The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I disagree that inverted on a water piece is detrimental to Mighty.
It was possible to kill a Crafty with overheating, but Mighty is much more robust.
In 5 years, I only saw an overheat error message once or twice. It shut down rather than over-heat. Let it cool a few minutes, back in business.

This is the first I've ever heard anyone say "don't use that Mighty too hard!"

Vape the best shit you can find?
I think one of the best suggestions is that you experiment and find your own sweet spot for use.
Maybe try fine grind, snug, full, pack high temp, let it heat soak a minute or two, slow draw.
Another is try small load with dosing cap on top to press it down.
Lots of ways to try.

I do agree with @VapePerson, that water can steal some flavor; so try your water piece dry sometime...
I disagree that inverted on a water piece is beneficial to the mighty.
If you're telling me that the mighty cannot be killed with heat, then you are denying my personal experience with the mighty, and simple logic on electronics. Moreover, storz and bickel explicitly says that using a water pipe adapter voids the warranty. There is a reason for that.

I didnt say dont use the mighty too hard; I said not to force the mighty to work harder upside down, where the heat can go up into the electronics of the device while simultaneously making it work harder. This is why WPAs void the warranty. You can use the mighty as much as you want right side up.

I had the same experience as LesPlenty, where I went through 3 mighty units and then just gave up on it.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I disagree that inverted on a water piece is beneficial to the mighty.
If you're telling me that the mighty cannot be killed with heat, then you are denying my personal experience with the mighty, and simple logic on electronics. Moreover, storz and bickel explicitly says that using a water pipe adapter voids the warranty. There is a reason for that.

I didnt say dont use the mighty too hard; I said not to force the mighty to work harder upside down, where the heat can go up into the electronics of the device while simultaneously making it work harder. This is why WPAs void the warranty. You can use the mighty as much as you want right side up.

I had the same experience as LesPlenty, where I went through 3 mighty units and then just gave up on it.

Totally agree on the logic of heat rising. However, I’ll just mention that I don’t use my Mighty that often on a WP, and can only draw for 10-12 seconds, before I pull the device to clear. Intermittent use like mine should be fine, but prolonged use upside down, not advisable. There are silicone hose solutions that allows the Mighty to be kept upright, and through a WP, if that is your preferred way to use it.

VapePerson

Searching for Tremendous
I used to worry about my Plenty as some had said the same about heat rising and killing electronics so I got one of these, might be OK for the Mighty to ease any pain,
View attachment 9888

Or get a bong with a 45-degree joint to start with. :tup:
Totally agree on the logic of heat rising. However, I’ll just mention that I don’t use my Mighty that often on a WP, and can only draw for 10-12 seconds, before I pull the device to clear. Intermittent use like mine should be fine, but prolonged use upside down, not advisable. There are silicone hose solutions that allows the Mighty to be kept upright, and through a WP, if that is your preferred way to use it.
Either of these solutions are perfectly fine. :tup:

VapePerson,
Reactions: LesPlenty

ChooChooCharlie

I never thought about heat affecting Mighty adversely while inverted, it could be an issue. I was always more concerned with vapor rising back into the heater and out the inlet. Worried about condensate resin. Some have said it will be "burned off" by the heater, but I've seen resin accumulate in heaters of vapes where you can actually see it, like the G43. I have trained myself to take cooling hits on vapes like Hopper and Bowle to hopefully reduce resin buildup opportunities

MonkeyTime

Can't link or acknowledge all, but generally I agree with @vapviking , when using my Mighty, it was both home and away and I pushed it HARD. At home almost always inverted, without issue or even warnings. I actually thought it excelled here.

Please don't take a company's LEGAL position on something as it's physical abilities, that would be as silly as saying heat doesn't affect electronics.

Electronics are very individual unit to unit, especially when close to their limits.

The Mighty has been a workhorse for me and many others as attested here, that's also real world personal experiences...

rowbam

Man, the Mighty has become my go to for convenience. I still love my vapbong, but it's better for days where I want to toss in a bowl here and there.

It's ready to go super fast and just works so well with caps. Really impressed with how effortlessly dense the hits are.

Not compared to most of the recently released portable vapes...it is actually quite slow to get to temp. :2c:
It will be interesting to see if the heat-up time will be improved on the Mighty+ when it finally releases.
agreed. I know the two are completely different, but was so surprised at how much quicker the PAX3 heated up when I got it the other day.

DennisFlonasal,
Reactions: Andy

darbarikanada

What temp should I set the Mighty to for solventless Rosin?
How much rosin should I put on the the pad?
I haven't used rosin but have used wax. I put ~.04g on the pad, usually start getting good-sized clouds at ~190ºC, go all the way to max temp. with that amount I usually get ~12-15 hits. when I've put more than that on the pad, 2 things happen: I don't end up finishing it (I get too high...) and the bowl gets much messier.

darbarikanada,
Reactions: MonkeyTime

Truth Seeker

I haven't used rosin but have used wax. I put ~.04g on the pad, usually start getting good-sized clouds at ~190ºC, go all the way to max temp. with that amount I usually get ~12-15 hits. when I've put more than that on the pad, 2 things happen: I don't end up finishing it (I get too high...) and the bowl gets much messier.
Do you use water or dry hits? and it seems to melt pretty fast is it only good for a hits and everything just disappears or is there rosin on the pad after it melts?

Truth Seeker,

darbarikanada

Do you use water or dry hits? and it seems to melt pretty fast is it only good for a hits and everything just disappears or is there rosin on the pad after it melts?
dry hits only.

if I don't put in >.04g, the bowl and pad look clean after I finish, but when I soak the pad in alcohol, the alcohol gets some color, and Q-tipping the bowl with alcohol also produces color. I could just keep going until I get no vapor at all, which might result in less residue, but those 'get every last bit' hits tend to taste nasty, and I'm always plenty high by then anyway, so I always stop when the taste gets bad, even if could get 2-3 more (nasty-tasting, big) clouds.

re how fast it melts: for the first few hits, I get better clouds if I let it 'cook' for ~30 sec. after it reaches the target temperature before taking a hit.

darbarikanada,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I used rosin a few times in the Mighty and had to use quite a bit for 1/2 decent results, max temp and upside down on a bong so none gets in the oven.
Better still, get a concentrate-specific vape and stop wasting your rosin. :2c:
Totally agree. I find a flower/extract sandwich in a capsule works fantastic in a Mighty….vapor for days if you pack enough.

But for pure extract vaping, a dedicated pen or, even better, an atomizer/box mod combo is the way to go.

Andy

Is it normal for a Mighty to make a tiny little buzzing sound while in use? I bought a new one, a little over a week ago, and noticed a faint buzzing after a few uses.

Faolan

Mighty, Air1.5/Max/Go, Tinymight, Dynavap, Fury2
How do I get ahold of S&B? My mighty needs to be repaired/replaced but when I registered it and email them, I never get one back. Been 2 weeks :/ batteries are gone and it no longer charges (2018 model)

Cotobei

How do I get ahold of S&B? My mighty needs to be repaired/replaced but when I registered it and email them, I never get one back. Been 2 weeks :/ batteries are gone and it no longer charges (2018 model)
You need to start the RMA process and u tell them the issues and they will answer back, I had my mighty replaced bcz of screen dimming and it took 2 weeks in total to send mine and have the replacement in my hands(Canada).

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Please, be the one to answer this question;
With your batteries in this state, not being able to charge, does your Mighty function as a plug-in?

If you are beyond the 2 yr warranty, it's most likely S&B will not do repair for you.

I recently purchased one new, went to the site to register. The approval of the registration took weeks and weeks, I think due to staffing issues at Oakland office.

To answer your first question, if in US,

@JCat's batteries are a viable option, though you have to weigh the cost. Shipped to US, I think it cost me nearly $120US for a pair (he's in Canada, btw) and that's almost halfway to a new, warrantied Mighty (if you find a sale). My case cracked during the change-over and so the Mighty only went a few more months...

Last edited:

Gonzo_

Please, be the one to answer this question;
With your batteries in this state, not being able to charge, does your Mighty function as a plug-in?

If you are beyond the 2 yr warranty, it's most likely S&B will not do repair for you.

I recently purchased one new, went to the site to register. The approval of the registration took weeks and weeks, I think due to staffing issues at Oakland office.

To answer your first question, if in US,

@JCat's batteries are a viable option, though you have to weigh the cost. Shipped to US, I think it cost me nearly $120US for a pair (he's in Canada, btw) and that's almost halfway to a new, warrantied Mighty (if you find a sale). My case cracked during the change-over and so the Mighty only went a few more months...

But please, be the one to answer this question;
Found this on the S&B support site:

Can I use the MIGHTY while charging?
Yes. If the MIGHTY is operated while plugged in, the batteries will be bypassed. Therefore, the MIGHTY can be used even with completely drained batteries if it is plugged in and switched on.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Found this on the S&B support site:

Can I use the MIGHTY while charging?
Yes. If the MIGHTY is operated while plugged in, the batteries will be bypassed. Therefore, the MIGHTY can be used even with completely drained batteries if it is plugged in and switched on.
Yes, just asking @Faolan to see if this works in his case.

Top Bottom