Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Even if I already paid for mine? I still have to wait ?

If it's paid for then they are all responsible to get you one my friend. I don't deal with that side anymore. I'm in R&D and occasional pissing contest.

@Caligula

Will get you the correct temps once i get back to the office tomorrow as all my notes are there.

Last edited:

Caligula

Maximus
Well then R&D me some rods to try! Heh. On a serious note though, I think a majority of flavor degradation issues are caused by over heating and would like to try a lower temp rod. I'll have to wait till tomorrow so see numbers. Is this blue rod any good for erl?

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Well then R&D me some rods to try! Heh. On a serious note though, I think a majority of flavor degradation issues are caused by over heating and would like to try a lower temp rod. I'll have to wait till tomorrow so see numbers. Is this blue rod any good for erl?

Actually the blue rod isn't good for oils. The black rod is perfect for oils. The white is just simply designed to vaporize half grams at a time.

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
I have 2 reasons:
1) One of the MAJOR points to the original Cloud was the qwest to keep everything out of the airpath(Taste and health reasons), ala All Glass airpath(although you do use a stainless mesh bowl for those who would've pointed that out). By running it thru a tube that possibly collects moisture and spittle and vapor and dust, not to mention the loss of flavor, to me that is a downgrade. Same as trying to make the Cloud, blow up bags, IMO. Thats not what it was intended for, will it work, yes. But in a downgraded fashion. We're not discussing people who for medical reasons need a whip or a bag to medicate. I love the VXH Cloud/Evo, but would never recommend to someone with those particular needs. Other devices do whip and bags better than a knocked down Cloud/Evo would,IMO.
2) I could better use my meds by using a nail/skillet and glass piece, than my pen/tubing/glass piece. If it's all you have then hey, I guess it's not a downgrade, it's making due with what you've got(Stoner-McGyver mentality we all have/had). But other than that, TO ME, it's novelty at best.

For the record, I did say I'm a vapor snob.
I have had a cloud and a vivape which used both the silcone vaporfection whip and the SSV whips. The taste was basically the same but the vivape was definitely a little better tasting. So If you have the right equipment, whips should not alter or change any taste
So the red rod = white rod? If I'm looking for maximum flavor out of concentrates, which rod should I pick? Sounds like black or blue?

You want the black rod. By far the best taste ive ever gotten out of any oil vaporizer ever. Like ive said many times, i got the hercules and white rod as a backup to my cera. The cera eo and white rod basically produce the same results and if i only had the white rod it would probably still be mybackup. Althoughthe white rod does melt concentrates into the coil much easier than melting into the ceramic of Cera.

Once i got the black rod though it has become my go to vape, and ibarely use my cera now.
The black rods are almost ready guys. With that said the black rods are in a higher league, everyone just says the flavor is so rich with terpenes it brings out the full flavor of the oils.

"I have the top 5 pen vaporizers on the market and they can't match the taste of the black rod"

I use a nail all day every day with the black rod Herc, my nail rig has not received the same love."

"It simply won't match a nail in cloud size but it's the closest thing I have gotten from all these oil vaporizers, oh ya the taste is just better"

Feedback from a few beta black rod testers.

Get ready guys cuz once this hits with the AAF should eliminate 99% of user caused leaks and that's all she wrote.

Just one more testimonial to add:

I have never used anything with oil that tastes as good as the black rod and is as easy to load, use and clean. While still producing consistant results. While i wasnt getting huge nail sized hits originally after a few weeks of testing it i can now achieve huge lungbusting nail sized hits that still taste better than anything ive ever used. And no burnt oil whatsoever. And also no left over black crap that stays behind even with cleaning/iso (cera/dart)

Ive also been playing around with not cooling it down, and storing it upright and assembled and NO leaks so far!
I'm interested in this blue rod. You say its more herb friendly? How is it with oils? Can you post up Max temps for each color rod? @THC SCIENTIFIC
Actually the blue rod isn't good for oils. The black rod is perfect for oils. The white is just simply designed to vaporize half grams at a time.
The blue rod can work with oils if you mix it/sandwhich it between herbs with no coil. But for oil it works no where near as well as the white rod with oil or herbs/oils and the black rod for just oils
More below

The blue rod is more herb friendly. But for me, atm i would not recommend it. With just herbs i need to preheat for at least a minute and then slowly start puffing and pulsing. That gets me about two good sized hits but then the rest are always whispy. It does work greatthou if you mix in a little oil, but if you have the white rod then thats basically pointless and i would say hold out for the black rod. unless you really wanna do more herbs than oil thats the only advantage of the blue rod over the white rod at the moment. If you wanna do just herbs i would wait for the Iris so you can unlock the full potential of the blue rod

Last edited:

masaki

I just ordered my persei!! Can someone point me in the direction to vape herbs with it. I'm looking at getting the hercules sr-71. I can't find any videos of anyone vaping herb with it. Can someone help me with my noob question please :))

SlinginPaint

As Above ∞ So Below
I just ordered my persei!! Can someone point me in the direction to vape herbs with it. I'm looking at getting the hercules sr-71. I can't find any videos of anyone vaping herb with it. Can someone help me with my noob question please :))

Nothing new but I figured now's a good time to post Bender video I had made.
Hope you all enjoy it.
I certainly enjoyed its tasty delicious vapor.

The Bender is what you want.http://www.w9tech.com/bender-acc/

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I just got my Persei and Hercules today, but I'm having some trouble getting it running. When I screw it in to the persei top, with two 18350 batteries I get three blinks when I press the button. My other carts don't do it, they run fine. I don't see anything about it in the manual either. Any tips from experienced owners?

CentiZen,

thevaf

I just got my Persei and Hercules today, but I'm having some trouble getting it running. When I screw it in to the persei top, with two 18350 batteries I get three blinks when I press the button. My other carts don't do it, they run fine. I don't see anything about it in the manual either. Any tips from experienced owners?

I had this issue in the beginning, and i have a feeling it has to do with the center screw in the bottom plastic insulator piece. Make sure you assembled the herc correctly - blinking light can mean short-circuit. Also make sure the batteries are good and fully charged.
I had the same issue even though I assembled correctly. I got around it by make sure I didnt screw the herc down too tight.
Try unscrewing it a smidgen of a turn, not so its loose and wobbly, but not all the way tight to where you cannot turn it anymore. I had to do that for weeks, then all of a sudden (i hadnt disassembled the herc) it stopped behaving that way and I could screw on the herc all the way. I have no idea why but I think it just may have been the parts settling in after heating/expanding and cooling/contracting.

thevaf

Thanks for the help guys, turns out it was a short indeed. I rebuilt the herc wrong, putting the screw nut that goes over the positive terminal in contact with the sheathe that goes over the negative terminal. I'm about to cloud things up now.
:tup:
Out of curiousity, what Accessories do you make?

thevaf,

Aether

Mr.THC Science do you guys still sell the ss Kits?
I picked up an ss kit last Thursday and Im loving it. Two Persei's, each with its own purpose. I dont miss anything about adjusting the batteries before and after sessions one bit

Aether,

Mynameismud

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Yeah i havent used one, but i would say the bender is the way to go for now. The hercules and blue rod does work with just herbs, but it takes a lot of patience and practice. It really shines with a little oil mixed in though...

kindbeats

Terps Up, Temps Down

I have to agree with Ataxian. If your main reason for getting a Persei was for use with flowers, the Bender is an absolute must have. It's not discreet but the taste is unparalleled.

Darb

My SR-71 SS tops arrived today after a small shipping mix up. Much better than the washer.
Awesome customer service too.
W9 sent me two free carts and about 30 stickers. (Utopia planitia, warp nine tech, I love Persei)
Tell your crew to keep up the great work G!!

I'm loving this SR-71 by the way. My days off are here so it's time to make some more oil.

thevaf

w9tech.com is showing Silver Persei for $119.99 and the rest of the colors for $159 !!!! This is an awesome sale (or website coding error) and time to pull the trigger if you were on the fence.

:clap:

HTyLkEq.png

Top Bottom