• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

mrmojo62

hey g are you not taking paypal any longer?

i'm trying to get the persei upgrade and i'm not finding a paypal option

mrmojo62,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
hey g are you not taking paypal any longer?

i'm trying to get the persei upgrade and i'm not finding a paypal option

no boss we had issue with paypal not registering payments, so that option is gone now.

THC SCIENTIFIC,

Authentic

Persei abuser
Hey G,

In those rare moments when you do get some sleep, do you dream about cartridges?

We're those Persei adjustment tools and caps added to the D9V site yet?

Authentic,

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Hey G,

In those rare moments when you do get some sleep, do you dream about cartridges?

We're those Persei adjustment tools and caps added to the D9V site yet?

When i sleep i dont remember anything from all the testing, but i do have some kick ass dreams.

One Dream i was fighting a silverback no joke shit was funny, wife said i was laughing in my sleep.

But i did in a few times in my dream solve cold fusion, just cant remember how.

As for the tools, well its on its way doing a photo shoot of products today and will be up online in a day or two.

THC SCIENTIFIC

Manufacturer
Is there a difference between the old and new adjustment tool???

None at all, it is going up as a kit if anyone wants different color, like if you have a Chrome Persei and want it all Chrome you would be able to do it now, but since we sell it as a kit the extra adjustment tool is included.

suhbliem

Grower
Hi G,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I picked up both the Omicron and the Persei and bought 5.0 and 2.5 carts along with the hammer attachment. I like how well this device vapes but the taste is rather horrible.

I've tried about 8 times filling carts with various methods to try and get rid of this burnt plastic taste that is in all my hits using your devices/carts. I've tested the oil itself by taking dabs out of a nail/water pipe and the oil tastes delicious so I know that isn't the culprit.

Oddly enough and probably unrelated, I got the Omicron first and when I filled that up and started using it, it worked great and the oils tasted smooth and delicious.

When I fired up my Persei with filled 5.0 carts, I get the nastiest burn plastic taste, even after 100+ hits. I've tried using 3.7V on twin/single 2.5 carts and 7.4 V on twin/single 5.0 carts and they all have a burnt plastic taste that I cannot get rid of.

Per the directions, I oxidize the carts before filling and then prime per directions. I feel like I'm missing an important step... what would cause a incessant burnt plastic flavor with your carts? Is there a special trick to this?

I absolutely love the vape, the looks, the battery life, the vape clouds but HATE the taste and will be a deal breaker for me if I can't figure out how to get rid of that taste. I tried my oil in a arizer solo and a davinci and both vaped my oils perfect... what gives, what am I doing wrong?

suhbliem,

GR

Hi G,

I picked up both the Omicron and the Persei and bought 5.0 and 2.5 carts along with the hammer attachment. I like how well this device vapes but the taste is rather horrible.

I've tried about 8 times filling carts with various methods to try and get rid of this burnt plastic taste that is in all my hits using your devices/carts. I've tested the oil itself by taking dabs out of a nail/water pipe and the oil tastes delicious so I know that isn't the culprit.

Oddly enough and probably unrelated, I got the Omicron first and when I filled that up and started using it, it worked great and the oils tasted smooth and delicious.

When I fired up my Persei with filled 5.0 carts, I get the nastiest burn plastic taste, even after 100+ hits. I've tried using 3.7V on twin/single 2.5 carts and 7.4 V on twin/single 5.0 carts and they all have a burnt plastic taste that I cannot get rid of.

Per the directions, I oxidize the carts before filling and then prime per directions. I feel like I'm missing an important step... what would cause a incessant burnt plastic flavor with your carts? Is there a special trick to this?

I absolutely love the vape, the looks, the battery life, the vape clouds but HATE the taste and will be a deal breaker for me if I can't figure out how to get rid of that taste. I tried my oil in a arizer solo and a davinci and both vaped my oils perfect... what gives, what am I doing wrong?

When vaping are you just holding the button on until done your hit? I find this overheats the oil and I get a Metalic taste ( you get burned plastic taste). My method that is getting me good flavor is hold the button on with a cold cart until good vape production is being made then I switch to on/off, on/off, etc, this seems to get the heat correct and avoids getting the oil to hot.

Something else I just started doing with 7.4v is run a tube to a water pipe, this seems to cool the vape and bring flavors out that I couldn't get at 7.4v.

OF

Hi G,

First off, welcome to the fun. By posting your experiences and opinions here you're allowing others to benefit from the very experiences you found in your lurking, thanks for doing so.

As has been said, it seems pretty clear the oil is getting cooked. The same oil and cart (2.4 Ohm) with Omicron worked fine, right? So it's not the system or oil, but how you're using it (not that you're not using it as instructed). Basically everything you're doing is hotter that the original V1 with 2.4 Ohm carts. Persei is a little higher in output voltage when set up for 3.7 Volts than Omicron. Not much, but it seems enough. All the other configurations are MUCH hotter, I think the source of your problem.

As an experiment, how about trying 3 or even 4 Ohm carts at 3.7 Volts. This should get the heat back down under the V1 levels where you should expect the desired results. Production will be down, but flavor should recover.

OF

suhbliem

Grower
thanks for the help GR and OF, makes total sense and thanks for the welcome :)

I like the suggestion of playing around with the power button, seems to make sense. Great idea on trying the 3 or 4 ohm carts on 3.7V. I will have to order some more carts at some point, just put in a order for 5.0 carts yesterday >< lol.

although, playing around with the Persei as I type this with the 7.4V config with 5.0 dual carts and just tapping on the power button instead of laying onto it for 3-4 seconds at a time (now i tap for about .75 seconds at a time while inhaling) has improved the taste 10 fold. it now tastes more "buttery" the honey oil which I like. to be honest I'm not sure I could do with using the 3.7V system due to the warm up time of a few seconds. having vape within .5 seconds of pressing the power button on the 7.4V has spoiled me rotten. I don't even use my davinci/solo/omicron anymore b/c the vape isn't instantaneous like the Persei.

ordered some of the mouth pieces for the twin cartridges too, excited to try that out, anyone else have a hell of a time getting a tight seal around the two carts? feel awkward as hell lol. wondering why not just include the mouth piece with the original kit?

I should clarify that I've never had BHO before I purchased these vapes so just to rule out anything I'm going to buy some wax/oil from the local dispensary and see how that tastes. part of me is hoping that the dispensary oils will vape better than the homemade stuff I have been making (it isn't junk, vector tane, honeybee extractor, pyrex glass, 24 hour purge) but because I'm new at this I defintely am not ruling out the possibility that my homemade oil may have something causing the taste when used in carts.

suhbliem,
Reactions: OF

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
honeybee extractor
might I suggest, and I know this belongs in the concentrate thread, but a stainless steel turkey baster or a custom glass extractor works wonders and tastes better than the pvc that will eventually degrade in that honeybee. Also easier to do micro runs with a cut in half SS extractor, I have one that fits 5 grams perfect for a micro run. Either SS or glass will improve your concentrate making it taste better in your persei anyway :)

suhbliem

Grower
might I suggest, and I know this belongs in the concentrate thread, but a stainless steel turkey baster or a custom glass extractor works wonders and tastes better than the pvc that will eventually degrade in that honeybee. Also easier to do micro runs with a cut in half SS extractor, I have one that fits 5 grams perfect for a micro run. Either SS or glass will improve your concentrate making it taste better in your persei anyway :)

So it makes that much of a difference huh? I will go to the hardware store this weekend and pickup the essentials. I harvest two massive plants this weekend white diesel and cotton candy so I'll have plenty of trim soon to try this out. really excited. the bho I've been making up to this point is from 1 year old trimmings.

bought a nail/dome bubbler today to test out dabbing. man that's fun.. anyway the point was to have a "base" or "control" to the persei variable as far as taste goes. I first just heated up the nail and took a dab and tasted good but there was something that the persei was adding. I then purposely burnt the dab on the nail while inhaling with the torch and there it was the burnt plastic taste, it was the taste of burning oil and possibly the torch as well? this is a huge relief to me b/c up to this point I kind of cringed every time I took a hit from it thinking I was inhaling plastic fumes that were burning but all along it was just the oil getting burned and possibly not being purged enough that created that taste. The next batch will be done in a glass tube with triple coffee filter and I'll use a mason jar to vacuum purge this time.. hoping for near perfection this time

I was almost going to go to the dispensary today to pick up some wax or something but I read a story about Montel Williams ranting about bho from dispensaries and lack of quality control. I decided I'm probably better off making my own. at some point hopefully I will bump into someone who smokes bho to let me know if my stuff is ok to vape... who wants me to mail them a dab? lol jk.

Sir vapes a lot

Making smokers jealous
So it makes that much of a difference huh? I will go to the hardware store this weekend and pickup the essentials. I harvest two massive plants this weekend white diesel and cotton candy so I'll have plenty of trim soon to try this out. really excited. the bho I've been making up to this point is from 1 year old trimmings.

bought a nail/dome bubbler today to test out dabbing. man that's fun.. anyway the point was to have a "base" or "control" to the persei variable as far as taste goes. I first just heated up the nail and took a dab and tasted good but there was something that the persei was adding. I then purposely burnt the dab on the nail while inhaling with the torch and there it was the burnt plastic taste, it was the taste of burning oil and possibly the torch as well? this is a huge relief to me b/c up to this point I kind of cringed every time I took a hit from it thinking I was inhaling plastic fumes that were burning but all along it was just the oil getting burned and possibly not being purged enough that created that taste. The next batch will be done in a glass tube with triple coffee filter and I'll use a mason jar to vacuum purge this time.. hoping for near perfection this time

I was almost going to go to the dispensary today to pick up some wax or something but I read a story about Montel Williams ranting about bho from dispensaries and lack of quality control. I decided I'm probably better off making my own. at some point hopefully I will bump into someone who smokes bho to let me know if my stuff is ok to vape... who wants me to mail them a dab? lol jk.

The taste also comes from the product used to make it. The best oils/ waxes come from bud, Not trim. What does trim smell like when dry? Hay or Tea right? Bud is what smells and tastes good and the resin that is being extracted contains such smell and flavor. Also you get better return as well. Use the trim for water hash or butter. Use the smaller buds and such for your oil. You will have much better results.

suhbliem

Grower
The taste also comes from the product used to make it. The best oils/ waxes come from bud, Not trim. What does trim smell like when dry? Hay or Tea right? Bud is what smells and tastes good and the resin that is being extracted contains such smell and flavor. Also you get better return as well. Use the trim for water hash or butter. Use the smaller buds and such for your oil. You will have much better results.

that's good to go and I'll have to give that a try next batch. just hard parting ways with 1.5 oz of meds, that's worth $350 and only getting 4-5 grams of oil. but I am a bit of a perfectionist and I want the best meds possible if not just for bragging rights. Guess I'll start making canna butter with the trimmings , popcorn buds/ for bho. thanks for the suggestion SValot

suhbliem,

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
hey guys,
missed ya'll. got my new hammer in the mail and just wanted to share my love.
the 1200f version takes the cake, it almost matches my plugged in Herb Iron for warm-up times. definitely a battery eater, but no more butane = awesome. stab and dab baby. also got one of the nails from D9, it's kinda chunky in the middle, which restricts draw a little. is going on my new SYN as it has a wide enough channel. looks like quality metal. lol, oil is fun!

odogg

Elevate.
hey guys,
missed ya'll. got my new hammer in the mail and just wanted to share my love.
the 1200f version takes the cake, it almost matches my plugged in Herb Iron for warm-up times. definitely a battery eater, but no more butane = awesome. stab and dab baby. also got one of the nails from D9, it's kinda chunky in the middle, which restricts draw a little. is going on my new SYN as it has a wide enough channel. looks like quality metal. lol, oil is fun!
Sweet! nice to hear the 1200F is getting the job done right. I've been looking to replace my torch with the hammer as well. Dabs away!

Adobewan

Not disputing what Sir Vapes is saying, I believe it's true, but if I'm not mistaken, the recipe for Pure Gold, was, or a link to it was posted here on FC and it stated they used trim to make Gold. I imagine flowers themselves may have garnered more product, but if you have enough of it, and use the right process, seems you can get some stellar results using just trim.

Adobewan,
Reactions: OF

OF

Not disputing what Sir Vapes is saying, I believe it's true, but if I'm not mistaken, the recipe for Pure Gold, was, or a link to it was posted here on FC and it stated they used trim to make Gold.

That's basically true, the link is:
http://tetralabs.com/puregold_technical.php

It says, "The PureGold process starts with commercial "hash oil," or cannabis resin." To me that says they 'buy it in bulk', not only don't they use top shelf bud, they don't really even know what went into it? Or care.

At the end it says:
"Regardless of the material given to us, finished batches of PureGold are nearly identical. More specifically, the relative percentages of the various cannabinoids vary insubstantially from batch to batch."

To me that closes the discussion......or at least should.

OF

Top Bottom