Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

Well, it's true they 'hit harder' (have higher output under load), but there are lots of others that have higher capacity (will go longer between charges) at the expense of flat out power on demand.

IMO "nearly a month or two as daily driver" is a tough measure to deal with. "Daily driver" being highly subjective to the user and there's a HUGE difference between one month or two (like 100%). AW is the top of the heap in general, IMRs have perhaps the best internal resistance (therefore most out under load) but that comes with a trade off. Run of the mill protected Li-ions have more capacity.

I agree, they are the best if you're after 'big clouds'. But those after long life have better options. Both don't come in the same package. Each guy gets to decide which is better?

OF
I'm a self-admitted "battery slave". I've charged 18650s 5 days this week and Twists 3 times.
Actually, I'm very interested in the new SmokTek "Gripper VV" just because I'd like to put Ultrafire 4000mAh cells in it and see how long it can go (though it has a plastic body, unlike early reports of aluminum). The 26650s with 6000mAh (Ultrafire - most other brands are closer to 5Ah) look appealing for the same reason. Didn't G offer a very short lived design contest (?quad 26650s in 2x2 config with a buck circuit)? (G, $1k isn't close to the value of a working machined metal prototype and you know that - especially with no royalties).

BTW. Either of the 3000mAh or 4000mAh Ultrafire cells perform about the same as the 3000mAh Trustfire - no where near the AW 1600 or 2000mAh (and at high discharge rates, they don't last anywhere near 50-100% longer, maybe even less time/capacity for the 3Ah version).
Call it month and a half driven 8 times daily. But used with a 3-5 ohm single cart. So long batt life goes hand in hand with the high resistance of the cart.
8 times a day - that explains a lot! 8 time 45 equals about 360 hits, or about 1g. Hmm... Might last a day or a bit more if I try and stretch it (no way if I forgot my edibles or tincture) - You are lucky :)

-NDA

Nick Again,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
ok guys so here is the skinny.

3.7v Omicron V2.5 unregulated top.

0.2 grams of herbs

slight charring, slight green specs left soon as i tasted little popcorn flavor. My understanding it had about 4-5 more puffs left.

After 1 bowl about 3-5 minutes of use i can still hold on to the Hercules and its not that hot just warm. Omicron v2 top is slightly warm.

I kept pressing the button and did not let it go, i got slight charring small specs, i wanted to see if i can combust. Does not look like i can.

I would say its abuot 90% efficient from looking as the ABV small specs of green left. That is why i said that can get about 4-5 more puffs out of it.

Now for the fun part.

After 2 bowls of .2 each ( actually .25-.30 Scales off by .05 but i like being conservative ) I have 3.9v left on the battery.

Im gonna toss this one and say you can get 3 full bowls of vaped flower before you need a charge on a single fully charged battery.

My Results have been confirmed retested and tested some more. For this reason The Hercules for herbs at 3.7v is a success.

It will not work with oil on 3.7v just no way.

OF

3.7v Omicron V2.5 unregulated top.

Great news. It's eagerly awaited for sure.

However, if this is the same V2.5 top I bought two copies of I can't agree it's unregulated. Open circuit they put out 3.72 Volts with either with a 4.11 battery installed. Loaded it goes to 3.3 Volts with 2.4 Ohms, 3.0 with 1.5 Ohms, basically the same as V2. FWIW V1 is a tiny bit better at 1.5 Ohms (3.2 Volts).

HVD, OTOH, does seem unregulated as I've said before. Putting out 3.8 and 3.6 Volts under the same conditions. This is with the IMR 15500. Using the 15650 gives you about .3 Volts less in both cases.

Assuming it's a 1.5 Ohm load (?) you can go from 2.98 to 3.65 Volts by changing to the HVD top and the AW 15500. A serious power gain, from 6.0 to 8.9 Watts. Just going to the HVD top should take you to 7.1 Watts, a useful increase. The larger gain comes from the 'better' AW IMR 15500.

I've reported this before, and run it several times (including checking V2.5 again just now with the 15500). If anyone else is in a position to check my data, I'd appreciate it. In addition to the heads, batteries and loads you'll need some sort of fixture to read output under load of course. TIA.

OF

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
ok guys so here is the skinny.

It will not work with oil on 3.7v just no way.

So the herc cart wont work with oils at 3.7? Regardless of ohms? Only tested on Omicron and not Persei? Is it now a flower only cart?

So the herc cart wont work with oils at 3.7? Regardless of ohms? Only tested on Omicron and not Persei? Is it now a flower only cart?

The Hercules will do oils and herbs at 7.4v only and only herbs at 3.7v.

Porquiplane,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
The Hercules will do oils and herbs at 7.4v only and only herbs at 3.7v.

Not even for a light vapor? Hate using the 18350s. Too much power, needs to be charged alot too. And doing the super stick (2x18650) is not stealthy at all. So a single 18650 is best option here. But will it just not produce any vapor of oil or puregold at 3.7?

Porquiplane,

tharealmclovin

What's wrong with the 18350's?? You act like they die in 5 mins. If you can't keep them charged, get a second set. Seems like an easy solution to me.

You say too much power. How do you know? This is testing on a product that you have never used. APPLES AND ORANGES MY FRIEND. APPLES AND ORANGES.

I love analogies so here we go...Go to Apple (the D9 of phones IMO) and tell them you are not happy with your battery in your iPhone cuz it doesn't last all day. Now guess what they will tell you. TRY CHARGING YOUR PHONE HALF WAT THROUGH THE DAY. In order to keep things stealth you have to sacrifice some battery. I know that's not the answer everyone wants but you know what...I CHARGE MY IPHONE HALF WAY THROUGH THE DAY NOW.

SIMPLE FIX

Bugsy

VapeHare
Now I'm wondering why I bought "The Bender" if the new "Hercules" will do everything I need. Can somebody help me here please?

Bugsy,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Its a traveled unit. It is used out all day where a charger isnt close-by. A large cap battery like aw imr 18650 is perfect. The aw imr 18350 just dies within two weeks of use. The 18650 lasts a month and a half. And too much power. Dont try to negate that fact. No matter what way you swing a 7.4 setup its only useful for one or two cart. 3.7 can be used on all carts. 7.4 would blow a 1.5 ohm. Sooo too much power. Simple as that. 3.7 has more wide use.

Not judge a product that isnt tried here yet, but assuming. G said what he said and said situations were applied to such matters.

Again, for some users who dont care to get massive clouds, 3.7 volt is more versatile.

**So again, same question, can the 3.7v hercules cart be used with puregold or standard oil to produce ANY vapor**

Porquiplane,

Darb

Its a traveled unit. It is used out all day where a charger isnt close-by. A large cap battery like aw imr 18650 is perfect. The aw imr 18350 just dies within two weeks of use. The 18650 lasts a month and a half. And too much power. Dont try to negate that fact. No matter what way you swing a 7.4 setup its only useful for one or two cart. 3.7 can be used on all carts. 7.4 would blow a 1.5 ohm. Sooo too much power. Simple as that. 3.7 has more wide use.

Not judge a product that isnt tried here yet, but assuming. G said what he said and said situations were applied to such matters.

Again, for some users who dont care to get massive clouds, 3.7 volt is more versatile.

**So again, same question, can the 3.7v hercules cart be used with puregold or standard oil to produce ANY vapor**

Two weeks out of a 18350?!? I though two days was nice.

tharealmclovin

2 extra batteries in your pocket works for portability. Or you can be the pioneer that makes a 7.4 battery that is 18650 sized that lasts forever.

IMO 2 weeks battery is more than enough. I also keep an extra set.

If you can get 1 day out of a battery I see no problems. You can't vape when you sleep so charge it up. JUST LIKE YOUR PHONE.

tharealmclovin,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Not concerned about batteries. More on function. Only want to know if it will do ANY vapor on 3.7. Especially puregold. Its much thinner than any oil or concentrate out there. So it may vape at 3.7volts on the herc cart.

Waiting for G's response. Hed know best as hes the only one whos used it. Except maybe adobe.

Porquiplane,

OF

The Hercules is an oil cart that happens to do herb also. It is still better with oil.

I'll second that. More over, Bender is 'all glass' a very big feature with many.

I don't regret ordering mine when the chance came, and will no doubt order the Hercules as well when it's time is here. I think the no leak and long life aspects make it a prime choice for oil. Omicron carts have limitations there.

And then we have the 1706 to look forward to.....

OF

tharealmclovin

No matter what way you swing a 7.4 setup its only useful for one or two cart. 3.7 can be used on all carts. 7.4 would blow a 1.5 ohm. Sooo too much power. Simple as that. 3.7 has more wide use.

I dont agree. It may be too much for a 1.5. But try using the hammer, the bender, the herc (for oil) and all the other fancy add ons. You will then realize that the 7.4v has a MUCH WIDER USE

tharealmclovin,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I dont agree. It may be too much for a 1.5. But try using the hammer, the bender, the herc (for oil) and all the other fancy add ons. You will then realize that the 7.4v has a MUCH WIDER USE

There is no existing cart that would have the same wattage and draw as 3 or 4 ohm at 3.7, in respect to 7.4. That is plain and simple electronics. 5 ohm at 7.4 just doesnt cut it. Thats 2.4 at 3.7. Leaving out all 6 volt combos as they arent widely used. Some people just desire lower power, less punch to the lung. And no, that doesnt mean someone should get a bub to cool it. Should be simpler than that.

Well do they make a 7.4 volt large capacity single battery? Aw imr or comparable?

All the fancy doodads are cool, but not all persei supporters use them. Some got, use and support persei on its original release idea, Versatile cartridge use for concentrates. This being the G stepped up and said "the persei will be the most versatile and our most researched unit (aside from alpha, which is MiA)". not exact words. But you get the idea. He came out with the unit that all the upgrades would be on. Some exclusively. And before it was announced by G he had used the Herc on the omicron, the new carts were also supposed to be exclusively released for persei (until the universe is developed).

That all said, all the doodads are probably great and hope all users of them nothing but the grandest.

However, some medicators need its use in specific manner and not in others (no flowers, only mild oils). Lung issues. And even 5 at 7.4 is too powerful. 1.5 hasnt even occured as a thought. 2.4 was tried and too much. Just the blasting cloud. Slower heat up. Some else must relate. Have seen posts about people with lung issues and what cart ohm would be best. And again, a bub just isnt practical for carrying around daily use out and about.

And thats alot of blabber. Most readers can ignore it.

Porquiplane,

tharealmclovin

I'm not using it as a patient. So i want all the doodads I can get. therefore 7.4v offers much more for me. I have 7.4, 6, and 3.7. I use 7.4 and 6 the most

tharealmclovin,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
There is no existing cart that would have the same wattage and draw as 3 or 4 ohm at 3.7, in respect to 7.4. That is plain and simple electronics. 5 ohm at 7.4 just doesnt cut it. Thats 2.4 at 3.7. Leaving out all 6 volt combos as they arent widely used. Some people just desire lower power, less punch to the lung. And no, that doesnt mean someone should get a bub to cool it. Should be simpler than that.

Well do they make a 7.4 volt large capacity single battery? Aw imr or comparable?

All the fancy doodads are cool, but not all persei supporters use them. Some got, use and support persei on its original release idea, Versatile cartridge use for concentrates. This being the G stepped up and said "the persei will be the most versatile and our most researched unit (aside from alpha, which is MiA)". not exact words. But you get the idea. He came out with the unit that all the upgrades would be on. Some exclusively. And before it was announced by G he had used the Herc on the omicron, the new carts were also supposed to be exclusively released for persei (until the universe is developed).

That all said, all the doodads are probably great and hope all users of them nothing but the grandest.

However, some medicators need its use in specific manner and not in others (no flowers, only mild oils). Lung issues. And even 5 at 7.4 is too powerful. 1.5 hasnt even occured as a thought. 2.4 was tried and too much. Just the blasting cloud. Slower heat up. Some else must relate. Have seen posts about people with lung issues and what cart ohm would be best. And again, a bub just isnt practical for carrying around daily use out and about.

And thats alot of blabber. Most readers can ignore it.
i'd like to see some 6 ohm carts, but hopefully herc and the 1701 will make such needs obselete

jpdnkstr

I have, a little light for me, but excellent flavor and could see how it would be good for someone with lung issues

jpdnkstr,
Top Bottom