Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

bluesurfboy

yes it has a large 3.7 batt for running like an omi v1/2.
then use a 1.5 or 2.4 ohm cart and it's equivalent

ok, i really dont know why ive even been debating between the two for this long, its persei over the omicron hands down. ...this was my original thought but just wasnt sure because most people are just talking about running the 4 and 5 ohm carts and not much talk about runing the other set up.

Aside from size convenience of v1, it seems that persei is better in every way and can do all that and more? (unless i am missing something, this thread and )

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right
More testing using 6v Persei

Cart #3—Blue Dream Wax (.7g)
Easy fill. No priming needed. Strong vapor no additional tastes.

Cart #4—GDP X Wax (.8g)
Easy fill. First one that needed some priming, but only a couple of times. Then strong vapor like the others.

Sinclue,

Sinclue

ok, i really dont know why ive even been debating between the two for this long, its persei over the omicron hands down. ...this was my original thought but just wasnt sure because most people are just talking about running the 4 and 5 ohm carts and not much talk about runing the other set up.

Aside from size convenience of v1, it seems that persei is better in every way and can do all that and more? (unless i am missing something, this thread and )

Ok, to mess with your head a bit the V2 is getting a 7.4v upgrade very soon so you'll be able to use all carts with the V2 and have its smaller profile.

Per @THC (from Omicron thread)the upgrade will include:
1 x 7.4v top. Beefed up water proof top.
1 x Custom bottom cap for 7.4v option
2 x 14250 batteries
1 x Short Omicron Tube ( this will turn the omicron to a short vape, you need original v2 cap )

VAPORIZER22

Thank You! This was a great help, i did not know about northstar, i will definitely have to give them a try, also have you heard of or been to doctors orders? there online menu on weedmaps seems to have quite a selection of waxes ranging from 35-50, have you tried any of these?

Thank you it is helpful to know (oil, honey, Budder, or Wax (aka EarWax))

Also i've read on this thread people saying the persei burns off PG too fast with 7.4 and 4 ohm carts. I think i read but not completley sure, a way to configure the persei to run just like a v1/2 would (as far as volt and resistances?)

I have not been to dr.'s orders in a few years. Was actually the first place I visited. From my experience, North Star and El Camino have more of a selection of both flowers and concentrates that are really good.

bluesurfboy

Ok, to mess with your head a bit the V2 is getting a 7.4v upgrade very soon so you'll be able to use all carts with the V2 and have its smaller profile.

Per @THC (from Omicron thread)the upgrade will include:
1 x 7.4v top. Beefed up water proof top.
1 x Custom bottom cap for 7.4v option
2 x 14250 batteries
1 x Short Omicron Tube ( this will turn the omicron to a short vape, you need original v2 cap )

OH yeah, now i remember! (DOH *hits head against wall*)
-but then isnt is really just the same approx costs (persei vs v2 w/ 7.4v upgrade)
-just without dual cart capability?
-short cart?

bluesurfboy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
-but then isnt is really just the same ....
-just without dual cart capability?
essentially, yes, except...persei is coming w/ attachments that will only work on the persei.
and i believe (don't quote me) that the bigger batteries of the persei have longer life than
the ones for the omi v/2/2.5 do.

EDIT *
i.e. lcd top, large herb cart (v2 has one in development too, look up universe thread on fc),
it will have the hammer and passthru first i believe as well

Bob Loblaw,

Sinclue

Persei more of a "home" unit.
V2 for on the road, but can also be a home unit.

I don't get the need for dual carts. One does it for me. Do you drink two bottle of beer at the same time?

Not sure what you mean by "short cart". Herb carts in the future for both models I believe.

JoeKickass

Persei more of a "home" unit.
V2 for on the road, but can also be a home unit.

I don't get the need for dual carts. One does it for me. Do you drink two bottle of beer at the same time?

Not sure what you mean by "short cart". Herb carts in the future for both models I believe.

I have to agree, although I love the idea of a dual top every time I use it I find one cart quickly clogs before the other and I just end up going back to a single cart. I think the dual top really only shines with two wax carts...

Sinclue

The solution is obvious...get them both!

Failing that I'd go with the Persei if you had to choose one. I have the V1, V2, and the Persei and if I had to pick just one it would be the Persei. The base fits(hides) nicely in my hand and the cart top is the same profile no matter which one you choose. Plus it seems as if most R&D is going in the Persei direction with some trickle down to the V2 platform.

bluesurfboy

essentially, yes, except...persei is coming w/ attachments that will only work on the persei.
and i believe (don't quote me) that the bigger batteries of the persei have longer life than
the ones for the omi v/2/2.5 do.

EDIT *
i.e. lcd top, large herb cart (v2 has one in development too, look up universe thread on fc),
it will have the hammer and passthru first i believe as well

I gotcha, so longterm persei, but as far as development v2 is gonna get the herb cart lovin first? ...meaning universe will only be for v2? and separate note, I thought the hammer (for nail cart) was for the persei?)

I have not been to dr.'s orders in a few years. Was actually the first place I visited. From my experience, North Star and El Camino have more of a selection of both flowers and concentrates that are really good.

Thank you, I will give northstar a shot, they are closer to me anyways (im in south sac) Also, my buddy also said a similar thing, he used to love doctors orders when he went there but its been so long (ill let you know if i end up checking that place out and let you know.

The solution is obvious...get them both!

And yes, ultimately, assuming the first unit i purchase works well and according to my needs, i will definitely be doing both or maybe even all 3- (I really like the size of v1 or o-phos unit most.)

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
I gotcha, so longterm persei, but as far as development v2 is gonna get the herb cart lovin first? ...meaning universe will only be for v2? and separate note, I thought the hammer (for nail cart) was for the persei?)

release dates haven't been....released, ahem, yet.
hammer/passthru/lcd, will b 4 persei. if can be retrofitted, they will. or so thc has said.
as the herb cart pics and vids for the persei were released first i would guess that it
will be released first, but you know what assuming gets ya

Bob Loblaw,
"Persei more of a "home"unit."
I agree, but only when compared to V1/V2/TVT1. Nearly every other portable is same size or larger.

havealight101,

bluesurfboy

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys the Persei will have the 8 chamber, the lcd top, the double top, maybe lcd double top, pass through, the hammer, and other things we might do.

The Omicron v2 will get the herb cart, pass through, the hammer, and some other things i can think of later if we can.

The Centauri will get the herb cart only for home use with pass through system. The pass through system, and the hammer only with the pass through system.

SlideOrDie

Guys the Persei will have the 8 chamber, the lcd top, the double top, maybe lcd double top, pass through, the hammer, and other things we might do.

The Omicron v2 will get the herb cart, pass through, the hammer, and some other things i can think of later if we can.

The Centauri will get the herb cart only for home use with pass through system. The pass through system, and the hammer only with the pass through system.

Will the herb carts work on the Persei?

What about the Universe Adapter?

SlideOrDie,

J D

ETA on those attachments? The only reason i havent bought one yet is because i want that nail cart when i get it. Not a big fan of the current carts. Their cool and everything, im just lazy. Personal preference.

J D,
Top Bottom