'The Misty Log' - DIY wooden Log Vaporizer

GI

I copy from this threads, i follow measures and material, I don't have the knowledge at all, but i work with wood and machine,i am a guitar maker and i like to do many other thing with wood and i like also metal, forging etc etc....for these reason i say that it's easy for me to do three hole in a block....i would like to convert friends to vape, but none yet.....they say that didn't get high hahahaha.

HighVapeEnthusiast

:D ....they say that didn't get high hahahaha.
...because they‘re using the wrong Vapes maybe?
I know a lot of dudes, who are really careful wilh my diy ‚heavy hitters‘ now!:rofl:
And even the Misty provides impressive medication...:tup:
And for wood workers, your‘re right, it‘s really a uncomplicated way to go now!
This Thing is awesome!

Cheers:sherlock:

Last edited:
HighVapeEnthusiast,
Reactions: blokenoname

a_roberto89

hi i just saw this amazing post on and was wondering if is possible to buy a misty log vape already mounted and ready to go or this will against the rules? i'm definitly gonna try make one but i'm not sure if i have the tools to do it:(

brainiac

log wrangler
Hi @a_roberto89
I absolutely recommend DIY log building. The tools don't have to be expensive and the materials can be fairly cheap. I've made 3 logs from a rolling pin that cost £3 in a charity shop. The base was covered in leather cut from a wallet from another charity shop. Here's one of them:

RP-WH-1.jpg

You'll get plenty of help and good advice here - I know I did.
All the best.
:peace:

GI

they look stunning! i found a workplace here that let me use their tools for 2.5€ /h i'm going definitly try to make one!
You can also go for a rectangular shape, in this case you can drill the hole in a big block of wood and leave materisl after the h inole, in case you don't have a drillpress, and center the holes after by removing woods.
This was my first test.

a_roberto89

i can easily find ss tube with 10od and 8id so with 1 mm thick wall, would it be different from the 0.3mm are you using? would i need more power? i'm looking to use the cartridge heater.
thanks

a_roberto89,

brainiac

log wrangler
Hi @a_roberto89
Yes, a cartridge heater would fit that tube but it depends on the tools you have available. 1mm is quite a thick wall for working with hand tools. You also have to consider what you have available for stem/WPA tips.
I use 10mm OD x 9mm ID for the heater cover and 8mm OD x 7mm ID for the draw stem tips. That gives a slightly loose fit for the stem but cutting the tube with a pipe cutter will contract the opening to give a better fit (though even without any contraction I don't find the fitting an issue when in use). Another option is to use 9.5mm OD x 8.1mm ID x 0.7mm wall - if you can find it. 8mm OD stem tips will fit that nicely.
A cartridge fits fine in both these options.
Good luck :tup:

GI

QUOTE="a_roberto89, post: 1547782, member: 34605"]
i can easily find ss tube with 10od and 8id so with 1 mm thick wall, would it be different from the 0.3mm are you using? would i need more power? i'm looking to use the cartridge heater.
thanks
[/QUOTE]

I find 1 mm too much, i started with them, the one in brico store center but need time to reach temperature and i don't like what happened in a session, i can't explain but when i find the 0,3 wall is totally another thing, fir my point of view.... then i don't know what type of ss is, sure isn't designed for vaping.
Indeed i find more easy to work the thick one's

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
@brainiac Nice thanks and if i can ask do you make the washer for the heater cover by yourself or do you find any good size to fit the 10mm OD x 9mm ID? thanks again!
You'll need a washer, with a slightly smaller opening, than the OD of your heater cover. For the 10mm OD you'll best use an M8 washer, which has an opening of 8.5mm. Get a 9.5mm steel drill bit and widen that opening to 9.5mm. Then hone down the back end of your 10mm OD tube for a length of about 5-10mm, using a steel file, so that it will fit right through that smaller 9.5mm opening of the washer. It's enough, when only a few mm of the tube pass through, so that you can hammer the protruding part flat with a hammer. That way, the washer can't slip off and also can't slip up the tube, the greater part of which still has the 10mm OD 😉

For fitting stainless steel tubing, I also recommend the 3/8" tubing, that is 9.5mm OD and 8mm ID. If you can't find it on Italian Amazon, you should be also able to log in with your accustomed mail address and password into the German Amazon site and order from there, if you use a credit card for payment.

https://www.amazon.de/sourcing-map-...nnendurchm/dp/B081J9NTF5?language=en_GB&qty=2

Note: for making the 9.5mm tubing work with the washer, only get a 9mm steel drill bit then, to widen the original opening.

brainiac

log wrangler
I have some of bloke's HCs made by that method and they work fine. However, I make mine differently and I'll include a description here so you can choose what works best for you and the tools you have.

Basically, cut the tube 5-7mm longer than required to fit the heater well. Saw a cross (+) in the base and splay the four parts out. From here the HC can be held in place with the heads of two or four pan-head screws like this:

HC-screws.jpg

or you can splay the tube into two parts like this and drill holes for the screws:

T-shaped-cut-RS.jpg
splayed-base-RS.jpg
Filed-air-inlet-RS.jpg

This is now my preferred method - though I have to say that this part of the log build is my least favorite. My more recent Rustics are built with HCs made from machine cut parts TIG welded together like this:

AC-HCs.jpg
... but they're not easy to get.
:peace:

a_roberto89

@blokenoname i read some page before you switched your 7,5w(30w) cartridge with the 10w(40w) for the build with the 0,7mm thick tube. Do you advice to use the 24v 40w with this tube to use it without a dimmer? sorry for all the question, i'm tring to buy everything i need :)

edit also your work with the 11od 10id tube with the 40w cartridge seems really nice so it can be used with dynavap and arizer staem. would it work good from the wall without a dimmer? thanks

Last edited:
a_roberto89,
Reactions: Cheebsy

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
I would definitely recommend some kind of voltage control, but a dimmer wouldn't be my choice, it's just not sensitive enough in the relevent range. Much better off with a buck converter, something like this

a_roberto89

ok i think i'm goona try to buy 9,5mm OD tube with 0,7mm wall thick with the 10w cartridge. so i can use 8mm OD for the steam and easily fit in the nice cigarette holder blockenoname linked before. and will plug everything in the buck converter i linked before. Do you guys see any problem with this setup? thanks a lot to everyone! this thread is really incredible helpfull

brainiac

log wrangler
Looks fine except for the 10w cartridge (are you thinking of 10w halogen bulbs?). @blokenoname will be along to advise you on that. I've only used cartridges in a couple of my units and they were 40w - but bloke's the guy to talk to.

blokenoname

DIY Log Dabbler 😁🪵💪💨💨💨
ok i think i'm goona try to buy 9,5mm OD tube with 0,7mm wall thick with the 10w cartridge. so i can use 8mm OD for the steam and easily fit in the nice cigarette holder blockenoname linked before. and will plug everything in the buck converter i linked before. Do you guys see any problem with this setup? thanks a lot to everyone! this thread is really incredible helpfull
Yep. This will work fine 😊👍

a_roberto89

thanks! while i'm waiting for the parts to come i tried to make a wpa adpter with the handle of the rolling pin i will use for the log:) how do you guys find the perfect fit? do you think this one is inside enough to make the log stable?
3Zn31Kv.jpg

ciIdUqt.jpg

Top Bottom