Discontinued The Grasshopper

Zow237

scored two more hoppers for 85 a piece. Now Ive gotten 3 for basically the price of one brand new. One I bought is pretty much new and the other is in the shop being sent out this month with the new internals. didnt have to pay for the swap either. SS with newer internals is still going strong at a couple weeks of everyday use. :) We will see how they fair. These will be my dd while my fw5 is being fixed :(

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
scored two more hoppers for 85 a piece. Now Ive gotten 3 for basically the price of one brand new. One I bought is pretty much new and the other is in the shop being sent out this month with the new internals. didnt have to pay for the swap either. SS with newer internals is still going strong at a couple weeks of everyday use. :) We will see how they fair. These will be my dd while my fw5 is being fixed :(
Did you pay GH for a transfer of ownership? It’s $45 so you get a lifetime warranty.

CarolKing,

seriousTone

Dang where’d you find those good deals?

seriousTone,
Reactions: Zow237

seriousTone

Aah.

Yeah, I check there often but in the end don’t trust the units so figure I might as well go new.

Unless I find a good price and it hasn’t been registered yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
seriousTone,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Some "insider" info would be nice, @slcbdco!

What is going on there with all the troubles/malfunctions of parts?

Is there really any hope that they'll finally get their shit together after all of those announcements since months this year all issues are solved by inhouse production and overworking of constructions?

Zow237

Im pretty sure the ss one i have has been decreasing in its performance :(. Might have to send it in. changed the address of the current rma that i just bought, so i should be getting a new internal body soon. and then a ti one should be arriving thursday.

MoltenTiger

I've been using my housemates hopper over the last few days. The lucky bastard has again got a really good unit (his other is stuck in limbo but was a scorching beast with nearly 2 years under its belt), the new one is the same age as mine, a 4/20 HT, it gets darker ABV than mine and milks up something proper. Mine is a bit cooler, but otherwise works similar. Running 2x hoppers with a claisen is so damn good, it really does a good job - adds airflow, adds punch.
There is a small noticeable, visible difference between cloud density between the units, but I'm happy with either. Mine is tastier and still does the job. Adding kief bridges the cloud gap too.
I do wish I could achieve the same dark brown, deplete ABV. I may send it in one day for a tune up, but so far after 16 weeks, it's showing no signs of slowing down. It's always run 'cool', but I'm content that it's reaching 210°C. I'd prefer 225°C, and surely the super dark brown units are hitting that sweet spot.

If I cared about consuming ABV, then a cool runner is the better option by far. But I am not one to consume ABV. I actually have a literal fuck ton of the stuff... lol

I'm sublimated, so it's worth saying that the Sublimator is on another level yet again. I mean, do yourselves a favour and get one. It's a whole different experience, and man is it good. I'd go as far to say that it is unobtainable in any practical portable form factor, true flower dabs.

I don't think much will deliver more than the GH in the portable space.. not until aerogel insulation or some such. The hopper is nearly in that space already though...

The GH is super portable and is heaps better than the TUBOx or the StemPod, both of which are really nice too.
It's hard to say, but having a solid desktop has probably been good for my hoppers life. Subliminal Sublime times.
Device reliability, calibration and critical failures are the main aspects of hopper life, but the convenience is priceless when it's there.
It's not a lot bigger than a small glass dabber... coolest gadget and a glass heads best friend most of the time

2gviwcl.jpg

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
2 HT? You are a real fanboy! ;) My new ti from June still is working great. But have only used it maybe for 40-50 bowls since that. It still is my absolute favorite vape on the go and also awesome for a comfortable and dangerless(!) bedside table use with a nice water piece/J-Hook. I love it but always am in fear of his health :\. I know each bowl could be the last one. Don't die, babe! You can do it! I believe in you *lie*!

MoltenTiger

2 HT? You are a real fanboy! ;) My new ti from June still is working great. But have only used it maybe for 40-50 bowls since that. It still is my absolute favorite vape on the go and also awesome for a comfortable and dangerless(!) bedside table use with a nice water piece/J-Hook. I love it but always am in fear of his health :\. I know each bowl could be the last one. Don't die, babe! You can do it! I believe in you *lie*!
yeah! I'm a massive pot head in general.
The sale price made it too tempting, and it's very hard to have any regrets with the purchase. The poly-chromatic Ti is exceptional, the engraving is very worthwhile (reminds me, going to get my others tatted too, looks wrong without it).
I'd be disappointed if my only GH dies before I get my spares back after warranty - but I'll still be getting stoned as fuck, so I don't spend much time worrying about the reliability of the hopper. I've had one fail 10 individual times, so I'm not alien to the experience. Just take it as it comes, moments like now, having half a GH chamber of purple train wreck, more than make up for the nuisance that is bothering to vape in the first place, and more than makes up for the times when it isn't an option.

The GH is pretty much the best I have for a nice terpene profile, beyond its ultra portability (which comes in handy for take a torus to work days) and its rapid heat up (which is somewhat-kind-of bested or matched by the other portables in the above pic) it's actually a lighter hitter than my main at home 'get rekt' go-to. I find it hits harder than the StemPod and Tubo, but those can be made to absolutely rip so it's subjective. It's no effort with a hopper though, it either works or it doesn't. And if it can't reach 200°C consistently then it isn't working.

Anyway, all I miss out on without a hopper is convenience and flavour town.
It's worth having those things as a "I must quit smoking" daily toker - no other company offers it quite like HL.

It's easy to bitch about HL, but I'm quite frankly more annoyed at the state of everything else. Fuck 510 mods man, fuck the general light-hearted/session nature of most vapes, and all other portables.
I want to get fucking stoned! One hits, back to back, three in a row. I vape a lot of plant material, I don't care to preserve it, I want to get super fucking high. If I'm not getting a proper buzz, then I may as well have lit the stuff on fire. That's my priority, and the GH is okay for it, most of the time :)

Last edited:

Baron23

I vape a lot of plant material, I don't care to preserve it, I want to get super fucking high. If I'm not getting a proper buzz, then I may as well have lit the stuff on fire. That's my priority

This will sound weird, but get a Digit Volcano, put it on 446, put .3 g in the chamber, and run a milk bag with hit.

Many think the Cano is a little old lady's sipping device, but run this way I get 10 really thick draws out of that first bag and there is mostly only a somewhat wispy bag left for the second run.

Just saying....this WILL get you stoned. Not the most efficient use of herb, but I believe you said that wasn't a major concern of yours.

Cheers

MoltenTiger

This will sound weird, but get a Digit Volcano, put it on 446, put .3 g in the chamber, and run a milk bag with hit.

Many think the Cano is a little old lady's sipping device, but run this way I get 10 really thick draws out of that first bag and there is mostly only a somewhat wispy bag left for the second run.

Just saying....this WILL get you stoned. Not the most efficient use of herb, but I believe you said that wasn't a major concern of yours.

Cheers
That sounds like a good time!
I actually got to use an analog volcano last week. Clunky bit of kit that manages to be stylish. It really does look like like the top of the GH mouthpiece on steroids.

I’m not a huge fan of bags, though that’s what tied me back over to vaping after using the EQ years back. I was impressed how quick the volcano filled them up.

However putting .3g in the Sub and toking an immense dense cloud through a nice bong for 40 seconds will certainly get me more stoned than anything else with raw material. That is the holy grail of ECS stimulation/saturation from flower.

The GH through a small bong gives off really nice hits at 0.12g. Having the extra material in the chamber makes a huge difference to how potent the off-gas is, but the GH does well comparing equal quantities across many devices

fogbank

I've been using my housemates hopper over the last few days. The lucky bastard has again got a really good unit (his other is stuck in limbo but was a scorching beast with nearly 2 years under its belt), the new one is the same age as mine, a 4/20 HT, it gets darker ABV than mine and milks up something proper. Mine is a bit cooler, but otherwise works similar.

I’ve got 3 Hoppers in rotation, all have worked well since I got them. The oldest has occasional issues but they’re pretty minor and aren’t enough to make me take it out of rotation. Some of my Hoppers turn ABV darker than others, even with the same strain, batch, grind, and temp settings. But they all work to my satisfaction.

I did buy two new bodies, just in case I need them. The SS body I bought will not charge a battery. It also gave me some weak hits during testing. Disappointing.

mario

I am supposedly getting a v5 body soon. Honestly I've been using my Dynavap a lot since the loss of my hopper for the time being. It's the only thing that even comes close to hitting as good as the GH. I love being able to get to a solid [5] or [6] with just one or two hits from the Hopper. It is perfect for being out in public and needing a good hit. can't really do that with the dynavap because of the lighter.

I guess I'm just ranting because it is literally my favorite vape, and I just want it to work so bad. lol

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
I am supposedly getting a v5 body soon. Honestly I've been using my Dynavap a lot since the loss of my hopper for the time being. It's the only thing that even comes close to hitting as good as the GH. I love being able to get to a solid [5] or [6] with just one or two hits from the Hopper. It is perfect for being out in public and needing a good hit. can't really do that with the dynavap because of the lighter.

I guess I'm just ranting because it is literally my favorite vape, and I just want it to work so bad. lol

We are all there bro, we are all there. I have zero hopes at this point myself. How the F could they send me a broken hopper on arrival. LOL

Rel2018

After the most amazing 2 weeks of consuming weed, my GH ( with new body part ) now shows signs of struggle with milking my bong, and abv.
I’d be pleased if it keeps working as it is now but please don’t get cooler...

C’mon hopper labs...

Last edited:

MoltenTiger

So after 2.5 years, or near enough, I discovered last night that the GH doesn't have any polarisation protection!

Don't put the batteries in the wrong way, holy fuck!

I'd go as far to say that this would explain the few instances of burnt out devices.

I was pretty baked and grabbed a battery from the charged stash, I have one battery which I've adjusted the wrapping on the negitive end - I picked up that one, but decided to use a different batt. The one I grabbed was sitting 180° from the other, and without looking I dropped it in the hopper. I did the back end up and decided to select a different temp, finding that the dial was really hard to turn, almost fixed in place. How strange I thought, has the unit just died? A lot of force got it twisting, so I tried some big turns back and forth to 'loosen up the mechanism'. I hear electrical noise but no LEDs light up, and I'm thinking maybe the battery is inverted, or the back end is properly stuffed. I click it on, and the back end starts heating up fast. It doesn't stay on, but it was continueing to heat up and I began to smell hot electronics, the body and back end were beginning to be seriously hot to touch and I was considering grabbing a rag to further handle it, but I madly rushed off the back end and removed a HOT battery from the device.

The back end was also super hot, so I left it to cool down. The smell subsided, and I reckon much longer and things would have been catastrophic.
The front end wasn't affected.

I thought I probably killed the device, and eventually tested it to find that it still works as per normal.

Whoops!
Don't burn your houses down.

Someone should take the design and components and bring it to a single PCB. The amount of general problems is one thing, but the safety spec is very questionable.
Sure it's user error, but it's clearly happened before

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrassHopperVape/comments/5481nl/my_grasshopper_almost_exploded_serious/

After the most amazing 2 weeks of consuming weed, my GH now shows signs of struggle with milking my bong, and abv.
I’d be pleased if it keeps working as it is now but please don’t get cooler...

C’mon hopper labs...
How tarnished are the back-end threads looking?
A bit of blue tack might be able to spruce it back to life.

Also check the threads on the body, the battery terminals and contacts and the chamber itself for residue

Vapor_Eyes

taste buds
@MoltenTiger: That’s good to know, thanks for the info! I’ve often wondered what would happen if I inserted my battery backwards. I’m super paranoid about it, I always check the wrapper and polarity when changing batteries. Sometimes as I’m screwing the backend on I’ll start to doubt myself at which point I unscrew and double check. Being OCD is a blessing and a curse I guess.

Recently I tried turning on my Grasshopper and the lights didn’t turn on at all. I changed temps a few times to no avail, it seemed to be completely dead with no signs of life. Then I realized it didn’t have a battery in it. :doh: :lol:

Anyone recently buy some gb2 batteries ?looking to get some more ,checking to see how the stock is so far

Speaking of batteries, I ordered some recently and they shipped within a few days. My last set was just starting to see declining performance lately and the new set has me back to 100% performance. We need a knocking on wood emoji....

Top Bottom