Discontinued The Persei Vaporizer for herbs and concentrates.

OF

Well then it sounds like the WF-188 is a really good charger. Charge to level required, will not overcharge, can charge only one battery, I assumed all that meant it was monitoring each battery individually. But I think your saying thats what the wf-188 will do with separate channels.

I was going by the item description for the other one;
automatically charges them to the level required, will no over-charge cells, will not charge over-discharged cells. Charge one or two batteries at
once.

Yes, it's the generally recommended one. A disadvantage to some is no 12 Volt input (no car charge). Yes, the WF-188 has to independent channels, mix charge levels and sizes as you wish. Otherwise you have to wait for both to charge before changing and in some cases are locked out of different sizes. For openers.

Also note the "will not charge over-discharged cells"? That can be the kiss of death in some cases if you have protected batteries (some are, some aren't) and you discharge them too much they go into self protect mode (the whole 'protected' idea), simple chargers won't recognize this condition and won't switch on to charge them up. Not really what you want.

So I'm gathering there's no secret I don't know as to why this is the best charger available? I'll stick with the WF-188 then.

Thanks.

OF

OF,

kittyboy

If you have the 6v setup try the 5 ohm on that. I find the taste is much cleaner.
Dont think I got right batteries for 6v might try on the omni 7.4 but I do get the effect. I worry what is in cart and creating taste. Like I said I have only gotten one cart out of 6 to have any good taste and then for only a few hits.
G will make this all work out. the persei and omni design are great just got to fine tune carts so any dumbfart can get good taste and no waste. Seems universal hercules is the answer. So I can just use my T swing until then. I know the dart has a better taste but I want to support THC so will hang till then.

THere is no better feeling then having persei or omni in your hand.

kittyboy,

suhbliem

Grower
I worry what is in cart and creating taste. Like I said I have only gotten one cart out of 6 to have any good taste and then for only a few hits.

I'm in the same boat too. Great taste for the first few hits on a new cart, then this nasty taste comes from it and just can't get rid of it. Spent a lot of money and wasted a lot of oil so far... enough to buy another portable vape. I have a super sensitive palate though so that may attribute to issues but filling up a cart with .5 grams of oil that costs $80/gram only to have it taste bad after a few hits really puts me off. I've decided to vape herb on the go now that I have a Pax and just use my nail and dome at home for some dabbing action. Hopefully hercules will fix this issue. going to give it a shot, but it will be my last shot after the money wasted on the 750 hammer kit, which came up disappointingly short (I don't even use it anymore after a few days of trying). If the hercules comes up short too then I'll sell my units and move on.

suhbliem,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I'm in the same boat too. Great taste for the first few hits on a new cart, then this nasty taste comes from it and just can't get rid of it. Spent a lot of money and wasted a lot of oil so far... enough to buy another portable vape. I have a super sensitive palate though so that may attribute to issues but filling up a cart with .5 grams of oil that costs $80/gram only to have it taste bad after a few hits really puts me off. I've decided to vape herb on the go now that I have a Pax and just use my nail and dome at home for some dabbing action. Hopefully hercules will fix this issue. going to give it a shot, but it will be my last shot after the money wasted on the 750 hammer kit, which came up disappointingly short (I don't even use it anymore after a few days of trying). If the hercules comes up short too then I'll sell my units and move on.

Well that is a plan. An understandable one. Best to do is if you are dissatisfied with the omi/persei in its current function, find one you like the function and wait until d9 releases more. There is a clear foul taste in the cart INITIALLY. That is due to the process of making the carts. Machine oils or such. and yes, it is a rather foul taste AND smell. But, it should be initially. If you are getting a foul taste after the first 10 uses on a cart, its you. Assuming the price your throwing for it, it has to be puregold. So that should have a good consistent taste. Disappointing when you invest money into something and it "flops", in ones own opinion. However, User end function is important. Aside the obvious foul machine oil and break in period of the carts, the user can control the taste. If you take 30 second whompers, the oil will COOK and taste like rat drops. Others claim 2 seconds on 2 off, or 6 on 6 off. Both those are a bit short of obnoxious to do but may improve taste. But some, such as Porquiplane, depress the button in it FEELS sufficient. But its all dependent on use and what is used. So in everyone here is in the same boat, waiting for the same stuff; the 8, the iris, the herc carts, the ss, universe, so on. Try other carts for now. Such as 3 ohm at 3.7. low power and high ohm cart, youll get a real soft hit. even 4 ohm at 3.7v. its lower than what the Cart wants for power BUT it will allow a slower "fry". But understand, herc may solve the issues. Atleast for many, including porquiplane, are hopefully that Hercules comes to the rescue....and soon... Cause all are medicating, the same as you and any other user. All just a player at the table...

or a HandTowel on the rack.

Ok OF, whatd you recommend for as good 3v battery? havent been able to get a straight answer from some. Just have the Ultrafire cr123a's from D9. they just dont hold up long, or strong for that matter. Or so it seems...

Porquiplane,

kuz

So I'm gathering there's no secret I don't know as to why this is the best charger available? I'll stick with the WF-188 then.

Thanks.

OF
No secrets, I cant buy anything without looking at the options, meanwhile, the Persei has been just sitting there collecting dust. Time to get the WF-188 and a couple batteries and new carts. Glad you chimed in.

I was kind of waiting to see if these new carts came out.

kuz,

suhbliem

Grower
I take 1-2 seconds taps after inhaling cold for 2 seconds. It produces a bearable taste but I still taste plastic. I've tried burning the oil on a nail and torch to taste it burnt and it tastes nothing like what the carts produce. there is something else. I would buy more carts but part of the frustration is that they leak so quickly and despite my best efforts they still leak wasting precious concentrate.

initially yes, it was all user error, yes I wasted some carts due to my own negligence. But I'm not one to repeat the same thing, I researched the proper way to fill it, which brought me to these forums but even with these advanced methods of filling, inhaling and ect I still get problems and in the end why should I go through all this hassle just to vape oils portably. for example, that new pax herb vape? absolutely amazing, no problems, just pure vape, no issues. for the same price I get a persei and have had issues from day one and have had to spend another $100 in carts b/c of my user error. come on, you know what I'm saying? It's a nice unit for those willing to invest the research into using it but I frankly don't want to mess with that. I want one device that works dependably and easily. I don't want to have to do this and that or else the thing breaks. im sorry I'm going on another rant... heavily medicated right now :p you have valid points sir and I consider them valid. but they do not change my stance on this company and it's products at this time.

suhbliem,

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Guys please understand that the initial Cartridges took 2 years of trial to get it to work, the fact that we need to make another leap in the cart technology within a few months is unheard of in any industry. Good thing we have the know how, experience and ability to pull it off now. Please be patient as we perfect the Hercules, Universe, and Leak proofs.

THC SCIENTIFIC,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
No secrets, I cant buy anything without looking at the options, meanwhile, the Persei has been just sitting there collecting dust. Time to get the WF-188 and a couple batteries and new carts. Glad you chimed in.

I was kind of waiting to see if these new carts came out.

Was in the same boat waiting for the v2 carts, in may. But yes. Persei sat here as well for its first two months. Little to no usage, depending. But once you really figure the TOMV you will like it, as goes to most any user. :eyes to OF: hes been on the forums as a highly active member. dont think OF'd stick around much if it wasnt a time worthy idea. Thats a two cent'er.

However, trial and error (to a small INTELLIGENT extent) will help you gather a true persei opinion, funding dependent. Will say it sure as hewbert helped here.

I take 1-2 seconds taps after inhaling cold for 2 seconds. It produces a bearable taste but I still taste plastic. I've tried burning the oil on a nail and torch to taste it burnt and it tastes nothing like what the carts produce.

Each user wants a slightly different result, and in that single matter is why trial and error for most users is the easiest way. Again, how many users are doing 3 or 4 ohm at 3.7v?? would assume not many, if any.

initially yes, it was all user error, yes I wasted some carts due to my own negligence. It's a nice unit for those willing to invest the research into using it but I frankly don't want to mess with that.

Pick the unit up again when you feel the desire to do so.

HandTowel Will keep sipping on it.

Porquiplane,

suhbliem

Grower
Guys please understand that the initial Cartridges took 2 years of trial to get it to work, the fact that we need to make another leap in the cart technology within a few months is unheard of in any industry. Good thing we have the know how, experience and ability to pull it off now. Please be patient as we perfect the Hercules, Universe, and Leak proofs.

Take your time and make sure your hercules is rock solid man. I'm counting on you to pull through and make my investment worthwhile. you can do it.

I see what you're saying Porq, but im done buying carts until the leaks get fixed.

THC SCIENTIFIC

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before
Manufacturer
Battery Boxes going on the site right now.

DSC_0280-1.jpg

DSC_0279.jpg

DSC_0278.jpg

kittyboy

We are all trying to be patient for new add ons etc. I know oil not burnt in cart as what i empty and do on swing Vape has better taste then in cart. (I use my pin to grab oil and dab on swing from inside cart to test) If it was burnt it would taste burnt on swing. There is some residual staying in carts and I worry what it might be and if it is unhealthy. I have held off on dart as I want to support THC.
I am glad they are concentrating on the hercules and universal but mine will sit and only be used for stealth as I need the flavor. Has anyone had cart tested at lab after use? would be interesting if any residual shows up.

kittyboy,

OF

I know oil not burnt in cart as what i empty and do on swing Vape has better taste then in cart. (I use my pin to grab oil and dab on swing from inside cart to test) If it was burnt it would taste burnt on swing.

would be interesting if any residual shows up.

I wouldn't be too sure that's a valid test, I don't think it is. There's a heater at the bottom of the cart that heats the goods so they'll flow into the wicks to be carried off to the vaporization heater. This, I think, is where oil gets burned. It gets cooked waiting it's turn to feed, there's no place to go for it. The oil you sampled is above this and has never been near the heater or seen any extra heat past loading.

I doubt anyone has tested it, but for sure there is residual junk left on the heater, wanna see it?

The wick and heater assembly has been moved out of the furnace body, it normally fits in the square slots with the 'mop' end of the wicks outside in the heated oil. You can see the preheater wound on the outside of the furnace body in the background. That lump of junk in the center is the deposits from the oil that were left covering the heater as the THC and other goodies evaporated off. It's as hard as it looks.

OF

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
I wouldn't be too sure that's a valid test, I don't think it is. There's a heater at the bottom of the cart that heats the goods so they'll flow into the wicks to be carried off to the vaporization heater. This, I think, is where oil gets burned. It gets cooked waiting it's turn to feed, there's no place to go for it. The oil you sampled is above this and has never been near the heater or seen any extra heat past loading.

I doubt anyone has tested it, but for sure there is residual junk left on the heater, wanna see it?

OF

Yummy. Not sure the hercules is better, believe the wick and all inners were switched out. Believe G made a post on it saying there is no wick anymore. Thatd be nice. Ceramic bottom heater perchance?

Porquiplane,
Hey @ Planet Vape & @Thc scientific I regret to inform you that I will be shipping this product back and asking for a refund immediately due to the fact that I had had put sufficient funds into this product and to the material that was supposed to be used specifically for this product and I was quite disappointed with mine not functioning correctly right off of the bat having to wait a few days to get oil and after 2 grams 2 cartridges burned up and wasted and clogged or what ever the actuall issue was it was clear that it was a combination and I also made sure to follow proper procedures and even made sure to research around the threads and such I've decided to call it quits with this product because of the further risk of my hard earned money and I would like to thank you guys for the great service don't get me wrong but this product dropped the ball in my opinion and I do not wish to get ripped off as a patient, not calling you guys out but when you look at the title of this thread it says The Persei for herbs and concentrates when first of all it can barley do concentrates when it's working well and magically everything has to be right jus for it to work your better off labeling them as test kits because you have to test it all jus to make sure a finished product works and then when it doesn't send it back to buy the actual finished product. #Disappointed customer

AustinB509,

tharealmclovin

Hey @ Planet Vape & @Thc scientific I regret to inform you that I will be shipping this product back and asking for a refund immediately due to the fact that I had had put sufficient funds into this product and to the material that was supposed to be used specifically for this product and I was quite disappointed with mine not functioning correctly right off of the bat having to wait a few days to get oil and after 2 grams 2 cartridges burned up and wasted and clogged or what ever the actuall issue was it was clear that it was a combination and I also made sure to follow proper procedures and even made sure to research around the threads and such I've decided to call it quits with this product because of the further risk of my hard earned money and I would like to thank you guys for the great service don't get me wrong but this product dropped the ball in my opinion and I do not wish to get ripped off as a patient, not calling you guys out but when you look at the title of this thread it says The Persei for herbs and concentrates when first of all it can barley do concentrates when it's working well and magically everything has to be right jus for it to work your better off labeling them as test kits because you have to test it all jus to make sure a finished product works and then when it doesn't send it back to buy the actual finished product. #Disappointed customer

Did you talk to anyone at D9 or compare your problems with others??? Seeing how its your first post, I know you have not asked any questions here. What exactly was your issue?? You never really said it

tharealmclovin,
Reactions: OF

OF

Did you talk to anyone at D9 or compare your problems with others??? Seeing how its your first post, I know you have not asked any questions here. What exactly was your issue?? You never really said it

I agree. There's a lot of happy customers around here, many of us worked out some serious setbacks early on with a little help from our fellow forum members. I'm game to see if we can help out, but we'll need something to work with.

If the OP does elect to return it, be sure there's no residual oils on it, especially if you send it back across the border to PV. Postal regulations call for them to notify the Feds in that case, something I think everyone wants to avoid. Please be careful, I'd suggest contact with them before you send through the normal channels (this is not the kind of business that needs to be conducted here).

I hope the OP does stick around, a guy that can write a sentence that long would be fun to have around I'm thinking? It may well be a forum record in fact?

OF

tharealmclovin

I agree. There's a lot of happy customers around here, many of us worked out some serious setbacks early on with a little help from our fellow forum members. I'm game to see if we can help out, but we'll need something to work with.

If the OP does elect to return it, be sure there's no residual oils on it, especially if you send it back across the border to PV. Postal regulations call for them to notify the Feds in that case, something I think everyone wants to avoid. Please be careful, I'd suggest contact with them before you send through the normal channels (this is not the kind of business that needs to be conducted here).

I hope the OP does stick around, a guy that can write a sentence that long would be fun to have around I'm thinking? It may well be a forum record in fact?

OF
Holy Shit. That was 1 sentence.

tharealmclovin,
Since the authenticity of ones post is judged by the number of posts, I'll start with my second post and say that this is no attack on anyone or there company come on the reason I was interested in this product is because of what they claimed and it really was looking like the baddest thing on the market but before I even purchased this I did my fair share of research and studying threads to see input of various customers and it's quite clear issues don't exist with all but to those that do its jus disheartening because you wait all this time thinking now is a good time to get it because I won't be far out from the sick new attachments coming up and you go out and get it and are all excited and such, I knew how to use this product before I even got it but that's jus due to the nice people we have with there luck and being able to good stuff to report, and the issue was then having to purchase this device and then purchase 2 grams worth of concentrate and add them to 2 cartridges, to only have them leak clog etc, an not work and give me the consumer what I had payed for in the first place and so my thing is if I'm jus gonna get 2 new cartridges why not send it all back it's not like 2 carts are gonna bring back the 2 grams I jus wasted trying to hope that this product wouldn't fail this easily and I'm not seeing the linvest paying off In the new future If I will have to continue to deal with issues and when all I really care about is my well being because I do find relief for my conditions and I'm jus kinda mindfucked because I really expected more

A lot of spelling errors! Writing a lot to fast sowwy

AustinB509,

tharealmclovin

Since the authenticity of ones post is judged by the number of posts, I'll start with my second post and say that this is no attack on anyone or there company come on the reason I was interested in this product is because of what they claimed and it really was looking like the baddest thing on the market but before I even purchased this I did my fair share of research and studying threads to see input of various customers and it's quite clear issues don't exist with all but to those that do its jus disheartening because you wait all this time thinking now is a good time to get it because I won't be far out from the sick new attachments coming up and you go out and get it and are all excited and such, I knew how to use this product before I even got it but that's jus due to the nice people we have with there luck and being able to good stuff to report, and the issue was then having to purchase this device and then purchase 2 grams worth of concentrate and add them to 2 cartridges, to only have them leak clog etc, an not work and give me the consumer what I had payed for in the first place and so my thing is if I'm jus gonna get 2 new cartridges why not send it all back it's not like 2 carts are gonna bring back the 2 grams I jus wasted trying to hope that this product wouldn't fail this easily and I'm not seeing the linvest paying off In the new future If I will have to continue to deal with issues and when all I really care about is my well being because I do find relief for my conditions and I'm jus kinda mindfucked because I really expected more

First I only brought up your post count, because I KNEW you did not ask question. Second, Yes there are issues, but they are minor IMO. Finally, just because you decided to put 2 grams into 2 carts at the same time and they leaked is not really a reason to give up. I use the same Cart over and over by filling to .6, then refilling with .3 when low. This has basically solved all my leaking issues (except heat related). It has been basically beaten into this forum that half full carts are much easier to work with.

You could of came and asked a question instead of giving up. We are here to help even for the people who dont want it.

IMO it sounds to me like others basically gave you the "Delta 9 hate speech"

I have heard all of these issues before in these forums. Those posters ask and listen, then everything magically works. Or they dont listen, stay mad, and feel screwed. Honestly, its a learning curve. YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BE A PRO RIGHT AWAY. Give it time and practice, you will get it.

Honestly I dont think you are going to get a refund since the unit MOST LIKELY WORKS FINE.

tharealmclovin,

Porquiplane

Look Into My Eyes
3 posts, 4 commas, 1 massive sentence. Ending in exclamation! Nice flow.

Adaption to situations

or

Termination to subjects.

But try to talk/listen to the community or company. Was there once, Changed the mind once you play trial and error. Try a cart order from d9 and try different carts and combos. You can always reclaim from old carts. Suggestion #2.

Really appreciate the help I'm getting bro really I am your jus seeing the angry guy who had a bad 1st experience thinking everything would go according to plan and work with no issues because believe me that's all I want but to clarify I did say I used 2 grams for both carts but let me clarify my response more because I left out minor detail, but me reading the instructions never fill less then .5 or more then 1 I'm like I'm obviously gonna play it safe and go .5 in both carts, so Cart 1 on 3.7 goes good 1st few hits and really seemed to be meeting everything I would want and then it starts by not getting any vapor so I go to charge the battery jus to see if it was the battery put it back in and attempt it and doesn't seem to be the battery then I go it must be low so I add another .5 thinking maybe this one went quick and then afterwards it continues to not function and makes me move in to the 7.4 and starting the process again with the .5 and getting good first few hits then issues coming again and repeating steps I did earlier to the point where either I didn't read threads closely or interactions and I have came to the conclusion it couldn't be that because I had all the right carts plate it safe to start for each on didn't give up right away always had hope that it was jus a tiny issue and then 2 grams later along wit 2 carts and it appears to be my fault? I don't think I'm blind or imparative I know that had I had a finished product or a product worthy of my needs I wouldnt have had to sign up to speak upon this I would b a satisfied customer like the rest but I'm jus the lucky few rotten ones that got an unfinished product or the one that jus works a half Hour and the games begin

AustinB509,

tharealmclovin

Really appreciate the help I'm getting bro really I am your jus seeing the angry guy who had a bad 1st experience thinking everything would go according to plan and work with no issues because believe me that's all I want but to clarify I did say I used 2 grams for both carts but let me clarify my response more because I left out minor detail, but me reading the instructions never fill less then .5 or more then 1 I'm like I'm obviously gonna play it safe and go .5 in both carts, so Cart 1 on 3.7 goes good 1st few hits and really seemed to be meeting everything I would want and then it starts by not getting any vapor so I go to charge the battery jus to see if it was the battery put it back in and attempt it and doesn't seem to be the battery then I go it must be low so I add another .5 thinking maybe this one went quick and then afterwards it continues to not function and makes me move in to the 7.4 and starting the process again with the .5 and getting good first few hits then issues coming again and repeating steps I did earlier to the point where either I didn't read threads closely or interactions and I have came to the conclusion it couldn't be that because I had all the right carts plate it safe to start for each on didn't give up right away always had hope that it was jus a tiny issue and then 2 grams later along wit 2 carts and it appears to be my fault? I don't think I'm blind or imparative I know that had I had a finished product or a product worthy of my needs I wouldnt have had to sign up to speak upon this I would b a satisfied customer like the rest but I'm jus the lucky few rotten ones that got an unfinished product or the one that jus works a half Hour and the games begin

we all feel your frustration. ANd I know us telling you that you are doin it wrong doesnt make it any better.
If you are going to keep trying...

1. Invest in a scale that goes to .01. (essential IMO)
2. it prob was low after that first .5 but putting anothr .5 just flooded the cart. this puts pressure on that bottom seal and is a great cause of leaks. (Gravity)
3. USE 2.4's @ 3.7 until you get everything down. (probably should be #1)

Please feel free to use our Knowledge. We are not trying to discourage you. I know it seems like it when everyone tells you "Its You". I hope you keep with it. (For selfish reasons...The more people that buy d9 stuff=the more money they invest in new R&D.)

OF

we all feel your frustration. ANd I know us telling you that you are doin it wrong doesnt make it any better.

Please feel free to use our Knowledge. We are not trying to discourage you. I know it seems like it when everyone tells you "Its You". I hope you keep with it. (For selfish reasons...The more people that buy d9 stuff=the more money they invest in new R&D.)

I'm right with TRM on this one. I too agree it's not what a guy wants to hear, but the carts did work for a bit. Many of us started out getting a dozen or two hits and then getting leaks or clogs, or both. Yet, with a different technique those very same carts deliver a few hundred hits per gram for a few grams. Buying a guitar doesn't make you a musician as they say.

It's a pity the OP is so far down the road to disappointment. IMO it's not to late to start over with a fresh 2.4 Ohm cart and some appropriate oil (which should probably be available for recovery in the problem carts?). But only if the OP wants to try to logically step through the issues?

I think the right place to start is with the concentrate. Exactly what are we working with?

OF

I will always respect those that came 1st and the pioneers don't get me wrong over here Im pretty impressed to have someone gimme the time of day to figure out my problems and try and help I'm game for it it's all for a good cause I got 0 problems with the company itself I know it's difficult to run a business like they are and really having all eyes on them on what's next and what there doing to set standards and at the same time trying to keep all consumers satisfied, I'm just one in the few with the bad luck but Im all ears for the learning curve if I missed it and all ears to those that are willing to help, nothing's perfect we all know, I'm willing to work with what I got and continue to make strides to better my product and to also better there company because even with me alone and my problem it's not even a smear to what they've been up to I'm jus waiting for the time when my issues will hopefully be resolved

AustinB509,
Top Bottom