The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

kellya86

Herb gardener...
That volcano sounds like a hungry herb eater to me....
I think If I had one I'd consume more product...
I like the versatility of the eq, instant single extraction or hour long sipping session, and everything I between...

It may not excell at any one thing, but it's a fair trade off for being able to switch it up so much, I find swapping delivery method's keeps my tolerance on its toes...specially since I vape the same strain for 6 months at at time..

@TommydCat , when he asked if I wanted my draw in a bag.........

throwawaytre3s

That volcano sounds like a hungry herb eater to me....
I think If I had one I'd consume more product...
I like the versatility of the eq, instant single extraction or hour long sipping session, and everything I between...

It may not excell at any one thing, but it's a fair trade off for being able to switch it up so much, I find swapping delivery method's keeps my tolerance on its toes...specially since I vape the same strain for 6 months at at time..

@TommydCat , when he asked if I wanted my draw in a bag.........

I think this is definitely valid. The EQ is very versatile and I'm glad to have bought one when I first started vaping. With a DDave mod, it's absolutely terrific! I love elbow packing mine and doing some bags, they're great. I haven't used my EQ in a while though, since I've gotten the enano. I need to break it out...

BD9

The Extreme Q seems to be back ordered/out of stock at most of the online shops. The only place I have found it in stock is Arizer website for $239.00. I've seen it priced from $179.00 - $199.00 on other websites.

Man, being cheap is starting to require too much patience. :shrug: :D

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Thanks!
Just sent an email to Arizer to ask if Aroma Tek is an authorized dealer. That $144.99 price has me wondering if it's a grey market or refurbished unit.
If it is an actual Authorized dealer then Aroma Tek would be responsible for the RMA, If you ever had to send it back. You would be sending it back to them, worst case.

If the unit is $145, then perhaps Aroma Tek is based in Canada? EQ's sell cheaper in it's home country. I bought mine from Agracan for $150.00 and ate some postage on the RMA back to Canada. But still came out ahead. SO glad I bought from an Authorized dealer. It saved me big time. Like the warranty on my portable vapes saved me the aggravation. :bang:

Due to my cold, I've been doing bags all week. The gooseneck adapter I made really works well in fast filling with little restriction and pinching. As soon as I turn on the fan, the bag immediately wakes up and a cascade of thick vapor pours into vapebag. First bag at 200c second at 210c. Sometimes I will even run the bag through the Glass warhammer.:peace:

Last edited:

BD9

Heard from Arizer and Aroma Tek is an authorized dealer. I'll be placing an order later this evening. @bobbylite and Cuckfumbustion (hope you feel better soon!) thank you both for the help!

Any accessories I should consider? I've read about the DDave mod, but can't find a direct link to what it actually is or if it's still available.

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Any accessories I should consider? I've read about the DDave mod, but can't find a direct link to what it actually is or if it's still available.
Check my sig
Ddave
http://www.ebay.com/sch/ddave_mod/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Full kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-DDave-M...923189?hash=item1c64a9a2f5:g:x7YAAOSwf-VWVM3P

@DDave himself is here at FC and and answer questions.

Glad to hear Aroma Tek is in the US. Next probing question. Do they RMA in the US? or does it go to Canada? I've heard there might be a US repair center once upon a time.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Heard from Arizer and Aroma Tek is an authorized dealer. I'll be placing an order later this evening. @bobbylite and Cuckfumbustion (hope you feel better soon!) thank you both for the help!

Hey @BD9....
This is thread dedicated to the mod. It's evolved a bit from the initial kit, so don't stop reading at first post...

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ddave-mod-new-ddave-mini-mod-kit-for-arizer-eq-vtower-vapes.19018/

All mod kits...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ddave_mod/m.html

And @CuckFumbustion is getting quicker on the draw than I am! :bowdown:

CuckFumbustion

And @CuckFumbustion is getting quicker on the draw than I am! :bowdown:
Well that went well. :D @BD9 Let us know how well things go with Aroma Tek. I'm looking at their portables and support history. Whats this? They sell heater covers!:rockon:
Arizer Extreme Q Tuff Bowl
Seen this item elsewhere too. Is the Arizer Extreme Q Tuff Bowl just an ordinary Cyclone bowl with a silicone sleeve over the top?:haw: I've done that with my wand before.
http://www.aroma-tek.com/Arizer-Extreme-Q-Tuff-Bowl_p_33.html

The @DDave The Full kit is the shortest path to upgrading everything from bowl to whip and everything in between. Then you can build on that and get creative if you wish.:science:

CuckFumbustion

Ordered my Extreme Q. Should have it in 2-3 days.

Aroma Tek accepts PayPal. Ordering was a breeze. Now I have 6 months no interest, no payments while I enjoy my new tool. :rockon:
That is a deal maker right there. Under $150 for a new EQ bought in the US, Paypal credit and their Pay after delivery option. Authorized seller- Just in case- check.
If they RMA-ed in the US, Then I might get an Arizer portable at some point with such a well rounded deal.
Yes. It is ugly as sin and it will eventually dry out and start to crack from the heat.

^^^ Voice of experience
So it is an ordinary cyclone bowl :lol: I'd laugh at that a little harder, but I've actually broken a wand while reading this thread.
TIL that I own a reamer tool. Made for ordinary wooden pipes. :sherlock:Then found out there are several made for ordinary pipes.:doh:Later found one on ebay just like the one I own.
After much browsing. I still love my Straight up SS reamer tool. The rounded tool with the serrated teeth on mine is ideal for scraping EQ baskets clean. The poker end is great for squeegeeing wands. Especially in a single dip of ISO.

I highly recommend a reamer similar to mine. Like say the one in the first pic. If I had a round end instead of an oval it would be perfect for tamping. Workable with more effort. If you work the sides them the center out. But conversely, the oval end for mine is good for mushroom capping basket screens. Like when I try to convert my 18mm baskets to fit my 19mm wands.:bang: I've seen others with wooden handle inlays like a combo of mine and the first one. But the straight up SS suits me just fine.:nod:

Well now I just talked myself into buying a second SS reamer. Just like the one I already have (and for only $5! Last one too. So I couldn't even hold out. Bought it quick. Now It's sold out.:brow:). The 2nd image is one I own and the one on the way. 3rd image is the reamer tool I'm trying to get for my portables. Small and lightweight and I can come up with a holder/handle arrangement for that for less fumbling outside.
If you want to look for my fave reamer on your own ->Castleford Stainless Tobacco Pipe Reamer Tamper Scraper Poker Tool
s-l1600.jpg
s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

BD9

That is a deal maker right there. Under $150 for a new EQ bought in the US, Paypal credit and their Pay after delivery option. Authorized seller- Just in case- check.
If they RMA-ed in the US, Then I might get an Arizer portable at some point with such a well rounded deal.
So it is an ordinary cyclone bowl :lol: I'd laugh at that a little harder, but I've actually broken a wand while reading this thread.

Thank you again for all the help Cuckfumbustion!

I love helping people part with their money :lol:.

RMA to Washington. :nod: I had originally said California.:ugh:

I pulled this from Aroma Tek's site;

AROMA-TEK GUARANTEE

When you purchase your Extreme Q from Aroma-Tek we've got you covered. The Extreme Q is very reliable, but should your unit stop working during the manufacturer warranty period of 3 years, you can send it back to us for repair or replacement.

What does this mean for you? Since Arizer is in Canada you won't need to send it back to them for replacement. This will guarantee you a working product in much less time and save you the hassle of making an international shipment. This is an added value for our customers at no extra charge and is only offered from Aroma-Tek. Purchase your Extreme Q with confidence!

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Thank you again for all the help Cuckfumbustion!

I love helping people part with their money :lol:.

RMA to California. :nod:

I pulled this from Aroma Tek's site;

AROMA-TEK GUARANTEE

When you purchase your Extreme Q from Aroma-Tek we've got you covered. The Extreme Q is very reliable, but should your unit stop working during the manufacturer warranty period of 3 years, you can send it back to us for repair or replacement.

What does this mean for you? Since Arizer is in Canada you won't need to send it back to them for replacement. This will guarantee you a working product in much less time and save you the hassle of making an international shipment. This is an added value for our customers at no extra charge and is only offered from Aroma-Tek. Purchase your Extreme Q with confidence!
It was a hassle, time and the worrying of customs that made it hard for me. But EQ's in the US were priced in the $200+ range. I'll check out some reviews of buyers who had to RMA to Aroma-Tek and what their experience was.

With Agracan, I kept all the packaging and retaped it and slapped the newer shipping label over the older one. Because I wanted to overtly show it was a returned item to not pay some retail customs tax going into Canada. I never shipped internationally before and the owner walked me through everything. Which was awesome of him, BTW. I just wanted to buy an EQ under $150 like a Canadian would. Let us know if the packaging is discreet or not. ahem.

I would keep any and all packaging and extras for any vape with a warranty. Some want everything that was sent to you or with Arizer, just the power unit and the EQ itself with preferably the original box with the warranty info on the outside flap. ( At least it isn't a project like sending a Hard Drive back to WD.) No wait, you have to clean the unit before it goes back.:ugh:

Pipe Reamers on the way. Use mine everyday. A mini when I go away. :peace:

Kevin77

Hi everyone! First post on the forum. I'm brand new to smoking herb. Last few weeks I've smoked a couple times and have fell in love with it. Both times were a portable vap, so I decided to go all out and buy the EQ since I'll be smoking only at home.
My question is with efficiency.. since I'm such a rookie weed smoker, I'm going to assume this is going to put me on my ass. If I pack a full bowl, and have the device heated, do I need to finish the entire bowl, or could I just take a hit or two, turn it off and keep the leftovers in the device for later?

Any advice is helpful, thanks :)

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Hi everyone! First post on the forum. I'm brand new to smoking herb. Last few weeks I've smoked a couple times and have fell in love in. Both times were a portable vap, so I decided to go all out and buy the EQ since I'll be smoking only at home.
My question is with efficiency.. since I'm such a rookie weed smoker, I'm going to assume this is going to put me on my ass. If I pack a full bowl, and have the device heated, do I need to finish the entire bowl, or could I just take a hit or two, turn it off and keep the leftovers in the device for later?

Welcome to the thread @Kevin77. Smoking is combustion. BTW. Forget combustion. You want to vaporize your herb. Think of water molecules. When you get vaped. You are extracting the oils and plant essence. Then theirs reclaim and ABV.:brow:

I would read some messages in this thread maybe 10 pages back just to get familiar with everything.:nod: There are several options, much less several draw methods. Veteran EQers might talk about one hit extractions. 'rippers' or a passive hookah session 'sippers'. If you are using the lower temp range and/or a cyclone bowl session you can take your time with it. A basket pack means more concentrated heat and is preferred for those who are going for thicker extractions for say a whip or water tool.

In one of my post, I mention how I got familiar with vaping by starting with a preheated cyclone bowl at 185c and stepping up the temp +4c after taking a few draws at a time to get to know the range of extraction possible. Around 200c I got the syrupy flavor 210c the burnt popcorn taste. Popcorn taste means it is spent.

Also there is a quick upgrade path mentioned in this thread ( and my sig) about the @DDave kit. Highly recommended around the thread.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@Kevin77 don't fill the cyclone and finish it all for your first real session, that will very likely fuck you over....

I find eq vapour to be more potent than conduction portable vapour...

I'd start with a half elbow pack...

If I do leave herb in my vape, I turn it down a bit below whatever I just vaped at...

Hi everyone! First post on the forum. I'm brand new to smoking herb. Last few weeks I've smoked a couple times and have fell in love with it. Both times were a portable vap, so I decided to go all out and buy the EQ since I'll be smoking only at home.

have a read up on elbow packing mate

Top Bottom