The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HashOnMyMind

The Magical Tempest Canon:

So my Tempest arrived a couple of days ago, and I immediately threw it on my MVS that I had lying around and started testing.

At first, I got decent hits and was surprised that the titanium MVS stem didn’t get too hot for me (at least not while doing single half-bowls and waiting 5 minutes in between bowls).
I tried closing the airflow holes on the Tempest, but I didn’t like that very much for my style.
However, once I opened them, I started getting huge, tasty clouds.

Today, I felt the stem restricted my airflow too much, so I switched the cooling spiral to one with fewer spirals, making the MVS a LOT more free-flowing.

HOLY WHAT IS THIS. GIGANTIC clouds—I have only seen and tasted clouds like this from desktop ball vapes.
One drag and my whole room is filled with clouds, and the sun coming in from the window starts to cast rays through all the fog…

Absolutely crazy device, I’m kinda lost for words. So tiny and light enough i can still hang it from my lip... (strong lip but still ;))
This is endgame and the new benchmark for portable DHVs for me.
And im not just talking about power but the whole experience with Wand and Reload its not just better and less cumbersome its so damn optimized its fun. Its effortless.
I can even recommend that setup to patients that usually used a mighty for easy of use.
I will be selling my TM, and if I lost the Tempest (or Wand for that matter) today, I’d get another tomorrow.

My hat’s off to @Brenyo. I can feel that you also made this device and ecosystem for yourself to enjoy. So smart.
Nothing comes close to this user experience, especially if you want to be mobile.
I’m looking forward to shocking the absolute hell out of my friends when they try this beast!

Here is my (personal, felt cute might delete later) setup:

• I didn’t even fill the half-bowl completely with very potent Frozen Lemon Mints sativa and didn’t tamp it at all. So, loosy-goosy.
• EU Wand Shatter setting (Mollicell P28A new) at 270C—280-290 when half battery to timeout. It’s pretty fast, not much slower than Dynavap, maybe 30-35ish seconds.
• Adapter pushed out just a hair, like 2mm, not too much, as for me, then it gets way too roasty, and I’m coming from torch/Dynavap. Depth changes the experience A LOT, so play around with this.
• Tempest airholes fully open.
• Stem (MVS for me) closed or almost, but this is personal taste, as it doesn’t do thaaat much, but still changes the experience.
• Blast off however you want and prepare to chuck clouds like your neighbors are about to call the cops…

I don’t even own a reload yet, but it’s already on order! I’m sure it will make this even more insane.

Hope you all have a fantastic day—I know I will! :peace::leaf:

P.S. My Tempest has zero engraving at the top, is that normal? :hmm:

Last edited:

beefsupreme

I tried to search but couldn't immediately find the answer - does the original iSpire wand adapter work with the Tempest? I can't tell from the site pictures if the one MH is selling is the same or not.

beefsupreme,

xnanaki

I tried to search but couldn't immediately find the answer - does the original iSpire wand adapter work with the Tempest? I can't tell from the site pictures if the one MH is selling is the same or not.
I broke my mad heaters adapter when I first got it (to impatient I guess) .
So i figured I could use the knockoff dynavap one (from Katalyser) I had lying around. (not sure if the dimensions are the same as the dynavap one)
But this one made my wand give an overheating error.
So I wouldn't risk it personally.

xnanaki,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
The first wand adapter I had was for Vapcaps, and it was too small for the head of the Tempest.

Mine was made by SKCreations

Last edited:
cybrguy,

Feyd2blak

The Magical Tempest Canon:

So my Tempest arrived a couple of days ago, and I immediately threw it on my MVS that I had lying around and started testing.

At first, I got decent hits and was surprised that the titanium MVS stem didn’t get too hot for me (at least not while doing single half-bowls and waiting 5 minutes in between bowls).
I tried closing the airflow holes on the Tempest, but I didn’t like that very much for my style.
However, once I opened them, I started getting huge, tasty clouds.

Today, I felt the stem restricted my airflow too much, so I switched the cooling spiral to one with fewer spirals, making the MVS a LOT more free-flowing.

HOLY WHAT IS THIS. GIGANTIC clouds—I have only seen and tasted clouds like this from desktop ball vapes.
One drag and my whole room is filled with clouds, and the sun coming in from the window starts to cast rays through all the fog…

Absolutely crazy device, I’m kinda lost for words. So tiny and light enough i can still hang it from my lip... (strong lip but still ;))
This is endgame and the new benchmark for portable DHVs for me.
And im not just talking about power but the whole experience with Wand and Reload its not just better and less cumbersome its so damn optimized its fun. Its effortless.
I can even recommend that setup to patients that usually used a mighty for easy of use.
I will be selling my TM, and if I lost the Tempest (or Wand for that matter) today, I’d get another tomorrow.

My hat’s off to @Brenyo. I can feel that you also made this device and ecosystem for yourself to enjoy. So smart.
Nothing comes close to this user experience, especially if you want to be mobile.
I’m looking forward to shocking the absolute hell out of my friends when they try this beast!

Here is my (personal, felt cute might delete later) setup:

• I didn’t even fill the half-bowl completely with very potent Frozen Lemon Mints sativa and didn’t tamp it at all. So, loosy-goosy.
• EU Wand Shatter setting (Mollicell P28A new) at 270C—280-290 when half battery to timeout. It’s pretty fast, not much slower than Dynavap, maybe 30-35ish seconds.
• Adapter pushed out just a hair, like 2mm, not too much, as for me, then it gets way too roasty, and I’m coming from torch/Dynavap. Depth changes the experience A LOT, so play around with this.
• Tempest airholes fully open.
• Stem (MVS for me) closed or almost, but this is personal taste, as it doesn’t do thaaat much, but still changes the experience.
• Blast off however you want and prepare to chuck clouds like your neighbors are about to call the cops…

I don’t even own a reload yet, but it’s already on order! I’m sure it will make this even more insane.

Hope you all have a fantastic day—I know I will! :peace::leaf:

P.S. My Tempest has zero engraving at the top, is that normal? :hmm:
Nope, the full release seems to have lost the branding on the top on the cap, sadly, looks so cool on the beta unit, but my beta upgrade kit has no engraving either.
Great review!

karuzo

Hey guys, unfortunately I lost a few balls. Now I have the feeling that the clouds are much smaller. I would estimate that I am missing about 7-8 balls that fly around here somewhere in the apartment :lol: can that already have such an effect?

karuzo,

Choker

I have a few vapes. vapexhale, mighty, arizer, screwball, dynas - low temp cap, helix, armoured cap, fmj’s, Vongi.

tempest just landed and I took my first taste.
So very nice. really nice product.
I got black, both wood stems and they all look fantastic. I’m ripped after one long bowl.. three good clouds and a couple of small ones on one pack

stacks up against all the above vapes and beats all my Dynas.
I can fit Tempest in my Futo Galaxy XL if I remove the cap and store it in the herb section, fits nice.

Thanks Brenyo for this. Thanks man!

Last edited:

Berro

I got my tempest yesterday but only had time to try one bowl. I set my wand to 260C and ran it from cold. Got a pretty decent but kinda uneven roast.

What are your favorite wand/tempest setup's?

Berro,
Reactions: btka

Choker

I followed Tabletop video - I hadn’t read the manual… one of THOSE guys, I actually was just too keen and it arrived early.
I just copied exactly what he did in this video and it went ok.

Choker,

HaggisHunter

Leave the airflow in the head open a crack, airflow in the stem open a crack or closed.
Set wand to 300°c or Fahrenheit equivalent, run it on auto until the time out message and hit it.

As the batteries deplete, up the temp by 5-10° at a time, I generally don't go higher than 330c, unless I'm outside, where you should up the temp by around 10-20° but you'll need to figure out your own sweet spots.
My advice is err on the side of cation, to reduce any chance of combustion.
If you take the time to really get to know this device and how to run it, you will absolutely love it and the results will be superb.

I followed Tabletop video - I hadn’t read the manual… one of THOSE guys, I actually was just too keen and it arrived early.
I just copied exactly what he did in this video and it went ok.
I watched this yesterday, more I think about it the more I dislike the video, his method of heating is just a waste of energy, why put the energy in when your going to let it sit and waste away, then start again...

It wasn't designed to be heated like that and seems counter productive to me.

Try the method above and adjust for yourself as you go.

Choker

I found the video worked ok, I was reminded of my screwball and it seems to perform better with a heat soak. I’ll try the method above.
I can already see such a range of options to heat it for different roasts.

Yea both methods are nice, video method is a darker roast and less flavour.
Both produce good amount of hits.

Your method above works great and finishes with a lighter more flavour session.

It’s really nice both ways

HaggisHunter

Yea both methods are nice, video method is a darker roast and less flavour.
Both produce good amount of hits.

Your method above works great and finishes with a lighter more flavour session.

It’s really nice both ways
I just think it adds a complication that isn't needed. But the flexibility of the device does lend itself to being used in all sorts of ways, so each to their own 🙂

If you leave the stem airflow as it is, leave the wand setting as it is, but change the head airflow on every bowl, you'll see how different the results can be, if you change your draw strength as well, that will also change how it hits.

I can get the same level of roast your aiming at, just by altering my draw strength and or the airflow on the head, it saves any extra steps.

Minsc_NBoo

I got my tempest yesterday but only had time to try one bowl. I set my wand to 260C and ran it from cold. Got a pretty decent but kinda uneven roast.

I started at 290c as per the mad heaters manual

It definitely enough to get some nice clouds. It's a good setting for mouth to lung tokes

I've been playing around with the 300-320c and it is good for a more punchy session. 320c is good for bong rips

Airflow is still in testing! I like restricted for mouth to lung. I tried fully open with the direct airflow tube yesterday, and got some nice direct to lung draws. Vapour was definitely warmer, but not bad enough to make it unpleasant

I'm quite liking a triple flame torch too. This thing is so versatile 🥰

sskeleton

Are there any recommendations for other ball types? I tried 290C with borosilicate glass and my weed combusted.

sskeleton,

HaggisHunter

Are there any recommendations for other ball types? I tried 290C with borosilicate glass and my weed combusted.
Starting temp for Boro is 250°c/470°f

I was running my Boro at 240c and was getting good results with it, that temp suited my draw strength better.

Check the tempest manual and scroll down to the table where it tells you about different temps for different ball types.

mcscruffy

Starting temp for Boro is 250°c/470°f

I was running my Boro at 240c and was getting good results with it, that temp suited my draw strength better.

Check the tempest manual and scroll down to the table where it tells you about different temps for different ball types.

I didn't realize there was a table for starting temps for the different balls, that will help when I receive the different ones from my order when I start testing out on the two Tempests. I think that all black is going to compliment the grurple anodizing of my beta really well!

Others have said it but I haven't yet, so thank you for your efforts in putting this guide together! I don't need most of it anymore but it's one of the best manuals I've seen for any product in any category. Very thorough and easy to understand.

HaggisHunter

I didn't realize there was a table for starting temps for the different balls, that will help when I receive the different ones from my order when I start testing out on the two Tempests. I think that all black is going to compliment the grurple anodizing of my beta really well!

Others have said it but I haven't yet, so thank you for your efforts in putting this guide together! I don't need most of it anymore but it's one of the best manuals I've seen for any product in any category. Very thorough and easy to understand.
He really has done a great job of getting all the info in there, but also keeping it straightforward.

Yeah it's really handy, but it is a rough guide to start you off.
As an example, with the stainless 2.5mm balls, it says to start at 320c, I was trying the stainless for the first time at the weekend, I crept up in 10°c increments, I ended up going as high as 370°c before I found the happy spot of 360°c.

Since I got my release model, I've kept the zirc balls in that and the pre-release is my test mule, it's been interesting comparing them.

666Honeybadger

Unknown member
I know we have 'honeymoon' periods when we get new things but sincerely not had an instant crush like this.

Just a joy to use.
I was one of the beta owners that had nothing but positives to share.
Think it's very cool to see the new owners' enthusiasm and excitement!!

9 months in and i still love it as much as day one, actually even more if that's possible...
So trust me on this: this is not a honeymoon!
This is True Romance you are experiencing!!
And it's here to stay!
:smug:

Feyd2blak

true romance GIF by Morgan Creek

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I love my Tempest. No question about it. I am not one of those people, however, who will get rid of all my other vapes and use the Tempest exclusively. I like variety, and I have other vapes that I like to use very much like the Lotus or the TM and the enjoyment I get from the Tempest will not replace the enjoyment I get from some of these other vapes.
One of the nice things about the Tempest for me is that it can be used in very different ways. I can use it direct, of course, with a stem and hit it like a joint. Or I can throw it on a piece of glass with or without water and use it that way. I can create lung buster hits or I can do a bunch of small hits depending upon what I'm looking for at any given moment. I can chase flavor, or I can chase knock me down. It is a very versatile vape.
So to try and answer your question, is it better than my other vapes? Well, it is better than some of them certainly. But mostly it is different from the other vapes that I love. Not better or worse.
If I could only have one vape I honestly don't even know what I would choose but the Tempest has the benefit of versatility that many of my other vapes do not so it does get a leg up...

RedZep

I love my Tempest. No question about it. I am not one of those people, however, who will get rid of all my other vapes and use the Tempest exclusively. I like variety, and I have other vapes that I like to use very much like the Lotus or the TM and the enjoyment I get from the Tempest will not replace the enjoyment I get from some of these other vapes.
One of the nice things about the Tempest for me is that it can be used in very different ways. I can use it direct, of course, with a stem and hit it like a joint. Or I can throw it on a piece of glass with or without water and use it that way. I can create lung buster hits or I can do a bunch of small hits depending upon what I'm looking for at any given moment. I can chase flavor, or I can chase knock me down. It is a very versatile vape.
So to try and answer your question, is it better than my other vapes? Well, it is better than some of them certainly. But mostly it is different from the other vapes that I love. Not better or worse.
If I could only have one vape I honestly don't even know what I would choose but the Tempest has the benefit of versatility that many of my other vapes do not so it does get a leg up...
The versatility is what I love also. Ti/wood stem/wpa torch/wand indoors/outdoors dtl/cigar puffs flower/hash. I change the configuration and the settings almost on a daily basis.

Top Bottom