• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Grasshopper

Mr. Me2

Aaahhh! Tomorrow is the day I get my hopper! I'm so fucking anxious. The major downside is that I need to pay ~U$138 in my local post office in customs taxes.
I'm REALLY looking forward to you getting yours (crazy customs fees, aside)! And I hope it's a perfect one!!!

And are you coming down with a little bug (no pun intended)? You may have to take a sick day today and miss work.;)

MoltenTiger

The tiny holes that run around the top of the chamber are pretty much blocked on my unit due to how I fill it. Are these airway holes I need to keep unclogged? Might have to change my filling method...

Y4SawvN.jpg
Wipe any material off the outside rim (with holes) as otherwise it will get into the threads of the mouthpiece. It's not a big issue, but if you make sure the top is clean before twisting the MP on, it will stay clean longer and twist on and off more smoothly.

Also, try loading only a tiny bit of bud in the chamber. I've found I tend to use too much, I still seem to get a couple of good hits regardless of pack amount. If you are using less just inhale slower and you get similar density hits.

Gramin

I'm not going over .10g it's just how I was packing it by putting the tip into my ground bud container and pushing it around to fill it. I will try with less force to avoid compacting.

MoltenTiger

I'm not going over .10g it's just how I was packing it by putting the tip into my ground bud container and pushing it around to fill it. I will try with less force to avoid compacting.
I never like that method of filling (got gunk in the threads) though it's a good choice on the go.

I just place a couple of tiny pinches from my grinder straight in.
It's nice to have a full chamber, but it might surprise you the results you can get off much less material.

AgentXero

On the go, just have a doob tube packed with ground up bud. When you need to pack just use a bathroom if you need and hold the hopper with your finger and thumb completely wrapped around the bowl chamber and slowly twist and turn the doob tube to let the bud fall in loosely.

JoeMama

On the go, just have a doob tube packed with ground up bud. When you need to pack just use a bathroom if you need and hold the hopper with your finger and thumb completely wrapped around the bowl chamber and slowly twist and turn the doob tube to let the bud fall in loosely.
I don't remember the genius (and I mean that!) that posted it some time ago, but the CAP of a doob tube fits the inside diameter of the hopper perfectly. It's like it was made for it!

DISCLAIMER: I haven't tried that yet because I have yet to receive my hopper.

Regarding @vaporism 's post on:
This case looks cool too:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grasshopper...551020?hash=item41ade836ec:g:K48AAOSwhOVXe49L

Anyone know how the hopper body will fare inside this plastic case? Smooth enough?

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
I don't know if I qualify as a true vaporist, but I've been at it a while and I do have multiple vapes. I've got 2 hoppers on order and I'm seriously considering a Focus as a conduction backup for those.

Does a true vaporist carry multiple vapes with him/her at all times? I never felt I had to do that with my previous portables.

Depends how long/far you are going (if I'm not going to be back within a few hours, and I'm going to be more than a 1/2 hour away, I usually bring at least two) ... but if I'm just out and about and I'll be back home soon enough then I only bring one ...

JCat,
Reactions: moondog

vapognak

July 22, 2016, 7:18 a.m.

Repaired Unit Shipped

We've repaired your Grasshopper and it's now on its way back to you.
__
That was so quick, I can't believe it! (I've send it in warranty last week from France!). American postal services are far better than in my country, and long life to HL!

Glorious GrassHopper, come back to me ^^

HerbieVonVapster

Depends how long/far you are going (if I'm not going to be back within a few hours, and I'm going to be more than a 1/2 hour away, I usually bring at least two) ... but if I'm just out and about and I'll be back home soon enough then I only bring one ...

Damn and I was happy with myself for getting my away from home bag down to just 3 vaporizer. You only just take one??

Gramin

How's my performance? Full charge, read 4.2V. Set to 4/5 taking water hits. I went through 5 bowls, took 3 hits for every bowl, for a total of 15 dense hits.

Also I went and found a tube that can carry herb with me and the cap fits over GH bowl so should make portable bowl changes pretty easy. I even cut a paperclip to fit in the tube.

AgentXero

Unless I'm going away for the night or more I wouldn't bring anything but my hopper.

After having this thing for about a week now, which I'm starting to get a good feel for it and loving it, I can see how having at least two vapes in general is a good idea. One for stealthy, super portable on demand hits like the hopper and FF2. And one for a nice chill session that you can pass with friends if you want. Currently that latter vape for me is my old arizer solo. Maybe one day soon I'll get a good session vape.

If you can only have one other vape besides the hopper which would it be? Crafty, pax 2, something else?

Vapor Loop

Damn and I was happy with myself for getting my away from home bag down to just 3 vaporizer. You only just take one??

I hear ya on the need for multiple portables while out. The Hopper for me will simply replace my current on demand take a quick hit anywhere unit, That's really all people should use the Hopper for. I certainly won't be recommending it as a only Vaporizer to anyone since I always have three or more portables when out, And if going to another house i also take a desktop or two along with that min of three portables.

Vapor Loop,

Kalessin

Since I'm still iffy about the Grasshopper's longevity I have started carrying my vapcap with me anytime I go out for more than an hour or so, just in case.

Kalessin,

Mr. Me2

Unless I'm going away for the night or more I wouldn't bring anything but my hopper.

After having this thing for about a week now, which I'm starting to get a good feel for it and loving it, I can see how having at least two vapes in general is a good idea. One for stealthy, super portable on demand hits like the hopper and FF2. And one for a nice chill session that you can pass with friends if you want. Currently that latter vape for me is my old arizer solo. Maybe one day soon I'll get a good session vape.

If you can only have one other vape besides the hopper which would it be? Crafty, pax 2, something else?
I think the gh, pax2, and Crafty make a nice triptych.

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
Thought this was a great post by u/Reeces_Pieces over on Reddit, so I decided to bring it here:

Title: Hopper was stuck on Red/Blue flashing (Sensor Damage) Lights. here's how I fixed it

*UPDATE: looks like the post has been deleted for some reason*

https://m.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/4tyxi9/hopper_was_stuck_on_redblue_flashing_sensor/

Summary: Full clean of backend threads and the gap below the temp control brought hopper back from the red/blue (or was it blue/red, meh) lights of death.
I found that very interesting, especially the part about the temp dial. Thanks for posting it.

My backend has slowly been getting warmer the past week or two. It's more noticeable on one of my two batteries. It's not "hot" yet, so I didn't think it was broken and figured I'd wait till I get my preorder if I chose to do anything about it.

I had a half used chamber in my Grasshopper while I was reading that post, so I didn't want to mess with iso obviously.

I decided to just try moving the temp dial back and forth as mentioned in the Reddit post you quoted. I held the clip with one hand and rotated the temp dial very fast between minimum and maximum. The movement smoothed out while I did this. I probably did that for 5-10 seconds, and then set it back to 4, my usual temp setting.

I was amazed to find that the backend is no longer getting warm. On my "bad" battery it does get a tiny bit warm, but it's barely perceptible. On the good battery it is as cool as a room temperature Grasshopper.

My guess is there was some lint or dust or grease in there. It looked clean but due to the nature of the hopper's electrical connections even a tiny speck of dust could potentially cause issues. I use the leather sleeve which leaves the dial exposed, and I also always recharge externally, so I unscrew the backend a lot. A little maintenance is to be expected, but it was way easier to fix than I expected.

It could be a coincidence but it's worth a try at least for anyone with a hot backend. I should note that my backend never felt hot enough to burn me, but it was gradually getting warmer as the days went by.

Mr. Me2

Can I suggest a "Grasshopper Fixes" thread? Maybe added to Resources? At a minimum, we could put this important fix, and the video of how to tighten the mouthpiece screen.

This is great info and too easily buried in this long thread. It would be great if all fixes were easily available just a click away. Just a thought...

HerbieVonVapster

I think the gh, pax2, and Crafty make a nice triptych.

I have been carrying my ESV, grasshopper , firefly2 combo. Had the pax2 in the murse for awhile but anymore only carry that if I expecting to share. Humm thinking this over maybe should replace firefly 2 with the pax2. Might make for better options. Love the firefly2 for it's taste but but for outside use harder to juggle.

Really been digging this little guy. Even bought a little magic flight orbiter for it. Other than first issue on second day it's been running great the last month.

I gave up on the silicone mouthpiece and just change my style with it. If at home thru obiter. Well out and about I can let it cool enough between hits to get by. Does anyone else find wet lips cools it fairly well. Not great ideal if sharing but I do find a little spit on the tip goes a long way towards cooling it down.

Last edited:

AgentXero

I have been carrying my ESV, grasshopper , firefly2 combo. Had the pax2 in the murse for awhile but anymore only carry that if I expecting to share. Humm thinking this over maybe should replace firefly 2 with the pax2. Might make for better options. Love the firefly2 for it's taste but but for outside use harder to juggle.

Really been digging this little guy. Even bought a little magic flight orbiter for it. Other than first issue on second day it's been running great the last month.

I gave up on the silicone mouthpiece and just change my style with it. If at home thru obiter. Well out and about I can let it cool enough between hits to get by. Does anyone else find wet lips cools it fairly well. Not great ideal if sharing but I do find a little spit on the tip goes a long way towards cooling.

I'm done with the silicone mouthpiece itself. I don't find the temp of the MP that uncomfortable for me on my Ti hopper. Would only use the silicone if I'm pairing to a bubbler, which I don't even own at the moment lol

So my temp dial and clip had that tiny gap in it. Is this a suggested use to clean that space? I wouldn't know any other way to do it. Dental floss dipped in ISO?? Haha

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
I only used the silicone tip with water pipes. Now I have a silicone reducer which I prefer. I found the silicone tip gathered a lot of reclaim in the gap where the inside of the silicone contacts the hopper. I was using it with shatter so that could be the cause of the reclaim.

Vapor_Eyes,

Gramin

I'm finding my battery recharger only pumps about 550mah into the battery each time I recharge does this sound about right? I took the battery as far as the GH will go. Even on lowest setting I got flashing red.

ZC

I'd love to see a redesigned grasshopper that's shaped like a boxmod ecig instead of a pen. That way, you could have room for 2 standard 18650 batteries, and you could put the heater at the bottom of the unit, giving you a much much longer airpath and cooler vapor. And even though the unit is bigger, it would actually be more stealthy since boxmods are everywhere and people wouldn't give it a second glance.

If they made something like that I probably wouldn't need any other portable vape, since it solves the only two problems I have with the GH, battery life and hot vapor.

I'd also love to see a replacement mouthpiece that's actually shaped to the taper of a 14mm glass joint. It would eliminate the need for the silicone and allow you to rest the hopper on your glass piece when needed.

moondog

It's an obsession but it's pleasin'
Can I suggest a "Grasshopper Fixes" thread? Maybe added to Resources? At a minimum, we could put this important fix, and the video of how to tighten the mouthpiece screen.

This is great info and too easily buried in this long thread. It would be great if all fixes were easily available just a click away. Just a thought...
THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS.

PLEASE.

AgentXero

I'd love to see a redesigned grasshopper that's shaped like a boxmod ecig instead of a pen. That way, you could have room for 2 standard 18650 batteries, and you could put the heater at the bottom of the unit, giving you a much much longer airpath and cooler vapor. And even though the unit is bigger, it would actually be more stealthy since boxmods are everywhere and people wouldn't give it a second glance.

If they made something like that I probably wouldn't need any other portable vape, since it solves the only two problems I have with the GH, battery life and hot vapor.

I'd also love to see a replacement mouthpiece that's actually shaped to the taper of a 14mm glass joint. It would eliminate the need for the silicone and allow you to rest the hopper on your glass piece when needed.

I'm surprised no one has made a longer mouthpiece. I want one with the inside lined with glass or something.

AgentXero,
Top Bottom