The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

scoobyzsnackz

Hi guys I just ordered a Tempest and was wondering which induction heater would be the best to pair it with? I am planning on mainly using it out the house so was thinking either the flare or the wand. Approximately how many bowls can you get through on a single charge with each? Cheers

scoobyzsnackz,
Reactions: Lwd0003

grognard3r

Wand 100%.

You know, it's sad to say: the area where I live may be evacuated because of nearby forest fires. The upside to calamity like this: it puts your view on all you own in a new light.

If I am ordered to evaluate, all my vapes, except my Tempests, can burn.

Gosh, just imagining this fire without a good hit from my Tempest is super harsh. Thank God for the Tempest!

30 orders away! Awesome!! So excited!!!

I took the dynavap b/wand out last night. Everyone loved it. Looking forward to seeing their reaction to the tempest

The Tempest will blow your minds compared to A Dinovap B.

Last edited by a moderator:

scoobyzsnackz

Wand 100%.

You know, it's sad to say: the area where I live may be evacuated because of nearby forest fires. The upside to calamity like this: it puts your view on all you own in a new light.

Gosh, just imagining this fire without a good hit from my Tempest is super harsh. Thank God for the Tempest!
How many bowls are you able to go through per charge with the wand?

Sorry to hear about the fire, stay safe man

******Sorry for the double post. I had wanted to include it in the post above. That was truly unintentional. Many apologies.
Oh yes I’m counting on it haha. Anticipating the tempest/zeal comparison, which is my daily driver

humbuckers,
  • Haha

grognard3r

How many bowls are you able to go through per charge with the wand?

Sorry to hear about the fire, stay safe man

I plan to stay safe. Thank you. It's not the first time I've lived through something like this, except the last time there was no clear choice which vape I'd save first (pre Tempest era).

I had a small duffel bag with as much vape gear as possible at the onset of the last fire. It sucked. Stealth is a big deal to me when it comes to the cannabis world, even in California.

The Tempest is such a no brainer in emergency situations like this. It fits in your pocket.

I could (reluctantly) ditch all my glass bongs and such, but the Tempest (native stem) will carry me through. For a while, I think people were calling it a pocket bong. I know I called it that, and I think it's an accurate description.

I think most people report about 12 good charges with the Wand-Tempest.

I never run the Wand to empty--or close to empty. When battery level goes lower than about 75% to 50%, I find results less consistent. Besides, sometimes with low battery, users report an odd clicking sound. My Wand does that.

My MO is 3 or 4 hefty sessions with my Tempest. That sets me up for a good portion of a day. In the meantime, I plug my Wand in. Other beta users can give a more accurate count. I just don't recommend going beyond 50% capacity.

I think I even remember Brenyo stating on lower battery level, temps need to be ramped up for consistent results.

I hope that helps. It's a great vape to get to know over time. You will learn of all kinds of cool things to do: change balls, slide air flow cap to more open/closed, different stem air paths, etc. The list goes on.

akp55

i'm trying to like mine, but i can't figure out how to get the vapor out.... my bowls are roasted, but no vapor. throw my m+ tip on, massive clouds.
clearly the device is too complicated for a simple minded person like me =/

akp55,
  • Haha

ezpz

i'm trying to like mine, but i can't figure out how to get the vapor out.... my bowls are roasted, but no vapor. throw my m+ tip on, massive clouds.
Check the airflow on the cap. Should not be closed all the way.

Lwd0003

dang, double wand stand is a nice touch!
Omg I’m in the US so I’m still waiting! So freaking PERFECT!!🤩

Escobar Spe GIF by hero0fwar
Me since preorder day 🤭

xnanaki

HaggisHunter

I run the air port on the stem open a crack or closed.
The airflow ports on the head, are also set quite narrow.

Play about with these things, if the bowl is heating up and you can't get vapor it's got to be down to airflow.
Check the manual linked above too.
I was more or less solely a Dynavap user, I got the gist of the tempest within the first couple of bowls and that was with no clicks and a visual indicator that wasn't calibrated.

Sir Wibble

Wand 100%.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, stay safe .

AndyO

I can prepare and ship around 60-80 parcels a day, starting from order number P6750, so you can roughly calculate when I’ll get to yours.

Oh shiiit. I'm looking at today or tomorrow!

Fingers crossed it gets to Australia on a plane. I'm pretty sure my last MH order was delivered by a guy who rode a bike from England to my place.

Sir Wibble

Wand 100%.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, stay safe .

Sir Wibble,

HaggisHunter

Been using the 12mm glass sleeve these last few days. Gets hot when chaining bowls, but it's ok up to 2/3, I get that won't be the same for everyone though. Those that find the titanium sleeve hot, will find this runs quite hot as well.
Taste is also a bit better than the titanium sleeve.

PXL-20240823-000823761-4.jpg

Grover

Retailer
Delighted to wake up to all that beautiful MAD Heaters tracking information in my inbox this AM!! All the Soothing Vapours Tempest/Reload customers will be getting their prepaid orders as soon as we can get them into the mail. The long night is over and the vigil has ended! Let there be vapour...of a very soothing nature! 😁

akp55

I run the air port on the stem open a crack or closed.
The airflow ports on the head, are also set quite narrow.

Play about with these things, if the bowl is heating up and you can't get vapor it's got to be down to airflow.
Check the manual linked above too.
I was more or less solely a Dynavap user, I got the gist of the tempest within the first couple of bowls and that was with no clicks and a visual indicator that wasn't calibrated.
Yeah I get that, but I can't figure out which way to set the head to get some decent vapor. I've run the head fully open, closed and some in between, and the manual doesn't have any info on how to get thicker vapor on....

The manual has some good info about the airflow settings ;):

https://madheaters.co.uk/pages/tempest-manual
I've looked at the manual a few times, there actually aren't any tips about how to get thinker or thinner vapor in the manual. Just describes airflow options... it would be nice if the manual said how these 2 airflow option modify the vapor density

akp55,

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Yeah I get that, but I can't figure out which way to set the head to get some decent vapor. I've run the head fully open, closed and some in between, and the manual doesn't have any info on how to get thicker vapor on....
Is it a very tight draw? I think you might be packing it too tight so there is not enough airflow for the convection to work.
Looser pack is easier to extract in one puff (more vapor?) , not just because of the reduced amount that you fill in there.

You can also try longer draws, it could take a few seconds to get it going if it's not heated at the right location.

HaggisHunter

Might be how hard you're inhaling on it.
If you're inhaling quite hard or treating it like a Dynavap it's not going to give you the same results.

Close off the the airflow on the stem, leave the airflow on the head open a crack, when you're inhaling, do it slower than you would on a Dynavap.
The bowl does need a second or two to get up to temp, the bowl isn't heated like a Dynavap.

Your draw is what introduces the heat to it, so if you're going at it hammer and tong, your going to cool the bowl down much quicker and lose the heat you need to get the clouds your looking for.
Same with the airflow in the head, if that's wide open your just filling it with cold air which will cool the balls quicker.

The biggest learning curve for me, was adjusting my draw strength to suit the device.

As brenyo just mentioned, don't over pack the bowl. I stopped stabbing mine into the material to fill it, I use a scoop instead as the looser pack works much better for me.

akp55

Is it a very tight draw? I think you might be packing it too tight so there is not enough airflow for the convection to work.
Looser pack is easier to extract in one puff (more vapor?) , not just because of the reduced amount that you fill in there.

You can also try longer draws, it could take a few seconds to get it going if it's not heated at the right location.
Not sure how to describe the draw, I just get very light vapor production, while having a throughly roasted bowl.
Might be how hard you're inhaling on it.
If you're inhaling quite hard or treating it like a Dynavap it's not going to give you the same results.
I am using it with a water pipe and the drc tube.

Here's what it looks like when I rip my m on the wooden stem with the tempest cooling unit
here is the tempest
and the bowl after
little lighter than my M, but the M tip would chuck massive clouds with this roast.

i'm using the DRC/helix tube with them both, change over to the direct draw tube doesn't seem to make a difference with the tempest tip.

am i expecting more density for the vapor than can be delivered with the way i am using the device.

also just a thought, it would be nice if the cap was a quick lock style, the kind where the cover slides on and you just turn it a quarter to lock it into place. i think the cali crusher grinders have this

akp55

The depth of the wand adapter is too deep, please check how to set it up in the manual.

You shouldn’t have that much vapor coming out from the wand after heating. It means that you heat it too close to the bowl or it’s just too hot overall.
i've reviewed it multiple times. i've adjusted the head to be 1/4 to 3/4 in the suggested area, and can get the color of the roast to be repeatable, just can't seem to get vapor. i just tried another 4 bowls, first 3 were light vapor and varying degrees of roast, number 4 was combustion, but it did have a flow through the head and stem.... maybe its because its the beta, i ordered my upgrade kit for it, i'll see if that will make any difference.

akp55,
Top Bottom