Zoned89

Did you get the orbiter too in the end ?
I did not. I spent maybe 210 for what I got (nautilus mflb maple box, extra batteries from mflb, plus extra caps, plus extra case, plus extra stem, plus pa lol, then got the concentrate trays from another vendor (I use them frequently and needed a few other things) as well as 2 sets of powerex pro, which have been peeled, de gooed and charged, awaiting their fate.
min going to try the batteries first, And THEN the pa.
Although I have this nice gram of grape ale wax, and this gram of cbg crumble, and a fresh box would be the best way to try the trays lol.
Also have a maud dib in a shopppng cart ready to pull the trigger on that. I have concentrate randomly, always cbg/cbg/cba based, and I want to see how well the trays do, but I’m thinking the constant cleaning trench just to dab might be annoying. Plus, a second box haha. They still sell the screens, but I can see them releasing something new in a few months and I’d hate to have to get a THIRD box lol.

Vapeyvaporson,

ScyOne

I don't think people are gonna be able to 3D print the 510 adaptor themselves. 510 threads are M7 0.5 which is not common. So you would have to at least tap/die and drill a rod. Unless you already have the tap/die the cost of that alone would be around what I would charge.

I think it is better that way though. Lots of entry level printers can't print high end plastics that would be safe. So that is potentially a hazard.

ScyOne,
Reactions: Zoned89

TommyDee

Vaporitor
If you got eyes on a Muad Dib you might snag it. I'd hate to try to clean concentrate from a screen. That's probably why they invented Moad Dib. I have some of those trays but never use them. Moad Dib is just too sweet to pass up if you want to do dabs.

@Vapeyvaporson - do you do water with dabs and/or flower?

TommyDee,

Zoned89

If you got eyes on a Muad Dib you might snag it. I'd hate to try to clean concentrate from a screen. That's probably why they invented Moad Dib. I have some of those trays but never use them. Moad Dib is just too sweet to pass up if you want to do dabs.

@Vapeyvaporson - do you do water with dabs and/or flower?
Currently I just dab from a thermochromic glass banger and a j pipe, no water cooling (I know I know I’m trash guys lol)
For flower I can only have a small glass bowl and a smaller shittier one hitter.
Being an adult is weird, when I was younger I had tons of glass. My fav was a helix pipe. I’m prolly Gunna get the mflb globe or find something similar and small, but not in a rush cause it’s not my usual routine.

Vapeyvaporson,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
That's kinda why I asked. I have the Orbiter, glad to have it, but it doesn't fit in the sessions. It will one day but not current circumstances. But the reason I say Muad Dib is because all those cells you'll have work great on the MD.

...and they'll disappear from NOS and that'll be it for fresh pieces.

TommyDee,

Zoned89

That's kinda why I asked. I have the Orbiter, glad to have it, but it doesn't fit in the sessions. It will one day but not current circumstances. But the reason I say Muad Dib is because all those cells you'll have work great on the MD.

...and they'll disappear from NOS and that'll be it for fresh pieces.
Yeah I’m going to order it in the morning, I know the batteries work for it, and seemingly better plus they still sell screens, and I’ve seen some diy screens as well. Looks like it just heats up way faster.
As for water cooling. Meh. One day maybe lol

Vapeyvaporson,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
It'll glow red hot if you want with the PA :smug: And yes, it takes 1/3rd the power. About 4 amps will bake the load. The cells will do that if they're good to begin with.

TommyDee,

Zoned89

The box will be here tomorrow. Technically it’s right down the street, at the USPS place... pretty sure no ones there right nowwww.... :evil:
Or I can just get super baked and wait one more day lol :razz::cry:

Vapeyvaporson,

Zoned89

@Vapeyvaporson - I think the MD comes with two large clip-on trenches. They should last a while barring 'incidents'.
Box is here! 2 trenches down no combustion. Love the nautilus design with the maple. Pa @50 is better than fully charged powerex pro by far. I’m excited for the concentrate trays, but I’m considering getting the md right now cause sometimes I have concentrate and it looks cool
Edit:md ordered Only 9 left couldn’t pass it up. Ships from amazon not a 3rd partyand couldn’t find it anywhere else new.

Last edited:
Vapeyvaporson,
Reactions: TommyDee

TommyDee

Vaporitor
When I got my first LB, used, it came with the little trays. This is what it looked like when I got it... "Very good condition' of course. This is the one that was warrantied.

20190812_064420.jpg

TommyDee,
  • Sad

Zoned89

When I got my first LB, used, it came with the little trays. This is what it looked like when I got it... "Very good condition' of course. This is the one that was warrantied.

View attachment 897
Yeah I don’t wana mess with that tbh. Used stuff like this just not for me cause I don’t wana have the hassle of warranty stuff lol. The trays look ok, but I’ll use them as super backup the md just seems like it heats up quick with a better, and a little dab is all I’d take anyways, 99% will be cbd extract at that. Might get more cbd and cbg extracts though. So far I love the box. Going through more than I should but I’m just breaking it in and “seasoning it” lol

Vapeyvaporson,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
The buy was to learn if I even like vaping. And it worked. But it had a hole in the screen that wasn't disclosed. So they warrantied it. Good thing too because I haven't had a Jones on like that for some time. But obviously my point was that my current LB 9 months on doesn't look at all like that. I can see right through the screen at the properly varnished vape honey all over the floor of the box. I couldn't wait for the warranty box to get here so a local shop had a demo that I use daily still. I fucked combustion on that crappy buy! Can't fault that.

TommyDee,

Zoned89

Fair enough, I guess I’ve tried enough of these portable setups that I already knew it’s where I was heading finally. This thing crushes though, the pa 3.0 feels kinda cheap, but it heats up super quick lol. I do wish my actual window wasn’t too heavy on the design, hard to see what’s going on in there, I wana see the vapor gnomes doing their magic 🧝‍♂️🧝‍♀️

Zoned89

So smooth. Now I gotta wait for the md to get here :razz:
Only gripe is it looks cool but hard to see in the window. Have been mostly using my tongue in front of the stem to decide if it’s too hot or just right, haven’t combusted yet, but kinda burned my tongue a bit haha

Attachments

• 214C3C84-FDF7-4BEF-BC19-84B2988C71C8.jpeg
    214C3C84-FDF7-4BEF-BC19-84B2988C71C8.jpeg
    827.8 KB · Views: 24

junny89

Fair enough, I guess I’ve tried enough of these portable setups that I already knew it’s where I was heading finally. This thing crushes though, the pa 3.0 feels kinda cheap, but it heats up super quick lol. I do wish my actual window wasn’t too heavy on the design, hard to see what’s going on in there, I wana see the vapor gnomes doing their magic 🧝‍♂️🧝‍♀️
They asking for top dollar for that pa. more than the others. If you referring to the one you pictured below with nautilus. It looks great and high end. A lot better than my Pa! It’s all plastic. Surprised it feels cheap.

edit- anyone got the monocle edition here like me?
also has anyone tried the wooden and the dart stems? Are they any good as I have the acrylic and glass stems. Always seen these wooden ones and thought to get one. Just thought see if anyone here has tried them.

Last edited:
Junny89,

TommyDee

Vaporitor
My whole venture into Flowering Quince stems -stems- from making draw tubes for the Launch Box. Worked great and I would not use anything else. Yes, wooden stems on a LB is much better than glass in my humble opinion. Throw away the acrylic tubes. They melt.

The V3 PA is cool because they went with a break-away cord. That was snazzy!

I was looking at the Monocle and opted for the Muad Dib instead. Like @Vapeyvaporson said - it's good to look at the load. The dome of the lens makes it a little harder to focus on the whole trench. But for a collector, no doubt it belongs in a collection.

@Vapeyvaporson - that is a nice looking design. Great choice!

Zoned89

They asking for top dollar for that pa. more than the others. If you referring to the one you pictured below with nautilus. It looks great and high end. A lot better than my Pa! It’s all plastic. Surprised it feels cheap.

edit- anyone got the monocle edition here like me?
also has anyone tried the wooden and the dart stems? Are they any good as I have the acrylic and glass stems. Always seen these wooden ones and thought to get one. Just thought see if anyone here has tried them.
It doesn’t feel cheap, it feels like this is something you would show your boss as a prototype. I’ve been using it pretty hard, it’s absolutely clutch. Not sure it’s 80 clutch but we will know soon enough

I have a md on the way with the monocle look, but I wanted a pretty traditional looking box

as for stems, I hate the glass one, I dislike the acrylic one. Neither fit at all. I’ve jammed a little piece of rolling paper around the edge of the tube
And got it to wedge in tho

would like to edit:
PA set to 50-75% power is perfect. Full power for the final attempt at a trench. I made some markings on the dial because for 80$ it doesn’t come with any indicators.
the cable is a breakaway cable, like
Those magnetic MacBook cables. Looks like if it fails, it will be on that end and not the part that inserts into the mflb. The part that stick into the mflb kinda looks like it was a cutout and bent into shape, potentially some edges that could get pulled out and made sharp. It seems sturdy, it just doesn’t look as sturdy as I’d want it to.
id say im happy I got it, I don’t like the batteries in comparison, but looks like I can use those on the md so that’s fine. Hopefully it lasts, but I’m careful with my stuff so if it’s decent it will.
On an unrelated note, now I have all this avb from last night (2grams) so I guess I’m gunna Do that today haha

Last edited:
Top Bottom