The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

HaggisHunter

At this point, the Wand seems to still be the best game in town, unless someone is willing to sell their youngest to fund one.
I'd agree, I haven't used the others but the function of the wand is absolutely on point for me, I can live with it's limits given how well it works at home and on the move.

Also want to see the visual indicator when reheating, so keen to find out what others do, after getting used to the wand and the ability to see the VI, not sure I'd want to buy a heater that doesn't let me see it.

corvo

anyone have the ih of vhb for anvil ? its compatible with the tempest? i try dynavaps in it but its very powerfull for it , its 120w the ih

At this point, the Wand seems to still be the best game in town, unless someone is willing to sell their youngest to fund one.
my wand It's been waiting in the drawer for a year :ko: its waiting for the tempestttttt

Texus

Not only the ability to clean/soak with iso. The Ti sleeve is like a heatsink. It gets hot but makes it cool down faster.
For me, Ti got uncomfortably hot, especially with back to back hits using an IH (Wand, Forge or Inductor). I had the same issue with Revolve stems too. Wood was the best to keep it cooler in the hand.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
In truth, everybody is different in terms of thresholds of acceptability for heat and vapor density, and that is likely to change over time. I used to be able to take more heat in my lungs, bigger hits and denser hits than I can take today. I find that more smaller hits are a better method for me today than in days of yore. I seem to be able to take a little more tactile heat on my fingers for holding a hotter stem than I used to be able to, but I still prefer a wood stem to reduce it. I am a believer in experimenting and switching things up often to avoid falling in to too much of a pattern. That is why I am unlikely to just use one device all the time, and instead lean on variety. The spice of life...

grognard3r

Max power, timer between 45-60s depending on the power limit.

No difference, both magnetic.

On the BFG Flare, do you listen to the clicks to determine when to remove from IH/ take a draw, or do you let the Flare time out (ignoring the second click)?

Also, @Brenyo , you said to place the screw (to determine depth) should be at max low level, right? Is there perhaps a photo you or someone else could post of what that scew would look like? Another idea would be to post a pic of the Tempest in the Flare, much like you have of the Tempest "standing" in the Wand. You added red lines to indicate the range of depth one should insert the Tempest in the Wand.

I'm trying to get the most out of the Flare. My indicator shows it reaches a max of 60 W, even when I set to 120 W.

From my initial impressions, the Wand is the best IH for the Tempest, at least compared to the Flare.

grognard3r,
Reactions: Vangel

Oden

Sorry for the second post, but I'm too lazy to read this whole thread.
I need an efficient and sturdy portable vaporizer and the tempest seems to be the chosen one.
When will it be possible to buy some and do we have a date?
Because I imagine that when it is back in stock it will sell out in a few hours 🙃

Oden,

HaggisHunter

Because I imagine that when it is back in stock it will sell out in a few hours
Pre order starts at the end of July and shipping around 2 weeks later.
Been said a few times stock will be plentiful, you should be good.

HaggisHunter,
Reactions: Oden

grognard3r

Remove the indicator housing

Do you mean the tip top cap with the tiny screw? Like here:

If so, then when is a good time to remove the Tempest from the Flare? At time out of 45 seconds (if I can get close to 100 W)?

Sorry for what might seem like silly questions.

Last edited:
grognard3r,

mcscruffy

An FMJ won’t work well because ideally, you’d have to put it over the airholes, blocking them. Most importantly it needs a non-magnetic induction sleeve instead of the magnetic one.
I'm trying to think of a use case where this would be helpful and I'm thinking hash etc... could you not have slots or holes drilled in the jacket to allow airflow through the holes? Or an air channel (or two or three) where there is a v-shape cut or something similar in the body of the jacket to channel air up to the airholes? That would preheat the air really well before it even reached the balls but I don't know how the aerodynamics would work there, not do I know how the more important induction sleeve factors.

mcscruffy,

kokolokokolokon

Do you mean the tip top cap with the tiny screw? Like here:

If so, then when is a good time to remove the Tempest from the Flare? At time out of 45 seconds (if I can get close to 100 W)?
Yeah, the top cap
It should reach 90/95W. Try to avoid a height which heats the chamber and set 35 sec. It is a matter of testing

I'm trying to think of a use case where this would be helpful and I'm thinking hash etc... could you not have slots or holes drilled in the jacket to allow airflow through the holes? Or an air channel (or two or three) where there is a v-shape cut or something similar in the body of the jacket to channel air up to the airholes? That would preheat the air really well before it even reached the balls but I don't know how the aerodynamics would work there, not do I know how the more important induction sleeve factors.
It would be easier for you to buy a thin tube of 304 SS or so, with the sizes of the sleeve, and make the air intake with a sander and a little of patience

Oden

Pre order starts at the end of July and shipping around 2 weeks later.
Been said a few times stock will be plentiful, you should be good.

I didn't know because I didn't read the thread.
But thank you for your response.

Is this vaporizer as powerful as people say?
I mean compared to all the current portable vaporizers in the game?

grognard3r

Yeah, the top cap
It should reach 90/95W. Try to avoid a height which heats the chamber and set 35 sec. It is a matter of testing

Thanks for that tip.

I took it a step further and removed the metal sleeve as well. Holy smokes! The Flare went up to 110 W. I pulled the Tempest out at 45 seconds; the herb was on the verge of combustion. Yuck. I stopped inhaling immediately and emptied the bowl in the nick of time.

I tried the Flare again but at 30 seconds. I held the Tempest tip down into the IH approximately where it would be in the Wand. Thirty seconds was way better.

I can tell the Flare has A LOT of potential waiting to be released if Mad is able to make alternate parts that are not so magnetic. I think I saw mention of that by Brenyo several posts ago.

When I remove the indicator cap and induction sleeve, I lost the ability to restrict airflow in any way. Still, it is a very different kind of hit. I only packed half a bowl of half a bowl so I could better gague heat effects on the herb. That Flare is super powerful. I'm tempted to pull out a DinoVap to see how it performs.

Texus

Decently powerful, but I would not consider it a heavy hitter. And not sure who these people are you refer to. Only true heavy hitter of this style I've encountered is still the Anvil. But does beat a Dynavap in this regard. And excellent flavor and extraction overall.

Texus,
  • Haha
Reactions: Corvoed

snirgol

Decently powerful, but I would not consider it a heavy hitter. And not sure who these people are you refer to. Only true heavy hitter of this style I've encountered is still the Anvil. But does beat a Dynavap in this regard. And excellent flavor and extraction overall.
I have been using the Anvil that I borrowed from a friend for about a month now. The Anvil definitely hits hard but honestly I am not a fan of the flavor at all. I'm really hoping the tempest can be that bridge somewhere in between a dyna and an anvil. On a side note, I have been very impressed with an armored cap dyna together with IH so if the Tempest is better than that, I am golden and this will be my daily portable.

DaBouse

I have been using the Anvil that I borrowed from a friend for about a month now. The Anvil definitely hits hard but honestly I am not a fan of the flavor at all. I'm really hoping the tempest can be that bridge somewhere in between a dyna and an anvil. On a side note, I have been very impressed with an armored cap dyna together with IH so if the Tempest is better than that, I am golden and this will be my daily portable.

Do you use the anvil native or in glass? From what I understand I was told that it COULD be used natively, but that it wasn’t a very enjoyable experience.

DaBouse,

Texus

Do you use the anvil native or in glass? From what I understand I was told that it COULD be used natively, but that it wasn’t a very enjoyable experience.
We are getting off topic for a Tempest thread. I love Anvil with XL mouthpiece

Texus,

snirgol

Through water the anvil is great but if I am using water I will probably reach for my TM2 like 99 percent of the time. I am looking for something that can be used enjoyably natively

snirgol,

kokolokokolokon

I would consider it like a heavy hitter. It can gives you brutal hits in OHE with great flavor and effects

HaggisHunter

No bother, wasn't meaning to sound sarky or anything, realise after I wrote that it might come across that way 😁

I think it hits hard. I also think a lot of it is personal and subjective, but it feels to me like it is. Tempest, wand and reload if you can afford it, it's an awesome set-up.

The best thing is that it does such an amazing job whether you run full or half bowl.
Now and then I like to loosely fill it in half bowl mode, take a decent draw from it, empty, refill, reheat as you're exhaling and repeat 2/3 times....
For some reason I really like doing that when I'm settling down after a long bike ride.

You don't need a much material in this device, but equally it'll blast through full bowls all day if you want that.

DaBouse

No bother, wasn't meaning to sound sarky or anything, realise after I wrote that it might come across that way 😁

I think it hits hard. I also think a lot of it is personal and subjective, but it feels to me like it is. Tempest, wand and reload if you can afford it, it's an awesome set-up.

The best thing is that it does such an amazing job whether you run full or half bowl.
Now and then I like to loosely fill it in half bowl mode, take a decent draw from it, empty, refill, reheat as you're exhaling and repeat 2/3 times....
For some reason I really like doing that when I'm settling down after a long bike ride.

You don't need a much material in this device, but equally it'll blast through full bowls all day if you want that.
I assume you find the repeated loose half bowl experience to be different from a typical full bowl if your putting the labor in of reloading multiple times.

DaBouse,

Oden

I would consider it like a heavy hitter. It can gives you brutal hits in OHE with great flavor and effects
OK it's noted.
I really like that it is able to do a full extraction in one hit.

It's very practical for times when I'm in a hurry with life.

Thanks again 😁
I am now totally convinced that this is exactly the product I should take for my daily needs.
I just bought a used wand (practically new) with the stand for only 90 euros.
When the presale is active I will also take the reload which is essential with the tempest according to what I saw on video actually.
It's a configuration that already seems awesome to me.
I can't wait to try it out and give the community my opinion on the Tempest ✌🏻

RedZep

I had an Anvil for a while. The half bowls were the sweet spot for efficiency and effects. The Tempest half bowl is comparable for me in terms of powerful effects, but has muc superior taste. Also a better size half bowl.

I would argue anyone not seeing comparable power with thr Tempest is not fully dialed in.

Top Bottom