The Tempest by Mad Heaters & Phatpiggie

PossumMD

Kinda hoping the stock levels that been suggested to be enough are actually enough. Got to put it on the back burner for a fortnight cos "life". If not, I've waited this long (plus I spoke to piggie about a TA recently so I won't be completely without the experience!).

PossumMD,
Reactions: Mr Turnip

kokolokokolokon

I have high hopes for the Tempest, because I hope it will make me consume my weed differently... I mainly vape with a vape ball which I love, but I hate the exposed coil lol
If you use a desktop ball vape with large chamber (using a big amount of herb), then you can’t expect none of the butane vapes will give that high. BUT if you vape small amounts and control a little your tolerance (or want to do that things, more or less) welcome. IMO go from a exposed coil to a little cigar style vape wich gives you big results is a win win.
I mean, the tempest can work as “desktop”. It is very efficient, gives a good punch of vapor, great flavor, great high….

I really dont want to hype anyone, because there are people who vapes 0,3 or so in a hit with the fp/b0/… and they can do it 5 more times…but this vape is 100% worth it: the design, the materials, the modularity (the chance to repair and buy pieces like the clicks)….

Oden

If you use a desktop ball vape with large chamber (using a big amount of herb), then you can’t expect none of the butane vapes will give that high. BUT if you vape small amounts and control a little your tolerance (or want to do that things, more or less) welcome. IMO go from a exposed coil to a little cigar style vape wich gives you big results is a win win.
I mean, the tempest can work as “desktop”. It is very efficient, gives a good punch of vapor, great flavor, great high….

I really dont want to hype anyone, because there are people who vapes 0,3 or so in a hit with the fp/b0/… and they can do it 5 more times…but this vape is 100% worth it: the design, the materials, the modularity (the chance to repair and buy pieces like the clicks)….

Thank you for taking the time to explain your point of view and giving this advice👍🏻.
I personally use a ZX which I love and will continue to use.
I have been able to keep my tolerance really low thanks to this vaporizer and which I have loved since all my time with the ZX. Small quantities in bowls accompanied by pure convection hits.
The tempest seems perfect to me in this regard.
I hope it will keep me away from the exposed reels 😁

AndyO

I see the Tempest head is listed on the site sans stem. Could anyone suggest any elements of the new stem or the tt option that should make me reconsider?

I love my Revolve Gen 2s... but I never, ever use the titaniium. The Anvil lives on the glass stem, while my Stunner sits on the wood stem.

Apart from ordering another stem to have it, and so every oven has its own stem, I can't really think of a reason. The sketches of the new stem I saw a few months ago seemed to indicate it was slightly less customisable?

AndyO,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I see the Tempest head is listed on the site sans stem. Could anyone suggest any elements of the new stem or the tt option that should make me reconsider?
If you only intend to use the Tempest at home, you could get away with just the head and skip the stem entirely. That would save you some significant scratch, but it would also mean that you can only use the Tempest at home unless you stuck it on another stem which would tend to run hotter than the Tempest own stem. Above there is some discussion of using the revolve stem. It will work fine, it will just run a little hotter.

As I've mentioned before, I intend to buy a second head just for use at home on glass. That way I don't have to pull the head off of the stem when I want to use it at home which is what I'm doing now. The second head will also allow me to test out some different balls and A-B them more easily.

delta hotel

We're getting close, so I'm starting to try to finalize what I think I want. I've always liked the black/rosewood combo, but I've started to ask myself if I'm losing out on anything by not picking up a titanium heat shield with the rosewood on the side. I would likely just leave the rosewood shield on it anyway, but is there anything other than soaking I lose out on? It was my impression they were the same internally but only different in what you're touching, but I could be wrong and the wooden one is just a lined path, any clarification here?

The wand adapter is a given, and I'm considering a Reload v2. I've got a v1, so I'm not sure I NEED another, but while I've got MAD stuff coming and there's a discount, maybe?

weekeda

Why is the price at lacentralevapeur for the preorder for different colors the same and they list it for 249 Euro not 269 Euro is that correct?

weekeda,

Feyd2blak

We're getting close, so I'm starting to try to finalize what I think I want. I've always liked the black/rosewood combo, but I've started to ask myself if I'm losing out on anything by not picking up a titanium heat shield with the rosewood on the side. I would likely just leave the rosewood shield on it anyway, but is there anything other than soaking I lose out on? It was my impression they were the same internally but only different in what you're touching, but I could be wrong and the wooden one is just a lined path, any clarification here?

The wand adapter is a given, and I'm considering a Reload v2. I've got a v1, so I'm not sure I NEED another, but while I've got MAD stuff coming and there's a discount, maybe?
I've got the rosewood with basic Ti, was planning to get the black with ebony but getting the full black Ti, pretty much because it looks so awesome 😎 wood stems are only £30 if you want both options, I still might get an ebony stem as well. Think they are the same internally but the wood handles the heat way better, doesn't get warm at all, payoff is the vapour is a bit warmer as the Ti absorbs so much heat. Does get hot but I rarely do more than 2 or 3 bowls at a time so not an issue but would hate to see how hot it gets after 4 or 5 back to back heats. I love using both stems tbh, constantly switching between them, and j hooks and bubblers.
Also you get the wand adapter with any pre order kit I believe

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I think the Tempest comes with the Wand adapter on this initial order. I believe the first pass is still considered a pre-order.

I'm gonna pick up a couple ball screens. Not something necessary, but I am a little compulsive about backup. I will be ordering a (rose)wood stem. I have a shit ton of o rings, so I don't think I really need more of them, tho I only have 6x1mm ones.

I think the new Tempest stem with the heat shield is quite handsome...
Silver-on-blue.jpg

Oops, I see that pic has the original digger that has been dropped. Here is a picture of my actual Tempest, rather than one from the website.
Temp.jpg

Not quite as clean or well lit...

Last edited:

Sunny

Has anyone got a black and blue tempest?

I'm thinking about getting a black body with a blue heat shield but I'm not sure how the colours would go; I was initially thinking purple so if anyone has pics of that too that would be great

Sunny,

GnarlyVandal

I can confirm that the armoured cap works really well in a wand, I have the tempest adapter in the wand and use the armoured cap in the exact same position - there is a specific position for the adapter to get the tempest at the right height.

My wand arrived and it’s working great! Thanks for the reassurance ✌️

@Brenyo any chance of you posting a video showcasing the tempest colours like you have with the reload(s)?

Love that purple, although ultimately thought I decided on going all black… until that sexy blue tempest got posted above. Now I have a dilemma 😂

As I’m already distracting you, have you decided what time on Saturday the pre-sale’s going live?

Brenyo

Manufacturer
@Brenyo this still a go ahead for saturday? And can we still use our 20% discount from the reload pre order a while back?
Yes it’s still Saturday.

I think that was a fixed amount discount, not 20%. If you can send the code over in PM I’ll check.

Are there any videos of the tempest with the working indicator and click discs? I'd love to see the final product in action.
There might be a few videos next week.

@Brenyo any chance of you posting a video showcasing the tempest colours like you have with the reload(s)?
I'll try to make a video before the preorder

As I’m already distracting you, have you decided what time on Saturday the pre-sale’s going live?

Not yet, but probably around 4 PM UK time if I can finish by then. There’s still plenty left to do :ko:

HaggisHunter

Are there any videos of the tempest with the working indicator and click discs? I'd love to see the final product in action.
I think I have the up to date indicator, the first click happens when the VI is atbthebmiddle mark, the second comes at the third mark on the VI.
I'll try and do a video later.
My wand arrived and it’s working great! Thanks for the reassurance ✌️
No worries. Works way better than I thought it would. Still comes in handy when the tempest is being cleaned.
Not yet, but probably around 4 PM UK time if I can finish by then. There’s still plenty left to do :ko:
Are you still doing this on your own?

HaggisHunter,
Reactions: Brenyo

AndyO

Is the any difference between the Tempest wood sleeve and the Revolve Gen 2 sleeve? They look exactly the same.

AndyO,

HaggisHunter

Is the any difference between the Tempest wood sleeve and the Revolve Gen 2 sleeve? They look exactly the same.
I always thought the tempest sleeves were much wider. They look it anyway.
Just measured mine at the wide end, old revolve sleeve came in at 13.5mm, new tempest sleeve was 14mm.
Not much in it in terms of size.
No difference in use.

HaggisHunter,
Reactions: AndyO

HaggisHunter

Damn, I was decided on all silver, but purple with a silver heat shield looks really good.
It's too late to still be making this decision :ko:

Cleaned up and gave the different sleeves a go.
Running the titanium sleeves etc at the moment, but going to start using the woods after the next clean.

I put this up a while back, feels like a good time to put it up again 😁

gosta

I put this up a while back, feels like a good time to put it up again 😁
Nice. Is the bottom left the rosewood?

I'm going to get a couple of DIY steel sleeves if they're back in stock for preorders and have a go at making my own.
I don't have any woodturning stuff though so it'll be a rough carved job haha

HaggisHunter

Nice. Is the bottom left the rosewood?

I'm going to get a couple of DIY steel sleeves if they're back in stock for preorders and have a go at making my own.
I don't have any woodturning stuff though so it'll be a rough carved job haha
Yeah. The wooden stems are neat. Good to change things up now and then.

Sounds good man, always like to see folk getting stuck in.
If you have access to a drill and a vice, you basically have a really basic lathe, sort of 😆
I'm about to do the same.

I've just been given a vacuum chamber, it needs a new seal for the lid, but I'm planning on making sleeves, I have some steel liners but want to get titanium liners as well.

I'm hoping to start work on them in the next couple months, but it depends on work. Might be a winter project, the dril and vise will need to do until I can afford a small lathe.

I'll stop before I derail the thread.

Top Bottom