The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

dang, double wand stand is a nice touch!
I do this too. The stands have been altered/improved as well as the one I got the other day is quite different to the two I had previously. You can also fit one at the bottom, so the feet are on the same side as the buttons, then stand it vertically so the tempest sit horizontally. Works well enough.

PXL-20240821-082407797.jpg

Electrofever

Anyone from the eu site with a shipping confirmation?
No news either here, ordered on the EU site. But on the other hand, they were really nice and with an email, I managed to add extra o-rings to my order ! One good point about this pre-order :D

Electrofever,
Reactions: Lwd0003

rebelFarmer

Can someone explain to me how to adjust the Tempest so that it comes closest to the joint feeling?

I read the description, but would like to hear practical experiences. Can anyone tell me what the Open, Bypass and Closed settings feel like?

I'm asking this because I've never had a butane vape before and will probably be completely overwhelmed at first

Direct tube with spiral, Airflow on head fully open, air hole on stem in bypass cracked, sometimes opened up more if it is feeling toasty!

500-525f depending, hotter for hash, hotter if very cold outside.

That's what works for me, I adjust stem and wand constantly based on what I want, everything else basically remains stationary.

Last edited:

mcscruffy

Hey @Brenyo I remember you said you were working on something like an insert months back for concentrates. Did that ever progress or did you end up scrapping it? I thought my rayon fiber would be fine but seeing that it starts to offgas bad stuff at 200C/392F I think I want to look for a different option...

I think if I unrolled the dynacoil I have and rerolled it a bit looser (if done it before and it is a massive PITA but can be done) it may fit well in there but I'd love to have something purpose-fit!

At 392F rayon starts offgassing furons and aldehydes and at around 356F hemp fiber begins offgassing VOCs so I was going to look at that instead, but having looked up the decomposition temps I would love for there to be something more inert to use for concentrates.

Radwin Bodnic

Hey @Brenyo I remember you said you were working on something like an insert months back for concentrates. Did that ever progress or did you end up scrapping it? I thought my rayon fiber would be fine but seeing that it starts to offgas bad stuff at 200C/392F I think I want to look for a different option...

I think if I unrolled the dynacoil I have and rerolled it a bit looser (if done it before and it is a massive PITA but can be done) it may fit well in there but I'd love to have something purpose-fit!

At 392F rayon starts offgassing furons and aldehydes and at around 356F hemp fiber begins offgassing VOCs so I was going to look at that instead, but having looked up the decomposition temps I would love for there to be something more inert to use for concentrates.
Glass or quartz frits could do the job (maybe stack a couple of them). Probably better if your concentrate isn't too runny at ambient temp.
Quartz frit price is prohibitive but glass is relatively cheap considering it will last a very long time.

Radwin Bodnic,
Reactions: Galisayo

SockPuppetTheatrics

I'd swapped out 2.5mm zirc balls for a mix of 3mm zirc and SiC a bit ago, and I hadn't cleaned the zirc balls I took out of the head. I just torched them in a mesh tea strainer (alternating between opening it to torch, then closing to shake and bring the un-torched balls to the top). It worked quite quickly and thoroughly, and it was also surprisingly satisfying watching the zirconium turn from dingy brown to sparkly white.

HashOnMyMind

Bit quiet in here today, any updates on peoples tempests?
Last i heard was mid of the week but its Thursday evening already so i guess its taking a bit longer.
I hope shipping from Croatia to Germany wont be too long :D
My Wand also arrived im using it with my Dyna and its a game changer!! Had a really good Torch (Rhonx Dual) and while its maybe quicker by a couple sec this hits just as hard if not harder and comes out gold brown not black. No more spinning its sooo convenient, only thing is im getting way too high because i can reload and heat so easy and quick.

Any tips for the wand for when the Tempest arrives? Right now im just using it a 145C and wait for the double click on my Dyna as i heard the temp is just a timer not a power setting.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Bit quiet in here today, any updates on peoples tempests?
Sorry for the delay. Shipping will begin properly early next week. I expect the resellers and the EU store to start shipping around the middle or end of next week.

I can prepare and ship around 60-80 parcels a day, starting from order number P6750, so you can roughly calculate when I’ll get to yours.

Splather

Sorry for the delay. Shipping will begin properly early next week. I expect the resellers and the EU store to start shipping around the middle or end of next week.

I can prepare and ship around 60-80 parcels a day, starting from order number P6750, so you can roughly calculate when I’ll get to yours.
Nice one, that genuinely lets me work it out. Looks like I'll be rocking mine (6896) some time towards the end of next week/week after! Rather excited now :)

6803 can't wait to get my Revolve 2 upgrade kit.

NinneDDu

How P? My order starts with E! Maybe because I ordered from the eu site?

NinneDDu,
Reactions: Octavia

vurt

What happens when pre-order ends? Does the price of the Tempest increase or it remains the same but no freebies? Will there still be a promo to purchase a Reload and wood sleeve? I lost my job while waiting for this to launch :bang:, curious what happens if/when I purchase after the pre-order.

Top Bottom