The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Mr Turnip

I can't not get one if I don't it will annoy me that I'm not getting the most out of it.

I personally can't see how it differs from a flame maybe the slower all round soak makes it better.

But I always listen to people who have better knowledge them me so it's gonna be ordered at the end of the week.

Cheers

Mr Turnip,
Reactions: eyevape

eyevape

👀
@PossumMD Just a matter of taste. My Anvil has darken a lot over the years but it’s still shiny. I like the appearance and want my Tempest to age like that as well. But sure, there’s nothing wrong with grey and dull as long it doesn’t bother you.

Last edited:

eyevape

👀
Boro balls game changer for me. Day 2 of boro balls coincidentally two days without turning on desktop ball vape. Can’t get full shovel head forget-my-name one extraction rip, but medicinally speaking I prefer the tempest. Seems to do more for me in that regard
Do you hit it natively or through a water piece? I have the Boro laying around, but they scare me a bit.

eyevape,

Fogoff

You're doing the right thing. It'll help a lot if you've done an ISO soak so that there is no sticky holding them together. The radiator sticks out about a millimeter from the heat shield on the finger hole side which is the mouthpiece side. Press that in to break the seal. Then, while holding the stem by the heat shield, put your fingers on each of the finger indents and push the radiator away from the mouthpiece side. It should move more readily for you now. The key is to get it started by pushing that millimeter of radiator in.

Added: It really shouldn't matter if you've done an ISO soak because you shouldn't be getting Sticky between the radiator and the heat shield, but the heating and cooling together of the Ti may contribute to making them harder to separate.

Added2: Just in case it isn't obvious the head has to be taken off the stem before one tries to separate the radiator from the heat shield...
Thanks for the detailed response. Your method worked perfectly—well done!

TedJones

I've had the best luck with this eagle single flame torch. The flames a good bit bigger than what you need for dynavaps.
How comfortable is it with the trigger depressed? And can you lock that while in use? May look into since I have my flame(s) vertical.
I’m working on a Flare-compatible induction sleeve that will be slightly thicker and non-magnetic.
Is this still on the radar? Would have a few items to use it with if so :brow:

TedJones,
Reactions: Wylie

kegstandman420

How comfortable is it with the trigger depressed? And can you lock that while in use? May look into since I have my flame(s) vertical. Quote]

It's definitely comfortable and it does have a flame/trigger lock that can be locked with the flame ON. Decent sized tank and the picture doesn't do justice but the flame is twice as long as the smaller single flame eagles

AndyO

It finally arrived in Australia!

To be brutally honest, my first impression isn't great - my order notes requesting it be sent in pieces (for customs reasons) and that they keep their leather sheath were ignored.

Not sending it in pieces obviously didn't really matter, it made it through. But I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this piece of animal hide that a cow was needlessly tortured for, because it's not even going to be used. In my opinion that's pretty insensitive, it was an entirely reasonable request, made very politely.

I've cleaned it, it's currently drying - so hopefully my impressions after use are much, much more positive.

AndyO

Sell it then. That’ll cover the shipping cost. You & someone else happy. Win, win.

Who is going to want a leather vape case? I don't even know that it would be worth listing anywhere would it?

I'm happy to give it away for the cost of shipping if anyone here wants it? (Preference will go to other Australians cos I'm lazy.)

Choker

Who is going to want a leather vape case? I don't even know that it would be worth listing anywhere would it?

I'm happy to give it away for the cost of shipping if anyone here wants it? (Preference will go to other Australians cos I'm lazy.)
I’d love it if I’m lucky enough. Brisbane here

Mndeadhead

I swear I’ve tried searching this…it’s been asked before but I can’t find the answer…inductor users…what setting y’all using. Mine isn’t in hand yet, but I’d like to see if it works before asking my buddy if I can have my wand back…

Mndeadhead,
Reactions: raisin

AndyO

Unfortunately my 2nd impression isn't amazing either! I'm only getting one click on the heat up, and I'm not getting a cool down click.

I'm not having my best day 1 with this device :(

H1pp1e cu5sher

I strongly advise you to do so in order to get the most out of your Tempest. Also a strong flame can fuck up the induction sleeve, as it’s pretty thin and can easily glow red. Mine’s already grey and dull, I have new sleeves ordered.
itll buff out

It finally arrived in Australia!

To be brutally honest, my first impression isn't great - my order notes requesting it be sent in pieces (for customs reasons) and that they keep their leather sheath were ignored.

Not sending it in pieces obviously didn't really matter, it made it through. But I don't know what I'm supposed to do with this piece of animal hide that a cow was needlessly tortured for, because it's not even going to be used. In my opinion that's pretty insensitive, it was an entirely reasonable request, made very politely.

I've cleaned it, it's currently drying - so hopefully my impressions after use are much, much more positive.
i think they just kill it. torturing it first would be extra af lol

AndyO

My device clicked once on its first use... it never clicked again. No 2nd click. No cool down.

I followed the advice from this thread and the instructions from their website to take the head apart... and I've not been able to get it back together, because I think the spring was faulty from the start, which I think was causing the click issue.

I know the service is fine, I've sent Brenyo a message and he'll probably send me a replacement spring.

But I'm devastated man. I've waited so long for it... only for it to arrive, it doesn't work properly, and after taking the advice on how to fix it I've broken it more. I got one mediocre bowl out of it :(

.d

My device clicked once on its first use... it never clicked again. No 2nd click. No cool down.

I followed the advice from this thread and the instructions from their website to take the head apart... and I've not been able to get it back together, because I think the spring was faulty from the start, which I think was causing the click issue.

I know the service is fine, I've sent Brenyo a message and he'll probably send me a replacement spring.

But I'm devastated man. I've waited so long for it... only for it to arrive, it doesn't work properly, and after taking the advice on how to fix it I've broken it more. I got one mediocre bowl out of it :(
The click isn’t necessary as far as I know, VI didn’t work also? Maybe try on timer while you waitfor response? hope you put it back together successfully by now. Maybe send pictures to diagnose?

.d,
Reactions: boon

AndyO

The click isn’t necessary as far as I know, VI didn’t work also? Maybe try on timer while you waitfor response? hope you put it back together successfully by now. Maybe send pictures to diagnose?

Nah, she's cactus, I completely mangled the spring trying to get it back in. I've already sent Brenyo a message, he seemed a little surprised by just how badly buggered it was!

Now I wait for replacement parts...

The positive I guess is that get to "just" be disappointed. Even before messaging Brenyo I had confidence in MH as a company to help me fix the problem, so I never had to worry about being angry. (Yet!)

.d

Nah, she's cactus, I completely mangled the spring trying to get it back in. I've already sent Brenyo a message, he seemed a little surprised by just how badly buggered it was!

Now I wait for replacement parts...

The positive I guess is that get to "just" be disappointed. Even before messaging Brenyo I had confidence in MH as a company to help me fix the problem, so I never had to worry about being angry. (Yet!)
Makes me a bit worried to be honest, maybe I should preorder some replacement parts inbefore, hmmmm

.d,
Top Bottom