Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

I ohmed it out at work. 5.9. What does that tell me? My furnace heater is intact? Readin up on reclaimin.
5.9 Ohms show a couple things:
My first guess was wrong and it is likely both your heaters are intact. I'd stick with the second one now - The wick is shot.
Also 5.9, I've not seen over 5.2 (carts seem to be +/- .2 Ohms, but the same in each box/batch), so either the meter's zero point was off or you had problems holding the probe to the curved surface or ("best" guess) you have some oil buildup on the center post. None of these matter (unless the buildup gets thick enough to clog the air vents) - In that range the heaters are fine.
You seem to be doing the right stuff - reclaim and move on. Good luck - It gets easier.

BTW. I don't know if everyone notices this, but I often hear a "sizzling" sound when the wick starts to go dry. Usually weighing the cart (as others have noted - it is important to know the starting empty weight) gives a good clue. I use .3g as a line (OF says about .2). If there is less than that, I add more - If there is already more, I figure the cart is dead or dying. The sound is quite obvious, at least for me, but I probably used a V1 for many months before I realized it. Also after the sound starts, cooling longer will make it last a bit longer by giving the wick more time to flow (already warm) concentrate through a restricted, but hopefully not entirely yet clogged path and still saturate well enough for the next hit.

-NDA

OB

Y
5.9 Ohms show a couple things:
My first guess was wrong and it is likely both your heaters are intact. I'd stick with the second one now - The wick is shot.
Also 5.9, I've not seen over 5.2 (carts seem to be +/- .2 Ohms, but the same in each box/batch), so either the meter's zero point was off or you had problems holding the probe to the curved surface or ("best" guess) you have some oil buildup on the center post. None of these matter (unless the buildup gets thick enough to clog the air vents) - In that range the heaters are fine.
You seem to be doing the right stuff - reclaim and move on. Good luck - It gets easier.

BTW. I don't know if everyone notices this, but I often hear a "sizzling" sound when the wick starts to go dry. Usually weighing the cart (as others have noted - it is important to know the starting empty weight) gives a good clue. I use .3g as a line (OF says about .2). If there is less than that, I add more - If there is already more, I figure the cart is dead or dying. The sound is quite obvious, at least for me, but I probably used a V1 for many months before I realized it. Also after the sound starts, cooling longer will make it last a bit longer by giving the wick more time to flow (already warm) concentrate through a restricted, but hopefully not entirely yet clogged path and still saturate well enough for the next hit.

-NDA
yup i heard the sizzle for a day or 2 beflre it died. And the meter I used is probably off cuz its shitty.. Reclamed yesterday and didnt ruin anything in the process. Now I just cant let myself down to one cart again so im not stuck like this

OB,

jpdnkstr

I try to keep at least 4-7 fully functional carts at various resistances, usually 1.5, 2.4 sometimes 5.0, with 2-5 different concentrates running at all times, with another "almost dead" bunch, on the desk at home so I can run them at higher voltages, without worrying about killing them!

Always make sure to check your oil!

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Itll work. If not, its only a small production run, right? Same with the 1701s and Hercs? Small production releases?

Porquiplane,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Itll work. If not, its only a small production run, right? Same with the 1701s and Hercs? Small production releases?

The bender works been tested to death. I as a novice got it to work on the first try. Then again its me, but we are aware that many people will call us on day one with "i combusted" so we are going to try and include a instruction manual that 99% will never read.

in other words all is small production until we confirm all issues if there is one and resolve them before full production run.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
The bender works been tested to death. I as a novice got it to work on the first try. Then again its me, but we are aware that many people will call us on day one with "i combusted" so we are going to try and include a instruction manual that 99% will never read.

in other words all is small production until we confirm all issues if there is one and resolve them before full production run.

Clever New word for beta testing sounds like to me. obviously I,m not the only one not buying this.

Great committnent to the documentation. With that attitude no wonder why the other manuals are lacking. Offer still stands on improving the current manuals....

ru_frothi,

tharealmclovin

Clever New word for beta testing sounds like to me. obviously I,m not the only one not buying this.

Great committnent to the documentation. With that attitude no wonder why the other manuals are lacking. Offer still stands on improving the current manuals....

I hope you enjoy paying $180 for what we paid $90. Especially after you watch all the videos everyone makes.

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
I hope you enjoy paying $180 for what we paid $90. Especially after you watch all the videos everyone makes.

Not a chance. as I told G publicly and privately, I'm done paying to beta test G's products. I will only buy them once they have been properly vettted and tested.

I'm loving my new INH way too much to care and I really don't have any desire for any more NON temp regulated vapes ala bender, evolution, T1, etc....

ru_frothi,

OF

I'm loving my new INH way too much to care and I really don't have any desire for any more NON temp regulated vapes ala bender, evolution, T1, etc....

Excellent, glad you like it. Can we assume you'll be doing your future posting there then, rather than hanging around here throwing insults around? That doesn't really contribute much, you know.....

OF

tharealmclovin

Not a chance. as I told G publicly and privately, I'm done paying to beta test G's products. I will only buy them once they have been properly vettted and tested.

OK. So once they are "vetted and tested" enjoy paying double. And I think OF made a very good point.

Not to mention that majority of those products you are complaining about are not even D9 products.

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
Everyone, everyone. Solution to it all? Whatever your device of choiceful pleasure or displeasure may be, use it. In about 10 minutes none of you will care.

Displeasure is a part of producing items. Nearly at that Experimental devices. Someones gotta test and they would Appreciate testing but would also appreciate a bit of money to help them through its testing, incase it fails or jist materials. Yes, there SHOULD be free testing for some. But its not feasible for all companies.

And yes, if a device does not function as described, when it is in working order it should be provided to the consumer. You pay for things to function.

But after all this, you either agree with it or disagree. It is all fine. People will still pay to test and people will still support the products. If others choose not to be a part of paid testing or are displeased, thats fine, dont support something you dont like.

All in all everyones wrong. Just to play that universal card.

Now, about that session...

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Excellent, glad you like it. Can we assume you'll be doing your future posting there then, rather than hanging around here throwing insults around? That doesn't really contribute much, you know.....

OF

Nope, I'll continue to hang here and there. I am just pointing out I don't want the bender because it hasn't been beta tested as G said he would do previously and that I dont want a non regulated vape. I call this giving feedback to the manufacturer and will continue to do so in threads for all products I own. Feedback comes in many forms.... oh yeah and thats its way overpriced. Just my $0.02

Last time I checked around here FC will full of threads with people giving their opinions of all kinds good, bad and otherwise.

ru_frothi,

ilovedoobies!

I'm still waiting for the HURC cart personally... With all this D9 #SWaG this worlds finally getting sexy!

ilovedoobies!,
Top Bottom