Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

The_Reckoning

Yeah, everything works as it should, when powered with the (3.7v)18650 trust fire, but when I put in the (7.4v)18350s it no longer works with either top, and 2.4ohm carts.

I just tried putting one of the (dead)5 ohm carts on the single top at 7.4, and the light goes on. Puzzling

The_Reckoning,

The_Reckoning

Ok bad battery. Submit a ticket and we will take care of it.

Thanks, but sadly, I purchased my persei from eBay, before I saw the warning on your site. Good to know what the problem is though, thanks for your time.

All future purchases will definitely be directly through your site. Lesson learned.

The_Reckoning,

JoeKickass

Thanks, but sadly, I purchased my persei from eBay, before I saw the warning on your site. Good to know what the problem is though, thanks for your time.

All future purchases will definitely be directly through your site. Lesson learned.

I'm not positive but since your problem is just the battery not the top I think THC was going to be nice and just send you one. Never hurts to try and just say please :)

JoeKickass,

OF

I'm not positive but since your problem is just the battery not the top I think THC was going to be nice and just send you one. Never hurts to try and just say please :)

I'm with JKA here. We all understand where the battery came from and why it's a problem. I can't see this impacting THC's conflict with underhanded dealers who would violate their contract with the maker on one side and leave their customers out to dry on the other.

I'll be more than a little surprised if it doesn't turn out to not be an issue. Is that about the right number of negatives to make an English teacher have a stroke?

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Wow! Half a gram in 30 or 40 hits? I guess that could well be, given the way it feeds so easy and the higher power. I too had noticed it delivers heavy hits in the Omicron, I guess under a lot more power that gets a lot bigger. That's a lot of THC per hit isn't it? Like 10 mg per hit. Of course it's also a dollar a hit. At say 50% absorption that should put the average guy under the influence in half a toke or so? Serious stuff. No wonder it comes with a warning.

OF

yes its so liquid it doen't need much heat.

i'm very confident in those numbers as I just finished 5 grams worth.

I take two-three hits and put it down versus 10-15 on earwax

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer

Mr Ruf where you able to get a handle on your Persei? is everything working for you?

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

Thanks very much for the additional information. I don't doubt it, it just catches me a bit by surprise. If my math is right I'm sure that the 20 or 30 mg of THC involved would convince me to put it down too....carefully and right now.....

Then again, I'm not sure I ever got over the guy with his seven gram blunts.

Great food for thought. Thanks again.

OF

OF,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Mr Ruf where you able to get a handle on your Persei? is everything working for you?

I'm back out of town again so the discovery of the Persei is on hold till I return. But yes its working but I still have issues and concerns and I am working through.

Mostly around the double top and all the problems its creates and causes. I've yet to get a bigger hit really out of the dual then I can out of the single because I can get a decent seal to draw on it. The tip situation makes this thing unusable IMO.

JoeKickass

I'm back out of town again so the discovery of the Persei is on hold till I return. But yes its working but I still have issues and concerns and I am working through.

Mostly around the double top and all the problems its creates and causes. I've yet to get a bigger hit really out of the dual then I can out of the single because I can get a decent seal to draw on it. The tip situation makes this thing unusable IMO.

Some tips for effective double cart use:

- Use high power carts that have very few clogs or airflow issues
- I use no mouthpieces, just lips around the steel but it can get messy
- Hit each cart individually first to make sure they act similar and to get a feel for how to draw
- Hit the double cart with increased suction, then clear clogs out of each cart individually

It's very hard to clear a clog while you hit two carts at once so you really want properly primed carts that will give you the least trouble and tend to blast their own way through clogs

JoeKickass,

Letrab

Deep Sea Lurking
It's very hard to clear a clog while you hit two carts at once...

This is something I have been think about whenever people ask for a connected (sealed) double tip. As soon as one clogs you have a real issue. It is best to be able to, at the very least, tongue-seal the OK cart and pop the clog.

JoeKickass

This is something I have been think about whenever people ask for a connected (sealed) double tip. As soon as one clogs you have a real issue. It is best to be able to, at the very least, tongue-seal the OK cart and pop the clog.

Hmm I didn't think about that aspect of the new mouthpiece. I hope it has some kind of divided final output so you can draw on one cart or the other if you want... maybe something like this:
|||​
/ | \​
| | |​
where it's like two mouthpieces fused together, so you can do one or the other but it's small enough to fit them both in your lips and have a good seal

JoeKickass,

Limosnero

Someone I know had a problem with a cart (clogged or not hitting correctly), he heated it up and reclaimed about .5 grams of wax. He then "hot hit" the wax in a oil pipe and it started popping/crackling. He wanted me to post this and ask if there are oils left in the carts after manufacturing? He is concerned that vaping these oils will be a health risk. BTW, same wax did not have any problems pre-cart.

Limosnero,

JoeKickass

Someone I know had a problem with a cart (clogged or not hitting correctly), he heated it up and reclaimed about .5 grams of wax. He then "hot hit" the wax in a oil pipe and it started popping/crackling. He wanted me to post this and ask if there are oils left in the carts after manufacturing? He is concerned that vaping these oils will be a health risk. BTW, same wax did not have any problems pre-cart.

The tiny amount of manufacturing oil that might be on the heater is dwarfed by the amount of wax/bho we put in the cart. More than likely the wax separated or boiled down or something over the course of heating it constantly in the cart. You vaporize the thc but concentrate the impurities in the remaining oil...

JoeKickass,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Some tips for effective double cart use:

- Use high power carts that have very few clogs or airflow issues
- I use no mouthpieces, just lips around the steel but it can get messy
- Hit each cart individually first to make sure they act similar and to get a feel for how to draw
- Hit the double cart with increased suction, then clear clogs out of each cart individually

It's very hard to clear a clog while you hit two carts at once so you really want properly primed carts that will give you the least trouble and tend to blast their own way through clogs

Thanks man

I appreciate the info, those are certainly good tips...

I have two totally clear flowing carts on there now with no tips and I can easily remove one cart and get pretty much the same hit. Double top just seems like a 1/2 baked idea in the current form....

I figured out the priming the hard way after the first disaster. That's part of my gripe. Again, none of this is explained anywhere by THC. We are left to figure this stuff out ourselves and waste time and product. I accepted this with the Omicron but I take issue with the poor documentation with the Persei. I expected better this time around. At least it has a manual but its very lacking.

On the subject of tips:

If the tip is single hole the easiest way to prime, would seem to be to just to remove the tip and unscrew a cart and prime em one at a time....

I found if you prime them both attached that can be a big disaster.

My first test, I tried two carts with different extracts. I think one of the problems was one cart primed quickly. The other cart took a lot longer to clear/prime and by the time I cleared the 2nd cart the 1st cart was completely flooded and leaking out the bottom. It seems safer to just remove one cart and prime em one at time. again 1/2 baked IMO. Why not just double size the cart and use just one of them. much simpler, same result but then THC would have to build another SKU.

I do enjoy the Persei but its not a game changer like the Omicron. At least with the current selection of attachments. I have high hopes on some of the coming releases.

I need to get busy and get the Persei Wiki updated. still have a ton of work to do to fix the Omicron and Solo article issues caused by the forum migration.

ru_frothi,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks man

I have two totally clear flowing carts on there now with no tips and I can easily remove one cart and get pretty much the same hit. Double top just seems like a 1/2 baked idea in the current form....

I figured out the priming the hard way after the first disaster. That's part of my gripe. Again, none of this is explained anywhere by THC. We are left to figure this stuff out ourselves and waste time and product. I accepted this with the Omicron but I take issue with the poor documentation with the Persei. I expected better this time around. At least it has a manual but its very lacking.

On the subject of tips:

If the tip is single hole the easiest way to prime, would seem to be to just to remove the tip and unscrew a cart and prime em one at a time....

My first test, I tried two carts with different extracts. I think one of the problems was one cart primed quickly. The other cart took a lot longer to clear/prime and by the time I cleared the 2nd cart the 1st cart was completely flooded and leaking out the bottom. It seems safer to just remove one cart and prime em one at time. again 1/2 baked IMO. Why not just double size the cart and use just one of them. much simpler, same result but then THC would have to build another SKU.

I do enjoy the Persei but its not a game changer like the Omicron. At least with the current selection of attachments. I have high hopes on some of the coming releases.

I need to get busy and get the Persei Wiki updated. still have a ton of work to do to fix the Omicron and Solo article issues caused by the forum migration.

Yes we understand Ruf and we are trying to include everything in the manual, we just never took account for 2 different oils, and both barrels being primed at the same time.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Thanks man

On the subject of tips:

I have to disagree about the double top. Although a Y style tip needs to be put out(maybe pinchable rubber so each side could be isolated), I find the double top puts out much larger hits with just a 3 second push as opposed to 2 5 sec pushes with a single. Maybe I have big lips so covering both tips might be easier. I wouldn't prime 2 carts at the same time. I prime mine with slight heat on the top half of cart, and then put it on 3.7 single right away, and haven't had a problem since I started priming at 3.7. You also need to remember that there was a huge warning"TOMV" "will leak and clog if not used properly"... It's the nature of the beast. Just my 2 cents.

To LIMO: joe is right, a little oil taste at first is normal(2-3 hits witch I don't inhale). Anymore isn't right, and is a malfunctioning cleaning machine post production. Hopefully the problem has been fixed, because in 5 months I've ordered 17 carts and 8(7 were replaced...thanks THC and PV) have been "Dirty" carts, and haven't even filled(tested 4 of them). Joe is right also that the oil sitting and getting heated forever off and on in a cart, the properties may change. I would say that .5 reclaim is fine if it tastes good... You can really taste it if it is contaminated. Just my opinion, I would think a medical grade device, should come with no residual machine oil in it(I suppose a little may be needed to keep oxidation away).

In the end, I find the positives far outway the negatives as long as I start getting a better ratio of good cart to dirty ones(80 to 90% isnt to much to ask).

Last thing, I've been running a single cart 4 ohm at 7.4 v with an "eye dropper" tip through my M420 Incredibowl(9 inch fumu tube), and it gives bigger hits than I could ever handle(3 or 4 5sec button holds). Very cool vapor, and the expansion seems to make it absorb in the lungs really quick(almost no cloud after just holding for 5 to 8 seconds).
THC, keep rockin' man... This thing is awesome, and only going to get better.

havealight101,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Guys the issue has been solved. Just a few cartridges that are still left in the packages, we are going through all of them tomorrow to make sure all is right.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
THC, I still have those 2 carts I need to claim when I place another order(probably Omi V2), and I still need to place an ticket on the Blue 18650 batt. I was thinking though, I have a couple buddies in Denver that are bored with their atmos-rx and need to see the "Light". One of the actually mixes oil with water somehow and puts it in atmos carts... I know fffed up huh. So could I have those two sent to them with a filling tool(ill buy), and we can add my battery ticket to a later order of mine. Who knows, it might drum up some good business for you, as one of them manages a dispensery for a company that has 3 retail locations(I've been their, they sell atmos)

havealight101,

2clicker

Observer
Double top just seems like a 1/2 baked idea in the current form

this is something that ive wondered about as well. 7.4V only can produce so much power. so that power is then being split into 2 carts... so doesnt that mean that each cart is getting 3.7V each?

2clicker,
this is something that ive wondered about as well. 7.4V only can produce so much power. so that power is then being split into 2 carts... so doesnt that mean that each cart is getting 3.7V each?

I don't know all the electrical tech, maybe THC can chime in. I doubt it gets 7.4, but I also higjly doubt it draws it all the way to 3.7.
Where is OF when you need him.

havealight101,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Actually the way i understand it is this, take 2x5 ohms and run it off one battery and you will get 2.5 ohms. Doubles the watts and current, how its divided between cartridges well thats for our engineers to explain.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

OF

I don't know all the electrical tech, maybe THC can chime in. I doubt it gets 7.4, but I also higjly doubt it draws it all the way to 3.7.
Where is OF when you need him.

Right here, coach, send me in.....I don't need any headgear for just one play.....

Not to worry, the two carts are in parallel. They each have their own independent circuit like the headlights on your car. Each is independent of the other, the battery supplies power to both but only one or the other with each electron, not both like a series circuit.

What will happen is the battery will 'sag' more. If you put a heavy load (and even a single cart counts here) the internal resistance we can do noting about except buy better batteries causes a voltage drop. The voltage 'sags' from say 7.4 to 7.2 Volts. That .2 Volts means that small part of the power (.2 parts of the 7.4 we started with) shows up in the battery (making it hot) not the load (making vapor for us). The second cart will basically double that loss (cutting the power to the first some in the process).

So like your car, turning on more and more lights (when the motor is off) will make them get dimmer (if the battery is weak, meaning that internal resistance has gone up this is more extreme until you end up in the dark). However each light gets 'full voltage'.

OF

IMAG0599.jpg

IMAG0601.jpg

Vapor shots!

Right here, coach, send me in.....I don't need any headgear for just one play.....

Not to worry, the two carts are in parallel. They each have their own independent circuit like the headlights on your car. Each is independent of the other, the battery supplies power to both but only one or the other with each electron, not both like a series circuit.

What will happen is the battery will 'sag' more. If you put a heavy load (and even a single cart counts here) the internal resistance we can do noting about except buy better batteries causes a voltage drop. The voltage 'sags' from say 7.4 to 7.2 Volts. That .2 Volts means that small part of the power (.2 parts of the 7.4 we started with) shows up in the battery (making it hot) not the load (making vapor for us). The second cart will basically double that loss (cutting the power to the first some in the process).

So like your car, turning on more and more lights (when the motor is off) will make them get dimmer (if the battery is weak, meaning that internal resistance has gone up this is more extreme until you end up in the dark). However each light gets 'full voltage'.

OF

Thank god(or who ever) you came... I almost had to break out the "Bat Light".
I was thinking of your car lights idea... If you blast your subs and A/C, the lights can dim plenty, but definatly not half power.

havealight101,
Top Bottom