The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

blackstone

Look what I found on reddit
v0vwckR.jpg

direct link to image from company - https://www.storz-bickel.com/media/wysiwyg/MIGHTY_.jpg

will we see a release date coming soon?

proof of cap lock - https://www.storz-bickel.com/en-us/cap-lock-set

source from reddit post : https://www.reddit.com/r/craftymighty/comments/nzxqgy

A star is born!:bowdown::spliff:

Looks nice! I'm probably in, eventually!

Anuiel

@blackstone

@condition , you find this 10000 number impressive? I don't NOT at all, and I actually have trouble believing they only sold 10000+ mighty's over those years......
I would assume, (I'm an investor myself )that ,means they loan for building a new factory(8.5.000.000 euros)and than , say to their investors(cannopy and the lot),in a few years we hope to probably pay you a little bit back.
No ,that's normally not how it works....... my personal agues would be that they sold at least 250.000 mighty's, and at least ,400.000 crafty's., and about 250.000 old volcanos.
just my 2 cents:2c:

p.s@Condition, I don't mean this offensive at all, but I don't think such low numbers sold,can pay for 40+people on the payroll, and a new factory, AND keep the investors happy.and invest in new products.

I'm inclined to agree with you, around 10k units sounds way too small for how long they've been selling these and how many stores are carrying them.

Also I've bought my Hybrid at their office on the way back from a roadtrip with my best friend, and man that place was so fancy. There were some really sick rides in the parking lot as well :lol:

Edit: might as well include my thoughts on the Mighty+, doesn't seem like that much of an upgrade to me and I don't see myself wanting to upgrade mine.

Lewdgz23

Would like to know if you know this to be true and if so which ones carry their products, need to see if their products such as accessories are also sold somewhere locally where i can purchase on the spot, seems my orders with S&B are delayed for some unknown reason and they havent answered my emails either......
I know for sure that all three of the Garden State Dispensary locations carry their products

Lewdgz23,
Reactions: BigJr48

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
After 5 years, Im going to need more than some new fins, cap lock, better battery, flat bottom, and USB-C. Looks like the same plastic to me, the same (probably terrible screen), and Id wager (cant say for certain but this is S&B were talking about) that its probably the same heater tech considering they just upgraded their volcano. Id also be willing to bet that you cant even replace the battery. Unless theres some massive improvements, Ill stick to my OG mighty--it already has a flat bottom and an awful screen.

Some of this stuff should have been in the original mighty to begin with. If this was 2-3 years ago, maybe Id be impressed.

MGG

After 5 years, Im going to need more than some new fins, cap lock, better battery, flat bottom, and USB-C. Looks like the same plastic to me, the same (probably terrible screen), and Id wager (cant say for certain but this is S&B were talking about) that its probably the same heater tech considering they just upgraded their volcano. Id also be willing to bet that you cant even replace the battery. Unless theres some massive improvements, Ill stick to my OG mighty--it already has a flat bottom and an awful screen.

Some of this stuff should have been in the original mighty to begin with. If this was 2-3 years ago, maybe Id be impressed.

Its a '+'. It was always going to be just small improvements.

The heater tech in the crafty + is upgraded compared to original crafty. So slightly faster heat up times and imo it hit harder. But that might be in part due to the smaller cooling unit. I compared mighty and crafty+ bowl side by side and it looks like the crafty+ has updated the internals of the heater.

I never had an issue with the screen asides from the fact that they do seem to die after 5 years. But that screen is the best option to save battery and better than many vapes that dont even have a screen.

I dont think this new vape will have a flat bottom. I dont believe storz n bickel think its safe to leave that vape upright. Its designed to be on its side.

Doubt batteries will be replaceable because it has to reach certain standards to be classified as a medical device.

Its basically the mighty but 15% better. I wouldnt upgrade in my position but if you own an OG mighty or no mighty at all it could be worth. I sort of want to hold out for that 'Skinny' if thats a real thing xD.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
S&B have done small improvements a few times without any name changes so I would have hoped a + would mean a bit more than a small improvement, but I doubt it will.
I won't knock it until I have tried it though...not much anyway.
Also, the screens are very poor quality for such an expensive device. (at least the 3 I had)

jbm

I never had an issue with the screen asides from the fact that they do seem to die after 5 years. But that screen is the best option to save battery and better than many vapes that dont even have a screen.
The screen on mine died in 9 months. Not just dim. Unreadable. It had never been in direct sunlight, hell, it had never left the room I use it in. Though a decent screen, battery life or no, should be able to be exposed to direct sunlight without fading, given all the Instagram photos from S&B of people enjoying their Mightys On the Go in the Great Outdoors. I think they could do better than leftover clock radio LCDs, given the price.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous

The heater tech in the crafty + is upgraded compared to original crafty. So slightly faster heat up times and imo it hit harder. But that might be in part due to the smaller cooling unit. I compared mighty and crafty+ bowl side by side and it looks like the crafty+ has updated the internals of the heater.

I dont think this new vape will have a flat bottom. I dont believe storz n bickel think its safe to leave that vape upright. Its designed to be on its side.

Doubt batteries will be replaceable because it has to reach certain standards to be classified as a medical device.

Its basically the mighty but 15% better. I wouldnt upgrade in my position but if you own an OG mighty or no mighty at all it could be worth. I sort of want to hold out for that 'Skinny' if thats a real thing xD.
Designed to be on its side? But you use the mighty upright and its supposed to go in your pockets... Also, I had 3 (Three!) screens die within a year. If the average was 5 years a screen, I wouldnt be complaining--You can get good battery life without a screen that dies, especially when that screen is 1in by 1in.

Anuiel

Yeah the screen they've used is ridiculously cheap and crappy, there's no excuse for that in my opinion.

Mine is only readable at an angle right now, took about 2 years for it to get this bad. This is something I would expect from a cheap Chinese vaporizer and definitely not from a costly German one.

I still really like my Mighty, but it feels like S&B is trying to milk their customers a little too hard.

MGG

I think the issue with the mighty is its much more likely to crack if its knocked over too many times. Its safer on its side.

I'm not denying anyones issues with the screen. Ive seen them die first hand myself. One reason behind this is because people are pushing down on their screens and holding the unit too hard. You might not be but i've seen many friends grab the unit by the screen and that will make it detoriate faster over time. I have 2 units both 5 years old. One the screen is detoriating slightly in the bottom where the battery level is. The other one is pretty fine. These were both used heavily.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I think the issue with the mighty is its much more likely to crack if its knocked over too many times. Its safer on its side.

I'm not denying anyones issues with the screen. Ive seen them die first hand myself. One reason behind this is because people are pushing down on their screens and holding the unit too hard. You might not be but i've seen many friends grab the unit by the screen and that will make it detoriate faster over time. I have 2 units both 5 years old. One the screen is detoriating slightly in the bottom where the battery level is. The other one is pretty fine. These were both used heavily.
Sorry, but those excuses don't fly with me. Plenty of users have a little plastic holder that keeps their mighty standing up just fine, and I used to walk with mine frequently, and dropped it. Never had any cracks from heat going upwards rather than directly through the fins.

`One reason behind this is because people are pushing down on their screens and holding the unit too hard.`

No.

jbm

agree with no fingers on my screens that failed, I hate fingerprints on screens so avoid touching them.
Still. You can't touch the screen, you can't expose the screen to sunlight, you can't hold it too hard (what?) I might have to use it with it lying on a desk since it does not like to be upright. Perhaps the only way to win with the Mighty is not to play.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
Still. You can't touch the screen, you can't expose the screen to sunlight, you can't hold it too hard (what?) I might have to use it with it lying on a desk since it does not like to be upright. Perhaps the only way to win with the Mighty is not to play.
Really, its our fault, when you think about it. S&B specifically said not to look at their quantum-LCD screen too much. As we all know, in physics, observing something changes the outcome, so observing a functioning screen will eventually cause it to become non-functional.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Sorry, but those excuses don't fly with me. Plenty of users have a little plastic holder that keeps their mighty standing up just fine, and I used to walk with mine frequently, and dropped it. Never had any cracks from heat going upwards rather than directly through the fins.
I don't think anyone is making excuses, just trying to explain something in their experience.
My experience is that my old Mighty once "face-planted" - not a drop, just a fall forward on the table.
Some of the ribs that surround the bowl broke.
This was a weak area in original Mighty and the plastic was already beefed up in that area once. In the new Mighty+, the voids are filled solid to further re-enforce this area.

No one was saying the vape could/should not function in an upright position; that's actually probably the best way. Rather, it is the danger of breaking the housing that some believe (me included) that S&B made a conscious design decision to make it round-bottomed. Crafty has a lower center of gravity and they decided it would be okay for it to have a flat bottom.

I have two different stands for Mighty; they provide a much more stable base.

MGG

Hey i use a stand too. But ive also damaged previous units and chipped plastic by knocking them over. Even with a stand its quite easy to knock over. I've kept the stand on my unit but i tend not to stand it up because of the risk.

I'm not making excuses. Just listing my personal experience and if u do press down on the screen too hard it will damage it faster. That isnt denying it may fade over time regardless. The screens could be better but it never personally prevented me from enjoying the product.

Vaporcussion

Personally, I'm thrilled that it is finally coming, and wouldn't speculate on the details prematurely. I do wish it could be 10% smaller...

Vaporcussion,
Reactions: blackstone

MGG

I'd be surprised if the changes were much different than the improvements we saw in the crafty when it updated to Crafty +

This is what the Mighty + will likely be:

- 10-15% better battery
- slightly faster heat up time with some modified internals (up to 30% faster)
- still aluminium and plastic components
- usb c charging
- maybe bluetooth but unlikely
- new plastic casing
- buttons now orange
- caplock
- cooling unit may be slightly upgraded to increase airflow. But this will be the slightest change.
- faster charge time
- new button hotkeys (like pressing certain buttons to boost to certain set temps or something)

Fingers crossed they do something more. Although its highly unlikely,
I'd love to see
- better material used for the heat chamber.
- significantly faster heatup (though its never bothered me really)
- replaceable batteries
- new screen

Last edited:
Top Bottom