction heater and i bought the yll induction heater witch does not work with the tempest. Hope it will work well with a tripe torch when it arrives

I started with the wand which does work very well.

The last couple of days I have been using a cyclone style triple flame, and I think I prefer it!

There is something nice about watching the VI move. I'm definitely still going to use the wand when I'm feeling lazy, or playing computer games 🤓

TedJones

My Ronx mini triple flame is fine for it although the lighter body itself gets hot in the hand at the end. Hopefully yours is a little more beefy.

HaggisHunter

The VI will not take into consideration the heat soak from the first heat up and so you’ll need to heat to a lower mark.
It says in the manual to stop heating one mark earlier so it is explained.

The 2 I have, both with updated parts, on reheats there are slight differences in when I remove them from the heat, one is just as the indicator has touched the third mark, the other is when the indicator is exactly on the middle of the second mark.
No issues here, guaranteed satisfying rips every time.

If I've passed mine around there hasn't been any issues like that, I do advise folk not to inhale too strongly though, it needs time to build, if it's just been reheated and someone starts pulling on it like a monster then it will probably end in combustion.
Let them know to take longer, slower draws and that should hopefully help them out.

In my experience, it's actually pretty easy to use so I'd disagree with it being for enthusiasts only.
It's a mechanical device, so it takes a bit of dialling in, but that's common with most vapes.
I've used single and double torches, they're really good, I just prefer the convenience of the wand.
With both single and doubles, I had the flames set so they were about 1.5 inches long, I'd hold it so the outer flame was just touching the induction layer and was aiming at the top line and rotate slow and smoothly (be careful not to heat the coil directly).

To start with I removed the torch when the indicator hit the second mark, then after seeing how that roast was, I held it for a second or so after, I was getting good results, maybe slightly better than the wand, but the wand is too convenient for me to pass up.
Also, note that the VI will continue to move up after you've removed the heat, that's why you want to remove it early.

dudeguy

So after finally being able to test the Tempest the last few days :science: I am really impressed. I did not expect to get satisfying results from the first bowl but it actually worked out surprisingly well. Only the first bowl had some green in it but after pushing down the adapter slightly and increasing temp to 300c I was able to get nice dark ABV with just one heat up all the following bowls. Once I tried to do another heat up to see if there is anything left in the herb but got barely any vapor and almost combusted. Pretty insane how one heat up is all you need to clear a bowl, not to mention the fine taste and ultra smooth vapor. So yeah nothing but praise from me, fantastic little device :D

n3hemiah

Finally got it in hand and tested it last night. My long vigil is finally done. I still need practice but I can already say it's the deepest flavor I've ever gotten from a vape. So potent, and yet strangely easy on my chest and lungs.

@Brenyo - congratulations on a successful product and launch. I truly respect your craftsmanship and your attitude towards the community. I have MH stickers on both my dab tool case and my art cabinet (a rare honor). I rep you to all my weed friends, one of whom now regularly uses a Revolve. Sending gratitude, and may you achieve all success with the Tempest and beyond 🍻

Brenyo

Manufacturer
The Tempest kits will sell out soon

There's only some green and purple left, which are the only colors with matching colored indicators. I you want one in the near future I would recommend ordering soon, estimated shipping around the end of the month. A few more kits will be available later, after all orders are shipped, along with a few factory seconds.

There are plenty of the heads left for now.

Choker

Out of all my vapes this has been the easiest to pick up and get going with great results. The wand and adaptor are fool proof and deliver consistent results.
I really loved my Dyna collection but they all are a little obsolete after this landed.

Thanks @Brenyo super device that I didn’t even know I was missing until now.
Just a great package finished off brilliantly.

Minsc_NBoo

I've got the black /ebony model. Does anyone know if using the wand will make the black finish on the cap fade?

I think I remember seeing one of the beta purple models fade slightly after using the wand a lot.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I've got the black /ebony model. Does anyone know if using the wand will make the black finish on the cap fade?

I think I remember seeing one of the beta purple models fade slightly after using the wand a lot.
Can't say how their coating will last but using a heater never fades my color DV caps, and the black caps seem to be the color least damaged by torch flame.

n3hemiah

IIRC someone replied saying that their black Tempest head also discolored somewhat.

Black is DLC which is incredibly hard and durable, so it's probably not "fading", I'd think it's more likely to be some type of residue.

BearFuur

I was curious if anybody is using their wand in flower mode with the Tempest? Curious if I should swap it back to oil mode before my package lands. Any input using the tempest with the wand in flower mode would be greatly appreciated.

BearFuur,
Top Bottom