Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

dudeeitsbrian

i think there would be a lot less issues if the carts were rated based on something other than the resistance, the entire thing is a little hard to understand unless you sit here researching about the device or know a lot about electronics.

why call them 2.4 ohm carts, why not just call them low temperature carts? that's what they are....

i purchased an hvd top a while back to run 7.4 with 5 ohm carts, it was the biggest waste of oil ever. horrible harsh taste, i literally drained the cart and haven't used another 5 ohm cart/my hvd top since. in fact i've had such bad experiences with this device i haven't used it at all as of late; only my pax.

maybe if the company would focus on fixing the problems they already created (like my v2.5 top/hvd top this has completely destroyed the threads on my large tube, to the point that i can't even get the 2.5 top to unscrew), i wouldn't feel so negatively against them, but in reality all they do is try to pump out new products to rake in your money....

maybe once the hvd top/v2.5 top issue is fixed i'll consider making another purchase from delta9, until then my wallet will remain closed.

dudeeitsbrian,

tharealmclovin

Did you try contacting them or opening a ticket. I know G doesn't like it but he will always make it right with replacements. Usually free too

tharealmclovin,

Darb

i think there would be a lot less issues if the carts were rated based on something other than the resistance, the entire thing is a little hard to understand unless you sit here researching about the device or know a lot about electronics.

why call them 2.4 ohm carts, why not just call them low temperature carts? that's what they are....

i purchased an hvd top a while back to run 7.4 with 5 ohm carts, it was the biggest waste of oil ever. horrible harsh taste, i literally drained the cart and haven't used another 5 ohm cart/my hvd top since. in fact i've had such bad experiences with this device i haven't used it at all as of late; only my pax.

maybe if the company would focus on fixing the problems they already created (like my v2.5 top/hvd top this has completely destroyed the threads on my large tube, to the point that i can't even get the 2.5 top to unscrew), i wouldn't feel so negatively against them, but in reality all they do is try to pump out new products to rake in your money....

maybe once the hvd top/v2.5 top issue is fixed i'll consider making another purchase from delta9, until then my wallet will remain closed.

Wrong thread.....

Darb,

dudeeitsbrian

Did you try contacting them or opening a ticket. I know G doesn't like it but he will always make it right with replacements. Usually free too
i opened a ticket about a month ago, they want me to pay to ship in the device. i'm waiting until the hvd top issue gets fixed then i'll ship my omi v2 w/ 2.5 top stuck on it along with my hvd top to save money on shipping, after all i never even use the device anymore.
Wrong thread.....

i was reading the conversation about the carts, that's what i was responding to. calm down, its not the end of the world. maybe there should be a delta9 thread instead of 5 separate ones.

dudeeitsbrian,
Reactions: HSADJADI

OF

Actually that's not what they are, and I think it points right at the problem. They are low(er) power. Vapor happens at the same temperature, it's just with more power 'on tap' it's much easier for things to get away from guys. This is made all the worse by guys who don't yet fully understand what's happening.

I think you're on the right track, but only part way there. THC (of D9) is pretty clear about it, they supply 2.4s with new units (not 1.5s) and put all sorts of 'vapes of mass destruction' warnings up. The problem, I think, lies in this here Internet (it's Gore's fault....). Guys aren't interested in researching it, they want to 'get over'. They read about some random web.guy ranting about how great the hits are and say 'hey, that's for me!'. They look no further, they now have the answer and want to exploit that. A clear case of "a little knowledge is dangerous" if ever there was one. What you call them (or a guys understanding of electronics) doesn't matter, they just want the biggest clouds possible......"damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead".

I'd be in favor of calling 2.4 Ohm carts "Standard", but that still won't remove the web as a factor. It's a bang up way to spread good information and all but it's also a great way to pool our collective ignorance and lead to bad choices from folks too busy (or whatever) to go past 'I read it on the Internet, it must be true'. They read a glowing report of bigger clouds and stop short of noting that many of those very same posters later complain of leaks and bad taste. FWIW, I bet a lot of other guys run into problems and don't pass that information on?

In short, guys don't get onto the thin ice following THCs advice, but rather stuff they pick up on the web. THC started offering more power on our demands. We expect to learn to ride motorcycles on 400 pound superbikes, not little Hondas or bicycles. Some of us will crash.

And while I agree, THC has some problems to fix (IMO many from pushing stuff out to us too soon as we demand 'are we there yet?'), thread problems have noting at all to do with guys getting in over their heads with too powerful a cart for their needs.....or skills.

OF

tharealmclovin

i opened a ticket about a month ago, they want me to pay to ship in the device. i'm waiting until the hvd top issue gets fixed then i'll ship my omi v2 w/ 2.5 top stuck on it along with my hvd top to save money on shipping, after all i never even use the device anymore.

i was reading the conversation about the carts, that's what i was responding to. calm down, its not the end of the world. maybe there should be a delta9 thread instead of 5 separate ones.

You realize its $5.30 to ship it back and you get carts in place of your shipping. IMO pay the $5.30 and get your free cart. It's not that bad.

Not to mention that D9 offered a solution over a month ago. You made the conscious decision to not send it in, but instead complain. I personally feel if you wont accept their offered help, you must not want help

jpdnkstr

Just got my ss tank(which works wonderfully BTW) and Hammer w/top, which I thought was going to be shipped with the 1200, how do I tell, I think I received the 750? Also got the Persei s s upgrade rockin 3 complete Persei's
Im loving this shit

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Just got my ss tank(which works wonderfully BTW) and Hammer w/top, which I thought was going to be shipped with the 1200, how do I tell, I think I received the 750? Also got the Persei s s upgrade rockin 3 complete Persei's
Im loving this shit

All hammers being shipped are 1200, in the future we will be marking them.

sgvpunk

Hey G, can we do the trade in/upgrade for the Persei in person at your shop, or do we have to do it online?

sgvpunk,

iight

iight.com
Hey guys...kinda weird question, but could someone point me to a post or site that explains how the persei works? I'm interested to learn where the oil travels compared to the heating element and what happens when I suck on the mouthpiece :)

iight,

OB

The oil uses gravity and the aid of the secondary heating element to travel to the primary vaping wick whick happens to be in line with the bottomish area of the central air tube. Now u sucking comes into play and u draw air and vaporized essential Oil from the holes around the threading of the cart through that sonbitch into your lungs. Theres also some button play but thats another story all together. I did make all that up though. Hopefully G will fix u up with a flow chart ha

OB,
Reactions: iight

iight

iight.com
The oil uses gravity and the aid of the secondary heating element to travel to the primary vaping wick whick happens to be in line with the bottomish area of the central air tube. Now u sucking comes into play and u draw air and vaporized essential Oil from the holes around the threading of the cart through that sonbitch into your lungs. Theres also some button play but thats another story all together. I did make all that up though. Hopefully G will fix u up with a flow chart ha
Hopefully...hhaha thanks dude!

Also, anyone have any experience using the 3.7 (big battery) with the 5.0 carts? Would this work? And what setup is recommended for runny oil? Thanks !

iight,

OB

I do and it works but its super slow and tasty. More slow than taste though. I only do it to prime there. Runny might like 5ohm 7.4?

OB,

iight

iight.com
I do and it works but its super slow and tasty. More slow than taste though. I only do it to prime there. Runny might like 5ohm 7.4?
That's what i've been using (what the instructions say. instructions also say not to use 3.7 with 5ohm unless ur priming). I've just noticed the two batteries get the cart pretty hot and maybe the 3.7 would be cooler?

iight,

DubCRider

3.7v @ 5ohm will produce the coolest vapor of them all. My old roommate loves this setup as its the most flavorful. 7.4v will Vape at a higher temp causing huge clouds at the expense of flavor, depending on how long you hold the button during your hit.

OF

Here's what's inside:

In the foreground is the heater with the two wicks sticking out. Thia heater is covered with a 'scab' of junk from the 3 grams of SD oil that went through this cart, it starts life as 6 or 8 turns of heater wire in the center. In the background you can see the furnace body. With the bulk heater wrapped around it. In practice the wicks fit into the square slots so their 'mop' ends rest in the (heated) oil bath. The bottom of the furnace is sealed with a silicone rubber seal (much like the mouthpiece material) with the vent tube through it's center.

In use, vapor collects inside the furnace as it's vaporized out of the wick. Air is drawn in through the connector, up the vent tube into the furnace below the heater. Air and vapor are drawn up the flue at the top, past the bridge to the opening at the top of the cart. From there it's a straight shot up the mouthpiece to your waiting lips.

HTH.

OF

DubCRider

Somewhere between page one and 300 there is a picture of two carts opened up side by side to see the insides in tact.

DubCRider,
Reactions: iight

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Thanks for the useless reply. Not sure what your second sentence means, but no?

If Porquiplane was known for useful replys, their input would be useless. Dont answer a question yes or no if you dont know what its asking. Could be a binding contract...

Someone always has an answer to actually be helpful, so someones gotta be useless around here.

Got so much spare change around thought it was time to donate the 2 cents. Or 2¥/2£/2€ depending on origin.

HandTowel

To make this not flagged for clutter posting... Theres alot of new add-ons coming for the Persei. :eek:

Porquiplane,

DubCRider

If Porquiplane was known for useful replys, their input would be useless. Dont answer a question yes or no if you dont know what its asking. Could be a binding contract...

Someone always has an answer. Got so much spare change around thought it was time to donate the 2 cents. Or 2¥/2£/2€ depending on orgin.

HandTowel

To make this not flagged for clutter posting... Theres alot of new add-ons coming for the Persei. :eek:

Wrong account, lol. Do you guys live together or are "you" you guys?

DubCRider,
Top Bottom