Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
@lonelyhero it's on sale for $90 which is amazing, but I'm just not sure if I want to wait for version 2 built for the tc box. If all I needed for v2 was a $20-$30 updated mp I'd be cool with that.

StormyPinkness,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
None of these units feature Wart mode, but we've slashed prices on all our vaporizers and a bunch of accessories for the holidays like Nibbler X, G, GN, and the Bender herb chamber;

http://www.w9tech.com/categories/on-sale.html
Sorry for the double post in advance, too late to edit.

@THC SCIENTIFIC or @SamuraiSam do you know if the current bender will work with the new tc box as is? At worst would it just need a new mp that could be purchased separately?
The new box is being designed with the current Hercules and Bender in mind. No guarantees yet as to the production version as @THC SCIENTIFIC is hard at work in prototype stage right now.

StormyPinkness

Rhymenocerous ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ
Nice, grabbed one of those new core inserts and at long last a bender. My wife will dig it, we have a big gray cat named bender.

One weird thing is the bender doesn't show on the sale list.

StormyPinkness,
Reactions: SamuraiSam

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Bender will not work in TC mode on the new boxes, it just requires to much heat then these boxes cant deliver in TC mode. It will still work in Variable Wattage mode.

Last edited:

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Was I close?

no.

The Omicron is going to be three different models ranging from 900 mah - 2100 mAh, the Persei will be our single battery TC boxes that will be mated to our Kiss Gen 3, and our 8 line will be side loading vaporizers.

On that side note we are working on our glass vaporizers that will take the place of the Minicron Lite, Minicron, and Ophos as well as the Omicron. Just waiting on the last part that makes it capable of running things.

The molds for it are being manufactured as we speak.

virtualpurple

Does anyone have a quick link or some feedback on the use of herbs here? I am poking around here and there but over 1200 pages is a little more intimidating than the average thread. ;)

Appologize if I've missed something right in front of my face! I just don't have any access to concentrates here so I'm always looking for herb function primarily while keeping concentrates in my head should I ever get the opportunity.

virtualpurple,

thegoo

Does anyone have a quick link or some feedback on the use of herbs here? I am poking around here and there but over 1200 pages is a little more intimidating than the average thread. ;)

Appologize if I've missed something right in front of my face! I just don't have any access to concentrates here so I'm always looking for herb function primarily while keeping concentrates in my head should I ever get the opportunity.

http://www.w9tech.com/vaporizers/the-bender-vaporizer-chamber/the-bender-loose-leaf-tobacco-chamber/

bdmonkeyj3w

no.

The Omicron is going to be three different models ranging from 900 mah - 2100 mAh, the Persei will be our single battery TC boxes that will be mated to our Kiss Gen 3, and our 8 line will be side loading vaporizers.

On that side note we are working on our glass vaporizers that will take the place of the Minicron Lite, Minicron, and Ophos as well as the Omicron. Just waiting on the last part that makes it capable of running things.

The molds for it are being manufactured as we speak.

Uhhh.... are the perseis v1-v4 + hammertop style all going extinct? No more lightsabers?

bdmonkeyj3w,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Uhhh.... are the perseis v1-v4 + hammertop style all going extinct? No more lightsabers?

We still have them in stock and will keep selling them and supporting them, but no new ones in production.

Light Sabers are now a collectors items.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

bdmonkeyj3w

What of clumsy fools like me dropping their nibbler xl in the future... will that be out of production as well?

bdmonkeyj3w,

elmoe420

Sadly with the v4 Persei you cannot do lightsaber (2x 18650) mode either due to the new tubes that are used. The SS kit is only for the v1 through v3. While I love my v4 this was the one big disappointment when I got it as a replacement for my v3.

elmoe420,
Reactions: ragnorokk

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Sadly with the v4 Persei you cannot do lightsaber (2x 18650) mode either due to the new tubes that are used. The SS kit is only for the v1 through v3. While I love my v4 this was the one big disappointment when I got it as a replacement for my v3.

may i know which verson tubes your trying to use with the v4 tops so i can try to recreate the issue.

On another side note, i want to clarify that few posts above i mentioned glass vaporizers replacing the minicron lite, minicron, ophos and omicron. The last bit was suppose to be Omicron lite.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: ragnorokk
may i know which verson tubes your trying to use with the v4 tops so i can try to recreate the issue.

On another side note, i want to clarify that few posts above i mentioned glass vaporizers replacing the minicron lite, minicron, ophos and omicron. The last bit was suppose to be Omicron lite.
Very interesting that the lower end stuff and the desktop will all go glass, but the omicron and Persei will just be KISS Gen3.

ragnorokk,

elmoe420

When I sent in my v3 for repair @SamuraiSam indicated that the v4 uses a new tube that was manufactured using a different process. While this yields a better finish it makes the v4 top and it's new tube incompatible with older tops/tubes/SS kit.

Is this not the case? Maybe I misunderstood Sam. He can probably chime in and clarify.

elmoe420,

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
When I sent in my v3 for repair @SamuraiSam indicated that the v4 uses a new tube that was manufactured using a different process. While this yields a better finish it makes the v4 top and it's new tube incompatible with older tops/tubes/SS kit.

Is this not the case? Maybe I misunderstood Sam. He can probably chime in and clarify.
I use my V4 with my ss kit.
Not saying it's right but I do with no problems so far.

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
I'll do my best to explain the issues.

Different Persei and SS tubes were made at different times over the years, and most of these have no compatibility problems whatsoever. We never changed the thread pitch or anything of that nature, but there were varying degrees of perfection on the threading of the SS tubes: a percentage of SS tubes have a very slightly poorer fit due to threading irregularities, and while these kits never had a problem on any V1, V2, or V3 Persei heads, the more precise threading on the V4 Persei tops isn't a good fit with a percentage of SS tubes. Due to the imperfections in the SS kit's threading, when the V4 head is threaded on, the threads can catch and gall, permanently damaging both pieces.

Not all SS tubes are like this and in fact most tubes thread on and work fine. I own a bunch of SS tubes that have no issues threading on the V4 top, my only Shorty tube that has an issue is pictured here. This is where I feel resistance, if I forced this tube to tighten any more and try to take up the gap it would likely irreparably damage the Top and Tube. The chance of this occurring is why we state the V4 top isn't compatible with SS tubes.

6EwzgxIh.jpg

bdmonkeyj3w

my v4 fits my ss tubes from gen 1 just fine... got it as a replacement for my gen 1 top... big disappointment for me is how much i dont like the touch top. im too clumsy to get it out of hammer mode, and it always goes to hammer mode when im tapping out my pulse patterns for kiss gen 3 carts--- if they work.

bdmonkeyj3w,

SamuraiSam

Extraction Technician
@bdmonkeyj3w One technique to avoid hammer mode, if I make deliberate presses instead of quick taps I don't have nearly as many issues with flashing lights or accidental Hammer mode on the V4 top. A half-second pulse shouldn't register as a tap.

If you get into Hammer mode and need to get out, just bring your finger off the sensor completely then hold down. The unit should shut off after a one second hold.

Last edited:
SamuraiSam,
Reactions: stimp_420

elmoe420

Thanks for the additional clarification. I have quite a few tubes at home so I will just go really slow screwing them on and if I feel resistance stop and try another tube.

Top Bottom