The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

Nugg

@Sds Yeah my grind is the same. When I pack a wand I use the straw method (suck it into the screen that's installed in the wand), level it off and lightly tamp it down. Let it heat soak for a minute then vape it at 230 :whoa: Also try hot water in your bong. It will smooth the hits even more.

Had a few mates around to play PS2 and hang out on Saturday. Had the EQ on for a good 8 hours at 230. At one point a leaned over and took through my water tool. Got a decent thick cloud but not a huge long rip. I go to empty the bowl and there was nothing in there...??!? My wand it so filthy that I can take a hit with nothing packed and still get a cloud. Probably time to clean everything up lol

Sds

@Sds Yeah my grind is the same. When I pack a wand I use the straw method (suck it into the screen that's installed in the wand), level it off and lightly tamp it down. Let it heat soak for a minute then vape it at 230 :whoa: Also try hot water in your bong. It will smooth the hits even more.

Had a few mates around to play PS2 and hang out on Saturday. Had the EQ on for a good 8 hours at 230. At one point a leaned over and took through my water tool. Got a decent thick cloud but not a huge long rip. I go to empty the bowl and there was nothing in there...??!? My wand it so filthy that I can take a hit with nothing packed and still get a cloud. Probably time to clean everything up lol

If I use the straw method into my elbow, then level it off and pad it down lightly, it uses about 0.1-0.12 of herb.
I'll have to give it a go!

Also I have to ask.. Why are you playing PS2? :o

Nugg

Lol we were indeed playing PS2 for nostalgic reasons. When me and my mates were 18 - 22 we would smash PS2 and cones almost 24/7. You could buy second hand games for under $10 so I amassed quiet a large collection.

I have another mate who loves to come round and use my EQ and will always request a GT2 on PS1.

I think tonight I'm gonna be vaping reclaim on cotton in the EQ for a huge punch in the face :D

Sds

Fifa 16, NBA 2k16 and Rocket League (all on ps4) are literally all that gets played at mine.

Lol we were indeed playing PS2 for nostalgic reasons. When me and my mates were 18 - 22 we would smash PS2 and cones almost 24/7. You could buy second hand games for under $10 so I amassed quiet a large collection.

I have another mate who loves to come round and use my EQ and will always request a GT2 on PS1.

I think tonight I'm gonna be vaping reclaim on cotton in the EQ for a huge punch in the face :D

How does one vape using reclaim?
My silver surfer elbow gets dirty pretty gunked up quite quickly (probably not as much now that I will be packing less).

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Finally, back to something I can talk about.....

I don't have time for consoles, I work hard and have kids, my spare time is spent with them, we do have a ps3 but it's purely a guitar hero machine....and that's the only time I play computer...

So once you have collected your reclaim, by your preferred method, you can wipe it on some cotton and vape that. I put my cotton through a heat cycle first...

Or if you have a bubbler with dabbing capabilities, you can dab it...

But I've never been a fan of vaping reclaim, the taste is well gone after the many heat cycles it's been through in my wand....

Last week I ate a spoonful of reclaim mixed with some icingsugar and lemon extract...taste was OK, better than vaping, and it's only 1 spoonful,

A spoonful of sugar make the medicine go down.... (Mary poppings)

Within half hour I was fucked, and for the rest of the day....

Eat your reclaim, on a day when you don't have plans...

phried

Finally, back to something I can talk about.....

I don't have time for consoles, I work hard and have kids, my spare time is spent with them, we do have a ps3 but it's purely a guitar hero machine....and that's the only time I play computer...

So once you have collected your reclaim, by your preferred method, you can wipe it on some cotton and vape that. I put my cotton through a heat cycle first...

Or if you have a bubbler with dabbing capabilities, you can dab it...

But I've never been a fan of vaping reclaim, the taste is well gone after the many heat cycles it's been through in my wand....

Last week I ate a spoonful of reclaim mixed with some icingsugar and lemon extract...taste was OK, better than vaping, and it's only 1 spoonful,

A spoonful of sugar make the medicine go down.... (Mary poppings)

Within half hour I was fucked, and for the rest of the day....

Eat your reclaim, on a day when you don't have plans...
How about dosing? A tablespoon (or teaspoon?) for a 75kg guy good yeah? Unless you're bear-sized I might have grossly miscalculated.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I am not a bear, I'm a streamlined, aerodynamic kind of guy...

The blob I ate was on a teaspoon, but was nowhere near full, I'd say I had about a small sized coin amount, like a UK 5 pense...bit less maybe....

Once mixed with sugar it was a full spoonfull, I will also say my dose was way too much... I'd half it next time...

Nugg

@Sds I use a q tip soaked in iso to do a preliminary clean of my wands and bangers. I let the iso evaporate from the q tips then cut the cotton off the end and pull it apart a bit. Stick that in the basket screen and vape at 235c.

I don't mind the taste, it's normally a bit spicey and sometimes a bit minty but do use water tool with more diffusion.

@kellya86 I was lucky to get a rare moment on a Saturday night with no wife, child or work to worry about. It was lovely. I hadn't been that vaked in ages.

We have a PS3 too but I've never gamed on it lol.

Last edited:

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Fifa 16, NBA 2k16 and Rocket League (all on ps4) are literally all that gets played at mine.

How does one vape using reclaim?
My silver surfer elbow gets dirty pretty gunked up quite quickly (probably not as much now that I will be packing less).

Cheers
Depends on your desperation?

For some it's no problem!

I can't stand it!

I will make a CANNA LOTION instead.
Coconut Oil
Fragrance (Jasmine or Pulmaria)
CANNABIS (ABV) I convert it to a oil and it bonds with Coconut Oil.
This is a base I go by. (I add Vitamin E if I've been in the sun)
If your skin is sensitive ALOE VERA gel is nice to add.

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Without using the vapexhale I can't compare....

But the digital display, price, reliability and moddability win it for me...

Gotta be an eq....

You are on the eq thread, what was you expecting.....

Post the same message on vapexhale thread and I'm sure you will get a different opinions....

BD9

You are on the eq thread, what was you expecting.....

Post the same message on vapexhale thread and I'm sure you will get a different opinions....

Yeah, it was a coin toss to decide where to post my indecision.

I am leaning toward the EQ for the reasons you mentioned but I want make sure I get as much info as I can on both units so I don't have buyer's remorse.

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
Yeah, it was a coin toss to decide where to post my indecision.

I am leaning toward the EQ for the reasons you mentioned but I want make sure I get as much info as I can on both units so I don't have buyer's remorse.
Does the VapeEx even have a fan? It has an all glass pathway.(+) The site says it isn't meant to be used upside down. For a $400+ vape? (-) So I passed on that with last years sale.

The EQ has a digital display that has a wider range of temp I believe. I would get it from an authorized dealer with it's full warranty. I did RMA mine successfully. The second unit has been my DD for nearly 1yr now.

MinnBobber

Does the VapeEx even have a fan? It has an all glass pathway.(+) The site says it isn't meant to be used upside down. For a $400+ vape? (-) So I passed on that with last years sale.
VapeXHale has no fan, correct.
Their site says it isn't meant to be used upside down.... BUT that is very very very misleading. It is not ok to leave the EVO inverted between hits.
It is absolutely ok to invert/hold while you are hitting it, but then remove the EVO
and place it right side up.

Just to clear that up as VXL language on that leads any reasonable person to the wrong conclusion.

strictly vapor

Hey guys, I've been hit pretty hard with VAS and I'm considering a desktop vaporizer to play around with. I own an MFLB & a Crafty, and I was pretty much sold on getting a Volcano next but was diverted to the EQ since it looks like I could play around with it a bit using my 18.8mm water pieces. I know there's a Crafty adapter made by NewVape and the UFO for the MFLB specifically made for such purposes, but I really want to use a dedicated desktop vaporizer to give my portables some breathing space. And it'll keep me preoccupied until I get my FF2. Yeah, VAS.

So with that in mind, should I go for an EQ? I do own a Crafty (which people say perform close to the Volcano in the taste department) so I kinda know what to expect from a Volcano (but I haven't tried it yet, or any bag vape for that matter), but I still have no idea if the EQ will satisfy. Again, I'm probably going to use it primarily whip/bong style, with bags as a secondary function for group settings. Go for it? Spend for the Volcano? I'm not trying to just spend my money though, I want to open up other vaping possibilities than just sucking through a straw.

I do know of the major differences between the two in terms of bag filling performance and all those other caveats, but I'd love to hear from a real fan/user. Also concerned of the longevity of the EQ. Looking forward to hearing you sell me the EQ! :D Thanks guys!

Great call on going after a desktop unit. Personally I would be very hard pressed without one, even with the solo and mighty at my disposal. For me, desktop units are the daily drivers, the ones I most often find myself looking to use, and typically a little easier on the throat/lungs. I own both the volcano and extreme q, and for me I feel the extreme q is a more logical first step for the following reasons: it has the capability of being used with a whip (direct draw) or through a bag, not to mention the countless mods available and the ability to mate it with a water tool, which I thoroughly enjoy. This is important for me because as much as I enjoy bags, they are more of a suppliment to my routine as they can become harsh and less enjoyable day after day, and after heavy use this is when I find myself craving direct draw vapor. Another important point is that while there are 2 valve systems for the volcano, I prefer the easy valve with a full bowl (0.7) in order to get the results im looking for (even though many people use less with the liquid pad) and with the extreme q a full bowl is 0.5, but you'll often find a .3 to be more than enough. Both of these units should last you a very long time with normal use, I have 2 extreme q's and 1 of them has been left on several hours a day since 2010 when I bought it and still going strong, while many volcano owners report their units have been working for 5+ years as well, so both are built to last. The volcano definitely trumps the exteme q in bag vapor quality (in my opinion) partly its extraction and also the quicker fill time makes a big difference for me, but I strongly believe you'll want a direct draw desktop before going for the volcano.

Edit: I didn't realize you had already bought the q, great choice. Cant figure out how to delete this post, but if it's deemed irrelevant please remove!

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
Some good points....

But the eq load is really only 0.05 to 0.1 if you are elbow packing....

I'm shocked that the volcano takes 0.7...

That's like a ten bag for people that buy it from streets here....

How many bag's does that give you????

Is that 1 session??? I'd be ruined if I did 0.7 all in one sitting....

strictly vapor

Some good points....

But the eq load is really only 0.05 to 0.1 if you are elbow packing....

I'm shocked that the volcano takes 0.7...

That's like a ten bag for people that buy it from streets here....

How many bag's does that give you????

Is that 1 session??? I'd be ruined if I did 0.7 all in one sitting....

Great point, the vast majority of the time I elbow pack and use much less, I guess I was looking to highlight the MAXIMUM I ever run thru the q. I get anywhere from 5-9 quality bags from this load in the volcano(low temp - 175-185) and typically get 2-3 sessions of this same bowl, depending on how far I'm lookng to take things. I recently got 5 bags out of a bowl of kush over 2 sessions, and added the spent bowl to a smoothie the following day. This smoothie was so strong that i had half in the morning and half at night, and was quite medicated all day. The volcano definitely takes alot at once when filling a full bowl, but I do find i get good mileage out of it, however probably not the same mileage i get with the q.

Top Bottom