The Nomad From Morwood

Anybody heard from dan lately? I emailed him a week or two ago and got crickets in return.

No, I emailed him a month ago about an address change, but haven't heard back. I saw some posts about Toads shipping though so I presume he's working away?

letter never sent,

Day Vaper

Anybody heard from dan lately? I emailed him a week or two ago and got crickets in return.

Honestly I'm starting to really think about asking for my money back. Updates have been extremely sparse, and I'm pretty sure we won't see any Batch 2 Nomad II ship out this year, and possibly not even next year... This year just flew by with basically no meaningful update or progress.

I've been very patient, but this is reaching new levels of grotesque.

seriousTone

Honestly I'm starting to really think about asking for my money back. Updates have been extremely sparse, and I'm pretty sure we won't see any Batch 2 Nomad II ship out this year, and possibly not even next year... This year just flew by with basically no meaningful update or progress.

I've been very patient, but this is reaching new levels of grotesque.
At this point I fear you'll only hurt yourself; you've waited this long and then you'll have nothing to show for it.

Someone else will undoubtedly happily grab your Nomad instantly if you were to though.

seriousTone,
Reactions: fangorn

mephisto

I am really having more thoughts about letting my II go to another buyer. After 4 years and a few more artisan vapes, I no longer feel the pull towards this vape. With little update as to when the next batch could be available I could use the investment towards other things and be happy with the vapes in my stable. No offense towards Dan. I had a Nomad I and it was a fantastic vape. I hope a measure of patience falls on all who are still waiting.

PossumMD

At this point I fear you'll only hurt yourself; you've waited this long and then you'll have nothing to show for it.

Someone else will undoubtedly happily grab your Nomad instantly if you were to though.
Can't miss what I've never had. I'm also in batch 3, I'll be dead and buried in the ground before I see it at this stage. The pack of communication is also extremely concerning given Dan used to be quite good at it.

PossumMD,

Oden

Can't miss what I've never had. I'm also in batch 3, I'll be dead and buried in the ground before I see it at this stage. The pack of communication is also extremely concerning given Dan used to be quite good at it.

I spoke with him recently and he was very responsive in answering my emails.
I'm also still on the Nomad II list since 2020, but I haven't paid anything.
I think Dan is focused on his Toads and I could never blame him for that.
For the Nomad II people had the choice to wait or be refunded from what I understood... and so you made the choice to wait.
You can request a refund.
Or choose to go to the Toad's list if you haven't done so yet.
You have several options that are completely honest.

Oden,
Reactions: Octavia

PossumMD

I spoke with him recently and he was very responsive in answering my emails.
I'm also still on the Nomad II list since 2020, but I haven't paid anything.
I think Dan is focused on his Toads and I could never blame him for that.
For the Nomad II people had the choice to wait or be refunded from what I understood... and so you made the choice to wait.
You can request a refund.
Or choose to go to the Toad's list if you haven't done so yet.
You have several options that are completely honest.
And we made that decision based on things Dan promised but has not come close to keeping. As I said, the lack of response me and others have gotten is concerning. The missed deadlines with no updates is concerning. I understand that toads are his priority, but we've paid a lot of money and have been hung out to dry of late. And if I wanted a toad I would've joined that list when it launched, I'll let you guess why I didn't.

And for what it's worth, I joined the list in 2017 and paid in mid 2021, to say I and others have been patient so far doesn't even close to how accommodating me and others have been in regards to this.

Day Vaper

I got on the waitlist around 2018 and paid back in 2020, I never thought I would still be waiting 6 years later... Pretty crazy when you think about it. I have never waited so long for any custom item before.

If I knew for sure that this Nomad II was coming in the next year, I would stay patient, but as it is, I'm not even sure we'll see it before at least another couple of years.

God help you if you are in batch 3, you might have time to retire before they ship out.

Day Vaper,

Oden

And we made that decision based on things Dan promised but has not come close to keeping. As I said, the lack of response me and others have gotten is concerning. The missed deadlines with no updates is concerning. I understand that toads are his priority, but we've paid a lot of money and have been hung out to dry of late. And if I wanted a toad I would've joined that list when it launched, I'll let you guess why I didn't.

And for what it's worth, I joined the list in 2017 and paid in mid 2021, to say I and others have been patient so far doesn't even close to how accommodating me and others have been in regards to this.
2017! Yes, I must admit that it is extremely long.
I would never have had your patience.
At this point I don't know what to tell you.
It's a pretty terrible situation in terms of waiting time.
And you are not receiving any updates and must be very frustrating.
Maybe if Dan responds to you soon you will be more sure about what happens next..

Oden,

jbm

2017! Yes, I must admit that it is extremely long.
I would never have had your patience.
At this point I don't know what to tell you.
It's a pretty terrible situation in terms of waiting time.
And you are not receiving any updates and must be very frustrating.
Maybe if Dan responds to you soon you will be more sure about what happens next..
Now imagine that on top of having waited so long you get to see a constant stream of Toads being made, often apparently having had a good deal of time and effort lavished on them, and not only have you heard nothing wrt the device you paid for 4 years ago, you're being told that it's a small shop and he needs to make a living. My patience with this is wearing very thin. Make whatever plans you need to to honor the commitment and obligations you seem to have entirely forgotten about and no longer can even be bothered to update us on. What finally put me over the edge was the latest "work of art" in the Toad thread. I begin to suspect that he has lost all interest in finishing batch 2, let alone carrying the Nomad forward, and is just hoping we'll all finally get frustrated enough that we ask for refunds. I would prefer a commitment one way or the other at this point.

Last edited:
So, I got a reply to my email.... Dan says that he hopes to have batch 2 done by the end of the year. Now, nothing has been provided as proof that it's possible, but that's the claim.

Unfortunately, any time estimates Dan gives are completely meaningless. He told me in January 2022 that he hoped to he caught up by that Summer. I’m gonna hope for 2025 at this point.

letter never sent,

PossumMD

Unfortunately, any time estimates Dan gives are completely meaningless. He told me in January 2022 that he hoped to he caught up by that Summer. I’m gonna hope for 2025 at this point.
Yeah, hence me not bouncing off the walls with joy. The email itself has allayed a little concern for other reasons, but I'd feel wayyyyyyy more comfortable if the entirety of batch 2 got an update with images etc, even if I am in batch 3.

Day Vaper

You're more optimistic than I am. I hope you're right though. It would be nice to get this sometime in 2025.

However, personally, I would probably expect it more like in 2026 or 2027, if we go by the speed at which the other steps in the building process took. I think the final sanding is very, very (very) time-consuming, and there are quite a few units to do. Plus, we have to account for the steady flow of Toads being built and shipped out, and I imagine he has begun (or will begin shortly) work on Batch 3 simultaneously, so that probably takes away some of his time as well.

seriousTone

Batch 3ers and beyond
Line Waiting GIF

lol, I'm so sorry

Top Bottom