Discontinued The Grasshopper

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I believe they said the Ti, SS and Dark grey versions ship in one day with a lead time on the other varieties.
Not sure who/where/when you are referring to with "they said", but I was referring to the HL website product page, "HT Titanium Grasshopper" where today, under Estimated Ship Time, it says, "1 Day".

JCat

Accessory Maker
Please send them in. Open a warranty request and also send me a PM with your Grasshopper account email. We will get them working great for you.
Ordered 2 new batteries, and they just came in, so I'll try out both Hoppers with the new batteries, and then will report back and will send in accordingly; just thought I should do my due diligence and 1st try with new batteries to eliminate that potential issue, and then based on the outcome of that send in for warranty or not.

Thanks for the response and offer for support! All this community has really ever wanted was representation and an honest effort to communicate openly with us and do your best to get us all up and running (however long that takes, the key being open communication and an honest effort)

Hopper Labs

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Hopper Labs, good morning. Can you tell me, in general terms, how soon my warranty request from Nov. '18 (for a replacement ss body) might be fulfilled?
Are you folks still at a year+ backlog for most warranty work?

It should be done shortly, I can't really say with any accuracy without the request number (Pm me). I can then look at the exact request and see where we are at.

For almost all issues warranty work is almost caught up to current. There is still some backlog on heater assembly and other smaller issues. Most units do not require the whole heater assembly and just the heater which we have stock of now and are servicing all the way up to current!

Well I am sad to say that my new dark grey Hopper is starting to get finicky. It doesn’t seem to want to power on when set at certain temps. It doesn’t want to work at 3 where I have been using it a lot but continues to rock on at 4 and up.
So, I will continue to use it until I get my other Ti model back from RMA. I am sad.

Is the backend fully screwed onto the body? Sometimes issues can be caused when it is not fully on. As the unit is pretty much brand new, we would be happy to just swap the backend if you cant get it to work well.

my first post. please be gentle:leaf:thank you
is it common for the HT GH heat-treated GrassHopper to come and go from the official buy site? is it coming back? and if so, approximately when? I do understand it's a limited item with low quantities. I had one in my shopping cart less than a week ago, so I figured it would be easy to snag one whenever, but then I had browser issues so I couldn't complete checkout, then it was already unavailable about 20 minutes later, and ever since then it has been unavailable.

The Heat Treated units will come and go depending on stock. You have to select one from the drop-down to be able to add it to your cart. There are a few in stock so I will add them to the website. In the past we have been putting photos of each one up but due to focusing most of our time on clearing backlog we have not had the time to get that setup again.

slozukimc

It should be done shortly, I can't really say with any accuracy without the request number (Pm me). I can then look at the exact request and see where we are at.

For almost all issues warranty work is almost caught up to current. There is still some backlog on heater assembly and other smaller issues. Most units do not require the whole heater assembly and just the heater which we have stock of now and are servicing all the way up to current!

Is the backend fully screwed onto the body? Sometimes issues can be caused when it is not fully on. As the unit is pretty much brand new, we would be happy to just swap the backend if you cant get it to work well.

The Heat Treated units will come and go depending on stock. You have to select one from the drop-down to be able to add it to your cart. There are a few in stock so I will add them to the website. In the past we have been putting photos of each one up but due to focusing most of our time on clearing backlog we have not had the time to get that setup again.
Yes, the back end is screwed on as far as it will go. This Hopper doesn’t have that “tightening a spring” feeling when you get the back end almost all the way in like the older ones I had. It makes connection just as it gets tight and works the same every time. It seems like the connections in the dial are not making good contact all of the time. When I turn the dial with the Hopper off the red lights flash sometimes.

What should I do to get the process started to try another back end? This Hopper was a gift so I don’t know if it was ever registered or not for sure.

Thanks @Hopper Labs !!!!!

Vaporific

All who wander are not lost...
No really, @Mr. Me2 is right. We do love coffee.
Me too, having some now ☕️. I can’t and won’t partake on the job. Happy Thursday to all.

Been using my Hopper daily since it’s return from RMA in late August and it’s still performing well. Using it with standard mouthpiece sans silicone and around 2.6 - 3.0 - and it’s truly wonderful. Just a couple of draws and life is good; effect is strong and fairly long and AVB is fairly consistent, not perfect but better than pre RMA. And I get good vapor out of it now compared to ghost pulls per-RMA. It’s great to have a properly functioning Hopper (Ti) in the arsenal again. Cheers! :peace:

MonkeyTime

Yes, the back end is screwed on as far as it will go. This Hopper doesn’t have that “tightening a spring” feeling when you get the back end almost all the way in like the older ones I had. It makes connection just as it gets tight and works the same every time. It seems like the connections in the dial are not making good contact all of the time. When I turn the dial with the Hopper off the red lights flash sometimes.

What should I do to get the process started to try another back end? This Hopper was a gift so I don’t know if it was ever registered or not for sure.

Thanks @Hopper Labs !!!!!

Does it act like that with all your batteries?

I only ask because some of my older batteries act like that, the others work fine. When I get home tonight I'll measure the length of those that work vs those that don't, I'm guessing they're a bit shorter.

slozukimc

Does it act like that with all your batteries?

I only ask because some of my older batteries act like that, the others work fine. When I get home tonight I'll measure the length of those that work vs those that don't, I'm guessing they're a bit shorter.

It does act the same with all of the batteries. It is only certain positions on the dial that aren’t working right. I think the contacts are dirty in the dial but thats just my guess.

JCat

Accessory Maker
Well ... just fully cleaned my Ti hopper (all contacts, threads, etc., plus compressed air), so it's cleaner then new, and cleaned the new battery contacts, and put the battery in and charged it up w/ the magnetic charger; once charged, loaded up a bowl, and set to 4, and hit it through a large rig using the PFE, and WOW! Just like a Hopper should work ... 4-5 seconds to temp, no flashing blue lights whatsoever, and no matter how hard I hit it the vapour got thicker and thicker until I couldn't take anymore. Pretty much cached the whole load in 1 hit (the next one was wispy). No flashing lights, no ability to overwhelm the heater no matter how hard I hit it. Hit as hard as an EVO or FlowerPot. That's what it's supposed to be!!!!

Now I just gave my SS the same treatment, and am charging the 2nd new battery I ordered and will perform the same test. Would be cool if all that I needed was new batteries at this point and all that was left that was wrong was the 10 batteries or so that I own (ie. not one of them is good); either I have all bad batteries, or the Ti's performance will begin to degrade after a few bowls ... we'll see ... we'll also see how it handles temp adjustments on the dial, and if/when the flashing lights come back.

I'd really like to see these devices become relatively stable ... I'd be ok w/ sending in for occasional maintenance (even paid), as long as the turnaround time was reasonable and when sent in it actually got fixed and back to 100% performance--I don't know why ... but I'm still hopeful ... :lol:

Edit: Just tried my SS Hopper after it was fully charged ... and fully cached a bowl in 1 very large cloudy hit at 4 on the dial. So both my Hoppers seem to be working as they are supposed to with new batteries ... so that means one of 2 things ... my last battery order the batteries were both no good, so that never actually confirmed that the issue was the Hoppers and not the batteries ... or ... the batteries went bad by the time I got working Hoppers through the multiple RMAs ... at any rate ... they seem to be both performing right with these new batteries ... and neither works right with any of my other 10 or so batteries.

Last edited:

biohacker

@JCat Damn bro, that's incredible news!!! Although I still don't trust the company (based on some reports i've read recently on Reddit) I still maintain that nothing ripped as well as a properly functioning Hopper, even compared to desktop vapes! If the storm quells, and RMA's don't take a year or whatever, I could totally see myself rocking one of these with a water tool again one day. I mean, what even comes close?

Way to wait out the storm buddy! Talk about some of you guys having the patience of a young grasshopper!

:popcorn:

virtualpurple

I also tried a few days back digging out my old Ti, gave its threads and contacts a cleaning, plus some shots with compressed air.

I Hager’s handful of GHB2 batteries that are not recent, but only received light use. Still a very light cook for me.

but with so many folks having renewed success in their hoppers lately I reached out to @Hopper Labs and have sent my unit in for RMA. Very eager to join everyone loving their hoppers!

Mr Mellish

I prefer my new color Ti but I also cleaned up my old SS and Ti, re-charged the old GHB2 batteries and fired them up. They work suitably well after having been left dormant for at least a year. I can't even recall now why I stopped using them but I'm glad they are back in rotation.

JCat

Accessory Maker
:lol: ... yeah @biohacker ... partially patience partially just sorta' feeling stuck with them for a while (I couldn't in good faith sell them to anyone for quite a while now!).

Might finally be paying off though ... I've put 4 bowls through my hopper, starting w/ 2 bowls at 4, then 1 at 3.5, and now 1 at 3 on the dial. I'm thinking 3, or maybe even 2.5 will be right. It's caching a bowl in 1 large rip through a water bong with massive clouds, and pretty dark brown ABV even at 3. What a difference so far with these new batteries, and so far no flashing blue lights at all ... gotta be coming any time now with the Ti Hopper though after 4 bowls ... just seeing how many I get before needing a charge (I'm assuming now the flickering lights will come when it needs to be charged as designed :) )

Mr Mellish

Based on posts here, I backed off on my settings for the new Ti. I kicked it back to 2.5 from 3.5 (the mechanism was a bit crusty). Even at 2.5, I killed the load in 5 hits (what a real man would probably do in one hit). Kicking it up to 3.5 did not provide additional vapor.

This was my 4th load on the new Ti with the same battery. It still hit blue lights in 2 seconds or less. I had two tasty hits before it went popcorn. After that, I swear it went smoked shrimp...

I don't think I've ever hit 4 loads with the old GH's on the same battery.

It seems to run hotter with better battery performance. What's not to like?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@JCat Damn bro, that's incredible news!!! Although I still don't trust the company (based on some reports i've read recently on Reddit) I still maintain that nothing ripped as well as a properly functioning Hopper, even compared to desktop vapes! If the storm quells, and RMA's don't take a year or whatever, I could totally see myself rocking one of these with a water tool again one day. I mean, what even comes close?

Way to wait out the storm buddy! Talk about some of you guys having the patience of a young grasshopper!

:popcorn:
Hey, nice to see you here.
I guess my feeling is that I've begun to trust the company considerably more now, which is a direct result of HL having a contributing voice in this forum. But I'm still reserving judgement on longevity of the newest-new-update thing until there's an actual track record. Time must pass. This is the only way, grasshopper. :popcorn: ;)

So, I'm still not able to suggest Hopper to anyone as a first (only) vape. But as a supplement for someone who loves vaping and has disposable income? Jump on in, the water's pretty nice lately! And especially anyone who tossed one in a drawer long ago, it's time to open that time capsule and send it in for rejuvenation!

On the longevity point; Yes, oodles of patience.
I've been fortunate enough to have been using some form of working Grasshopper since pre-orders rolled out, except during a 1 year t-break. At times this has meant being down to my last Hopper and having either the back end burn me or the front end shock me, like, a lot. But rarely without one for very long.

The secret to my success? Volume!
I bought 4 pre-orders and gave 2 away as gifts (though one came back to me last year). Those plus one more purchased in 2018 constitute a pretty good investment in HL and it's been a very interesting and fun ride, given that I have a lot of patience. Okay, sometimes it's a bit rocky...

Interesting that when I roughly add up the figures in my 'order history' column, the whole shebang has really only cost about as much as a couple of ounces of top grade bud (say, in a store in Grassachusetts, maybe not CO!).

JCat

Accessory Maker
Just thought I'd jump in again to say ... bowl # 5 out of my Ti hopper on my 1st charge with the new battery, and heaters is still able to crush a bowl (to a darkish brown on level 3) with no signs of flashing lights etc. Working 100% perfectly 5 bowls in on my 1st charge!

I really am wondering how many I'll get? Thing is I'm using a lot less power per bowl I imagine, as it is crushing it in one large 15 sec pull or so, as opposed to multiple hits because the heater "gives up" and you get flashing lights almost immediately ... plus all the heat generated all over the hopper ... no heat being generated anywhere it's not supposed to either; so far impressed and I'd be thrilled if my issue was the batteries at this point ... I have done 2 long pulls on 2 of the 5 bowls to see if there was more, but only got wispy amounts on the 2nd haul both times as almost all the good stuff is coming out in one hit.

I will say, my Ti hopper was still "sorta" working when I put it away a year or so ago ... and my SS not at all ... my SS worked perfectly on the first bowl, so we'll see how it performs throughout the rest of the charge, and I'm still really curious to what the total # of bowls I'll get on a single charge will be :). I must say impressed that 0 flashing lights and 100% performance 5 bowls in on a single charge.

Vaporific

Interesting that when I roughly add up the figures in my 'order history' column, the whole shebang has really only cost about as much as a couple of ounces of top grade bud (say, in a store in Grassachusetts, maybe not CO!).
Yeah, it’s still a bit pricey here in Grassachusetts but more dispensaries are coming online. Some are still medical only while others are both medical & rec (I’m a rec user). Also, rec offerings are usually limited compared to medical within the same dispensary, and rec is taxed 20% here while medical is not. Better than it was but still a ways to go - and hopefully prices will drop a bit too with more competition.

I was in SF last year and it was cheaper than MA. I’ve never been to CO (or WA) - but should! :)

As for my Hopper, the new heating assembly (as opposed to the heater, which I’m not completely clear on the difference) in my RMA’d pre-order Ti is still kicking butt. The new batteries are doing OK, again nothing remarkable or outstanding compared to my previous couple of batches from a few years ago (only a couple of those are barely working now). So it’s not so much the quality of the new batts for me but the repaired unit that’s making all the difference.

TGIF to all.:peace:

MonkeyTime

I'm feeling much the same here.

My new SS is plowing thru everything I put in it and good batteries get me 8-10 full draws or 4-5 bowls.

I've been loading loose but full and it's probably cleared for most people in the first hit at 5, she gets a second and the abv is a nice dark roast color.

My Ti works better with the newest batteries, but still not up the level of the new SS. My old SS was ready for RMA, but instead will go in for a back end and heater upgrade. Although now I think I'll ask the difference between the heater and the full assembly and what I'd be getting.

This has become my portable dd with a small glass piece, a doob tube and the Ratchette leather carrier.

Now the only question left is reliability....

Vaporific

Although now I think I'll ask the difference between the heater and the full assembly and what I'd be getting.
Let us know what you find out. I’m still curious.

I have and mostly use Ratchett’s leather case - simply awesome. Bought it 3 years ago and it’s holding up like new (I haven’t even conditioned it but should soon). I have the newer leather sleeve too which I prefer to the original version, also great to have.

Yeah, small glass is something I’m lacking at the moment (easy enough to obtain) and would be a little different for me for some cooling effects if I use a higher temp. With the new heating assembly in my repaired Ti, anything above 3.0 natively is too hot for me. 6 weeks or so since its return from RMA and going well so far...
:peace:

EDIT: my leather case has an extra pocket than what’s pictured currently on the Delta3DStudios site. Not sure if that’s accurate or not but extra pockets are always good to have - I keep a couple batts, small brush, dab tool, and 2 or 3 dram herb vial in it for on the go use...

Last edited:

JCat

Accessory Maker
So it made it to 6 bowls (like @MonkeyTime said ... 8-10 full draws) before I started getting any blue flickering (but only slight) which didn't yet affect performance; I did however take this as a sign that it needs charging. This is exactly how this device is supposed to function :) ... my preferred temp is at 3 ... I think it would be pretty close to combusting @ 5 depending on draw speed etc!

Now time to see how my SS one performs (since I've only put the one bowl through it so far)

Top Bottom