The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Just measured: my second cooldown click takes 17min after the first one - no magnets involved no cooling stand.
Could you please measure it again after a few weeks? The disc changes slightly with use, it might get quicker. You can break it in quicker if you overheat it slightly with an empty bowl a few times

Can this alter the VI functionning, decalibrate it or something ?
Yes it can get stuck and you’ll need yo pull up the spring

kokolokokolokon

I was wondering something. I tried the tempest with the flare and unlike the wand, you can't let the indicators potrude outside of the coil, so the VI reaches the max before the load so I have to continue heating after it reaches the max to reach high temps ( non combusting). Can this alter the VI functionning, decalibrate it or something ?
Take off the calibration module to use it with the flare. it will reach more W. You can try around 30-40 seconds and playing with the timer instead the calibration module

Stueylakes

Well what a phenomenal weapon you have given us @Brenyo. Arrived today swift clean, followed the recent common set up and 4 bowls in and sincerely battered. Epic job mate 👌. Will go deeper once I know it better but first impression is interstellar. It's the flavour that sets this one apart from my initial runs and I've had or got most of the competition. Wicked addition, now who's got to go.....#1vapein1vapeout......thanks again squire, top top job.

RedZep

Well what a phenomenal weapon you have given us @Brenyo. Arrived today swift clean, followed the recent common set up and 4 bowls in and sincerely battered. Epic job mate 👌. Will go deeper once I know it better but first impression is interstellar. It's the flavour that sets this one apart from my initial runs and I've had or got most of the competition. Wicked addition, now who's got to go.....#1vapein1vapeout......thanks again squire, top top job.
Yeah the flavour is what struck me the most first try. I was expecting it to taste like a DV or Anvil.

When you put the tip on a glass piece, you can see a delay before the vapour starts. I think the bowl ramps up through the temps as you draw, so you get terps even when going for darker roasts.

Stueylakes

Yeah the flavour is what struck me the most first try. I was expecting it to taste like a DV or Anvil.

When you put the tip on a glass piece, you can see a delay before the vapour starts. I think the bowl ramps up through the temps as you draw, so you get terps even when going for darker roasts.
Prophet is drying as I type buddy! I've got some gelato cake at the mo and for sure it's right up there taste wise with some real technical convection beasts I play with regularly.

I've also just popped the direct tube on and now with a tad more open at the head it's nailed!

I have not used a wand before either as torch only for my bits and it's just the perfect marriage imo.

Mega.

Minsc_NBoo

I have not used a wand before either as torch only for my bits and it's just the perfect marriage imo.

Mega.

Do you have any tips for using a torch? I do generally prefer a torch, but I have been using the wand while playing around with the airflow
settings

II have used a triple flame torch a couple of times and it did work well

Minsc_NBoo,
Reactions: simba

Stueylakes

Do you have any tips for using a torch? I do generally prefer a torch, but I have been using the wand while playing around with the airflow
settings

II have used a triple flame torch a couple of times and it did work well
I don't sorry! I also don't intend to either from the results I'm getting currently!

Stueylakes,

.d

What would you compare the flavour to my friend? Is it closer to a Herbalizer maybe? Or something like a Firefly? thanks!

Did the preorder yesterday, hyped watching all the videos/reviews for the tempest. Already got Revolve 1st gen so I know I can expect a top notch product :D

HaggisHunter

Full review from Lee at ttb. His method of removing from the heat and putting it back on feels more complicated than it needs to be in my opinion. But each to their own.

It's like an overly complicated Dyna ritual - just heat the sodding thing and hit it 🤣

His last video others felt he didn't seem that into it, now he's giving it a 4.9 out of 5, I'd say he likes it.

lluther

Full review from Lee at ttb. His method of removing from the heat and putting it back on feels more complicated than it needs to be in my opinion. But each to their own.

It's like an overly complicated Dyna ritual - just heat the sodding thing and hit it 🤣

His last video others felt he didn't seem that into it, now he's giving it a 4.9 out of 5, I'd say he likes it.

Agreed, I get amazing results just from letting it timeout on the wand without this additional step.

AndyO

It's kind of Lee's deal isn't it? Why stand upright and count 1 to 10 if you stand on your head and count backwards? (I say that as someone who owns 2 of his bongs!)

RedZep

What would you compare the flavour to my friend? Is it closer to a Herbalizer maybe? Or something like a Firefly? thanks!

Did the preorder yesterday, hyped watching all the videos/reviews for the tempest. Already got Revolve 1st gen so I know I can expect a top notch product :D
I've never used either of those vapes. I would place it around a sticky brick Runt from the vapes I've tried. It has that same vibe where you are extracting everything in one heat cycle, but the bowl ramps up, allowing to extract the terps before they are destroyed.

My best tasting vape I've tried is TM2, followed by ZX, Tempest, Sticky brick. But I have no idea how to order those three, and change my mind constantly.

Feyd2blak

It's a bit weird he still uses the clicks to time it, rather than the VI, Dyna blindness :lol: definitely never felt the need to heat soak at all

Vangel

Received my tempest a few days ago and absolutely loving it - finally got through all of the ball/stem choices!

Does anyone have any tips on how to install the ball retaining screen? Other than by fluke the very first time I'm finding it impossible to get back in straight, I always end up with one of the fins bent slightly/on the wrong thread. I've very carefully flattened the screens multiple times to no avail alongside multiple cleans of the head just in case there was something stuck.

I very carefully then tried a brand new screen, and exactly the same thing.

me too, I resigned myself and left it like that

Vangel,

RedZep

My bad. 😊
So it's the VHB heater?

I liked the idea to build and print my own induction heater, but was looking for instructions to build the "right" one (one that works good with the tempest).

Overall it might be easier to wait for black friday and shop a wand.
Oops. I thought you wanted the Tempest manual. I don't know anything about that induction heater sorry.

RedZep,

GnarlyVandal

Could you please measure it again after a few weeks? The disc changes slightly with use, it might get quicker. You can break it in quicker if you overheat it slightly with an empty bowl a few times

Yes it can get stuck and you’ll need yo pull up the spring
Hey, what do you mean by pull up the spring?

I did try maybe a dozen times over a couple days, trying to push the outer spring layer up and against the inner wall lining and had no luck (just using the tool in reload and the leather case tool).

Don’t have tweezers that are long enough to quite grab onto the spring, so a little reluctant to pop it out at the mo. Scared I won’t be able to get it back in and all that.

Will give it a few more tries but think I’ll likely have to wait for new tweezers 😂🤦‍♂️

Still, it is only a minor inconvenience. The clicks are working perfect. On a plus note: Pulled the tempest out last night to use with a few of the in-laws and cousins and got half a dozen people giggling like idiots and asking for more. It passed the group vibe check pretty well!

mcscruffy

Received my tempest a few days ago and absolutely loving it - finally got through all of the ball/stem choices!

Does anyone have any tips on how to install the ball retaining screen? Other than by fluke the very first time I'm finding it impossible to get back in straight, I always end up with one of the fins bent slightly/on the wrong thread. I've very carefully flattened the screens multiple times to no avail alongside multiple cleans of the head just in case there was something stuck.

I very carefully then tried a brand new screen, and exactly the same thing.

Isn't that the right way to do it? That is how mine came installed and early on Brenyo was saying it is the most secure way for the screen to sit though I haven't read recent instructions in case that has changed.

eyevape

direct tube and bypass airflow
Now we’re talking! This is the kind of hit I’m going for, warm and punchy. I found that fully opening the cap airflow + going careful on it suits me better than more restriction + harder draw. At least at the moment, I’m sure this will change several times while learning. But I’m starting to feel the regulation of heat and therefore extraction using the carb. Exciting!

Top Bottom