Discontinued The Grasshopper

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast

[USER=10025]@newVaper420
is correct it should really milk the tube up, it is a very visually impressive vape, and the ABV should look perfectly roasted after one giant hit (I have big lungs though as I used to be a long distance runner). I use mine at 4.5 as I find 5 too dark ABV. I use a Santa Cruz shredder grinder and hand sprinkle it in to the chamber, fill the chamber up but never pack it down. I use the PFE combined with a D020-D. I start my draw slowish but start speeding up when I see some vapour but not too fast to overwhelm the heater, then the glass milks up and the whole chamber is spent in one hit.

@newVaper420 The grasshopper milks the glass really well because it has more draw resistance then say a Flowerpot Showerhead, but it doesn't mean it will be stronger just because the vapor stays in the glass rather then shooting straight into your lungs. My EVO can white wall my Hydrabomb though so I am confused why yours can't, maybe your EVO is not working as well as could be?[/USER]

Don't get me wrong, my Evo also milks a tube... I actually have two Evo's. :-) There are many variables at play here.

1. I think my hopper is running at a temperature hotter than my Cloud Evo. I have my Cloud Evo at Noon / 12:15 on the dial.

2. I think the distance between the heater and the herbage makes a difference.

Anyhow, all in all, both great devices. I'm back on the Hopper Bandwagon. If this new and improved "v5" is really the golden child, I feel like they may have redeemed themselves. Only time will tell.

I still have to send back my old combusting body.... I'll wait until Monday. I don't want to pay twice for shipping. See, I still have doubts.[/user]

habitat-fc

Actually that’s something I’ve thought of but forgot to ask:
Batteries. Is that how it works?
Never sure whether they give less power or last less time. Both?

I'm not certain but I have two batteries, one which came with the Hopper and a newer one I purchased after. I only used the one for ages and then I started to alternate them between sessions. After about a year the original one started to perform noticeably worse, as in poor vapor production and just not roasting the bowl as much as I liked, maybe a little less bowls before needing charging as well. So now I have stopped using the older battery and use only the newer battery and have had perfect sessions since.

@newVaper420 I agree they are both amazing devices, and I think you are right about the heater being closer making a difference. As the @DDave mod for the SSV moves the herb closer to the heater and I notice an increase in flavour, potency and efficiency (especially efficiency) with that mod.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Few months now. Heard from someone the stock seemed good so I'm planning on getting a few soon.wouldn't mind the increase so much if it was for a gb3 lol. Not that they exist...yet.

I must've got the last 3 at $7 bucks LOL... Yeah I have 4 GHB2's so i don't need any. But just wondering why they went up. I wonder if they switched the quality of the battery manufacturing.

guyonthecouch

I must've got the last 3 at $7 bucks LOL... Yeah I have 4 GHB2's so i don't need any. But just wondering why they went up. I wonder if they switched the quality of the battery manufacturing.
Price of lithium is continually on the rise as it's a finite resource. I'm guessing that's one of the reasons. Probably not cheap to order custom batteries either. The quality has definitely improved over time so maybe they switched factories and opted for a better manufacturer(higher costs).

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
When my GH was in repair a year ago, I kept contacting them to see when my unit would be ready. I did tell a little white lie saying I only had one other vaporizer to use and I was a medical patient. That seemed to hurry them up a bit. I am a medical patient but have several other vaporizers. I wanted to set a fire under them. They had my unit a total of one month. I think the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep contacting them. One month is very small in comparison to 4 or 5 months.

I have been using my GH more often to see if it will hold up. I’ve been using a water tube with my GH here lately.

Rel2018

If your hopper seems like it’s not getting hot enough, here’s a suggestion - get it to blue, then start sucking air, do not close it before inhale. You’ll probably see very thin vapor, but still take Hopper out of the water piece ( or your mouth ), inhale and get the hopper back in place while it’s still blue, keep sucking air and should see much thicker vapor the second time.

The challenge is with the batteries, they keep shutting off automatically. before the heater gets hot. Also big difference if the battery is fully charge or not ( even after one use it may get too weak for vapor )

Hope it helps.

Rel2018,
Reactions: Hogni

Rel2018

I do not follow your instructions properly....what do you mean exactly?

Just keep the hopper on blue light after a first, long hit. It won’t produce much vapor but then put it in the glass again ( still working on blue light between hits ) and on the second/third time you’ll see clouds forming fast. Sometimes It takes the heater really long time to start working ( and just out of personal experience use the regular mouthpiece not the pfe )

Rel2018,

Rel2018

Still not sure what you are saying that is not normal use anyway?

Keep on blue light?

You turn unit on it has a red light then blue when is supposed to be at temp and it stays blue

I do not know what else you do?

Also the heater on mine will not get hot at all anymore, the back end does though - I am sure you and I are not the only ones who tried giving it more time to heat up?

Have you read through this thread to see all the different experiences and faults?

I have left a couple of long posts with ways I "fixed" mine previously too

As of now mine is dead.....

Forget it dude, was just trying to help. I have 2 hopper bodies with one backend. both not producing much vapor for 2 different reasons. Maybe it’s very obvious what I posted, whatever, hope you get yours to work or repaired quickly. Good luck

Rel2018,

Rel2018

Edited comments to look less attitude - then turns my telling you to chill into you telling me....

switch and bait and more shite - a lot of effort yet none in trying to explain to ppl what you actually meant....

:tup:

I thought I was clear the first 2 posts. If anyone else complains besides you I promise to try and explain a third time:tup:

Rel2018,

Rel2018

I did not complain - I asked you to explain what you mean

You would rather a pissing contest and keep editing the smart mouth comments to look less of a #$%

You could explain what you mean by keep on the blue lights

Does yours change colour from blue?

Do you have purple lights

Coz mine goes from red to blue and stays blue until you either turn it off or the battery dies

Soooo

with your super powers of communication - how does your unit work and wtf do you mean by keep the blue light on?

If of course you are trying to help ppl as you say....

Here goes:
Keep on blue lights in between draws. Meaning, do not click the backend to shut the GH off. Leave it working while you clear the bong from the little vapor it produced and go again. On the second or 3rd draw you may see thick clouds forming. NORMALLY I would shut it off after a draw or it shuts off automatically.

Is it more clear what I’m trying to say ? And if it’s abvious for you then sorry I waisted your time.

Rel2018

Thank you
Now I understand what you are saying

You did not mention that you meant to keep the unit on as opposed to turning it off in between draws to save battery power

Now I understand you I can say that I have tried this method a while back and was getting results similar to what you describe

No longer does this work for me sadly, hopefully my new body fixes my issues or I will have to send my back end in also, which will mean a much longer wait to get my hopper back

See how much nicer and easier things are when we just communicate and not become offended?

A simple back and forth and everyone starts to understand each other with no animosity and we also actually share knowledge

Again - I thank you for your input and hope this helps someone else - but unfortunately for me it is not the fixer

Happy vaping all and good luck to everyone dealing with these frustrating yet temporarily great units.....

Sorry friend we’re cool, It was just a conversation gone wrong. We are all here for the same reason, trying to help each other.

I know that the “solution” I gave may be temporary but if it revived my unit for some more time I’m happy to share the info.

Edit: one more thing I noticed is that a fully charged battery will perform better then the 2nd use of the same battery.

Good luck with the new units!

Last edited:

°k

The sound of vapor
Sorry friend we’re cool, It was just a conversation gone wrong. We are all here for the same reason, trying to help each other.

I know that the “solution” I gave may be temporary but if it revived my unit for some more time I’m happy to share the info.

Edit: one more thing I noticed is that a fully charged battery will perform better then the 2nd use of the same battery.

Good luck with the new units!

Yes we are all good from my end too bud :)

I was happy when I did get temporary fix from different options

I will be properly happy if I get a working and reliable unit though

And this folks is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. ;)

Mr. Whitewall

Any time I read this sort of statement I fail to see the logic behind it. This only means you will wait even longer than if you just sent it in the moment they invite you to open an RMA. It's a first in/first out thing, so I don't really get the motivation behind that.

To get the very latest heater design possible.

Also because I didn't think they were fixing many units properly as per user reports here of inconsistent behaviour and combustion on 5, from a few weeks/months back.

And partly because I read some people were getting scratches on their units... Thought it was because they didn't handle them with care.
Waiting 5 months at HLabs in a drawer with X other units getting scratched every time it is opened, or here at home it won't matter. At least I know I'll take care of my stuff. FWIW I did raise the issue with them and got no reply about it.

Rel2018

So here’s an update on the new spare body received about a month and a half ago.

Now the GH shuts off automatically after a few seconds, with all 5 batteries. Seems like the heater can still get hot enough for a good draw but because of the auto shut, it manages to vape very little.

Now waiting for V5 to save the day, my guess right now is that it’s going to last about the same amount of time, hopefully I’m wrong...

Thebigsmoke

Hi everyone just an update on my grasshopper ownership. My third unit from Namaste vapes has the cop lights I have managed to get it working again twice by applying some pressure on the battery contact inside the unit with a que tip. Although it doesn't seem to get as hot when it's working again.

This will be my forth unit in 3 months. This one lasted the longest I used it quite heavily maybe 5 or 6 bowls a day mostly through a bong. I used it this way because I babied the first 2 units(not using at full temp and no water pipe usage) and they lasted just over 2 weeks each.

I have been offered store credit or an immediate replacement .Namaste were out off stock for a few weeks there but they have them in now so I'm hoping there the newer units as the 3 units I had were old stock (serial numbers in the early 5000s) I'm going to give it one more go and if the new unit is old stock or fails I'm going to take store credit and jump off the hopper train for good.
I noticed a post on the last page about somebody asking about a red light coming on when changing the battery. My last unit did this as there was a short somewhere causing it. I also noticed that it made a sqreaching noise when the red light flickered I had to have it replaced so maybe be ready for an rma soon. Good luck everybody with there working units. Long may they last

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok guys I’m about a week in with my v5 Grasshopper. So far knock on wood everything is working great.
  1. I have not turned on my Cloud Evo once since I got the Hopper back (I have two Evo’s which shows how much I love that thing.)
  2. The Hopper is enabling me to use less material surprisingly.
  3. I have 4 GHB2’s that I cycle through. I use about 1.5g a day (medical user)
  4. I brought it outside the past two days and used with regular mouthpiece with silicon tip.
  5. I dread the day it’s not going to work. Hopefully that day never comes.

Baron23

Ok guys I’m about a week in with my v5 Grasshopper. So far knock on wood everything is working great.
  1. I have not turned on my Cloud Evo once since I got the Hopper back (I have two Evo’s which shows how much I love that thing.)
  2. The Hopper is enabling me to use less material surprisingly.
  3. I have 4 GHB2’s that I cycle through. I use about 1.5g a day (medical user)
  4. I brought it outside the past two days and used with regular mouthpiece with silicon tip.
  5. I dread the day it’s not going to work. Hopefully that day never comes.
What temp are you running it at? I ask because my "repaired" GHs have to be run at max temp...and even then, they are cooler than OG at 4.2.

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
New v5 body received today. Lasted one second... turned on, red LEDs, then black. Tried 5 batteries, 2 different backends. At least they are consistent.

Damn. Sorry to hear that.

What temp are you running it at? I ask because my "repaired" GHs have to be run at max temp...and even then, they are cooler than OG at 4.2.

I’m running at 3.5 - 4. It’s pretty dark roast.

MonkeyTime

Mine came back running much cooler too. It seems they were playing with temps for a while, that or manufacturing tolerances are THAT far off. Some were combusting on return, some like mine, are much cooler.

Then again, now it won't stay on. Click on, the lights flash for a second, then nothing. Click again, same thing. Not like it's turning it off, but on again.

Maybe I'll have it back for St Patrick's 2019!

Top Bottom