junny89

That first draw always last longest :cheers: At least we have the PA. It does do justice to the LB vape.
True that brother! Just need to sort out the portability aspect of it all and that’s it.
I love how MF created their own ecosystem of accessories too. Orbiter/grinder/stash box and host of extras. Kudos to them as it’s all fantastic. That orbiter is just out of this world.

Junny89,
Reactions: Vitolo

strech

If someone wanted to buy a couple batteries what would he need to look for?

I've pulled my old box out of storage and would like to fire up this old thing and have it singing again.

I remember just using any old AA rechargable. Is there a certain power level or brand that is better suited?

Thanks all!

Strech46290,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Just found some pics of this old beautiful project :) ! MFLB mission control !
oE0eHt.jpg
C3iN9r.jpg
eBb2Df.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

junny89

Показва се „IMG_1831.jpg“
Показва се „IMG_1826.jpg“
Показва се „mflbmc_lit.jpg“

The photos don’t appear buddy - edit it’s sorted

Also whilst searching for some batteries I found these :
BMTick High Capacity Batteries for Magic Flight Launch Box (x4) MFLB BMTick High Capacity Batteries for Magic Flight Launch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Not original and made by a different company that gives extra power and extra mAh.

Junny89,

Abysmal Vapor

The photos don’t appear buddy

Also whilst searching for some batteries I found these :
BMTick High Capacity Batteries for Magic Flight Launch Box (x4) MFLB BMTick High Capacity Batteries for Magic Flight Launch: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Not original and made by a different company that gives extra power and extra mAh.
Fixed it but there is some issue when you are trying to insert them via the forum tool... i basicly print screen cutted and reuploaded so it can happen. Cannot still figure out why does it happens with so many of the photos justtry to upload via url from the google drtive and see what happens.

Abysmal Vapor,

ScyOne

Fixed it but there is some issue when you are trying to insert them via the forum tool... i basicly print screen cutted and reuploaded so it can happen. Cannot still figure out why does it happens with so many of the photos justtry to upload via url from the google drtive and see what happens.

On the old forums the links would leave out the s in https which caused problems. Dunno if it's still the same here.

ScyOne,

Abysmal Vapor

On the old forums the links would leave out the s in https:// which caused problems. Dunno if it's still the same here.
Never had that issue on the old forum and i am experiencing this a lot here,i started a few threads these days and i always had to work around . I use Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io press alt + prnt scrn and then crop ,it is an extra step,but it works at least . Maybe but i will start to take note with which photos it happens and try to figure it out.
Wow that’s smart. Very very thought out and professional. Who made this? And is it still available ? I can see it’s variable power too and dual 18650, very nice. I would invest in this right now!
Well while it is cool, the TC software on some mods is vastly superior to variable voltalge :). Maybe Scyone or TommyDee could hook you up with one :).

Abysmal Vapor,

junny89

Never had that issue on the old forum and i am experiencing this a lot here,i started a few threads these days and i always had to work around . I use Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io press alt + prnt scrn and then crop ,it is an extra step,but it works at least . Maybe but i will start to take note with which photos it happens and try to figure it out.

Well while it is cool, the TC software on some mods is vastly superior to variable voltalge :). Maybe Scyone or TommyDee could hook you up with one :).
Are they made by some one here or a manufacturer? Oh of course I’m aware but that unit just looks awesome.

Junny89,

ScyOne

Oh, I need to do another update on the adaptors. I stated it would take me a long time to push them out, but that was because I wanted to cnc mill them and ran into problems that would prevent me from setting up a milling machine for a bit of time.

Was thinking of just 3D printing them. I do a lot of functional prints and stress test them all the time to see how well they hold up. I'm confident 3D printed adaptors could work just as well as milled ones. Of course the plastics I will use will only be the best and sourced from reputable suppliers. The top contenders are Ultem 9085 and PEEK 450G. Both are highly acclaimed/tested and certified for uses in high stress applications.

Probably take me a month to come up with the first prototype and I will try as best as possible to use standard components for the connections so anyone can print themselves really. Though I would of course take no responsibility for material safety in this case.

ScyOne,

androponic

vaped.
Oh, I need to do another update on the adaptors. I stated it would take me a long time to push them out, but that was because I wanted to cnc mill them and ran into problems that would prevent me from setting up a milling machine for a bit of time.

Was thinking of just 3D printing them. I do a lot of functional prints and stress test them all the time to see how well they hold up. I'm confident 3D printed adaptors could work just as well as milled ones. Of course the plastics I will use will only be the best and sourced from reputable suppliers. The top contenders are Ultem 9085 and PEEK 450G. Both are highly acclaimed/tested and certified for uses in high stress applications.

Probably take me a month to come up with the first prototype and I will try as best as possible to use standard components for the connections so anyone can print themselves really. Though I would of course take no responsibility for material safety in this case.
I would want to get in on this if it comes to be available. maybe two of them.

androponic,

Abysmal Vapor

I can imagine that a wooden stick would do just fine ,you can sand it down or trim it on a DIY lathe and cut to the size. :) I dont have a MFLB anymore ,but if i had ,that is what i would be using,it would be a decent match for the wooden box.

ScyOne

I can imagine that a wooden stick would do just fine ,you can sand it down or trim it on a DIY lathe and cut to the size. :) I dont have a MFLB anymore ,but if i had ,that is what i would be using,it would be a decent match for the wooden box.

Oh, that gives me a cool idea. I can probably turn my 3D printer into a cnc router by changing the printing head to a cnc spindle. Definitely worth thinking about.

TommyDee

Vaporitor
There you go @Junny89 - in order to use li-ion you need to pulse the power. That is what the box above does. It has a voltage regulator and a drive circuit to a FET up by the connections. I forgot to address that earlier.

For straight li-ion use, the problem with li-ion is that it had 3.6V or there about. The math - V/IR says that 3.6V divided by the Current times the ohms which is 0.07 ohms. To finish the calculation, that says that your li-ion cell must be capable of putting out around 52 amps. Find me a li-ion cell that can do that and yes, it will actually work with spades. @ScyOne has already tested that scenario.

The box is essentially a poor-man's MOD which is all the LB needs.

TommyDee,

Zoned89

oE0eHt.jpg
C3iN9r.jpg
eBb2Df.jpg

Ok so I feel like these already made
Ideas get better and better. I use a ecig mod with high amp batteries, so I’ve already got the mod AND batteries but this wooden box is clutch.
whoever makes one, just take my money! I don’t even have my box here but I want one.
On a side note, my friend found their old mflb
In a box, and let me use it today. They had the old oil can pa and it still worked lol.
Box looked new. Took me 3 trenches but I finally figured it out, and had some serious vapor production that exceeded my expectations for this little box haha. I shouldn’t have been having so much fun, cause when I went to leave he said he was gunna give me the box, but since I ordered one, and I showed him the technique you guys use here, he wanted to use it again, which is kind of funny.
Now I’m even more excited, hopefully shipping from mflb is fast cause I know how awesome it is now

junny89

There you go @Junny89 - in order to use li-ion you need to pulse the power. That is what the box above does. It has a voltage regulator and a drive circuit to a FET up by the connections. I forgot to address that earlier.

For straight li-ion use, the problem with li-ion is that it had 3.6V or there about. The math - V/IR says that 3.6V divided by the Current times the ohms which is 0.07 ohms. To finish the calculation, that says that your li-ion cell must be capable of putting out around 52 amps. Find me a li-ion cell that can do that and yes, it will actually work with spades. @ScyOne has already tested that scenario.

The box is essentially a poor-man's MOD which is all the LB needs.

cheers bud for that. Guess that’s out of the equation.

Ideas get better and better. I use a ecig mod with high amp batteries, so I’ve already got the mod AND batteries but this wooden box is clutch.
whoever makes one, just take my money! I don’t even have my box here but I want one.
In a box, and let me use it today. They had the old oil can pa and it still worked lol.
Box looked new. Took me 3 trenches but I finally figured it out, and had some serious vapor production that exceeded my expectations for this little box haha. I shouldn’t have been having so much fun, cause when I went to leave he said he was gunna give me the box, but since I ordered one, and I showed him the technique you guys use here, he wanted to use it again, which is kind of funny.
Now I’m even more excited, hopefully shipping from mflb is fast cause I know how awesome it is now
Which technique are you referring to?

TommyDee

Vaporitor

That is too funny @Vapeyvaporson :D Happy to hear you are now one of us! :bigleaf::mflb:
The next week and half is gonna SUCK! :whip:

Zoned89

That is too funny @Vapeyvaporson :D Happy to hear you are now one of us! :bigleaf::mflb:
The next week and half is gonna SUCK! :whip:
Yeah I have a glass bowl and a stainless steel onie that I’m tossing out. So hopefully it gets here soon. Ordered a small glass water cooling setup as well. Not that big but looked pretty solid and was small

cheers bud for that. Guess that’s out of the equation.

Which technique are you referring to?
Stacking hits. He was just doing a power on and hit, and then power off, shake and set it down. The amount of vapor wasn’t like my ecig by any means but was certainly better than I expected.

Vapeyvaporson,
Reactions: TommyDee

Zoned89

@Vapeyvaporson - Orbiter? You gotta get the Orbiter! :razz: <tease>
I’m going to let everything get here first. I dropped 150 on the box, plus got extra batteries, and extra case and caps plus the 80$ pa directly from mflb, and I also got a 12 pack of batteries and the concentrate trays from another vendor, plus I just got a few more zips of cbd flower, wax, and oil on the way. I gotta chill or my better half will kill me haha
But the orbiter, I was considering that as my next purchase already :razz:

junny89

Stacking hits. He was just doing a power on and hit, and then power off, shake and set it down. The amount of vapor wasn’t like my ecig by any means but was certainly better than I expected.

is that the correct method as I use this way described above also. is there a another way I’m missing ?
‘He was just doing a power on and hit, and then power off, shake and set it down.’
@Vapeyvaporson - Orbiter? You gotta get the Orbiter! :razz: <tease>
Yes yes get it! Don’t make the same mistake I did and got it after. Paid for international shipping twice ! You really need it in your life.

Zoned89

is that the correct method as I use this way described above also. is there a another way I’m missing ?
‘He was just doing a power on and hit, and then power off, shake and set it down.’

Yes yes get it! Don’t make the same mistake I did and got it after. Paid for international shipping twice ! You really need it in your life.
So what I read, and was able to recreate today, is keeping the power engaged, hitting, shaking, hitting, shaking, hitting inhale deep and exhale.
I didn’t combust, but was at say 50% on the pa and hit harder or softer depending on the vapor I saw in the window! The whole “hit” took maybe 15-20 seconds

i had a mflb a looooong time ago, maybe 8-9 years, and I used the power hit and quit method and was never happy with it and ended up gifting it. So I never REALLY used it beyond a month.
glad I came back to it tbh. For what I personally need in a vape, it checks all the boxes.

ScyOne

the solar panels I was looking at put out 30w in good condition, looks to be half the size of a briefcase when folded up.. That means it can run the mflb all day + night if you save the excess energy.

ScyOne,
Reactions: TommyDee
Top Bottom