The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MGG

Damn dude, I’ve been missing out all these years….. The flavor profile on a dry tight nug of lemon haze was excellent from 180c 190 and even at 200 end of session. Toasted off at 210 and no burnt taste. Maybe the vapor amount is less at 180, but I’m fine with that. Thanks for the heads up, this nug is toast and so am I, maybe there was more bud in the oven with the compact bud 🥳
Going to try a nugget tonight in the Crafty.

David
I'm glad I inspired people to try this.

These are some other personal strategies I use.
When vaping whole-nug you can poke the bud with the pick tool to get it out, (be careful with the plastic pick tool in the hot oven, it could melt)
I will sometimes flip/reverse the bud and vape the top part.

Usually this is as far as I'll go but you can also basically take it out and push it in your fingers, essentially finger grinding it, because it's so dry it will basically be dust and often is easier than physically grinding.

I wish I could share a photo but I have this massive jar filled with whole-nug AVB xD
sometimes my smoker buddies like to smoke it.

I definitely find if the material isn't particularly resinous it can feel wasteful, but if it's good material I will still get epic clouds and the best flavour.
It's a bit of a luxury thing, a bit of a lazy thing hah!

vapeape77

I wish I could share a photo but I have this massive jar filled with whole-nug AVB xD
sometimes my smoker buddies like to smoke it.
Save that abv for 6 months in a sun window in a loose jar and the remaining thc converts to cbn. Makes some knockout sleep budder brownies with a little kitchen work.

vapeape77,
Reactions: BigJr48

canadianvapelife

So I have these nugs that are coated in distillate and then rolled in kief. They don't grind the nicest and you lose a bunch of the kief. Since I basically only use vapes now I don't really have a way to consume them until the whole putting nugs in the mighty thing came up. I'm worried the distillate may drip off and potentially ruin the vape though. Would anyone have some insight into this?

canadianvapelife,

badbee

So I have these nugs that are coated in distillate and then rolled in kief.
Shave some off with a razor blade\exacto knife and mix half and half with regular flower, see how it goes. If you want to use more increase the ratio of moon rock to flower until the bowl starts to be left too dirty, stop there before you get to the point where it will drip into the heater. That's the cautious approach...

canadianvapelife

Shave some off with a razor blade\exacto knife and mix half and half with regular flower, see how it goes. If you want to use more increase the ratio of moon rock to flower until the bowl starts to be left too dirty, stop there before you get to the point where it will drip into the heater. That's the cautious approach...
Great advice, thanks!

canadianvapelife,

Petetbay

So I have these nugs that are coated in distillate and then rolled in kief. They don't grind the nicest and you lose a bunch of the kief. Since I basically only use vapes now I don't really have a way to consume them until the whole putting nugs in the mighty thing came up. I'm worried the distillate may drip off and potentially ruin the vape though. Would anyone have some insight into this?
I would sandwich it between layers of regular herb, keeps screens like normal herb bowl, maybe stains bowl if really thick vapor. You want iso wipe to keep up with the staining, if leave it too long it bakes on the bowl and is a bitch to get off. But you probably already know that.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Maybe break or cut a piece off and wrap it entirely in some cotton ball (here's where I'm supposed to say "Organic, 100% cotton!). High heat.
Sandwiching between flower layers is fine, too.
Don't try to cram a big amount in each load.
And yes, an iso cleaning while still warm will probably be well worth the effort.

crownroyaldaddy

I vaped moonrocks in my OG Mighty

i placed a metal pad (cant think of the name…too high) under the moonrock just to protect the insides of the mighty from anything that might melt.
Id recommend crumbling some off, putting on a pad, and get stoned. As noted by the others, I’d use high heat. Like 390+ from the beginning.A little bit of moonrock goes a long way

you may need extra oven cleaanup after, depends on the moonrock

also, i will try a nug and report back.

Last edited:

Some-new-user

I know in the thread I heard someone say passthrough charging didn't work. I just completely drained my Mighty+ of battery.

Tossed a capsule in, tried to turn it on, flashes no power. I plugged it into my 45W Samsung charger. The screen flashes, shows DCT, then I was able to turn it on and do a whole session.

It definitely switches from charging the battery to powering the Mighty + right away. Once I finished and turned it off it went right back to charging.
Confirming this too - also getting the DCT message when plugging in a USB-C to USB-C cable in to a 45W source. Press the power button DCT seems to come on again confirming passthrough.

S&B state that passthrough with the Mighty+ requires 15 Volt @ 3 Amps 45 Watts (15x3=45). This is only cabable with USB C to USB C cables and specific power sources capable of Power Delivery (PD) this is the technology that will be in the supercharger.

For those of you familiar with ED'S TNT this this is what he is utilising for the portable woodscents adaptor. The specifics, I believe were set out around 2017/8 and have been revised this year to allow even more power (up to 240W) https://www.usb.org/usb-charger-pd - this isn't far off being able to power a volcano hybrid from a USB-C cable and would power a Plenty as it is. I can see this being quite interesting in terms of how home electronics will adapt.

Still happy, lost count of how many capsule's I've been through with it now :rofl:

crownroyaldaddy

Had two sessions this evening vaping nugs - wow! I will be doing this more often!

-It is nice and easy
-taste is better and lasts longer (I also started at 355 as opposed to my normal 365)
-my nug was baked all the way through after my normal temp step up to 410
-effects are equal if not better

satisfied, thanks for the tip

MGG

Imo this is risky. Though you could always invert the vape upside down so there's only risk of it dripping into the cooling unit, rather than the heater itself. Though the vapor itself could rise into the heater

Had two sessions this evening vaping nugs - wow! I will be doing this more often!

-It is nice and easy
-taste is better and lasts longer (I also started at 355 as opposed to my normal 365)
-my nug was baked all the way through after my normal temp step up to 410
-effects are equal if not better

satisfied, thanks for the tip

:D welcome to the #nogrindgang

:D #wholenug. :p lol

The nug life didn't choose me, I chose- sorry I'll stfu.

crownroyaldaddy

Imo this is risky. Though you could always invert the vape upside down so there's only risk of it dripping into the cooling unit, rather than the heater itself. Though the vapor itself could rise into the heater

:D welcome to the #nogrindgang

:D #wholenug. :p lol

The nug life didn't choose me, I chose- sorry I'll stfu.
I think another benefit is that your Mighty will stay cleaner for longer. Less small particles getting through the screen

i have been using my newvape fine grinder with the mighty for years so this is a big change

vapeape77

🤩 man I was on cloud 9 all day with the nug method. Using dense nugs in both Mighty OG and HR Edge, rippers with taste and I just kept going back for more lol

On oil use, I only use oil mixed with flower in my vapcap or brick jr, too much of a mess for electronics imo. Lately mostly only using “terp isolate” cbd since it doesn’t leave such a mess in the brick or cap.

ps: lol I did blow dry OG on cool setting and use a stick to remove that crap deep in on the fins, cleaned it pretty well at the lower fin area vapvikin pointed out.

Last edited:

simplywonderful

🤩 man I was on cloud 9 all day with the nug method. Using dense nugs in both Mighty OG and HR Edge, rippers with taste and I just kept going back for more lol

On oil use, I only use oil mixed with flower in my vapcap or brick jr, too much of a mess for electronics imo. Lately mostly only using “terp isolate” cbd since it doesn’t leave such a mess in the brick or cap.

ps: lol I did blow dry OG on cool setting and use a stick to remove that crap deep in on the fins, cleaned it pretty well at the lower fin area vapvikin pointed out.
so you just pick out densest nug and just squeezed the shit out of it to the bowl? O.G all the way, I have done this couple time and it works. I remember seeing overly dry stuff that you could turn into powder with your fingers within seconds.
Btw thats cool that deep cleanse should be mandatory, If someone has O.G mighty and gets +, It cant compare unless the device is new or barely used or cleaned pretty well, same goes for the lower screen.
I found a charcoal in my air intake :o likely from oil

tdriver

after 12 days of heavy use finally had to clean the cooling chamber, started to feel some resistance. I forgot what a pain In the ass it is to get the coolimg unit spotless clean. So many Nooks and cranny. There was a lot of stuff in there lol

a cheap ultrasonic cleaner does magic......... in 5 minutes........ even without dismantling the cooling unit. (if you don't care about reclaim)

Top Bottom