hellomyfrients

Personally I am on my sixth? box after owning over 100 vapes, back to the genesis from 13+ years ago.

In my decades long journey with all forms of cannabis ingestion, I've never had a healthier relationship to the plant than when using the LB. Simply how it is for me, YMMV.

For power lately I decided not to use their battery thing and instead bought a variable voltage USB-C to DC adapter on Amazon for $8. I use my 140W-max USB-C power bank that I already have for charging my laptop/phone/video games/etc, or my little power brick that I use for charging my laptop. The cables don't bother me, I think putting the battery in the vape would just be another form of planned obsolescence. You can use any USB-C powerbank forever this way and purchase something that has actually high quality cells that can take the cycles, that's usable anyways outside a vaping context. It literally lasts for days powering the box.

This week I've used it to reduce my distillate oil intake 90%, which feels amazing for my throat.

Maybe it's because I'm a tinkerer or because I've had battery degradation on vapes where the company no longer exists, but this is the only way that makes long-term sense to me.

Choices

Personally I am on my sixth? box after owning over 100 vapes, back to the genesis from 13+ years ago.

In my decades long journey with all forms of cannabis ingestion, I've never had a healthier relationship to the plant than when using the LB. Simply how it is for me, YMMV.

For power lately I decided not to use their battery thing and instead bought a variable voltage USB-C to DC adapter on Amazon for $8. I use my 140W-max USB-C power bank that I already have for charging my laptop/phone/video games/etc, or my little power brick that I use for charging my laptop. The cables don't bother me, I think putting the battery in the vape would just be another form of planned obsolescence. You can use any USB-C powerbank forever this way and purchase something that has actually high quality cells that can take the cycles, that's usable anyways outside a vaping context. It literally lasts for days powering the box.

This week I've used it to reduce my distillate oil intake 90%, which feels amazing for my throat.

Maybe it's because I'm a tinkerer or because I've had battery degradation on vapes where the company no longer exists, but this is the only way that makes long-term sense to me.
Could you post a pic of what you’re describing? I think a number of people would be interested in your set up and perhaps making one of their own. That includes me! Thanks in advance!

hellomyfrients

Could you post a pic of what you’re describing? I think a number of people would be interested in your set up and perhaps making one of their own. That includes me! Thanks in advance!
here it is with the usb-c bank, the cable is a bit long but it doesn't bother me I just shove it in the pocket --

... for the plugged in set-up, just replace the battery bank with any 45W+ USB-C brick.

The only item you need besides the box is the "FARSENSE USB C to DC Adapter" on Amazon, or equivalent. If I were to do it all again, I'd probably go with a shorter cable, fixed voltage adapter, because setting the voltage when I plug it in is an unnecessary extra step since the box always uses 12V. Make sure the cable can handle 12V and the amperage (I had a rec with this post but it looks like it actually may not handle enough wattage).

My powerbank is the UGreen 145W 25000mAh, also on Amazon. I mainly use it for charging my laptop/phone/switch on the go so I already had one.

Everything works fantastic, including the temp control dial.

OldAndInTheWay

I've always wanted to try the launch box, so I was happy to discover that there is a "Grab Bag - Winter Solstice Special" on the magic flight website. They are offering a factory second launch box on sale for just under fifty bucks. I picked up a launch box and the accessory kit for $80 shipped. Should be educational if nothing else.

coolbreeze

I've always wanted to try the launch box, so I was happy to discover that there is a "Grab Bag - Winter Solstice Special" on the magic flight website. They are offering a factory second launch box on sale for just under fifty bucks. I picked up a launch box and the accessory kit for $80 shipped. Should be educational if nothing else.
I've only had mine a few months and I really enjoy it. It's great plugged in. Battery life ain't great but one or two will suffice for a walk in the woods.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
So glad you took advantage of the Grab Bag Sale! What did you get, if you don't mind explaining? I was tempted, definitely tempted.

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: cannasoor

warren0728

i ended up purchasing a maple jeweled edition mlfb new from the mflb website along with a cherry finishing grinder and then picked up the second mflb with a walnut finishing grinder for really cheap on the entexchange discord ...

mflb-small.jpg

OldAndInTheWay

So glad you took advantage of the Grab Bag Sale! What did you get, if you don't mind explaining? I was tempted, definitely tempted.
On their site it was the "star knot" pattern. Not a thing wrong with it (it wasn't a second). It was generic (no serial number) so it doesn't come with a warranty; but to be honest I don't see it getting a lot of heavy use. It's more a novelty to appreciate what I missed during a 30 year T-Break. Someday I want to pick up one of Eagle Bill's "shake and bake" vapes for the same reason, I'll roast some old CBD boof and marvel at how far things have advanced. :)

OldAndInTheWay,
Reactions: Ramahs

coolbreeze

It's more a novelty to appreciate what I missed during a 30 year T-Break. Someday I want to pick up one of Eagle Bill's "shake and bake" vapes for the same reason, I'll roast some old CBD boof and marvel at how far things have advanced. :)
I've gotten both for similar reasons and I like them both more than I thought I would. I use the mflbs hiking a good bit.

Maxximus

I have the Magic Flight Launch Box. I need to replace the batteries but I wonder if third party batteries will work. Since the manufacturer provided batteries have had the specs stripped, I can't find any markings that would tell me what to replace them with. Any information would be appreciated.

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
Huh, weird they used to have a page mentioning the required amperage for 3rd party batteries but looks like they cleared it. You need a NiMH battery with at least 2250mah capacity and I believe as much amperage as possible. When I had my last craving for the MFLB I had success with an Energizer rechargeable AA which was within spec. My other eneloop and duracell rechargeables had much lower mah ratings and I believe were below the recommended values on magic-flight’s site.

The Magic Flight thread will hopefully have more info: https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-magic-flight-box.750/

MoltenTiger

I got the now discontinued Apple AA charger which was recommended at the time 13 odd years ago!

Wikipedia says this about the cells
The charger was sold with six rechargeable AA batteries that use low self-discharge NiMH technology,[8] have a silver design and no Apple branding, and have an advertised capacity of 1,900 milliampere-hour (mAh).[2] Czech website SuperApple identified the batteries as likely being rebranded Eneloop HR-3UTG 1.2 volt batteries manufactured by Sanyo.[8][9]

They did seem to work well

You will have to strip the insulation wrap (knife and isopropyl wash any adhesive).
The default cells had a white disc to further the negative and positive poles clearance, so without that some care is needed to avoid shorts

MoltenTiger,
Reactions: sedentree

kid3

I have had the Mighty, Mighty +, Volcano, and Plenty but I am thinking of repurchasing the MFLB. It was my first vape and a pretty damn good one. I like that I could hit it as needed and even combust if I wanted. Maybe I'm imagining things but the taste is way better than Storz & Bickel products. Am I being nostalgic or was this an amazing vape that I should repurchase.

I'm also debating a Ball Vape, Tiny Might 2, and MIghty +. My Mighty + is gone and my Mighty OG is a few years old. I feel like the OG Mighty doesn't hit the same, even after cleaning and getting a new Cooling Unit. I am really considering a Ball Vape

coolbreeze

I have had the Mighty, Mighty +, Volcano, and Plenty but I am thinking of repurchasing the MFLB. It was my first vape and a pretty damn good one. I like that I could hit it as needed and even combust if I wanted. Maybe I'm imagining things but the taste is way better than Storz & Bickel products. Am I being nostalgic or was this an amazing vape that I should repurchase.
Maybe a little rosy, but I really dig mine. I usually use it at my desk or on the porch plugged in. It's very relaxing and as you say, effective. I've only had mine about a year and don't have it out all the time but I've really enjoyed it from the get-go.

My first vape was MFLB. Over the past 7-8 years I’ve used it rarely, preferring the ease of use my other vapes. But a couple of months ago I charged up some batteries and now use it 50% of the time. It is a very efficient cannabinoid and terpene extractor. Tasty, stony, and enjoyable. It’s a single person tool though as it’s not easily shareable without instruction and works best with about 0.1gram ground first in a Nano grinder and then directly into MFLB with the Finishing grinder - very fine and fluffy.

nicanaca0

I recently got mine out and started using it again, I echo the other comments completely but the other thing I really love about it is it’s silent 🙉

All my other vape either buttons or lighters that click, or make a lot of sound when inhaling so it’s been something that really stood out for me.

I really didn’t appreciate it before but it’s pretty unique and I'm so glad younger me bought it haha.

kid3

Happy to see so many people still using it. My PA 2.0 stopped working and I can't seem to find any online. I wonder if they still honor their warranty for at least 1 replacement. I tried using wax in mine on top of rolling paper which a big mistake. It did work though but it was a sticky mess after the fact.

kid3

Anyone have luck with getting a warranty replacement this year? I've waited close to 2 weeks for a response. Also any idea where I could source a Power Adapter or this new JetPack thing?

I really miss that taste of a fresh trench in the MFLB. I'm currently combusting and the taste is so bad. I'm trying to use the OG Mighty but it is just not hitting. I ordered the b0 in hopes of never combusting solo and only socially. Care to give your experience with the MFLB compared to the b0 @warren0728? Will the b0 wreck my tolerance?

I also had a FireFly 2+ which I was read was an MFLB on steroid. It was alright but after I shortly got the Mighty + I stopped using it. I really like how old school the MFLB feels.

Last edited:
kid3,

warren0728

I really miss that taste of a fresh trench in the MFLB. I'm currently combusting and the taste is so bad. I'm trying to use the OG Mighty but it is just not hitting. I ordered the b0 in hopes of never combusting solo and only socially. Care to give your experience with the MFLB compared to the b0 @warren0728? Will the b0 wreck my tolerance?
i have a lot of vapes so i only use the mflb occasionally and usually when i'm not in a hurry

the b0 definitely CAN wreck your tolerance ... it will deliver the goods as fast as you can consume them lol ... for this reason my b0 usage is probably different from most ... i use an average to small loads of weed in mine and i really take it easy and get multiple smaller hits from a bowl. i am amazed how hard these ball vapes can hit so i use with caution lol! (although sometimes on the weekend i throw caution to the wind)

the mflb and the b0 are very different beasts so it's hard to compare but i think you're gonna love your b0.

Top Bottom