Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
We are going to be at the festival, come check us out.

DGF1.jpg

DGF2.jpg

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

So I filled my second test cart with another gram of oil and started to see some signs of slowing down. It is also clogging quite frequently and if I try to pull it clear the whole oil mass starts to bubble up. No leaking out the bottom but maybe it would be if I wan't pulling it up?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
So I filled my second test cart with another gram of oil and started to see some signs of slowing down. It is also clogging quite frequently and if I try to pull it clear the whole oil mass starts to bubble up. No leaking out the bottom but maybe it would be if I wan't pulling it up?

The clogging issue is common and we should have it fixed on the next version which we are working on.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

JoeKickass

The clogging issue is common and we should have it fixed on the next version which we are working on.

Yeah I notice it worst with cheap oils but even a really nice wax will gather a little blob of concentrate in the airtube by the end of the gram. I combat this by trying to keep it all coming out the top but it sounds like there are other approaches?

JoeKickass,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Yeah I notice it worst with cheap oils but even a really nice wax will gather a little blob of concentrate in the airtube by the end of the gram. I combat this by trying to keep it all coming out the top but it sounds like there are other approaches?

Yes we have a new design that we are working on, just making the parts for it because they are all custom and do not exist we have to keep doing this until it works. Just takes time boss.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
I have been loading only .5 of a gram to test, or any time for that matter, and getting good results.

I agree, I started this 2 weeks ago. I go .6-.7 max and have had food results. I don't have tester carts till tomorrow, but have been extensivly pre-oxidizing(but slow) my carts. I have had much better results in all places:clogs,leaks,and taste. I'm ready to start testing tomorrow...NYSD... :)

havealight101,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
guys can you try something load only .5 at a time, lets see if this solves clogging to a degree.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
I only get the occasional "plug" clog on a cold cart, a little oil gets over the airway, until I warm it a few seconds and "pop" it with a quick inhale. Nothing worse than that so far, and no real leaks so far with any of mine, but again I only load .5 at a time...so there you go.

jambandphan03,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

bluesurfboy

What are ya'll loading in your carts? I am seeing people use waxes and oils mostly, a club by me also does full melts for a decent price.

What are the differences in effect, taste, ease of use.

Also, beginner question but how can you tell from the menu if it is hash oil (I've looked on a few different menus and they indicate bubble hash, kief, melt, and wax, but havent seen oil in more than one or two places, is it just that hard to come by?

bluesurfboy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
What are ya'll loading in your carts? I am seeing people use waxes and oils mostly, a club by me also does full melts for a decent price.

What are the differences in effect, taste, ease of use.

Also, beginner question but how can you tell from the menu if it is hash oil (I've looked on a few different menus and they indicate bubble hash, kief, melt, and wax, but havent seen oil in more than one or two places, is it just that hard to come by?
wax is oil

Bob Loblaw,

bluesurfboy

I see, thanks for the info and your right it all depends on what kind of oil you have since co2,bho,hho,eho, is all different consistency and concentrate. That's would be awesome if we had a whole wiki for what type of oils work with what voltage and ohm's the best. I think if enough people input their feedback that it would be an awesome place to go for information.
+1

JoeKickass

So is there a good way to tell from club menus? also most clubs wont talk about anything over the phone?

What city are you in? Can you get to:

Oakland: Harborside Health Center

San Jose: Elemental Wellness & Harborside Health Center (San Jose)

San Francisco: San Francisco Patient and Resource Center (SPARC)

killed my first cart.... interesting it still gets hot just doesnt produce vapor. deceiving

I've had some like that, it's bizarre because sometimes you can even draw air though it...

JoeKickass,

bluesurfboy

What city are you in? Can you get to:

Oakland: Harborside Health Center

San Jose: Elemental Wellness & Harborside Health Center (San Jose)

San Francisco: San Francisco Patient and Resource Center (SPARC)

...I COULD get to those, but 2 - 2.5 hours drive from where i am in South Sacramento (Elk Grove area)

ill be checking in at the other side of town tonight.

I guess what i'd really like to know is "what to look for" and "what to avoid"
-so far it seems that bubble hash and kief should be avoided but all other hashes/concentrates ok?

bluesurfboy,

VAPORIZER22

Check out North Star and El Camino Wellness if you are in Sac. NS has really nice high quality wax. Right now they have about 8-10 different strains. El Camino carries wax and has a bit more oils that work great and also carry pure gold. Both places have a menu on their websites.

VAPORIZER22,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

What you want is something that leaves virtually no residue. So no cold water extraction hash, or any solid type hash.

Look for something that will be called Oil, Honey, Budder, or Wax (aka EarWax). All melt down completely. Pure Gold is great ($40 for 1/2g), but not really for beginners as it really needs some special handling.

No reason not to take your device with you and show it to them. Chances are they are familiar with it (or the process) and that can help them guide you.

bluesurfboy

Check out North Star and El Camino Wellness if you are in Sac. NS has really nice high quality wax. Right now they have about 8-10 different strains. El Camino carries wax and has a bit more oils that work great and also carry pure gold. Both places have a menu on their websites.

Thank You! This was a great help, i did not know about northstar, i will definitely have to give them a try, also have you heard of or been to doctors orders? there online menu on weedmaps seems to have quite a selection of waxes ranging from 35-50, have you tried any of these?

What you want is something that leaves virtually no residue. S no cold water extraction hash, or any solid type hash.

Look for something that will be called Oil, Honey, Budder, or Wax (aka EarWax). All melt down completely. Pure Gold is great ($40 for 1/2g), but not really for beginners as it really needs some special handling.

No reason not to take your device with you and show it to them. Chances are they are familiar with it (or the process) and that can help them guide you.

Thank you it is helpful to know (oil, honey, Budder, or Wax (aka EarWax))

Also i've read on this thread people saying the persei burns off PG too fast with 7.4 and 4 ohm carts. I think i read but not completley sure, a way to configure the persei to run just like a v1/2 would (as far as volt and resistances?)

bluesurfboy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Also i've read on this thread people saying the persei burns off PG too fast with 7.4 and 4 ohm carts. I think i read but not completley sure, a way to configure the persei to run just like a v1/2 would (as far as volt and resistances?)

yes it has a large 3.7 batt for running like an omi v1/2.
then use a 1.5 or 2.4 ohm cart and it's equivalent

Bob Loblaw,

Sinclue

OK disagree with me, I can't force you to be right

You can use the 3.7v battery and 1.5, 2.4, and 3.0 ohm carts. Seriously though, I'd do my experimenting with other stuff first before trying the PG. Its expensive stuff to be experimenting with.

Top Bottom