• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

JoeMama

I try not to be judgmental, but a class action lawsuit would be the stupidest option. Not just because it would endanger GHL as they struggle out of their formative stage.

The instant a suit is filed, GHL can NEVER admit there is anything wrong with the device because that would be evidence used against them. The only hope there is of getting them to talk to us more (or at all) is if we try to work with them. If you decide all you want is revenge for their actions (or lack thereof) sue away, but then you can kiss any hope of seeing a hopper with these issues resolved goodbye. :2c:
Just to be clear, Moon, *I* was one of the "nays".:tup:

JoeMama

Oh, I know, Joe. Never doubted ya.

I should have been clearer myself. My use of "you" was in the general; not a YOU you. My apologies.

:tup:
No worries... You might have misused "you", but otherwise your punctuation and grammar was excellent! :clap::tup::rofl:

MoltenTiger

fuck grease I like the blue tac idea remove dirt not add something that's not supposed to be there
Yeah, I'll give a blu-tac dab a go now. I also have some electronic cleaning polymer goop stuff which has been basically useless until now, but it's in storage. I think blue tac is possibly the quickest solution seeing how difficult it is to wipe the fine threads.

...well I gave it a go, not because I needed to but because I wanted an excuse for some kush ;)
It works perfectly, requires little effort too.
You can also use it to clean the notches and +\- pretty effectively.
2r2oite.jpg

Terrible macro shot but the gist is there.
I had rarely cleaned my other hoppers back end as it stays cool, but it had a lot more dust in it. It can act as an abrasive agent destroying the threads so it's best cleaned out.
qn1mk3.jpg

The kush was strong. It's too early in the day :tup::zzz:

Last edited:

JoeMama

Yeah, I'll give a blu-tac dab a go now. I also have some electronic cleaning polymer goop stuff which has been basically useless until now, but it's in storage. I think blue tac is possibly the quickest solution seeing how difficult it is to wipe the fine threads.

...well I gave it a go, not because I needed to but because I wanted an excuse for some kush ;)
2r2oite.jpg

I had rarely cleaned my other hoppers back end as it stays cool, but it had a lot more dust in it. It can act as an abrasive agent destroying the threads so it's best cleaned out.
qn1mk3.jpg

I've been all over the internet and all I can find on "blue tac" is a chain lubricant. What is this Blue Tac stuff? Is it better than DetoxIT?

Mr. Me2

2r2oite.jpg

qn1mk3.jpg

Did you just apply the blu tac, or was there any rubbing/twisting around the threads.

When I first looked at your first pic, I thought it was a tissue, but on closer look, I guess that's the blu tac. Right?

MoltenTiger

Did you just apply the blu tac, or was there any rubbing/twisting around the threads.

When I first looked at your first pic, I thought it was a tissue, but on closer look, I guess that's the blu tac. Right?
I went to town. It's kind of like playing with play-dough and not half bad after a few chambers :cool:
The +/- leave cool embossed patterns. I should have taken a photo with that in it, but I only have an old phone so gave up by that point
Initially, just before the photo I took, I just got a fresh slab of Bostik Blu-tac (it's worth it to get Bostik) and stuck it to the threads and pulled it off, applying minimal pressure. You can see there is black grime on the badly photographed/coloured blu-tac which shows a stripe representing the threads. It cleaned about 90% of the gunk from the threads in that one quick dab, I then proceeded to apply pressure and movement and then moved on to the +/- which were much grimier and more reluctant to be cleaned.
I then did my other back end which had about 3x as much grit. After cleaning it it is noticeably a lot smoother to twist on/off, possibly cleaner than I ever remember either hopper :)
I'd expect sticky keyboard cleaners would work as well or better though Blu-tac has much less scent (still strange smelling, it also stretches to be white in colour, as it has done a bit in my pic) it's also non-volatile and non-toxic but it tastes pretty terrible

PS I guess blu-tac isn't a common household item the world over? How do you guys stick up posters? @JoeMama

PPS lol I just remembered I also tried cleaning the air intake holes (pointless, no yield) and the mouth piece hole. The blu-tac kind of congeals with resin and I would not recommend doing this :sherlock:

My grasshopper has been taking up twenty seconds to heat up lately, when it does heat up it has been combusting

My plain Ti is currently doing this. Probably not 20s but longer than normal. Mine's in the process of dying and the same symptoms graced it before it failed me last time with sensor issues. At the moment I'm getting occasional power failures

Last edited:

Icon13

Serial Vapist

Probably not. They usually tear around the circumstance of the end, which is still exposed if you use those covers. Typically longer cells will be the ones to tear because the cell compartment of the charger is a couple millimeters too small and requires pressure to pop the battery in. Usually this is the case with 18650 because they are usually the longest battery that fits in spring loaded lithium ion Chargers.

The best thing that you can do is pull the spring loaded contact all the way back and drop the battery in without scraping either end on anything. That is what will keep your batteries in proper condition. Conversely, pull the spring-loaded contact back and lift the battery out without scraping either end when done charging.

jabba

I try not to be judgmental, but a class action lawsuit would be the stupidest option. Not just because it would endanger GHL as they struggle out of their formative stage.

The instant a suit is filed, GHL can NEVER admit there is anything wrong with the device because that would be evidence used against them. The only hope there is of getting them to talk to us more (or at all) is if we try to work with them. If you decide all you want is revenge for their actions (or lack thereof) sue away, but then you can kiss any hope of seeing a hopper with these issues resolved goodbye. :2c:

Hear hear. Not to mention....whomever feels the need to sue over a $175 vape pen issue should really find a hobby or some way to help pass their leisure time. I am not a litigious guy....and the mere notion of suing Hopper Labs is absolutely laughable.

Edit: No offense to those whose trigger finger is on their lawyer's speed dial number.

Last edited:

JoeMama

Haven't you guys ever lifted cartoons off of paper with Silly Putty? Same kind of thing. :nod:

What kind of sorcery is this?!?
Ah, the days when me and Mutt 'n Jeff, Archie, Nancy and Peanuts (of course) would have fun with Silly Putty. :myday:

Hear hear. Not to mention....whomever feels the need to sue over a $175 vape pen issue should really find a hobby or some way to help pass their leisure time. I am not a litigious guy....and the mere notion of suing Hopper Labs is absolutely laughable.

Edit: No offense to those whose trigger finger is on their lawyer's speed dial number.

Yeah, I dunno who it was, since I hardly visit Reddit... I only signed up when I was waiting for the Hopper and was looking for as much data as I could get.

And yeah, "class action"... It's kind of a deplorable move to want to make. Gee I hope I don't get in trouble for using such a bad word. :razz::lmao:

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I know I'm not gonna take the most likeable position on this issue, but if the same thing that happened to lovecrush happened to me, and some sort of bodily injury occurred to me causing me incredible pain or what not, then yes I would sue for my medical expenses (that is if they didn't work with me to make things right).

However, just for the pen not working or breaking, not a chance. My 360 broke 5 times and never once did I think about suing. However, I never needed to worry about my safety with that.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
And yeah, "class action"... It's kind of a deplorable move to want to make. Gee I hope I don't get in trouble for using such a bad word. :razz::lmao:

Just don't use "you". I hear that one's verboten.;)

I know I'm not gonna take the most likeable position on this issue, but if the same thing that happened to lovecrush happened to me, and some sort of bodily injury occurred to me causing me incredible pain or what not, then yes I would sue for my medical expenses (that is if they didn't work with me to make things right).

However, just for the pen not working or breaking, not a chance. My 360 broke 5 times and never once did I think about suing. However, I never needed to worry about my safety with that.

Injuries due to manufacturer negligence is one thing and would be actionable, I think. This is not that. Hopefully, it never will be.

Ok fellow fckers they say that confession is good for ....

I have VAS ocd with cleaning. I boil the mouthpiece and silicone after every use. When adjusted i forgot about it till the smoke alarm went off. Dam that mouthpiece was hot but it looked good and screwed on flawlessly. However the draw seemed restricted when i tried to use it. It rattled and i could not see through it to the sky (light). I haven't been able to get it apart yet too c if i can repair it. I saw the picture of it in the repair resource video.

Luckily i ordered a new mouthpiece which came today and the sky is visible so who knows what baking did to mine.

After laughing at my idiocy could someone tell me about the parts in the mouthpiece and guess why cannot i see the sky.

MonsterWithoutBorders,

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
Ok fellow fckers they say that confession is good for ....

I have VAS ocd with cleaning. I boil the mouthpiece and silicone after every use. When adjusted i forgot about it till the smoke alarm went off. Dam that mouthpiece was hot but it looked good and screwed on flawlessly. However the draw seemed restricted when i tried to use it. It rattled and i could not see through it to the sky (light). I haven't been able to get it apart yet too c if i can repair it. I saw the picture of it in the repair resource video.

Luckily i ordered a new mouthpiece which came today and the sky is visible so who knows what baking did to mine.

After laughing at my idiocy could someone tell me about the parts in the mouthpiece and guess why cannot i see the sky.

Yes. There is a plastic piece that connects to the screen. It's a little tube. My guess is you melted that in the boiling water.

Kalessin

My guess is to direct the vapor into a straight stream to the hole of the mouthpiece instead of it swirling in the metal mouthpiece?
I tried taking my screen assembly out and replacing it with a finer mesh ss screen. The vapor was unbearable and that's speaking as someone who uses it on 5 natively. Whatever that cone is, it soaks up a ton of excess heat from the vapor stream

Top Bottom