• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Roth

Pining for the Mountains
We will always keep that line, our products evolve. But our product line will stay the same.

But you see how this is extremely confusing to your customers, right? This isn't an update or modification to the previous 8, it's completely different.

From my perspective, the biggest downfall for W9 is the lack of clear, concise information. It is extremely confusing for someone trying to get oriented with your products.

All this does is add yet another layer of confusion.

And I say all of this as a very happy customer. I have a SR-74x and love it. I plan on purchasing the new 8 when it's available (hopefully with another name).

That's the last I'll bring this up, just wanted to make sure you see it from the customers perspective as well.

Can't wait to see what you all have up your sleeves next!

jim-bob

Yeah, I'm still on the fringes of the w9 world. SamuraiSam walked me through a bit of it enough to help me understand what I want / don't want, but repeating names across entirely different products is a killer way to make sure that anyone who isn't fully w9-anointed will absolutely never ever ever understand your product line.

This may actually be your intent. Not sure.

jim-bob,

Dr. Soxhlet

SOLO Vaporized Cannabis is my Best Medicine
From my perspective, the biggest downfall for W9 is the lack of clear, concise information. It is extremely confusing for someone trying to get oriented with your products.
For me the lack of good easily obtained information for these products is the only thing that needs to be upgraded. I know tech support, product innovation, product quality; everything is top notch, except the documentation.
Maybe I just missed this area of the website or maybe it is new(says posted on the 21st), but some of these issues concerning how to use the products and some history can be found here:http://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporizer-news/
This really helps!!

Ordered a couple of Hammer tops, I really like the locking switch, made my SR-74 much easier to use. I understand the ceramic rod can be used with the Bender, but are there any other uses?

What is wrong with my double top. I have never been able to use it. Every time I put it on and press the button, it just blinks three times. Is this top defective or can it be taken apart and adjusted?

These are the kind of questions that should be in a manual or available on the website.

Last edited:
Dr. Soxhlet,

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I'm cool with names not changing, a lot of product lines don't change their name. You can add a mostly nonsensical thing after it like other products. 8s, 8+, 8 GTX, 8 supra5, 8 eight, 8 TC, 8 2016. Super 8?

My only gripe was searching for "8" wasn't always productive.

StormyPinkness,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
Thanks for the feedback regarding naming. Keep it coming! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who's found it difficult to search and hashtag "8". Customer feedback and ideas are always welcome; we wouldn't be producing the products we make today without lots of feedback from our customers.

My updates today aren't anywhere near as exciting as the next vaporizer, but I did add a few items to W9 Tech that I thought would help out. First, the Hercules Bottom Insulator is now available as a stocked item in the Hercules parts category. Same price as it's always been, when it needed to be purchased with misc fees. This insulator is is compatible with all SR series Hercules!

Secondly, we've received our new style Core extension cable inserts. Some CORE owners have experienced issues with the plug on the bottom of the Core Insert loosening up, particularly if that plug/ port is strained. To solve these issues we've created some new Inserts for the Core that have a permanently attached extension cable. It kills 3 birds with one stone: No port to loosen on the insert, Longer cable so it's less likely to strain, and moving the port to an inline plug means its more likely to pull straight out instead being strained sideways. We're selling these for just $10 per insert, you'll need to specify if it's for use with an Omicron or Persei.

Last addition: Our Omicron and Persei vaporizers have always come with a capable, but cost effective charger. It's a basic two bay, single channel unit, so only paired batteries can be charged simultaneously. After many customer requests, we're happy to offer a high quality charger for those who want to upgrade. We have the Nitecore UM20 Li-ion battery charger in stock today!

For me the lack of good easily obtained information for these products is the only thing that needs to be upgraded. I know tech support, product innovation, product quality; everything is top notch, except the documentation.
Maybe I just missed this area of the website or maybe it is new(says posted on the 21st), but some of these issues concerning how to use the products and some history can be found here:http://www.w9tech.com/oil-vaporizer-news/
This really helps!!
I hear you and am working to add more information. I just started in on this project about a month ago, I'm editing both product pages and writing blog entries. This is what I'm aiming for: http://www.w9tech.com/kiss-globe-vaporizer-cartridge/

Pictures match each different selection in the drop down menu, and each of the options in the drop down list are explained in the product's description. Related products are all related to the product being described. For even more information, a link to a blog post with as much information as I can think to type.

What other information would be useful on the Description? And what else should I include in blog posts / writeups? I want to learn what information would help most so I can go through each product and get it up to SamuraiSam specs.

Ordered a couple of Hammer tops, I really like the locking switch, made my SR-74 much easier to use. I understand the ceramic rod can be used with the Bender, but are there any other uses?
What is wrong with my double top. I have never been able to use it. Every time I put it on and press the button, it just blinks three times. Is this top defective or can it be taken apart and adjusted?
You can use the Hammer rod in lieu of a hemp wick or Bic lighter. Apply heat to a bowl of flowers, touch to oil, etc. You can even use it for woodburning art projects :)

As for the double top You could try taking carts off and holding down power, then thread a cart in to try and reset it. If it doesn't come back it's most likely failed internally. The double top is long out of production and most likely can't be fixed. Sorry!

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Definitely adding a new insert to my next order. I don't really have a problem with the current core setup, I like the idea of having an extension though.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

arrr

Just got an eleaf istick 40w. Wondering what temp to set it at for single coil and 1701 coil on the alpha cent?

arrr,

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
Just got an eleaf istick 40w. Wondering what temp to set it at for single coil and 1701 coil on the alpha cent?

Been using the 1701 at 30w, single coil at 520° in temp mode. :mmmm:

Last edited:
DaNi_DuB,

420time

all you really need is a istick 30w. enough to push to 8v. which is more then enough for the sr74x,kiss alpha single and dual coil carts. just i find it to be werid since when i screw it in the resistance chances bit by bit when i screw in more. ranges from 1.0ohm to 2.2, the tighter it move towards 1.0ohm.

anyways i recently purchased a black rock saftey case. its pretty stealthy. great for on the go with a gram of concentrate, sr74x and the kiss globe dual coil and a dabber.

420time,

DaNi_DuB

Vapor Enthusiast
I wasn't a fan of the kiss carts but been tempted to try the alpha
Neither was I, but the alpha c is like a kiss cart on whatever steroid Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is on. The ability to get it in 510 and use it on a temp control mod is fucking great and imo a TC mod appears increases the durability of the coil. I've been using the dual coil that came with the unit for about three weeks at 520° (about a gram a week), the 1701 only a handful of times at 28w, and haven't touched the single coil more than 3 or 4 times (granted I only smoke live resin shatter and moxie waxes when not puffing on my extreme q now).

Last edited:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
I got 4 18650's for $20 to prepare for the new unnamed tc box and saw an evic vtc mini for $30 that I grabbed too. I've been running the dual coil at 30w at 520 degrees and the taste is pretty good. I got a lot more in the cup and on the globe though. I saw someone else uses it at 12w so I'm going to try that and see if it get's better. So far I get better taste and performance out of my persei, but it's fun screwing around with it. I'll have to see how well it runs the dual coil kiss, the splattering and cup pooling wouldn't be an issue because I overload the hell out of those. It could replace my minicron with a single coil kiss I take to hockey games, it looks way more like a legit ecig thing. Also good for those people who just don't f'ing listen when you say pulse the button so you don't f up my dual coil. My visitor vape.

stimp_420

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
@THC SCIENTIFIC Hey Gary just wanted to let you know my vaporshark tc device should be landing in your hands shortly for your battery of scientific testing, I let Sam know already as well,

In other news I am about to purchase a horde of gen 3's and want to know what you guys here think about single vs dual coil at 7.4 volts?, which is what I will be running it at

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
@THC SCIENTIFIC Hey Gary just wanted to let you know my vaporshark tc device should be landing in your hands shortly for your battery of scientific testing, I let Sam know already as well,

In other news I am about to purchase a horde of gen 3's and want to know what you guys here think about single vs dual coil at 7.4 volts?, which is what I will be running it at

Hold off on purchasing it and submit a ticket, once we get it in we can work something out for the device you sent us to test.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician

Nice talking to you today, it'd been a while.

I strongly suggest the dual coil for use at 7.4V. If you have an 18650, I find the dual coil to be superior to the single coil at 3.7, too.

I suggest the single coils for users of our other vaporizers, like the Minicron lineup and Omicron. :2c:

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I strongly suggest the dual coil for use at 7.4V. If you have an 18650, I find the dual coil to be superior to the single coil at 3.7, too.

I suggest the single coils for users of our other vaporizers, like the Minicron lineup and Omicron. :2c:
That's interesting, I definitely prefer the dual over the single but wasn't liking how it ran at 3.7 on my omi lite or mincron. I just bought 4 18650's on sale to get ready for the new unamed tc box, I'll have to try my persei with an 18650 for the first time.

stimp_420

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

You too Sam, I was pretty sure you would pick up the phone as usual and was not dissapointed, great service

Thanks for your opinion on the gens 3's, I was on the fence about the dual coils when someone here said they hurt there throat heh heh, I live to turn waxes and shatters into tasty vapors so I think the duals will be great, especially because you can dial it in on the core within range of the low voltage cut-off for 7.4, I have been liking 6.8 volts for the original KISS cartridges, looking forward to getting the gen 3's purring nicely

MaxVapor

The Professor
I :love: Lrrr

nSlBaxa.jpg

Top Bottom