Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Understood. You're trapped with two hats, one Engineer, one Artist. That calls for motivation where you find it. And like that fabled goose, we want those golden eggs.

Please don't change 'the secret recipe', whatever you're doing now is working just fine. Go with it.....

OF

Trust me we wont do the coke thing. We gonna stay true to our roots.

BTW the pass through system. Ill let you know a secrete dont tell anyone. Is gonna have a lcd display so you can select your voltage.

OF

BTW the pass through system. Ill let you know a secrete dont tell anyone. Is gonna have a lcd display so you can select your voltage.

Sticking to the knitting is the way reputations are built.

Mum's the word. Not to worry, they'll never catch on.....they're too focused on huge clouds you know....

OF

OF,

kingcrimson

I have a lot I want to post about on here, but not much time at the moment. For now, i just wanted to express my love for this device. After getting over the cartridge hurdle, the persei feels more like medicating than anything Ive tried so far. Its like an asthma enhaler but for my stomach pain - and Im quite happy with how well it works. Its so easy to just pick up, titrate yourself a dose as needed and move on with what you need to be doing. Thanks THC, i feel like ive been waiting on a tool like this for a long time.

OF

Does that mean that the Nail cart requires the Hammer? The Nail cart doesn't have its own heater?

I hope that was just wordplay...

But why would you hope that was not the case before we know any more than it might be? Outside the box thinking might bring a non traditional outcome. Seems to me hitting a dab (low mass) with a larger mass of hot stuff (like Hammer?) might be just the ticket to flash it off? Otherwise, if you don't 'cheat' with preheat you have the problem of needing huge energy to heat very fast.

Seems to me a clever guy might even make the nail self feeding at least a bit?

Anyway, cool, hope for what you want of course. For myself, I hope for the best product THC can offer. Given past products there's reason to hope for a Big Dog to step aside for I'm thinking.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

But why would you hope that was not the case before we know any more than it might be? Outside the box thinking might bring a non traditional outcome. Seems to me hitting a dab (low mass) with a larger mass of hot stuff (like Hammer?) might be just the ticket to flash it off? Otherwise, if you don't 'cheat' with preheat you have the problem of needing huge energy to heat very fast.

Seems to me a clever guy might even make the nail self feeding at least a bit?

Anyway, cool, hope for what you want of course. For myself, I hope for the best product THC can offer. Given past products there's reason to hope for a Big Dog to step aside for I'm thinking.

OF

Don't you remember the video THC had of the prototype nail cart? It was half the size of an omicron cart and he loaded it from the top, put the metal tip on, and vaped away...

JoeKickass,

OF

Don't you remember the video THC had of the prototype nail cart? It was half the size of an omicron cart and he loaded it from the top, put the metal tip on, and vaped away...

No, actually I don't. Nor do I think a prototype always looks like the production version.

Time will tell, but I'm holding out hope for something seriously cutting edge..... You know something that will leave the also rans thrashing about trying to copy?

OF

OF,

OF

Has anybody tried the revolution cart with the Persei?

Good question. I don't have one to try it out, but I'd expect the same performance at six volts as on the Revolution battery, wouldn't you? It would deliver more power at 7.4 Volts, a bit over 19% more 'by the numbers'. But based on my tests of the LV Revolution carts I seriously doubt this level of a change will be all that significant from a user end.

If I had the bucks and the Persei I'd probably have already ordered the regular Revolution cart already.

OF

OF,

JoeKickass

I just had a great idea for the lcd Persei top. Battery Meter. Would come in so handy.

Like have the voltage you are using with the carts in big font and then a little battery gauge up in the corner out of the way somewhere. Would be really useful when I use my unprotected imr batteries, those won't cut out when they get low so you can drain them to dangerous levels if you don't keep an eye on them...

EDIT:
Good question. I don't have one to try it out, but I'd expect the same performance at six volts as on the Revolution battery, wouldn't you? It would deliver more power at 7.4 Volts, a bit over 19% more 'by the numbers'. But based on my tests of the LV Revolution carts I seriously doubt this level of a change will be all that significant from a user end.

If I had the bucks and the Persei I'd probably have already ordered the regular Revolution cart already.

OF
Your post inspired me to look at the revolution thread which you seem to be pretty active in as well, do you have any experience with these?
http://thermovape.com/collections/r.../thermovape-revolution-with-universal-adapter
http://www.innovapor.com/apex-alpha...tomizers/apex-vapor-high-resistance-atomizer/
Would you recommend the one without the window?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
well your in luck as there is a battery meter, it will also show you amps, voltage, and ohms, meaning it will test your cartridges.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

MX1

I bought my Persei plus 5 additional 4 ohm cartridges on the first day when it came out. I filled one cartridge with Pure Gold.

Like several other people have already reported, even after 30-40 hits the vapor tastes and smells like burned engine oil. Why is that? Does anybody know where this taste is coming from? What exactly is causing this taste?

Could there be any health concerns inhaling that stuff? It doesn't taste great, but I am even more worried about the health impact since I don't know what I am inhaling here.

Could it be soldering flux? I hope not. I am not going to use it anymore until there is more information available about this issue.

MX1,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I bought my Persei plus 5 additional 4 ohm cartridges on the first day when it came out. I filled one cartridge with Pure Gold.

Like several other people have already reported, even after 30-40 hits the vapor tastes and smells like burned engine oil. Why is that? Does anybody know where this taste is coming from? What exactly is causing this taste?

Could there be any health concerns inhaling that stuff? It doesn't taste great, but I am even more worried about the health impact since I don't know what I am inhaling here.

Could it be soldering flux? I hope not. I am not going to use it anymore until there is more information available about this issue.

Can you submit a ticket please include your order number.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

After 30-40 hits on pure gold the 1/2 gram is probably gone and your running low.

I have found PG lasts the least amount of time and gives the biggest hits on the omicron with 2.4 carts.

using something higher power with that concentrate seems like overkill...

I am finding earwax works very well with the persei in 4 ohm carts

also try modulating the button. I can really get much better flavor by modulating the button gently instead of just mashing it the whole time. The Persei has so much power compared to the omicron.

ru_frothi,

The_Reckoning

Hello, thanks to THC Scientific, and everyone involved for innovating and creating awesome products. I own an Omicron, as well as the Persei(fried two of the 5ohms trying to prime) love both of them, and thanks to the fine members of this forum for adding their knowledge to the pool. It's made the learning curve much less steep.

I do have an issue with my Persei, single top that I am trying to figure out. It works fine with the 3.7v battery, and a 2.4ohm cart, but when I put the 7.4v batteries in, nothing, no light, etc. until I unscrew the cart, then it lights up. Any ideas?

The_Reckoning,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hello, thanks to THC Scientific, and everyone involved for innovating and creating awesome products. I own an Omicron, as well as the Persei(fried two of the 5ohms trying to prime) love both of them, and thanks to the fine members of this forum for adding their knowledge to the pool. It's made the learning curve much less steep.

I do have an issue with my Persei, single top that I am trying to figure out. It works fine with the 3.7v battery, and a 2.4ohm cart, but when I put the 7.4v batteries in, nothing, no light, etc. until I unscrew the cart, then it lights up. Any ideas?

what ohm cart?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist

sounds like short in the cart to me on the 7.4V issue.

seems like there is a fair amount of danger priming at high voltages.

I was scared of frying em at 7.4v. 3.7v was taking forever so I resorted to the old heat the cart and roll between your fingers and instant prime.

In general when filling all my carts if its not priming within a few presses I use gentle heat and get the concentrate more settled down.

good luck

ru_frothi,

The_Reckoning

This is with the 2.4ohm cart. I have tried 4 different carts, same issue. But if I pop in the 3.7v battery, they fire up like normal. I know 2.4ohm isn't recommended with 7.4v, Just wanted to give it a try, as the 5ohms that came with my Persei are both cold, and I am ordering more.

Edit: tried out the double top, and it has the same issue. So it may be an issue with my carts? Dunno

The_Reckoning,

JoeKickass

This is with the 2.4ohm cart. I have tried 4 different carts, same issue. But if I pop in the 3.7v battery, they fire up like normal. I know 2.4ohm isn't recommended with 7.4v, Just wanted to give it a try, as the 5ohms that came with my Persei are both cold, and I am ordering more.

Edit: tried out the double top, and it has the same issue. So it may be an issue with my carts? Dunno

I had a bad 18350 battery that would light the button but turn off when it was pushed, maybe a bad pcb on the battery?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer

Does your unit have a number on it?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

After 30-40 hits on pure gold the 1/2 gram is probably gone and your running low.

I have found PG lasts the least amount of time and gives the biggest hits on the omicron with 2.4 carts.

using something higher power with that concentrate seems like overkill...

Wow! Half a gram in 30 or 40 hits? I guess that could well be, given the way it feeds so easy and the higher power. I too had noticed it delivers heavy hits in the Omicron, I guess under a lot more power that gets a lot bigger. That's a lot of THC per hit isn't it? Like 10 mg per hit. Of course it's also a dollar a hit. At say 50% absorption that should put the average guy under the influence in half a toke or so? Serious stuff. No wonder it comes with a warning.

OF

OF,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
^ yeah, the body, as well as each of the tops are marked '95'

Ok so let me get this straight the top won't work on 7.4v but will on 3.0c can you try the double top on 3.7 and 7.4? With cartridges on and without?

This will help us in finding out if bad top or bad battery.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Top Bottom