• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Kermitt

Because my first 5 batteries are almost dead, I ordered 15 new batteries. I will get a new backend, I hope this effect the batteries, to live a bit longer ;-)

Furthermore I'm waiting for my Firefly2. So I have to use the GH only underway.

Gregori

CannaBoss
Still working weird, but I can't do without.
wvNHpKK.jpg

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
From Hopper Lab's Instagram:

grasshoppervape said:
Good Morning from Hopper Labs,
Another busy week has passed. We are excited to add four newcomers to the assembly team as we continue to increase production. This week we’ve sent more than 500 Grasshoppers out the door! Thanks to everyone for your continued support!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BIfVi93B89S/?hl=en

If they keep that pace up I should have my plain Ti preorder very soon. I'm eager to compare it with the SS I got from Vaposhop. I'm still loving my SS after nearly 6 weeks of ownership.

greenextinguisher

***EDIT: so i got my SS back from repair today...is there anything that people want to see a video about regarding the 2 models? i wouldnt mind taking another crack at editing a video...its not going to be as good as vaporizer wizard or the critic or any of the regular guys, but im down to find some answers to some questions...i have a nightcore 2 slot charger w lcd screen, 1 gray Ti gh, 1 SS gh (2x repaired), almost a dozen batteries, i have the Ti charger as well as the SS charger, i have an infrared laser thermometer, a scale that goes down to the tenth of a g, a d020-d mini glass bubbler (cracked but working), a dhgate hydrotube, i dont have any concentrates atm and have about 3 nugs left of herb...is there anything that people want me to test?

btw, shoutout to these nice heavy duty baggies (https://imgur.com/a/FqYoN) that their extra accessories & repairs come in...

hmmmm... 12 batteries, two hoppers and you want to work on your film skills? How about mastering the "long take"

I'd like to see one seamless video of you, with or without a buddy, killing 12 batteries in one take through two hoppers. :D

Sure, you won't be able to edit in the state you wind up in, but long takes really only need minimal editing. haha

ooo

um, each grasshopper is supposed to come with a battery right? not including the free one for early pre-orders. i ordered 2 TI's and i have a total of 2 batteries. i ordered an extra and was thinking there would be 4 in total with my order. does the math sound right?

edit: yes i'm an idiot who didn't bother to open up the grasshopper. jumped the gun there. crisis averted

vapen00b

Many vapes & accessories. Always happy to help
um, each grasshopper is supposed to come with a battery right? not including the free one for early pre-orders. i ordered 2 TI's and i have a total of 2 batteries. i ordered an extra and was thinking there would be 4 in total with my order. does the math sound right?
Yep. If you're an early pre-order, you should have gotten 4 batts total.

johnnyCanuck

Let me know if anyone has noticed this: quite often, I know my battery is fairly fresh, the blue lights will flicker during my draw instead of being solid blue and heat productions is slightly lower. Well, after screwing the back end (not the heat adjust) back and forth about three times, the lights stop flickering and heat up is normal. That and the battery lasts longer!!!

pushpaw

Let me know if anyone has noticed this: quite often, I know my battery is fairly fresh, the blue lights will flicker during my draw instead of being solid blue and heat productions is slightly lower. Well, after screwing the back end (not the heat adjust) back and forth about three times, the lights stop flickering and heat up is normal. That and the battery lasts longer!!!
That sounds a lot like what I am talking about in my post a couple days ago, except I have been taking the backend all the way off and putting it back on. I will have to try what you are saying the next time I experience that behavior.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I added this to the Grasshopper Fixes resource: http://fuckcombustion.com/resources/grasshopper-fixes.11/

ZC

So I got my leather case from Delta3DStudios and I gotta say, the quality here is excellent and the design is well thought out. Couldn't be happier.

I ordered a bunch of other items as well, and they all work and fit great. @Ratchett even threw in a mini loading funnel on top of the regular one I ordered.

JoeMama

I've been noticing that inconsistent flashing blue as well; thanks for the possible solution on my end.

On this issue,
I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I've accidentally turned the temp dial when I'm absent-mindedly attempting to unscrew the backend. After I berate myself accordingly, my second thought is that perhaps I really didn't tighten it enough. That backend does take several turns to be tight.
If it were a flashlight or radio, it'd be fine, but I suppose since this thing needs supremely good current conduction to be efficient, those connections have to be considered critical. Makes me wonder if it would be better if it had gold-plated contacts. I'm no metallurgist but that ain't no gold in dem dar hoppers.

<Sidebar>: Is it correct to say that the
clip is OK to hold onto whilst tightening the backend?

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Is anyone else able to login on the GH website? I had yet another hopper bite the dust last night and can't even log in on the website to file a claim.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

PeteSeattle

My Ti Hopper finally arrived (July 2015 order). I've had 5 days with it and I am throughly impressed after all the wait. I'm afraid I have to take a T break since I've been playing with it all this time.

Initial unboxing impression was how light the Ti model is and thought at first perhaps the battery was missing. Nope it was there.

Other things noted (most of these have already probably been mentioned):
- I experienced the whole unit getting warm but dissipated somewhat eventually but was not the uncomfortable.
- The tip did feel uncomfortable after the unit got warmer. I finally got the hang of clicking it off as soon as it got hot and continue to draw until cool.
- Little to no learning curve.
- I'm impressed with using it with water but I feel I can use it as is with silicone tip.
- 3-3.5 dialed in seems to be my sweet spot.
- Battery life is what I expected after reading other reviews.

I can go on but feel my report would be redundant. But after using it for a period of time it's been a terrific experience for me and I hope it continues (knock on wood).

For those who own or have used one, thanks for posting all of your experiences so I knew what to expect and look out for rather than be clueless.

MoltenTiger

I've been noticing that inconsistent flashing blue as well; thanks for the possible solution on my end.

On this issue,
I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I've accidentally turned the temp dial when I'm absent-mindedly attempting to unscrew the backend. After I berate myself accordingly, my second thought is that perhaps I really didn't tighten it enough. That backend does take several turns to be tight.
If it were a flashlight or radio, it'd be fine, but I suppose since this thing needs supremely good current conduction to be efficient, those connections have to be considered critical. Makes me wonder if it would be better if it had gold-plated contacts. I'm no metallurgist but that ain't no gold in dem dar hoppers.

<Sidebar>: Is it correct to say that the
clip is OK to hold onto whilst tightening the backend?
The gold rubbed off on my headphone jack and I don't notice a difference.
I'm fairly sure that as long as there is good contact, conductivity should not be improved by gold to the point of measurable difference.
More often it is used to resist corrosion.

I am dubious over if something like this is occurring. Anyone have any comments? I have wiped many a carbon off my battery and brass plating...

herbivore21

I'm fairly sure that as long as there is good contact, conductivity should not be improved by gold to the point of measurable difference.

I am dubious over if something like this is occurring. Anyone have any comments? I have wiped many a carbon off my battery and brass plating...
Yes! This I suspect was the problem with a faulty unit I have used. The battery also had grey/black spattered singe marks on the negative end of the battery. This unit had issues with hot back end.

Are these custom batteries perhaps not all quite the right size? Or alternatively the battery chamber not machined to the right tolerances? I think the batteries may have a QC issue here. Does anyone who has a lot of batteries wanna measure the length of each of their batteries and report back? Let's get to the bottom of this!

I'll see if I can get some measurements on the offending battery too :)

JoeMama

That Reddit post headlines with "3.7 V, 25 Amps". That has to be a typo. That's a 100 Watt battery!

As for the gold, I suppose it wouldn't make a difference, but I still think drawing that much current to the heater so quickly must have presented conductivity issues (over the entire circuit, not just the battery contacts)...

Bellevue it or not, there are some people who can tell the difference between gold and copper contacts on speaker cable connections.

greenextinguisher

That Reddit post headlines with "3.7 V, 25 Amps". That has to be a typo. That's a 100 Watt battery!

As for the gold, I suppose it wouldn't make a difference, but I still think drawing that much current to the heater so quickly must have presented conductivity issues (over the entire circuit, not just the battery contacts)...

Bellevue it or not, there are some people who can tell the difference between gold and copper contacts on speaker cable connections.

Silver would actually be better than gold. Most of the top shelf audio cables are silver these days. Audiophiles are dipshits and I include myself in that statement. :)

I noticed a good bit of 'stuff' on my battery contacts for both units. I cleaned them with some ISO. I also cleaned the threads.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I got the flickering tonight but I didn't notice any decreased performance. I tried this fix and the flickering stopped immediately.

btka

Good point!
I also have noticed gunk on my batteries bulding up (on one battery have more gunk, also I Haventhe feeling this battery does not perform as good asmthe others.....)... do you believe it is because of bad connections and is it dangerous.... maybe that is a reason why backends got hotter.... should we conntact ghl?

btka,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
GH arrived... Not bad, but I had a Milaana back in my hand in 10 minutes as my battery was dying. I am really not impressed with the heat at tip. I am going to give it a chance before selling, but my search continues. Any advice to change my opinion is so welcome. I also have a Ti Hopper on preorder with all accessories, so I want to love this vape...

TIA

Mr. Me2

GH arrived... Not bad, but I had a Milaana back in my hand in 10 minutes as my battery was dying. I am really not impressed with the heat at tip. I am going to give it a chance before selling, but my search continues. Any advice to change my opinion is so welcome. I also have a Ti Hopper on preorder with all accessories, so I want to love this vape...

TIA
Hey @Bravesst ! Have you tried not drawing from the very tip? If you try placing your lips further down the mouthpiece, it makes a big difference. Also, I suggest you wait for the gh to cool down between pulls.

Let us know if this helps you and starts your gh bromance.

Top Bottom