Discontinued The Grasshopper

Krazzykid

I just ordered this one http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-mini-honey-straw-kit-with-quartz-tip/237375836.html
rBVaGVU9e9GAMS_YAAERN1eGivA680.jpg

It's like the PNWT, except that it should be spill proof, and it comes with a quartz tip if you want to use it as a nectar collector.

For $18 I figured it would make a nice travel water piece to pair perfectly with the hopper
Edit
Short clip, not mine, of it with water in it.

Last edited:

Edwardo

It's nice that many of you are already in love with the Grasshopper so much that you want to get rid of your other vapourizers, but I want to clarify something that many members don't realize: it is against the rules to mention that you are thinking about selling something!.
Hi pakalolo, Im not sure if your referring to me talking about my crafty. I wasn't even thinking of selling (I don't sell anything, I'm a hoarder to my own detriment). I was just voicing concern that my crafty would be gathering dust in the not too distant future. If you were referring to my posts, I'm not sure where you got the idea I wanted to sell up!? I was just kind of saying that i'll need to find a new 'job description' for me crafty. So for the record, I'm not selling anything - you can prise my crafty from my cold dead hand! and you can prise my hopper from my other cold dead hand.

Anyway, don't want to de-rail anymore than I have.... back to the hopper!

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
I believe Pak was just putting a friendly rule reminder out there to head off any issue down the road @Edwardo

Glad to see the GH finally releasing, and looking forward to other's vid reviews and usage reports ! I still wont jump into the WANT/NEED/ORDER group yet though.... as I refuse to PRE 'anything' until I know that when I spend my money, that something will ship within the week of ordering. <-- I know myself way too well now to be a sit and wait guy hehe.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yup! It's not too bad, just something that could be improved upon. And Buzz was right; it can keep up with long & soft or quick & hard draws.... long & hard draws tend to produce hot vapor (although when I use it with my bubbler anything is game!)

Something I noticed is that the finish looks different with and without flash (left is how it generally looks in my fluorescent-lit room, right is with flash on my phone)

d3v02wt.jpg

I need to make a comment here - something I'm really impressed by is the efficiency; I've never been so medicated with such little material. It's somehow more efficient than my first portable vape (MFLB)....the fact that this works with small amounts is remarkable. After using it all I night I can truly say I love it. Definitely a game-changer....this truly feels like the future of vaporization.

JamieXX! Perfect showcase background for the Hopper (would be fun to do with every color). Thanks for all the great feed back dude! Looks like this is still the real Thermovape T1 evolution I was expecting...

@vapebuddy13 I'll definitely be posting how well that tiny nano vubbler works, I still think the aquamizer will be phenomenal though...

That honey dripper thing looks interesting too, does seem better than a pnwt which never felt too stable to me. I still think a 7th floor vapor tamer is gonna go great with this little guy...

lwien

Did anyone ever complain about a blunt smoke being too hot or harsh???!!!

Not only did I complain about it, but it's one of the primary reasons I turned to vaporizing.

In regards to selling off your old vaporizers after first using or before using the GH, please take a veterans advice here and..............don't. As with any new vape, you are in the honeymoon phase, either from reading the reviews here or first hand experience. Wait about a month before making that decision. I know when I first got my MiniVap, I seriously thought about selling my beloved LSV until I realized that I was right in the middle of that honeymoon phase.

Edit: For clarification, this is not meant to "rain on anyone's parade" but rather to help anyone to not make the decision to sell a vaporizer that they may regret later.

Last edited:

Kalessin

hmm yeah Ive never really seen those pieces until coming to FC lol, theyre pretty interesting. How well do they work, Ive been thinking of something like that since its so small
I really like mine, makes vaping much more throat pleasant, and they're tough too. I've knocked down or dropped mine SO many times, and it's still in perfect condition.

vapebuddy13

Your resident Super Hero
@Kalessin @hi_there is the linked one the one you have?

Think im going to pull the trigger so I have it for when my GH gets to me... Pretty glad I got the Ti, cant wait for someone to get theirs so we can compare the full production SS and Ti

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Hi pakalolo, Im not sure if your referring to me talking about my crafty. I wasn't even thinking of selling (I don't sell anything, I'm a hoarder to my own detriment). I was just voicing concern that my crafty would be gathering dust in the not too distant future. If you were referring to my posts, I'm not sure where you got the idea I wanted to sell up!? I was just kind of saying that i'll need to find a new 'job description' for me crafty. So for the record, I'm not selling anything - you can prise my crafty from my cold dead hand! and you can prise my hopper from my other cold dead hand.

Anyway, don't want to de-rail anymore than I have.... back to the hopper!

To be clear, I wasn't referring directly to you or anyone else. Now that you've mentioned that you're thinking of selling your kids, however... :whip:

Carl Hempel

I just ordered this one http://www.dhgate.com/store/product/new-mini-honey-straw-kit-with-quartz-tip/237375836.html
rBVaGVU9e9GAMS_YAAERN1eGivA680.jpg

It's like the PNWT, except that it should be spill proof, and it comes with a quartz tip if you want to use it as a nectar collector.

For $18 I figured it would make a nice travel water piece to pair perfectly with the hopper
Edit
Short clip, not mine, of it with water in it.

I ordered one of these myself, a few weeks ago... to pair with my Arizer Air.
Sadly due to the lack of a guard around the top tube (the bottom air intake has one) I tend to get water in my mouth when using it. If that issue were addressed, then it would be perfect - Like a smaller Pinnacle water tool.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yea personally even the sunshine store pnwt got water in my mouth, hard to get the water level right so it can diffuse and not splash, sold mine with my Air. I've been more curious about the larger 18mm hydratubes, looks like they work much much better to me

Tek

Some people have suggested to take shorter draws but for people like me who normally inhale the max amount I possibly can, short draws just aren't going to cut it so the silicone tip to pair with a wt might be necessary for me and anyone with my style of vaping.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Some people have suggested to take shorter draws but for people like me who normally inhale the max amount I possibly can, short draws just aren't going to cut it so the silicone tip to pair with a wt might be necessary for me and anyone with my style of vaping.
I have used these silicone tips with great success at softening and cooling harsh vapor - give it a try first before pairing with water ...you may find water unnecessary as I did.

shadymilkman

I think we should remember a few things, one we got better insulation, than the 'OG' that @BuzzDanklin got during his initial visit. "45% better insulation."

Which leads to a few things, the battery can be used more efficiently if the FW is re-calibrated (I am inferring that it isn't based on the updates, in so much that it would be a delay worth mentioning). So there's a chance that the heater and control electronics are not optimally calibrated for this change (unless they were able to update the control system, I shouldn't discount this team). On the back of that observation the gasses will be hotter because there's less heat transfer (enthalpy) with the body of the device where there's 'new' insulation. The mouthpiece (MP) was also designed behind the older insulation, and probably had a lower operating temp during tests because of this (heat would be lost to the body/'older' insulation). Now since the hot gas is more contained the only opportunity it has to transfer is where the insulation is weakest (or path of least resistance), which is the tip, where we put our lips.

What was missed in the last thread, by a great many people, is the cascading nature of manufacturing, once you fix one problem, you find theres a lot downstream that needs to change as well, things you may not necessarily forsee.. this is one example, of which we dont know the entire chain of events and changes that precipitated each new delay. The lack of credit given to this team to overcome that each time, is astounding.

This, however is a turning point for the company being able to get ahead of themselves and get the product out, instead of aborting and pushing things back. Its a perverse life, being an artist/engineer, youre never done tinkering, because it can always be better.. making you (HprLabs) or anyone their own worst enemy, like double dutch (which in all reality they are probably working on fixing, if not already fixed) you just have to jump in, the product looks to be a well made, I hope it can last 5-10 years issue free.

Kalessin

Yea personally even the sunshine store pnwt got water in my mouth, hard to get the water level right so it can diffuse and not splash, sold mine with my Air. I've been more curious about the larger 18mm hydratubes, looks like they work much much better to me
I do occasionally get a bit of water in my mouth with mine, but I've had it a couple months now so I'm dialed in as to where I should keep the water level, and how hard to draw. Now, when I let other people use it, it can be a bit of a problem... Edit: And, thinking about it, I probably have a tendency to pull too hard anyway, cause I seem to recall tasting a lot of bong water compared to my friends when I was still smoking.

hi_there

I do occasionally get a bit of water in my mouth with mine, but I've had it a couple months now so I'm dialed in as to where I should keep the water level, and how hard to draw. Now, when I let other people use it, it can be a bit of a problem... Edit: And, thinking about it, I probably have a tendency to pull too hard anyway, cause I seem to recall tasting a lot of bong water compared to my friends when I was still smoking.

I just fill it right above the lines for air. You have to hold it straight up and down but I don't ever get water doing it that way.

Kalessin

I do tilt mine a bit, I keep the water line for mine maybe, 3 mm or slightly less above the inlets, that way they stay covered even if I tilt it a bit. I'm really not concerned with the little amounts of water I do get in my mouth, because unlike bong water, it doesn't taste noticeably different to me from clean water.

Top Bottom