Discontinued The Grasshopper

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
If you have one laying around the 18mm teflon adapter ring from the Sublimator fits snugly over the end of the GH for an airtight handsfree seal with water tools. I still hold it just in case but it's an nice alternative to the silicone cap.
Would it work well as a mouthpiece? Seems like it might block more heat than the silicone which gets quite warm.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
It doesn't extend from the mouthpiece so all it would do is keep your lips away from the metal.
I might look into this further. I usually one-hit the hopper but sometimes I go for a session. The silicone doesn't protect against the heat completely, and I'm not a big fan of the way silicone feels on my lips and it absorbs odor quickly and stains quickly.

I don't mind the vapor stream at all, the mouthpiece just gets a little hot on the lips after multiple consecutive hits.

Mr. Me2

So...yesterday I felt some heat from the backend of my gh for the 1st time. Nothing crazy, but definitely noticeable. Up to this point, I have had ZERO backend heat.

Then I checked the temp setting and saw that it was up to around 4.5. I NEVER use my gh at temps that high. I returned the temp to 3 (my sweet spot), and no backend heat!

It looks like, on my gh at least, temp setting impacts backend heat. Who knew!?!

dac13

I received my Hopper on July 22nd after just over a year in pre-order status. LOVE IT!!! It is everything I was looking for. A touch too hot on the lips, so I was glad to have the silicone mouthpiece. Unfortunately, I am having an issue charging the device. I reached out to Hopper Labs on July 25th, letting them know...

1) I attached the charger to my Hopper. It lit up and I believe had blinking red lights while attached.

2) Later in the weekend, the device prompted me for a charge (blinking red when I was trying to heat up).

3) I once again attached my charger to the Hopper. As soon as the magnet attached to my Hopper, it lit up red for a second then went dark. I tried unplugging the device into a different outlet, etc. No luck. I thought maybe the light function wasn't working, but it may still be charging. I left my Hopper plugged in for a while. When I came back to it, the Hopper was still dead.

4) I purchased additional batteries. I put a fresh one in and resumed using my Hopper. Showing me the Hopper is still working well, but the charger doesn't.

I thought I had a solution when Caroline responded, "You can try plugging your Charger into the device and the USB port. Then, leaving your Hopper and Charger attached, disconnect the Charger from the USB port and then reconnect it to the USB port. If you still only see 1 red light, please log in to your account on GHVape.com, register your device, and submit a warranty request."

Well. the suggestion didn't work. July 29th I submitted a warranty request. It states that I will hear back in three business days. A week later and I am still waiting to find out what their solution will be. I'm assuming I will lose my Hopper. I have two extra batteries. Two of the three are drained. I've been clinging to the last one. I figure I will run the Hopper down once I hear back from Caroline.

I am strongly considering picking up a Nitecore D2 charger. If there is an actual issue with my Hopper, I am hoping this warranty request will sniff it out. I've read a few people have experienced this issue as well. It sucks to finally get this pen and not be able to use it.

I sumbitted a warranty claim on Sunday July 31st, and followed up with an email Friday August 5th morning and I haven't heard a response yet. I am assuming they are slightly delayed because some people mentioned Caroline was off for a couple days.

dac13,

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
Hi guys,

was lucky and could get the GHs last day before going on vacation - now with my Ti hopper. As I'm very inexperienced with hash but got some nice 00, I'd love to ask some nice person here how to use it the best way? All I know is I gotta heat it up to be able to knead... :p I'm a hashn00b :D

Thanks you guys!
Have tried the grey Ti for one evening, still on the first batt. Maybe 15-20 tokes, mainly between notch 3-4

Peace

dopse

Has anyone ever had a constant red light with short blue blinks? (Like Reeeeeeeeed - Blue - Reeeeeeeeed...) I've had the quickly changing lights on and off from day one but now it is different.

dopse,

JoeMama

I received my Hopper on July 22nd after just over a year in pre-order status. LOVE IT!!! It is everything I was looking for. A touch too hot on the lips, so I was glad to have the silicone mouthpiece. Unfortunately, I am having an issue charging the device. I reached out to Hopper Labs on July 25th, letting them know...

1) I attached the charger to my Hopper. It lit up and I believe had blinking red lights while attached.

2) Later in the weekend, the device prompted me for a charge (blinking red when I was trying to heat up).

3) I once again attached my charger to the Hopper. As soon as the magnet attached to my Hopper, it lit up red for a second then went dark. I tried unplugging the device into a different outlet, etc. No luck. I thought maybe the light function wasn't working, but it may still be charging. I left my Hopper plugged in for a while. When I came back to it, the Hopper was still dead.

4) I purchased additional batteries. I put a fresh one in and resumed using my Hopper. Showing me the Hopper is still working well, but the charger doesn't.

I thought I had a solution when Caroline responded, "You can try plugging your Charger into the device and the USB port. Then, leaving your Hopper and Charger attached, disconnect the Charger from the USB port and then reconnect it to the USB port. If you still only see 1 red light, please log in to your account on GHVape.com, register your device, and submit a warranty request."

Well. the suggestion didn't work. July 29th I submitted a warranty request. It states that I will hear back in three business days. A week later and I am still waiting to find out what their solution will be. I'm assuming I will lose my Hopper. I have two extra batteries. Two of the three are drained. I've been clinging to the last one. I figure I will run the Hopper down once I hear back from Caroline.

I am strongly considering picking up a Nitecore D2 charger. If there is an actual issue with my Hopper, I am hoping this warranty request will sniff it out. I've read a few people have experienced this issue as well. It sucks to finally get this pen and not be able to use it.

I bought two hoppers, one for me and one for a friend. I have a Nitecore D2, and hadn't used my Hopper Charger at all. But my friend immediately had a charger issue, exactly like you describe. Since she didn't have another charger, I gave her my Hopper charger to use, so now I have the defective one. Meanwhile she put in a warranty request.

Based on GHL's poor-as-of-late warranty responses, this may be a while to resolve.

Definitely like the Nitecore.

So...yesterday I felt some heat from the backend of my gh for the 1st time. Nothing crazy, but definitely noticeable. Up to this point, I have had ZERO backend heat.

Then I checked the temp setting and saw that it was up to around 4.5. I NEVER use my gh at temps that high. I returned the temp to 3 (my sweet spot), and no backend heat!

It looks like, on my gh at least, temp setting impacts backend heat. Who knew!?!

Mr.Me, I'm curious.... I don't hear much about users going below 3.5.
Can you (re)describe the type of vapor you get using the 3 setting? The type of load, too? I've been sitting around setting 4, and it seems to give good clouds. I'm sure you've posted your experience (if you'd rather point to an old post that'd be great!) before, but I don't think it'd be easy to find.

Last edited:

dac13

I don't know if anyone else has this issue but when I click my grasshopper on the lights turn red, and stay red and it starts heating up and if i wait 10-15 seconds it gets very hot. Then the next click it is just red/blue flashing lights. If i wait another 6++ hours without trying it again it will do the same thing, straight red and gets hot, then it wont work. never goes to straight blue.

One time on the first click of the day it turned red and i decided to hit it after 5 sections of preheating and it was instant combustion. My warranty request has been pending for 8 days otherwise I wouldn't keep tinkering with it

ZC

I'm pretty happy with the nitecore, with one minor problem.

Twisting the backend on and off has left a noticable ring around the midsection, where the clip rubs up against it.

It's already too late to do anything about it. It's scratched in. If I was charging wit the usb charger and not swapping batteries, this line wouldn't be there. If I carefully bend the clip away from the body of the vape while I threaded the backend on and off, it wouldn't be there.

I'm not sure whether or not to consider this a design fault or what, but right now I'm just wishing the clip was optional, because it's not useful to me and all it's doing is scratching my hopper.

ZC,

Mr. Me2

I bought two hoppers, one for me and one for a friend. I have a Nitecore D2, and hadn't used my Hopper Charger at all. But my friend immediately had a charger issue, exactly like you describe. Since she didn't have another charger, I gave her my Hopper charger to use, so now I have the defective one. Meanwhile she put in a warranty request.

Based on GHL's poor-as-of-late warranty responses, this may be a while to resolve.

Mr.Me, I'm curious.... I don't hear much about users going below 3.5.
Can you (re)describe the type of vapor you get using the 3 setting? The type of load, too? I've been sitting around setting 4, and it seems to give good clouds. I'm sure you've posted your experience (if you'd rather point to an old post that'd be great!) before, but I don't think it'd be easy to find.
Surprisingly strong vapor at 3 with a a fairly long pull. Not nearly as hot or harsh as at higher temps. And I always wait for the gh to completely cool down before taking my next. So it never gets too hot (no gh sleeve or bubbler).

I have been using medium grind (sc grinder), and rarely fill more than halfway with a very light tamp.

Try it...you'll like it!

kingfisher

Most recent dialogue with Caroline concerning my bad batteries. Now 2 out of 8.

Having trouble with posting photos ugh...

w6wJzAc

HAaRV5l

https://imgur.com/fImMhq3
https://imgur.com/HAaRV5l

kingfisher,

crazferret

I sumbitted a warranty claim on Sunday July 31st, and followed up with an email Friday August 5th morning and I haven't heard a response yet. I am assuming they are slightly delayed because some people mentioned Caroline was off for a couple days.

I have a Nitecore on the way. Looking forward to it. Do those that have the Nitecore just put the batteries in the charger or did you also order the battery holder product from Delta? I plan on making a Delta order soon, just curious if the holder is more of a convenience thing or necessity.

I heard back from Caroline this morning. They are sending a new charger to me. I need to send my original charger back after it arrives.

Good to know own I get to hang on to my Hopper. It's been on the shelf for about a week. Once I get charged up, it will become part of the regular rotation again.

Thank you all for the input. This forum is seriously one of the best on the internet. So much information. The only thing I've seen come even close is the Magical Butter FB page

JoeMama

I have a Nitecore on the way. Looking forward to it. Do those that have the Nitecore just put the batteries in the charger or did you also order the battery holder product from Delta? I plan on making a Delta order soon, just curious if the holder is more of a convenience thing or necessity.
Actually, I've been meaning to tell @Ratchett at Delta about this:

The Delta Battery Sleeves do not work with the Nitecore D2. The diameter of the sleeves are a tad too wide, and the battery contacts seem to just miss their mark, so, I don't use the sleeves (not worth to return the items, and I don't fault Delta, since they may work best with other types are chargers that have deeper battery wells. It's a bit of a pain to get the batteries out of the D2 this way, but a strong fingernail does the trick.

Surprisingly strong vapor at 3 with a a fairly long pull. Not nearly as hot or harsh as at higher temps. And I always wait for the gh to completely cool down before taking my next. So it never gets too hot (no gh sleeve or bubbler).

I have been using medium grind (sc grinder), and rarely fill more than halfway with a very light tamp.

Try it...you'll like it!

Just this morning this is exactly what I've been doing - at least, so far, I've been using just a pinch of material, while still on T4. I will be bringing that down to 3 in a little while today (I have to meet people I don't know shortly and I don't want to be medicated, just in case).

I have a Purr bubbler, but frankly, after I figured out how to hit the hopper without burning my lips (lips should be further past the "point" of the vape, on the barrel part rather than the "coned" part), I have no need for the bubbler at all. I also let it cool down between hits, so I'm pretty much on the same page. Next step will be lower temps.

But so far, this is becoming pretty consistent to use. The only times I get a little frustrated is when I happen to be on a dying battery and can't decide if I need fresh herb or if I should just finish off the battery with the "old" herb, then replace battery, hit the old herb again... and half the time I get more vapor. But the other half of the time, I used a fresh battery to try and hit spent material.

And if these are the extents of my problems, then I'm having a good day :nod:

EDIT: Yesterday I submitted a Warranty Request for a DOA charger. Caroline just replied via the Warranty gateway saying they are shipping a new charger to me.
So apparently they're back into answering requests in a timely manner? At any rate, I'm grateful for her quick response.

Kermitt

.... The only times I get a little frustrated is when I happen to be on a dying battery and can't decide if I need fresh herb or if I should just finish off the battery with the "old" herb, then replace battery, hit the old herb again... and half the time I get more vapor. But the other half of the time, I used a fresh battery to try and hit spent material.

I know this problem too :-)

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
The only times I get a little frustrated is when I happen to be on a dying battery and can't decide if I need fresh herb or if I should just finish off the battery with the "old" herb, then replace battery, hit the old herb again... and half the time I get more vapor. But the other half of the time, I used a fresh battery to try and hit spent material.
I have this problem as well. Usually I just try to change it after two chambers but sometimes I lose track and forget. For some reason it's frustrating to change a battery mid bowl even though it only takes a second.

I think it's a weird manifestation of OCD. It is frustrating to waste a hit from a fresh battery on spent material.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
The Delta Battery Sleeves do not work with the Nitecore D2. The diameter of the sleeves are a tad too wide, and the battery contacts seem to just miss their mark, so, I don't use the sleeves (not worth to return the items, and I don't fault Delta, since they may work best with other types are chargers that have deeper battery wells. It's a bit of a pain to get the batteries out of the D2 this way, but a strong fingernail does the trick.

Wow that's te first I've heard of this! I'm using them on my Nitecore D2 and they work fine. Is your D2 maybe an older version? Mine is brand new 2016 edition from Amazon.

PM me your order number and I can reprint those slightly smaller diameter so they work on your D2

JoeMama

Wow that's te first I've heard of this! I'm using them on my Nitecore D2 and they work fine. Is your D2 maybe an older version? Mine is brand new 2016 edition from Amazon.

PM me your order number and I can reprint those slightly smaller diameter so they work on your D2
Thank you, @Ratchett , that's very kind of you!

So first, I have to confess that I was wrong about the Nitecore model number. It's a UM20. I hope that's a good charger! Here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGD3W38/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as the sleeves go, there is one other slightly annoying thing about them: The inner veins of the sleeves which are meant to "hold" the battery centered, could be a bit longer, as the batteries like to slip out without any friction to at least keep them fairly steady while I'm fumbling the assembly into the battery bay(s). But it's only a minor thing; perhaps it's not good to even slightly impinge on the battery body....??

So, assuming the UM20 is an OK device (like to hear from all of you who know!), and that it's meant to be compatible with the sleeves, then I'm happy to accept your offer to have new ones made!

With all the vaping I'm doing, I feel like I should buy an 8-bay charger. :freak:

Last edited:

JoeMama

I have this problem as well. Usually I just try to change it after two chambers but sometimes I lose track and forget. For some reason it's frustrating to change a battery mid bowl even though it only takes a second.

I think it's a weird manifestation of OCD. It is frustrating to waste a hit from a fresh battery on spent material.

Right on the nose, Vapor_Eyes.
I think it's an innate concern for "resources". We know how precious the battery is to this what this amazing product can do.

It's VERY hard to keep track of where I'm at with the chamber's material status; especially when the herb is cannabis :). I keep telling myself, "this time I'm going to keep a log on paper, how many loads per battery...", but, all I've got to show for it is about 5 separate pieces of paper with lists started and nothing on them but herb crumbs. :lol:

Top Bottom