coolbreeze

My problem has always been finding batteries that actually last through a full trench.
Mine'll make it so far. I use it tethered at home. I'll have to review the thread and figure out replacements I guess as these degrade. But it sure would be awesome to have something like the solutions you all have been discussing.

coolbreeze,
Reactions: TommyDee

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
My problem has always been finding batteries that actually last through a full trench.

Odd. That is a problem I've never experienced...and I roast my herb to it's fullest.
What kind of batteries have you tried, and how do they compare with the glyphs?

Ramahs,

Gnarlythotep

Gearhead Gardenhead
Inspired by Scy123 and TommyDee I made my own design for a 510 adapter with a 5/8 copper slip coupling (i think? We don't do imperial units over here), a wooden rod I got at a local woodworking store for free, a smaller diameter copper tube, a broken multimeter lead, and some bits and pieces of a broken KangerTech Subox Mini RBA Plus. No soldering necessary, it's all held together by virtue of everything fitting together perfectly.

It ain't perfect by any standard, but it works even if it's somewhat fiddly at times. The readings go down to 0.1ohm in a good day while usually hovering around 0.15ohm, but I'll attribute it to it not being an original MFLB but rather a locally produced clone, and the connections not being clean and a little bit loose at times.

But seriously, shout out to Scy and Tommy. I've learned a whole ton of stuff about batteries and thermal conductivity by using your projects as jumping-off points. You've sparked in me a fire heating element for learning more about electricity and how to use it to... uh... y'know.

Last edited:

ScyOne

You've sparked in me a fire heating element for learning more about electricity and how to use it to... uh... y'know.
If you can get it to the point where your connection is solid enough temp control also works. But the connecrion would have to be super solid.

Not required since the mflb works perfectly well without it. But it's a good learning experiance.

And temp control with tcr is way better than using sensors in my opinion.

ScyOne

Not nice. Warning point issued.
Also, i just have to add. Don't worry about what other people might try to make you believe.

This whole design and operation was my concept from the very start.

Everyone else is riding on my idea.

I only have to say this cause "other tommy" people think they got skills or something by riding off me.

Yea right lmao, try taking your sub c cells to any level above my game

I don't even know what the other guy is talking about, but he keeps going on about my ideas.

48955304342_ee58477f11_b.jpg

Thats their idea lmao, mines is way better.

I implore anyone reading this to ONLY PUT METAL INTO THE BATTERY SOCKET!

LLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

My method is not using cheap plastic is all i'm saying. I don't know what all that cheap plastic is about, I wouldn't do that.

The wiring seems like it's only good for 5a too. when the mflb uses almost 20a? That's why it kept melting on you.

Edit: acually the wiring I would rate 2-3a max. True facts.

Last edited:
ScyOne,
Reactions: lisifi

ScyOne

100% worth it.

I may miss other stuff happening later. But whatever goes on. Remember one thing.

It's only good cause I define what good means.

It's a bar I set for you.

I'm not thinking those other stuff is acceptable is all i'm saying.

Only the best stuff for me.

Last edited:
ScyOne,

Octavia

No thoughts, head empty
i was thinking of picking one of these up just for grins ... how important is the super fine grind? i have a bcg with the fine plate ... will that be fine enough or do i need the finishing grinder?
The finishing grinder is nice but never noticed a huge improvement between it and a typical fine grind other than being able to grind directly into the chamber with the finishing grinder. That said, it is nice to have if you either plan to use the MFLB regularly or if you have other conduction vapes you’d want to try a super fine grind with.

coolbreeze

i was thinking of picking one of these up just for grins ... how important is the super fine grind? i have a bcg with the fine plate ... will that be fine enough or do i need the finishing grinder?
Got mine not long ago and I love it. Battery life sucks but otherwise a really brilliant little device: the pocket electric lightbulb vape. Great with the wall power unit. Battery life is easily enough for a trench which is easily enough for a hike, a dog walk, or a sunset. I grind fine and then let is dry overnight and then put it through the finish grinder straight into the trench or a doob tube.
Took two LBs to N.J. motosports track; Superbike finals.
I used their jetpack PA and finally finished the two trenches
by the end of the day as we were leaving.
Damn these things hit hard with minimal amounts of weed.
I regretted not bringing mine on vac, it woulda been perfect. Agree about the effects. A half-hour of leisurely sippin' and then you find you're on the moon!

vapirtoo

I've been using my LBs with the jetpack, and I'm glad that I got back
to them.
They have one of the shortest vapor paths of all my vapes.
I've been hitting it,"native", no stem, or water just the box against my lips.
Really unique taste signature with no conditioning in the way.
I'm enjoying the whole process once again.(
seriousTone, I wonder how much market share MJ has lost due to
their lack of innovation.
Their customer service used to be, and still might be top notch!

seriousTone

Quite honestly I'm surprised they're still around. Who the hell is still buying this thing as their first vape anymore, when there's so much out there that's easy(er) to use?

Most people are into the simplicity of things like pax, iphone etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my mflb and still use it but only with the power adapter.

Like you said, the taste of the wood is completely unique and something I love.

I'd absolutely love if they came out with something that encapsulates a battery and was more portable, but stayed true to the aesthetic and would give them my money instantly.

Truth Seeker

Quite honestly I'm surprised they're still around. Who the hell is still buying this thing as their first vape anymore, when there's so much out there that's easy(er) to use?

Most people are into the simplicity of things like pax, iphone etc.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my mflb and still use it but only with the power adapter.

Like you said, the taste of the wood is completely unique and something I love.

I'd absolutely love if they came out with something that encapsulates a battery and was more portable, but stayed true to the aesthetic and would give them my money instantly.
just ordered a brand new one last week and I've owned pretty much all the top vapes and never liked any of them long term so getting ready for another flight to try to make this vape thing work!

I've been using my LBs with the jetpack, and I'm glad that I got back
to them.
They have one of the shortest vapor paths of all my vapes.
I've been hitting it,"native", no stem, or water just the box against my lips.
Really unique taste signature with no conditioning in the way.
I'm enjoying the whole process once again.(
Their lack of innovation is what I like "don't fix what aint broke" I like they don't change anything as the original design works well, there's a power adaptor if one needs it, what else is there to be done?

Truth Seeker,
Reactions: vapirtoo

vapirtoo

The power adapters, even the jet pack, use wires that can become clumsy
and ugly. While the batteries are great to handle, they are woefully
under powered. IMHO
I use the jet pack outside to good effect then my friend whips out his Pax
and takes a pull with no strings attached.
At home the unit is great as you can really modulate how you want
your weed roasted.
I find temp stepping by powering up, then pause for a moment, then
pull can yield clouds... if you want.
The wall unit and jet pack allow you to have wide range of vaporization.
Come on Magic Flight, keep the box, get rid of the wires!!!!

vapirtoo,
Reactions: lisifi

Choices

just ordered a brand new one last week and I've owned pretty much all the top vapes and never liked any of them long term so getting ready for another flight to try to make this vape thing work!

Their lack of innovation is what I like "don't fix what aint broke" I like they don't change anything as the original design works well, there's a power adaptor if one needs it, what else is there to be done?
How about a 510 box mod adapter? I have mine from @TommyDee that is still going strong. Paired with a smallish sub-ohm box mod the MFLB becomes an on demand conduction workhorse. Sadly I’ve not the oomph to bring it to others…

Top Bottom