The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

btka

1-2 weeks maybe
As far as I understood after pre ordering from mad heaters it will take 1 to 2 weeks to send, so it will not make a big difference if I order at a retailer (for example verdampftnochmal.de) (especially when outside from uk)? They will have it the same time when you start shipping? Am I right? I imagine retailers will also have enough stock… And do you know how much it will cost to ship from madheaters.eu to a European country?

Last edited:
btka,

HaggisHunter

Has anyone tried wrapping copper wire around a tempest cap to avoid having to spin it?
You only need to turn it slowly so not sure where the benefit is.
Pretty sure it's also ok to just heat one spot and forget about turning altogether.

It also retains plenty of heat as it stands, so again it sure what benefit there is to adding copper.
It works well enough for me to not bother with stuff like that.
But I'm sure someone will be doing something similar.

I know folks were losing their minds over this with DV's after the Anvil came out, but dynascience isn't needed with this, in my opinion.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
As far as I understood after pre ordering from mad heaters it will take 1 to 2 weeks to send, so it will not make a big difference if I order at a retailer (especially when outside from uk)? They will have it the same time when you start shipping? Am I right? I imagine retailers will also have enough stock… And do you know how much it will cost to ship from madheaters.eu to a European country?
Yes that’s right, it should arrive around the same time either way.
Currently it’s 18€ with DPD, hope to have a cheaper option next week.

Will the upgrade kits be available then?
Yes

Falconflys

Yes that’s right, it should arrive around the same time either way.
Currently it’s 18€ with DPD, hope to have a cheaper option next week.

Yes
Awsome! It will be so nice having my tempest at 100%. It's been allright using the wand till timeout and doing one heat extractions and trying to do back to back when warm without a proper vi and no disc's is tough.
The Tempest itself still amazes me every time I use it with the clouds it produces and how it gets so close to combustion while still maintaining good flavor!
An incredible device!

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Very long thread here so sorry if this is a repost.

Can anyone give me approximate heat up times for a wand?
There’s a chart on the site! Copied and pasted below, not sure if the chart will change in the future (or be readable).

Stainless SteelZirconia (default)Silicone CarbideBoro Glass
Density7.87 g/cc5.68 g/cc3.21 g/cc2.23 g/cc
Fill weight5.6 g4.1 g2.2 g1.6 g
Thermal conductivity16.3 W/m•K1.1 W/m•K120 W/m•K2.5 W/m•K
Wand temp. 1*320°C / 600°F290°C / 545°F260°C / 490°F250°C / 470°F
Wand temp. 2*430°C / 800°F400°C / 740°F360°C / 670°F350°C / 650°F
* Wand temp. 1: Heating until the "Time over" message.
* Wand temp. 2: Heating until the pulsing red indicator light changes to solid red.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Crazy sale on the Wand right now. I'm tempted to get a backup. (What have you folks done to me?)

There’s a chart on the site! Copied and pasted below, not sure if the chart will change in the future (or be readable).

Stainless SteelZirconia (default)Silicone CarbideBoro Glass
Density7.87 g/cc5.68 g/cc3.21 g/cc2.23 g/cc
Fill weight5.6 g4.1 g2.2 g1.6 g
Thermal conductivity16.3 W/m•K1.1 W/m•K120 W/m•K2.5 W/m•K
Wand temp. 1*320°C / 600°F290°C / 545°F260°C / 490°F250°C / 470°F
Wand temp. 2*430°C / 800°F400°C / 740°F360°C / 670°F350°C / 650°F
* Wand temp. 1: Heating until the "Time over" message.
* Wand temp. 2: Heating until the pulsing red indicator light changes to solid red.
Appreciate the reply! Unless I’m missing something - totally possible - I don’t see times listed there? And also curious approx how long with a torch

Reactions: Octavia

snirgol

I really hope that thd tempest will work great with the Flare. I had a wand and sold it cause I moved to yllvapes 2.0 induction and bought the Flare a few weeks ago in anticipation for the Tempest.

Peacefrog78

Wand is 30-45s, torch 25-35s
Is it possible wand temps 1 and 2 are reversed? The time over message should provide the higher temps correct?
Ive had the flare for a couple days now but i plan to still use the wand because is so easy. 300c til time over gives me close coffee grounds. Its on sale at vgoodiez again.
The flare works great with the dani fusion 2.0 but I cant find settings for my stunner yet. Having fun trying though🤘
I think the Tempest/wand is an unbeatable combo, hope more get to try it soon. The Tempest head/bowl plus a wand and an adapter for a piece could be one of the best value setups going. I flew out from the east coast to Utah with it and having a comfortable friend go so easily has been a godsend. Looking forward to getting another soon so I can leave one on the adapter.

DaBouse

Crazy sale on the Wand right now. I'm tempted to get a backup. (What have you folks done to me?)

I knew holding out until after the 7/10 sales would benefit. Thanks for the heads up, this was perfect.

DaBouse,

Grover

Retailer
Not so great for the Canadians. VG's price with an adapter and shipping equals $183.93 CAD. There's equally good prices domestically.

Grover,
Reactions: Zagala

DaBouse

Pre launch hype

What’s everyone going to be scooping up on pre order day? I think I’m going to keep it basic. I’m looking at an all silver tempest and a silver reload. I was going to get another set of o rings but from the product page it looks like additional o rings are included?

DaBouse,

GnarlyVandal

Pre launch hype

What’s everyone going to be scooping up on pre order day? I think I’m going to keep it basic. I’m looking at an all silver tempest and a silver reload. I was going to get another set of o rings but from the product page it looks like additional o rings are included?
Gonna go with an all black tempest and reload, a rosewood wooden stem as extra, and I reeeeeally want to get an induction heater. Just can’t decide between wand and flare.

I know everyone’s having great results with the wand, and not as much with the flare, but I’ve read the flare gets to 75/80w, which is what the wand is anyway, right? So really we should at least get comparable results? Can anyone with a flare and wand confirm?

I’m also itching to get a thermal accumulator to stick on my bb6 wpa stem, and the flare is much more suited to TA from what I’ve read so far.

Brenyo

Manufacturer
Is it possible wand temps 1 and 2 are reversed? The time over message should provide the higher temps correct?
No, it's correct. The "time over" method takes longer and it's heating slowly for about 10 seconds at the end then stop heating.
With the other method (temp 2) you heat it only until it's heating at full power for a few more seconds compared to temp 1, however it won't stop heating so you have to remove the cap.

@Brenyo I saw August 3rd is the date for pre orders is there a time it’s going to start and time zone? Thank you for everything
Not yet, I might announce it a few days prior.

@Brenyo will just the heads also be available to pre order on the same day?
yes

I know everyone’s having great results with the wand, and not as much with the flare, but I’ve read the flare gets to 75/80w, which is what the wand is anyway, right? So really we should at least get comparable results? Can anyone with a flare and wand confirm?
Wand is around 100W. My Flare only goes up to 65W with the Tempest. The Flare is better with the TA because of the extra power and you don't have to hold it.

GnarlyVandal

No, it's correct. The "time over" method takes longer and it's heating slowly for about 10 seconds at the end then stop heating.
With the other method (temp 2) you heat it only until it's heating at full power for a few more seconds compared to temp 1, however it won't stop heating so you have to remove the cap.

Not yet, I might announce it a few days prior.

yes

Wand is around 100W. My Flare only goes up to 65W with the Tempest. The Flare is better with the TA because of the extra power and you don't have to hold it.
Ah okay. Thanks for the quick response.

I already have a giant torch, so guess I could just use that for the TA, and go with the happy combo of wand, tempest and reload that most here seem to love. I wooould just use my torch with the tempest, but you’ve advised not to heat the indicator directly, right? I think the torch is probably a tad big (went with a masterclass cooking torch 🤦‍♂️) and I wouldn’t want to break the tempest indicator so quickly..

I know you’ve said you’ll get some non-magnetic pieces for the tempest, making it flare compatible down the road, I think I unfortunately might see some sort of IH-acquisition syndrome in my future

GnarlyVandal,
Reactions: chimpybits

Atom Flower

Open enough in my case to not trigger my TMJD (Jaw dissorder) which is not a common trait in many of the vapes I have owned.
Hey, been wondering if sucking on vapes is a problem with this .... I don't want to derail the thread- I sent you a PM...

Will lacentralevapeur have the ebony stem option too ? Or is it better to order at madheaters.eu for France ?

I would avoid that vendor

Atom Flower,
Top Bottom