Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Hi THC,

Thanks for the suggestions on the carts, I will adhere to those guidelines in the future and hope for leak free carts. I meant to say 7.4V, and yes they were fully charged before use and I let it warm up for 1 minute before I used the hammer on the herb and oils.

I had to double check your website and it does mention on the Hammer item description that it can be used for vaping herbs in your water pipe. I really disagree with this. The form factor for one makes it very difficult to touch more than 10% of the flowers in the bowl resulting in a very unsatisfactory experience. If you could perhaps guide me on the correct way to use this hammer to vape herbs it would be much appreciated because so far I am not seeing how this can possibly produce adequate vapor from flower bowls from my use with it.

The flowers that do contact the hammer gives off a pretty good amount of vape, so the problem becomes how to increase the surface area of the heating element relative the the flower mass.

I drew up a sketch of a design for a hammer that I think would work much better for a herb vaporizer. I gotta say I feel like I got ripped off on the hammer since it does not vape flowers well at all and it is advertised as being used for that. I was going to pick up a 1200 but this has turned me off quite a bit after using the 750 for a while. I would suggest rewording the features for the hammer to not include herb vaporization.

It isn't a matter of not seeing the vape cloud with the hammer, it's a matter of not being able to heat enough of the bowl to create enough vapor worth the time extracting it with this tool. not to mention it is super messy moving the rod around in the bowl and clogs the bowl easily since the tendency is to press down a bit on the flowers to improve heat transfer and penetration of the ceramic rod.

I don't want to offend you guys with my sketch, it's just a suggestion and one I think would solve the issues with the current design. And again this only applies to vaping herbs and I make a big deal of this b/c your website advertises that this device does the latter. If the item description was more realistic/accurate I wouldn't have any issue with it.

Basically you would take the hammer "disc" and press it on top of a bowl of flowers inhale and enjoy. the design isn't perfect but it would alleviate the #1 issue and that's increasing the surface area contact between heating element and flower

persi.png

Ok to use the hammer with herbs what you need to do is use the side area, let me show you

TheHammerB.jpg

Here is the video.

Now this is the 750 doing herbs.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: OF

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Man so exited! Just had a little girl she was born today. Hey THC how bout that SuperStealth persei upgrade? When can we place the order on Delta9vapes? Thanks

congrats brotha. Hope you enjoy it man, cuz when time comes and she turns sixteen, start answering the door with a shotgun, i have 2 ready.

tharealmclovin

OK. So less than 12 hours after my original complaints about the hammer, I am back to take back my comments. This 750 hammer, while it wont give me massive clouds, works great. I put a nice size dab on there and get about 4-6 decent clouds with the stab method. In fact I had it go around a group of 7 of us and 2 nice dabs got all of us decently "Medicated". Nice and smooth. I will still get the 1200F hammer just because my nail is full of left over oil remnants.

odogg

Elevate.
congrats brotha. Hope you enjoy it man, cuz when time comes and she turns sixteen, start answering the door with a shotgun, i have 2 ready.
Thanks appreciate it, this is my first child. Ha, sure will start to stock up on those shotguns.. Hope to see that shorty persei soon??Thanks again, it's just soo crazy knowing the human body can create another little heartbeating and breathing human being, she's my little miracle

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Thanks appreciate it, this is my first child. Ha, sure will start to stock up on those shotguns.. Hope to see that shorty persei soon??Thanks again, it's just soo crazy knowing the human body can create another little heartbeating and breathing human being, she's my little miracle

Persei ss going up next week not sure what day but next week.

Remember every boy that rings the doorbell you just pull him to the side and whisper in his ear that you have no problem of going back to jail. Will stop a 16 year old kid dead in his tracks.

OF

Remember every boy that rings the doorbell you just pull him to the side and whisper in his ear that you have no problem of going back to jail. Will stop a 16 year old kid dead in his tracks.

If that doesn't do it, tell him it was your ex cell mate that got you to really appreciate cute young guys....and what's he doing after he brings the daughter back?

Ask him if he works out. Word should get around school in no time, you won't have to do it more than a time or two.

OF

odogg

Elevate.
Persei ss going up next week not sure what day but next week.

Ha, nice! For sure. Will watch closely for that SS persei to hit the market soon.. It would just be so nice to be able to make my double barrel persei my portable unit. Not that it's not already my portable unit but it would be sweet if it was a bit more pocket friendly

odogg,

tharealmclovin

Second try at 5 ohm.

@3.7 got light tasty vapor
@6 get 1.5@3.7 rips but taste better
@7.4 too much vapor. Had people scared to try it once they saw my cloud.

All in all. 5 Ohm carts are my favorite so far @ 6v especially.

Limosnero

Nice case tharealmclovin. I'm starting to get a bit unorganized with all of my D9V items. I've seen a couple of different cases people have posted. I'm wondering if someone could recommend one that is working out well? With all the new add ons coming for the Persei I guess I will need lots of extra room.

Limosnero,

OF

Second try at 5 ohm.

@3.7 got light tasty vapor
@6 get 1.5@3.7 rips but taste better
@7.4 too much vapor. Had people scared to try it once they saw my cloud.

All in all. 5 Ohm carts are my favorite so far @ 6v especially.

This is interesting. It's about half way between 1.5 and 2.4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts power wise.

A couple of my favorite 'higher power' (but still within reason IMO) combinations are 1.5 Ohm carts at 3.2 Volts (the typical 'regulated output' on many e-cigs) and 1.4 Ohm carts at about 4.0 Volts (on a regulated VV supply). These are what I typically use for 'harder concentrates'. I've found experimentally that they vape 'normally' at that level without change in taste. These two powers are very slightly less (about 7%).

I've never tried 5 Ohm carts at 6 Volts, but based on that I'd probably like them (at least for some concentrates) as well. Good compromise power, IMO.

OF

kevin

I see that all the SS upgrades for the Persei are listed for chome Persei, will the new Teal SS work on the black Persei?
Any word on pass through release?
Thanks
Kevin

kevin,
G,

The Persei SS upgrades have appeared on the D9 web site.

You said there would be caveats when they got released. Is the fact that the web pages does not mention support for 7.4v operation with 2x18350s in the long tube (that had been my initial guess) one of the caveats? You did say that you had tested that specific configuration (without stating which brand of batteries you had used - Trustfire 18350s are several mms longer than AWs). Are there any further restrictions?

BTW. 7 weeks and running - Any guesses when you'll have fixed/redesigned Omicron V2.x HVD tops available?

-NDA

Nick Again,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
What about your directions that say to oxidize the carts when new by pressing the button without inhaling? Should I not oxidize new carts?

When there is oil in the cartridge dont press the button and not inhale, when oxidizing you can press and hold for a few seconds to oxidize.

G,

The Persei SS upgrades have appeared on the D9 web site.

You said there would be caveats when they got released. Is the fact that the web pages does not mention support for 7.4v operation with 2x18350s in the long tube (that had been my initial guess) one of the caveats? You did say that you had tested that specific configuration (without stating which brand of batteries you had used - Trustfire 18350s are several mms longer than AWs). Are there any further restrictions?

BTW. 7 weeks and running - Any guesses when you'll have fixed/redesigned Omicron V2.x HVD tops available?

-NDA

We are going to put the tubes up and have them be used for what they are advertised for, the reason is because of the safety feature of the spring, using 2 x 18350 imr batteries compresses the spring so far down that it negates it, if there is a issue now it wont collapse. If we tell people that you can use 2x18350 in the tube and then something goes wrong we are liable.

We did our testing with imr 18350, protected batteries didnt fit.

The New HVD tops will be ready next week for our testing, as our off site engineer is doing some stress tests on it now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
I see that all the SS upgrades for the Persei are listed for chome Persei, will the new Teal SS work on the black Persei?
Any word on pass through release?
Thanks
Kevin

The black and chromes ones will be ready end of week, we have not tried the teals on the blacks we will test and see if they do fit and will let you know.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
How about those herc carts? When would you guess their release? Will be a great day when those release... They look as though they add a bit more airflow. Such slow airflow on current carts. The improvements that could be used for new carts would be: slightly easier airflow, reusable, longer life, better heating (not missing about .1/.2 each cart), no leak, no clog. Thats it. Some may say larger to fit more, but its pretty universally accepted at 1g. Other than those, the rest is up to the engineers and think-tanks. S'why ya pay them.

Porquiplane,
The long SS tube might not be able to do both 2x 18350s and a single 18650 without some so far unlisted (or considered) caveats. Just for a start, I see that a pair of Trustfire 18350s from a Persei kit are about 8mm longer than a AW IMR 18650 - That's quite a bit of spring space needed there, if both of those cases are intended to be allowed. in a single fixed length tube. Not impossible, but not easy if not planned for.

-NDA
We have used the single 18650 and double 18350's in our prototypes without issues, but we will have a caveat when its time to release them.
We are going to put the tubes up and have them be used for what they are advertised for, the reason is because of the safety feature of the spring, using 2 x 18350 imr batteries compresses the spring so far down that it negates it, if there is a issue now it wont collapse. If we tell people that you can use 2x18350 in the tube and then something goes wrong we are liable.

We did our testing with imr 18350, protected batteries didnt fit.

The New HVD tops will be ready next week for our testing, as our off site engineer is doing some stress tests on it now.

Good news about the HVD tops.

Who might have guessed there would be an issue with spring compression with 2x18350s ? ;)

-NDA

Nick Again,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
am happy that the Persei SS is available.
am sad that it's only in those three colors. black, blue, or green would be nice.

Bob Loblaw,

pinoy

PACQUIAO!!!
I received my replacement carts and AW 18350 to replace my Trustfire 18350 that had excess protective wraps from Planet Vape the other day. PV pre-oxidized the carts for me, which is a great service, thanks. I've ran .5 grams of wax with the 5 ohm carts with great success. AW batteries vaporized the .5 grams under one charge. For best flavor I prefer OF's technique of pulsing the button 2 seconds on 2 seconds off for 4-5 cycles. This maximizes vapor while preserving taste. I'd like to thank Planet Vape and the members on FC for helping me with using the Persei. I'm glad I made the purchase.

The SS top looks interesting. This shortens the Persei by allowing it to run on one 18350 battery. What ohm carts would run best for this?

pinoy,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
it'll be 1.5 and 2.4, just like an 18650 in the long body or the omicron or hvd. both are best for 3.7v

Bob Loblaw,

kittyboy

this is the type of swing vape I use and wonder if the hammer would work in place of torch. Could u drop erl on titanium and hold nail over it? would I need the attachment? Just wondering if i could get rid of torch.
Still best cloud and taste untill universal comes out IMO.

Also got to charge my trust fire3. 7v mini 18350 on my new ultra fire charger should i use the 3.7v 300ma settings?
and is it best to do one battery at a time or both?
I got From PV a 5.0 cart new to fill up and wonder if it needs de carbing first. Is this cart only for 7v or will it work on 3.7. Thanks I want to try my Persei full force but I have not had good luck on carts so I doubt I will fill both 5 to have the double head effect. LOL>>> will the universal be a double head ?

Top Bottom