The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Back in the day. . Thick glass rules.

When you do try out bags, If you can get the gassy range as well as the terpy range inside a bag, then you will achieve vapebag bliss. :ko:Hope this all helps. @ataxian

Don't get me wrong?

I had a custom hydro tube made 9mm thick and I love it!

I did not start smoking pot until 1970.
Mostly Thai Sticks, OAXACA COLAS, MAUI WOWIE, MAPLE LEAF to name a few.
Back in the day was 6 joints a day. It was free!
Bags? Never tried?
When I lived in FRANCE I learned to drink wine.
Mixing Tobacco with CANNABIS was gross to me!

Oldvape53

God I'm old... I remember maui wauwi... actual black thai sticks that were tied.... first time i ever hallucinated smoking pot, remember seeing the music coming out of the speakers.... the terrible mexican and columbian of the time..... so much bad, and so much good, but all gone now....

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
There are places to discuss weed nostalgia here on FC, but the EQ thread isn't one of them. Let's please get the thread back on topic. Thank you.

:peace:

phried

I've been "experimenting" for a couple of hours so prepare for a wall of text. And yes, this might have been mentioned before but I'm more of the "tinker with your own toys before you ask others" kind of guy, and especially with the EQ with all its bits of customizable pieces, I knew it would be fun. I gots time and aromatherapy material to burn. Or vape.

I got the EQ simply to replace my lighter. Yes, my butane lighter. The EQ was simply to be used as a digital lighter replacement for my bong. So to replicate the experience of smoking with a bong, one has to load up, light up, and finish it all in one gulp. No relighting shit, always hitting the green. Good times. But I was failing with the EQ. And I blamed it on Arizer, and was hoping for the arrival of DDave's Mod V2.5 to bring me to paradise.

But I was just stupid and it was basically down to properly packing the elbow. Now I can stow my lighters away just for emergencies. And I can vape at 210C everytime with anywhere from 0.05-0.2 of material completely cashed in one go, without stirring. Just how I like it. Just like how it should be with a bong. I'm never going back to cleaning tar-filled bongs again. And boy. It. Gets. You. There.

Oh the joys of the EQ! And its eventual upgrade in the form of DDave's Mod V2.5! I'm enslaved to the whip!

For the meantime.

And I've been running my EQ for quite extended periods of time, almost 16-20hours a stretch. Does this kind of excessive use kill it much faster?

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I'm never going back to cleaning tar-filled bongs again. And boy. It. Gets. You. There.
No more dental skills needed. :D Reclaim is way better than tar. Its actual extract. Another way to get somewhere. :brow:
And I've been running my EQ for quite extended periods of time, almost 16-20hours a stretch. Does this kind of excessive use kill it much faster?
I leave mine plugged in 24/7. Always on and preheating when I'm home. Only turned off when I'm away.

Oddly enough, It seems weaken it, if I unplug it at all. As if the heater cover was not getting heated. Then returns back over time, If I leave it plugged in but not on. Perhaps the transformer works better after it has time to store some juice? A few others here believe that to be true.

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
I leave mine plugged in 24/7. Always on and preheating when I'm home. Only turned off when I'm away.

Oddly enough, It seems weaken it, if I unplug it at all. As if the heater cover was not getting heated. Then returns back over time, If I leave it plugged in but not on. Perhaps the transformer works better after it has time to store some juice? A few others here believe that to be true.

I think once "juiced up" the black box regulates stable power dealing with minor power surges & current fluctuations enabling predictable, consistent heat.

phried

No more dental skills needed. :D Reclaim is way better than tar. Its actual extract. Another way to get somewhere. :brow:

Uh, mine wasn't just plugged in... it was heating for 16hours at one time lol. The power brick's always lit on mine, only the unit is turned off (when it is turned off). I guess that does fall under excessive right? On the topic of reclaim - I've never imagined that shit to be worth anything (nasty & smelly when combusted), but after soaking my Crafty's cooling unit and reaping a lot of potent and actually appeallingly-smelling reclaim... :razz::freak::zombie::zzz: Waiting for the gunk to build up on the EQ!

Also concerned with the lifespan of the fan - it's always turned on when preheating and it's cycled on & off when doing fan-assisted bonging. Has anyone had their fan die on them?

I'm finally getting good sleep using vapes with this one. Too excited for DDave's mod.

Back to beta-testing.

CuckFumbustion

Also concerned with the lifespan of the fan - it's always turned on when preheating and it's cycled on & off when doing fan-assisted bonging. Has anyone had their fan die on them?
No, but I have had to take apart and clean mine a few times. If I hear a hesitation or brief whir sound, enough times, then I know there is enough ABV that fell through the unit to do a proper cleaning.

I just use my special scraping tool and squeegee my wands and wipe them on the top of the basket. Revape. No ISO needed. At the same temp as the flowers.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I think once "juiced up" the black box regulates stable power dealing with minor power surges & current fluctuations enabling predictable, consistent heat.

I think this is spot on, the same way my digital ballast regulate's the fluctuating supply, to provide consistent light/heat for my flowers.

I leave my eq sitting on 200 for 16 hours all the time.

As for the reclaim, eat that shit, much better than vaping it....

@phried stop worrying, eq is strong and reliable...and easy fixable...
Like is said earlier, eq is almost immortal...

phried

No, but I have had to take apart and clean mine a few times. If I hear a hesitation or brief whir sound, enough times, then I know there is enough ABV that fell through the unit to do a proper cleaning.

I just use my special scraping tool and squeegee my wands and wipe them on the top of the basket. Revape. No ISO needed. At the same temp as the flowers.
Thanks, I might "inspect" the insides of my EQ once the warranty lapses. For now I just gotta be anal and be super careful not letting material through that gaping cavity in the EQ.

I think this is spot on, the same way my digital ballast regulate's the fluctuating supply, to provide consistent light/heat for my flowers.

I leave my eq sitting on 200 for 16 hours all the time.

As for the reclaim, eat that shit, much better than vaping it....

@phried stop worrying, eq is strong and reliable...and easy fixable...
Like is said earlier, eq is almost immortal...
Eat the reclaim huh? I don't mind spreading some over a cookie, but this is actually the first time someone recommended "smokeable/vapeable" material to be consumed differently. It'll probably be similar as eating a strong edible right? Never thought of using reclaim that way lol.

And hearing that the EQ is almost immortal sounds great, at half the price of the Volcano with similar reliability... Always makes you feel good about your purchase.

Back to the lab.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@phried eat the reclaim, it's a very hard hitting edible....

Once a month I go to space now....
Can't wait for my next adventure....

@Sds when you say pack the elbow, do you mean wand???
I only use 0.05 in my ddave basket...

As for draw speed, use the 'vape force' to sort of feel it, there is no set rule, just get the vapour streaming.....

phried

@kellya86 It's up there on my list, still gathering enough buildup to warrant a thorough cleaning, but I'm certainly setting aside a nice launch date for that when the weather's great.

Killed my EQ elbow joint so no more water for the moment. Sad times. Even my Crafty was affected since it also depends on the same EQ elbow to attach to my piece.

I blame that fat fly. I still do.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@phried them delicate elbows do break easy, bad design anyway if you ask me, the inevitable weak point and the vapour bottle neck that occurres using one...

Get some @DDave wands, they are borosilicate and good quality, I've accidently bashed mine on other glass and marble and they are still ok,
Not to mention the massive performance gain that comes with it..

Don't buy another elbow, I have 4 doing nothing, buy a ddave kit....

phried

@phried them delicate elbows do break easy, bad design anyway if you ask me, the inevitable weak point and the vapour bottle neck that occurres using one...

Get some @DDave wands, they are borosilicate and good quality, I've accidently bashed mine on other glass and marble and they are still ok,
Not to mention the massive performance gain that comes with it..

Don't buy another elbow, I have 4 doing nothing, buy a ddave kit....
Oh it's coming, just not soon enough! :ko: One owner told me how his EQ elbow broke (ok, separate is the right term) when he submerged his under boiling water... with no impact. :shrug: True story.

Duct taping the extra whip tubing to the broken elbow ends seem to be working fine to an extent. All I need now is patience.

Still love this thing.

CuckFumbustion

Went through the junk drawer of the local funky hippie shop. They sold out of the bulk of junk I was willing to look at.
But once again I didn't realize how well I lucked out till I got home for the 3rd time.

Duel wand setup UPGRADED. Actually found an 19mm adapter (outer) better than the one I have been using already. Better length with the 9- 19mm wands I have. Near perfect actually! Pure luck of the draw. :whoa: The flatter end touches the top of my glass female adapter. So better heat conduction. :nod:Outside wall warmed up quick.:brow: Better Socket type even. So an even tighter seal between the inner and outer wand. Actually looks more eloquent. Scary how quickly it ramps up and starts filling bags at 189C. Been using bags during my stupid cold. (Not advisable.:uhh: )But yea. The Duel wand V2 and the gooseneck adapter (plus my Cyclone bowl VAPEBAGS.) makes the first bag get most of the extraction of F3 early on.

Warhammer upgrade. Different perc with round holes instead of slits. Like mini portholes. :lol: It has a 10mm(?) opening for such a large inside volume. Got an 18mm to 10mm(?) adapter. to get it to work. Now with the power of the upgraded Duel wand pushing from behind, It should change the bubbles enough to make it worthwhile. :sherlock:

Fitted the 6 slit into a two hole rubber plug and a COLAVITA glass olive oil jar. Second water tool upgraded.

Two large thick silicone holes adapters for possible portable projects. Got some Free hemp wick cause I'm a shameless haggler.:haw:

CuckFumbustion

You know it will be a good one when the post starts with this :science::whoa:.
3rd time I started a post like that.:D
Sometimes Its better to be lucky than good. I now have the ideal airtight duel wand setup to fit my double walled hose adapter without having to place a special order.:rockon: A different downstem arrangement for the Warhammer involving larger bubbles and a narrow to 10mm throat. So I could get a 10mm Female water tool, If I wish with the 18mm to 10mm adapter. Have 2 silicone adapters for portables and the claisen. Free hemp wick. Not bad for questing under $40. The Main setup looks leaner.

Sds

@Sds when you say pack the elbow, do you mean wand???
I only use 0.05 in my ddave basket...

As for draw speed, use the 'vape force' to sort of feel it, there is no set rule, just get the vapour streaming.....

Sorry I should clarify i don't have a full DDave setup. Just an 18mm Female/Female with Silver Surfer elbow.
This is a pic of my set up and how i grind and pack the herb for 198C...

I've only had the EQ for a couple months and am just trying to find the most efficient usage.
Would you guys say thats a fine enough grind?

Cheers!

Stevenski

Enter the Dragon
That's about how I would grind & pack @Sds but I would vape at 220c+ & have ridiculous single hit extractions :D. That is a good basic setup for the EQ with water & every move you make now will just be a variation of the same ideas :nod:.

You may as well throw that ice out as you want to moisten the vapour not cool it so you can try hot water & moisten it more :2c:.

PS nice cat :whoa:

Sds

Thanks @Stevenski and @kellya86 for the tips.
Packed smaller (0.05-0.08) and bumped up to 220. Also lost the ice.
Seems quite warm but definitely some decent single hit clouds!
I hear about these people getting 4-6 'huge' rips of an elbow pack..
Is this simply the case of using more herb but in turn also losing on efficiency as single hits would seem to be the most efficient way to use?

Thanks guys!

Top Bottom