The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

dudeguy

I have not but I imagine it's similar to other equipment I've cleaned with a coating. Usually it's fine unless there's damage to a coating (scratches or chips) where the microbubbles can start working their way under. To counter this you can set it to a gentle intensity, no added heat, and only run it for a short period of time. DLC seems pretty durable so I dunno if it would be prone to that issue though.

I have a Creworks 10L one which I run on the gentle setting (1 out of 7) and don't let my anodized Tempest run in there hot or longer than a few minutes (which is all it takes) and I haven't noticed any degradation of the anodizing layer but I hadn't considered this before... makes me wonder if I should not keep doing that since I will never be able to get it looking like it does again with the dark green and purple gradients 😬

Well now I wonder if it is ok to throw the blue Tempest into an ultrasonic cleaner :ko:

dudeguy,
Reactions: eyevape

rebelFarmer

how is the flavor compared to BFG Dani Fusion 2?
Is there a noticeable big difference?
i was flashed how good the flavor from fusion 2 was when I switched from anvil.
I got the new Dani, tempest flavour is a little better imo but also different. I reach for the tempest over the dani but am running the dani in glass. The workflow of the tempest is way nicer though so maybe that impacts it, dani head does not fit the reload as nice and it has too many threads.

Hagbard

@cybrguy thanks my man!

@passionate_vaper86 tbh the flavor of the dani fusion 2.0 is a tiny bit better. but the clouds and airflow and cooling from the tempest are way better. i'd say its a tough race between these two. i love the dani fusion 2.0 a lot and i really love the tempest. wouldn't wanna part with both. and i think the dani is more conduction based heating while the tempest goes more towards convection.. so theres a natural flavor difference overall.

Last edited:

snirgol

no. it does not. i use it peferably for the tempest.

nope. its the final product.

this thing is soooo incredible! the taste is so much better than other heavy hitter butane vapes! i love it to bits.

Man, what a great picture and I really do love both!! Now I regret not adding a silver heatshield to my all black when I switched from SS. @Brenyo any chance I can add a heatshield to my order if it hasn't shipped it so I can avoid paying shipping again?

snirgol,
  • Love
Reactions: Hagbard

TedJones

tbh the flavor of the dani fusion 2.0 is a tiny bit better. but the clouds and airflow and cooling from the tempest are way better.
2nd this. Still reaching for the og fusion for it’s smaller bowl too when I don’t feel like getting smacked by the tempest :ko:

TedJones,

the_hexx

Team Hash
Is the Tempest body exactly the same as the Revolve Gen 2? So that the Tempest is essentially the Revolve Gen 2 + Tempest tip and cap? I couldn’t find the answer via search, thanks in advance.

the_hexx,

Marok

it is a redesign to handle the increased heat capacity better. The heat shield makes it more comfortable to hold since you don't directly touch the very hot stem.
Also I think the fins work like a CPU cooler and cool down quicker compared to a solid block.

Marok,
Reactions: the_hexx

sporty90

Can someone explain to me how to adjust the Tempest so that it comes closest to the joint feeling?

I read the description, but would like to hear practical experiences. Can anyone tell me what the Open, Bypass and Closed settings feel like?

I'm asking this because I've never had a butane vape before and will probably be completely overwhelmed at first

sporty90,

Dustin McKief

it is a redesign to handle the increased heat capacity better. The heat shield makes it more comfortable to hold since you don't directly touch the very hot stem.
Also I think the fins work like a CPU cooler and cool down quicker compared to a solid block.
There are also Bowl locking tabs machined into the Tempest head that only work with slots machined into the new stem. It keeps the head from spinning when you use the Reload to unscrew the chamber. Video of it in action here: tempest-manual

Are there any other differences?

Dustin McKief,

TankeyPankey

I did notice that the website says that the fulfillment time will be 3-4 weeks from order date. I know Brenyo said mid-week this week (which appears to be true for some purchasers so far), but it may be a little longer. All I ask is if you do get your order fulfilled, post some pics/videos!

There are also Bowl locking tabs machined into the Tempest head that only work with slots machined into the new stem. It keeps the head from spinning when you use the Reload to unscrew the chamber. Video of it in action here: tempest-manual

Are there any other differences?
I think I remember hearing that the tempest stem has the airflow adjustment in a different place. Now it's is on the cap now (I'm not sure where it was originally).

In terms of the different airflow options, does anyone notice a difference in the high when adjusting those options? I'm just curious about the high difference in closed direct tube vs open/bypass helix tube (tested both with and without water pipe).

organogenesis

I saw in a video review they used the secondary cooling thing. I had not even heard about it even though I have been following this thread, I guess it adds cooling performance and....adds draw resistance? Any experiences and recommendations on whether to use it or not?

organogenesis,
Reactions: RedZep

RedZep

I saw in a video review they used the secondary cooling thing. I had not even heard about it even though I have been following this thread, I guess it adds cooling performance and....adds draw resistance? Any experiences and recommendations on whether to use it or not?
Common belief among the beta testers is that using it depends on the flow tube. If using the Helix tube, most of us go without the secondary cooling spiral, as more cooling just isn't needed, making the flavour and airflow trade off not worth it. It's good to use it with the Direct flow tube however.

I just keep mine installed in the Direct flow tube, so it's already there whenever I swap over to it.

grognard3r

I think I remember hearing that the tempest stem has the airflow adjustment in a different place. Now it's is on the cap now (I'm not sure where it was originally).

In terms of the different airflow options, does anyone notice a difference in the high when adjusting those options? I'm just curious about the high difference in closed direct tube vs open/bypass helix tube (tested both with and without water pipe).

Tempest airflow options abound on the stem and cap.

Look very hard at your new Tempest head. Note there is a sleeve that rotates, and it's hard to see unless you know what to look for.

Hold the stem with one hand, grip the head with the other hand, and twist that sleeve. I did not know how to adjust that option at first. It might be stiff. Pinch that sleeve as best you can and turn. You will see 3 slots open and close to your liking.

If you still can't locate the sleeve, unscrew that tiny screw at the top of the head just a bit. If you losen that screw, you will better see how to move the outer sleeve. Be sure to retighten.

Yes, I find that I can have different vape signatures (or "highs") with different air flows. That's one of the many beautiful features of the Tempest.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, I closed the air flow entirely. I had a smoother, tastier experience that way. Currently, I use my Tempest with a tiny bit more air flow, and man, I get smacked hard by that. When you get yours, that air flow is key. Play around with that for sure (and this does not even address air flow options in the stem).

In the Revolve, the air flow option used to be closer to the mouthpiece.

Last edited:

ezpz

Hold the stem with one hand, grip the head with the other hand, and twist that sleeve. I did not know how to adjust that option at first. It might be stiff. Pinch that sleeve as best you can and turn. You will see 3 slots open and close to your liking.

@TedJones made a video found on this quote…..
Did you get it to turn? Think mine was a bit more harder when new. May need to poke a ball out of the way holding it up? Here is mine rotating.

Top Bottom