• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Please do not imply that another member is trolling. If you think someone is breaking the rules, report the post and do not respond in public. Use a PM if you feel a response is required. If no rules are broken then simply ignore the post and move on. Thanks for your cooperation.
Just wanna say that I appreciate the active presence of the mods here. It's nice that things never go too far off the rails on these forums. THANKS FOLKS!!:clap::tup:

JoeMama

Hi GH Experts, i need your help:

My first GH had a defect on the backend after working really good for about 8 months. I have / had the ss model.

I'm very happy to get good service from my vendor (verdampftnochmal.de), who will give me a new one. I have the opportunity to upgrade to the titanium version or choose a different vape.

So what are the pro and cons for ss or titanium?

Thanks for your time!

I have both and prefer my Ti mostly for the weight difference as I tend to like to fiddle with the grasshopper in my hand ... you know like a pen!

Answering the above former and affirming the latter, although I don't have SS, I have the Ti and I love the heft of it. It's hard to put down.
It's my blankie.

Last edited:

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Hi GH Experts, i need your help:

My first GH had a defect on the backend after working really good for about 8 months. I have / had the ss model.

I'm very happy to get good service from my vendor (verdampftnochmal.de), who will give me a new one. I have the opportunity to upgrade to the titanium version or choose a different vape.

So what are the pro and cons for ss or titanium?

Thanks for your time!
Titanium is lighter and more scratch resistant than stainless steel. I have a SS and am waiting on my Ti preorder.

My SS isn't getting scratched up much, but it does feel just a tiny bit on the heavy side to me. I think the Ti will have the perfect weight and balance.

You can't go wrong either way, the differences are very minor. Most people would probably be better off saving money and going with SS.

grokit

well-worn member
High peeps, I've been out of this thread for a while. I have had my green ti hopper for a year or so, and really like the stealth and fat one-hits. I had perfect performance but the back end fell apart, it was the old style with the split ring and it finally popped open. Hopper labs quickly sent me a new back end that's much better constructed. But this new back end heats up a lot, which takes away from the experience of using it, and seems to run the battery down faster. I got my milaana around this time and like it quite a bit as well. But now I'm missing my hopper. What's the latest skinny on the too-hot back ends; resolved or...?

moondog

High peeps, I've been out of this thread for a while. I have had my green ti hopper for a year or so, and really like the stealth and fat one-hits. I had perfect performance but the back end fell apart, it was the old style with the split ring and it finally popped open. Hopper labs quickly sent me a new back end that's much better constructed. But this new back end heats up a lot, which takes away from the experience of using it, and seems to run the battery down faster. I got my milaana around this time and like it quite a bit as well. But now I'm missing my hopper. What's the latest skinny on the too-hot back ends; resolved or...?
Don't have one of my own yet, but my understanding from others' experience here is that a properly operating back end should NOT get hot. One thing to do is to check the Grasshopper Fixes Resource for several DIY tricks for eliminating the hot back end: http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/grasshopper-fixes.11/.

Copacetic

Somewhere North of The Wall
For what it's worth:
I have received one of @Kfirrer 's 3D printed hopper cases the other day, and although I can't yet vouch for fit (my hopper and batt's are still en-route) I'm pretty happy with what's turned up................
..........I'll be back to report on fit once my Hopper arrives.

BTW @Kfirrer , you need to get a 'manufacturer' tag or the mods will take exception to you posting regarding stuff you're selling.
Find a mod, click on their name, click on 'start a conversation' and hopefully they will be able to advise you further.

So, I quoted myself :uhoh:, sorry.
My Hopper has arrived, and I now know how the Hopper fits @Kfirrer s 3D printed case.

I now have a spare battery, herb container, and the Hopper all in the case, and they fit perfectly.
Real snug.
There's no lengthwise rattling at all, and the battery and herb container don't rattle at all.
There's a really tiny rattle from the Hopper if you shake it hard 'sideways', but it's REALLY minimal.

And the case gives every impression that it will be very durable, and offer great protection.
At this price point I'm very impressed.
Aesthetics could be improved, and I'd love a wooden 'dugout' styled case in a similar style.
I'm certain that that would cost more though, so for a budget solution this plastic model is great.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grasshopper-vape-case-/282115782363?nav=SEARCH

I think that a dugout styled captive lid would even work in plastic.
Less chance to drop fiddly little lids when ' in the field '.

The grey I chose is a little 'institutional', but unobtrusive at least.
If I were to get another I think I'd go for the black.

I've only hit the Hopper about 6 times, but so far it seems to work as intended.
I just had a monster rip through water @5.
Harsh but huge, my D020-D was a little overwhelmed, I think I'm gonna have to dig out the WeedStar 'Double bubble' for this little beast @5.

Taste seems pretty good, but I think I prefer my Milaana by some margin for flavour.

First impression is that this is a very capable little vape, but somewhat hot/harsh at the temps that get you satisfying clouds (ok, very subjective, but still...).

I haven't noticed any heat at the rear of the vape at all, but I do find some care is needed to avoid the mouthpiece getting uncomfortably hot (looks to be do-able with a little practice though).

I'm going to give the Hopper a couple of weeks then re-assess.

JoeMama

So, I quoted myself :uhoh:, sorry.
My Hopper has arrived, and I now know how the Hopper fits @Kfirrer s 3D printed case.

I now have a spare battery, herb container, and the Hopper all in the case, and they fit perfectly.
Real snug.
There's no lengthwise rattling at all, and the battery and herb container don't rattle at all.
There's a really tiny rattle from the Hopper if you shake it hard 'sideways', but it's REALLY minimal.

And the case gives every impression that it will be very durable, and offer great protection.
At this price point I'm very impressed.
Aesthetics could be improved, and I'd love a wooden 'dugout' styled case in a similar style.
I'm certain that that would cost more though, so for a budget solution this plastic model is great.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Grasshopper-vape-case-/282115782363?nav=SEARCH

I think that a dugout styled captive lid would even work in plastic.
Less chance to drop fiddly little lids when ' in the field '.

The grey I chose is a little 'institutional', but unobtrusive at least.
If I were to get another I think I'd go for the black.

I've only hit the Hopper about 6 times, but so far it seems to work as intended.
I just had a monster rip through water @5.
Harsh but huge, my D020-D was a little overwhelmed, I think I'm gonna have to dig out the WeedStar 'Double bubble' for this little beast @5.

Taste seems pretty good, but I think I prefer my Milaana by some margin for flavour.

First impression is that this is a very capable little vape, but somewhat hot/harsh at the temps that get you satisfying clouds (ok, very subjective, but still...).

I haven't noticed any heat at the rear of the vape at all, but I do find some care is needed to avoid the mouthpiece getting uncomfortably hot (looks to be do-able with a little practice though).

I'm going to give the Hopper a couple of weeks then re-assess.
I hope that @Kfirrer 's eBay status hasn't changed.. I went to the link and decided to buy but the "transaction is blocked for this seller". Hopefully it's just a glitch and will be resolved shortly.

Thanks for that post, @Copacetic , that's what I needed to hear! I really love @Ratchett 's leather case, but for running errands for a few hours, this hard-case is just right. I agree that it could look slicker, but if it keeps Hopper healthy, I'm happy.

Congrats on your Ti... I hope it's trouble-free!

MoltenTiger

My external charger died, just thought I'd drop a line alerting to the fact that charging multiple batteries with the hopper charger is less than ideal.

If you have multiple batteries, pick up an Xtar MC2 charger (can be used with a USB powerbank/solar cell and is quality, compact and affordable).

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Okay, my first post as a Hopper user, but I have to be brief today.
I got a plain Ti and a SS for wife and myself, plus two SS for daughters (those two are untested as yet, except to see them turn on and off once).
The Ti and SS are both working perfectly as far as I can tell. No heat issues in back end at all.
My primary comment is that I was surprised at the amount of heat that the body builds up very quickly if you try multiple hits. Uncomfortable to hold, but not a burning heat, so....I can see right away the one-hitter aspect of the Hopper. So far I'm finding a light load, no tamping, is giving some very nice hits, like 4 to 6 or so and I've been staying just below the 4th (390C) hash mark.

I'm still high in several ways from last night. Hopping was accomplished at Lincoln Center's Damrosh Park while attending The Last Waltz 40th Anniversary show, at about 10th row, center. Levon Helm's (rip) Ramble Band with guests from Buddy Miller to Dr. John to Lucinda Williams to Bobby Ace Weir. Larry Campbell did a terrific job with musical direction, and some real fine guitar playing. I loved every single minute of the show, and Hopper had a great time too!

Best t-shirt of the day, "Make America Grateful Again".

And kudos to whomever put the urinal cake likeness of Donald Trump in the pisser. Huuuuge laughs from everyone! New Yorker's understand the Donald so well.

Hopped around the campus at Lincoln Center ('evening, officer!'), in our seats and also in a couple of spots inside Grand Central Station. This thing's gonna be like the Travelocity Gnome!

So, I can't say I'm totally sold on Hopping yet, it's all too new, but for this excursion, I can't imagine using Mighty with the same abandon (lack of concern).

Did I mention the most excellent flavor coming outta this thing? And it seems highly efficient, pun intended!

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I got a plain Ti and a SS for wife and myself, plus two SS for daughters (those two are untested as yet, except to see them turn on and off once).
The Ti and SS are both working perfectly as far as I can tell. No heat issues in back end at all.
My primary comment is that I was surprised at the amount of heat that the body builds up very quickly if you try multiple hits. Uncomfortable to hold, but not a burning heat, so....I can see right away the one-hitter aspect of the Hopper. So far I'm finding a light load, no tamping, is giving some very nice hits, like 4 to 6 or so and I've been staying just below the 4th (390C) hash mark.

I'm still high in several ways from last night. Hopping was accomplished at Lincoln Center's Damrosh Park while attending The Last Waltz 40th Anniversary show, at about 10th row, center. Levon Helm's (rip) Ramble Band with guests from Buddy Miller to Dr. John to Lucinda Williams to Bobby Ace Weir. Larry Campbell did a terrific job with musical direction, and some real fine guitar playing. I loved every single minute of the show, and Hopper had a great time too!

And kudos to whomever put the urinal cake likeness of Donald Trump in the pisser. Huuuuge laughs from everyone! New Yorker's understand the Donald so well.

Hopped around the campus at Lincoln Center ('evening, officer!'), in our seats and also in a couple of spots inside Grand Central Station. This thing's gonna be like the Travelocity Gnome!

So, I can't say I'm totally sold on Hopping yet, it's all too new, but for this excursion, I can't imagine using Mighty with the same abandon (lack of concern).

Did I mention the most excellent flavor coming outta this thing? And it seems highly efficient, pun intended!

Wow, so am I understanding that you used the hopper inside GCT? Wow, that's bold. On the tracks waiting for a train, or in the main area?

I'm pumped to get it. I have that same lack of concern with my Mighty, cause I just pretend it's an e-cig. SO many people have those big boxes that pump out the clouds.

I am excited to get my hopper at some point LOL. I have a feeling though I'll need a bunch of packs to get me to where my mighty gets me.

moondog

DAMN! Great show. And what a fine maiden hopping voyage.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow, so am I understanding that you used the hopper inside GCT? Wow, that's bold. On the tracks waiting for a train, or in the main area?

I'm pumped to get it. I have that same lack of concern with my Mighty, cause I just pretend it's an e-cig. SO many people have those big boxes that pump out the clouds.

I am excited to get my hopper at some point LOL. I have a feeling though I'll need a bunch of packs to get me to where my mighty gets me.
GC is quieter at 10:30 pm. I used Hopper in one of the long corridors that leads from street to the Main Concourse, and also on platform. Train was filling up, so there's the walking along next to it for a bunch of cars full of passengers. I decided to not give a crap whether they saw me or not as I walked past them, boarding several cars farther down. As you say, the e-cig thing has given us a lot of cover in these situations!

I have Mighty, too, and I'm finding (initially) that Hopper is using less material to yield great effect. But once home from NYC, a nice session with Mighty really hit the spot!

Baron23

GC is quieter at 10:30 pm. I used Hopper in one of the long corridors that leads from street to the Main Concourse, and also on platform. Train was filling up, so there's the walking along next to it for a bunch of cars full of passengers. I decided to not give a crap whether they saw me or not as I walked past them, boarding several cars farther down. As you say, the e-cig thing has given us a lot of cover in these situations!

I have Mighty, too, and I'm finding (initially) that Hopper is using less material to yield great effect. But once home from NYC, a nice session with Mighty really hit the spot!
Thanks for the write up and what a concert!! Wow, I'm envious :D:rockon::clap:

Baron23,

crazferret

I received my Hopper on July 22nd after just over a year in pre-order status. LOVE IT!!! It is everything I was looking for. A touch too hot on the lips, so I was glad to have the silicone mouthpiece. Unfortunately, I am having an issue charging the device. I reached out to Hopper Labs on July 25th, letting them know...

1) I attached the charger to my Hopper. It lit up and I believe had blinking red lights while attached.

2) Later in the weekend, the device prompted me for a charge (blinking red when I was trying to heat up).

3) I once again attached my charger to the Hopper. As soon as the magnet attached to my Hopper, it lit up red for a second then went dark. I tried unplugging the device into a different outlet, etc. No luck. I thought maybe the light function wasn't working, but it may still be charging. I left my Hopper plugged in for a while. When I came back to it, the Hopper was still dead.

4) I purchased additional batteries. I put a fresh one in and resumed using my Hopper. Showing me the Hopper is still working well, but the charger doesn't.

I thought I had a solution when Caroline responded, "You can try plugging your Charger into the device and the USB port. Then, leaving your Hopper and Charger attached, disconnect the Charger from the USB port and then reconnect it to the USB port. If you still only see 1 red light, please log in to your account on GHVape.com, register your device, and submit a warranty request."

Well. the suggestion didn't work. July 29th I submitted a warranty request. It states that I will hear back in three business days. A week later and I am still waiting to find out what their solution will be. I'm assuming I will lose my Hopper. I have two extra batteries. Two of the three are drained. I've been clinging to the last one. I figure I will run the Hopper down once I hear back from Caroline.

I am strongly considering picking up a Nitecore D2 charger. If there is an actual issue with my Hopper, I am hoping this warranty request will sniff it out. I've read a few people have experienced this issue as well. It sucks to finally get this pen and not be able to use it.

crazferret,

Mr. Me2

I received my Hopper on July 22nd after just over a year in pre-order status. LOVE IT!!! It is everything I was looking for. A touch too hot on the lips, so I was glad to have the silicone mouthpiece. Unfortunately, I am having an issue charging the device. I reached out to Hopper Labs on July 25th, letting them know...

1) I attached the charger to my Hopper. It lit up and I believe had blinking red lights while attached.

2) Later in the weekend, the device prompted me for a charge (blinking red when I was trying to heat up).

3) I once again attached my charger to the Hopper. As soon as the magnet attached to my Hopper, it lit up red for a second then went dark. I tried unplugging the device into a different outlet, etc. No luck. I thought maybe the light function wasn't working, but it may still be charging. I left my Hopper plugged in for a while. When I came back to it, the Hopper was still dead.

4) I purchased additional batteries. I put a fresh one in and resumed using my Hopper. Showing me the Hopper is still working well, but the charger doesn't.

I thought I had a solution when Caroline responded, "You can try plugging your Charger into the device and the USB port. Then, leaving your Hopper and Charger attached, disconnect the Charger from the USB port and then reconnect it to the USB port. If you still only see 1 red light, please log in to your account on GHVape.com, register your device, and submit a warranty request."

Well. the suggestion didn't work. July 29th I submitted a warranty request. It states that I will hear back in three business days. A week later and I am still waiting to find out what their solution will be. I'm assuming I will lose my Hopper. I have two extra batteries. Two of the three are drained. I've been clinging to the last one. I figure I will run the Hopper down once I hear back from Caroline.

I am strongly considering picking up a Nitecore D2 charger. If there is an actual issue with my Hopper, I am hoping this warranty request will sniff it out. I've read a few people have experienced this issue as well. It sucks to finally get this pen and not be able to use it.
Definitely get the external charger. You can order it from Amazon and have it in 2 days.

I haven't used my gh charger once, and don't plan to!

slcbdco

Brewer, Lobbyist, Vaporist

I'm a Juilliard grad so it's nice to hear the hopper infesting my alma mater! I remember smoking bowls and joints finding the places without security guards in College at the "olde" Lincoln center plaza. Of course if they don't want people getting high, making what used to be a hard marble plaza a grassy knoll definitely sends the wrong message!

As for stealth I've definitely hopped at Penn Station, and often in the airport, it can't get stealthier.

WoodyWeedPecker

I received my Hopper. I'm a bit disappointed because I think I got the hot backend issue. I will probably need to send it back. At the moment, I can't hit the hopper with any kind of regularity. Either I clear my bowl it in one or 2 hits at 5, coughing vapor, or only get flimsy vapor at temp other than 4.5-5.

But I also noticed high level of draw resistance on my gh. Is it normal or am I too used to the LSV/MFLB/Nano?

Does your gh make a "whistling" sounds when you draw from it? On my hopper, I can draw hard without making aspiration/whistling sound but then the draw sensor doesn't pick it up and shut down the hopper (and get only flimsy vapor) after 13 seconds.

I can't comment anymore because I think I have the hot backend issue, so I'll continue to use the E-Nano and the LSV (dome screen) as my daily drivers. Experimenting with the gh at the same time. I was just wondering about the draw resistance and the noise it makes when I draw.

@Justpassedu What happened with your unit? Did you send it back?

Last edited:
WoodyWeedPecker,
Reactions: Vapor_Eyes

Baron23

Definitely get the external charger. You can order it from Amazon and have it in 2 days.

I haven't used my gh charger once, and don't plan to!
Well twist my arm, why don't ya?

Ordered! :D
Yeah, me too. Used GH charger once....I have a ND-4 and four batteries (one in the GH and three in one of Delta 3D Studios GH battery case) and rotate batteries into it as they are used up. Been working fine.

YaFreekin Right

I received my Hopper. I'm a bit disappointed because I think I got the hot backend issue. I will probably need to send it back. At the moment, I can't hit the hopper with any kind of regularity. Either I clear my bowl it in one or 2 hits at 5, coughing vapor, or only get flimsy vapor at temp other than 4.5-5.

But I also noticed high level of draw resistance on my gh. Is it normal or am I too used to the LSV/MFLB/Nano?

Does your gh make a "whistling" sounds when you draw from it? On my hopper, I can draw hard without making aspiration/whistling sound but then the draw sensor doesn't pick it up and shut down the hopper (and get only flimsy vapor) after 13 seconds.

I can't comment anymore because I think I have the hot backend issue, so I'll continue to use the E-Nano and the LSV (dome screen) as my daily drivers. Experimenting with the gh at the same time. I was just wondering about the draw resistance and the noise it makes when I draw.

No whistling on my unit & I find the draw restriction to be about perfect. My guess is you are over packing it.

Could you elaborate on you think you have a hot backend issue? Does it produce instant heat at the back similar to where the heater is just below in the intake holes? Have you been clicking the unit off several seconds before the end of your draw to reduce overall heat?

Mr. Me2

Have you looked at the gh resources page to help you troubleshoot? There are some fixes there worth trying that may help you.

Top Bottom