• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Extreme-Q Vaporizer

TOWELIE 420

Thanks Oldie I feel like I've been welcomed by a true legend!(No pun intended) I read the ENTIRE thread
before posting, Ill continue to post since the Sheriff seems to still be in this ghost town,just got into Vaping in march once again I felt left out once I discovered this literal lifesaver. The solo was my first vape then the Q(bacwards I know) but I thought if the solo could completely convert a 15+yr smoker on 1st try I had to get the Q.I was pissed i couldnt understand how the portable seemed more efficient than the Big Guy.Well my mods put the solo in its place,PORTABLE. Ive broken countless glass to the solo and Eq with so much to come but hey its a transition my papers weren't so fragile lol. FC4LIFE
Welcome to the forum! Im very intrigued by your glass whip, I've wanted an all vapor trail for my EQ since I got it lol. Id love to see some pics as well. Also interested in the psyclone mod, sounds cool. Cheers man and good posts✌

I'll definitely post pics, Im able to use the elbow pack method which is most efficient but I dont use the elbow anymore i use the elbow screen and widening the cyclone bowl hole gives even vaping I get ridiculous vapor with solo flavor. My wife didnt care for Vaping just her blunts the solo was to restrictive in draw for her liking and the Eq didn't pack a punch. MY mods converted her instantly.

Last edited:

samirfuzzywuzzy

Oh man My creativity levels are off the chart today :brow:

my mind was going crazy when I found out what an ELB for the CLOUD is.

Im going to get a Da buddah whip and and put and ELB into it and then onto the Q.

EDIT: I just realized people been playing with this idea for a while

Last edited:

Liberty

Any suggestions as to how to keep the Cyclone Bowl's screen in place?

I usually do an Elbow Pack and once the material becomes light green, I blow the Elbow Pack into the Cyclone Bowl and then suck it back up into the Elbow for a few more draws. Doing this requries one to take a strong draw to get the material back into the Elbow and sometimes lifts the Cyclone Bowl's screen up, allowing material to fall onto the heating element.

Last edited:
Liberty,

Airlesscoma

The key is balance
Any suggestions as to how to keep the Cyclone Bowl's screen in place?
You could try putting the screen in on the other side of the glass ring. Or possibly get a slightly larger screen so it will stay in place better.

Airlesscoma,

Reflo

Oh man My creativity levels are off the chart today :brow:

my mind was going crazy when I found out what an ELB for the CLOUD is.

Im going to get a Da buddah whip and and put and ELB into it and then onto the Q.

EDIT: I just realized people been playing with this idea for a while

What seems to be the general consensus on using the ELB cloud bowls on the eq?? I searched a bunch but didn't find anything conclusive. I was thinking you could use them with a da buddha wand and replace the cyclone bowl with one of these http://aqualabtechnologies.com/alt-18-mm-female-to-18-mm-female-90-adapter.html
which would bring the heating element closer to the herb.

oldiebutgoodie

Apostle, Church of Vaporization
Any suggestions as to how to keep the Cyclone Bowl's screen in place? . . .

Use your thumbs to slightly bend the screen into a concave (dome) shape. Push the screen into the Cyclone sideways and then use the glass stir stick to tuck the screen around the bowl ledge, dome side up. Be patient, it will take some trial-and-error to get the shape just right so that it fits snug on the ledge. To remove, insert the back end of the stir stick into the bottom of the bowl and pop the screen free, then tweezers or similar to pull the screen out thru the top. Since this screen stays fairly clean, won't have to be removed very often. Where herb particles get lodged down around the ledge, I just blow that out, or better yet, use a can of compressed air which is good to have anyway with the Q to occasionally clean out the area down around the heater.

What seems to be the general consensus on using the ELB cloud bowls on the eq?? I searched a bunch but didn't find anything conclusive. I was thinking you could use them with a da buddha wand and replace the cyclone bowl with one of these http://aqualabtechnologies.com/alt-18-mm-female-to-18-mm-female-90-adapter.html
which would bring the heating element closer to the herb.

That adapter is a problem because of its "handle" in the middle. It is too wide to clear the Q's bezel opening and therefore it does not sit down fully on the Q's male joint, so there is not a tight seal. IIRC there are several attempts (including mine) posted in this thread mating up Cloud parts with the Q. I think the only one that was successful (mine wasn't) was using an 18/14 adapter to connect to the Q's male and another 14/18 atop that, in which the ELB is inserted. Note that 18mm joints are not all precisely the same, some are a tad longer/shorter, or some males have a thinner/thicker wall such that the ID varies; as a result the ELB (which does not vary) can sometimes fit into the male, sometimes it can't. You can also try inserting the ELB into the Q's glass elbow and fitting that into the female end of an adapter.

samirfuzzywuzzy

Im really thinking a 18mm female to male adapter would get the ELB the closet to the heater....then proceed with a female whip adapter

samirfuzzywuzzy,

oldiebutgoodie

Im really thinking a 18mm female to male adapter would get the ELB the closet to the heater....then proceed with a female whip adapter

I have such a female/male adapter, but as indicated above, the ELB will not fit inside the male end. I have several 18mm male adapters, the ELB will not fit inside any of them. Maybe it would on yours.

The best is a female/female which, unlike the adapter linked above, can cleanly sit down on the Q's heater male. Then put the ELB inside the Q's male elbow and put it into the top female. Depending on the height of the adapter, this will put the ELB at approx the same height as herb in the Cyclone (which is ~3/8" above the bezel) or possibly lower. Problem was, I could not find an adapter anywhere that didn't have some damned center "handle" or "bulge" which is obstructed by the bezel.

It would probably work with a 45 degree 18F/18F adapter. I only have an 18F/18M of this type, and again, the ELB won't fit inside the male end. Still, the ELB wouldn't be any closer to the heater.

It's easy to do the 18/14-14/18 posted some time back. Or, with the adapters I have, I can do an 18F/18M-18F/18F and then the Q elbow on top. But both of these methods put the ELB farther from the heat source than using the Cyclone, so they are self-defeating.

oldiebutgoodie,

samirfuzzywuzzy

I have such a female/male adapter, but as indicated above, the ELB will not fit inside the male end. I have several 18mm male adapters, the ELB will not fit inside any of them. Maybe it would on yours.

The best is a female/female which, unlike the adapter linked above, can cleanly sit down on the Q's heater male. Then put the ELB inside the Q's male elbow and put it into the top female. Depending on the height of the adapter, this will put the ELB at approx the same height as herb in the Cyclone (which is ~3/8" above the bezel) or possibly lower. Problem was, I could not find an adapter anywhere that didn't have some damned center "handle" or "bulge" which is obstructed by the bezel.

It would probably work with a 45 degree 18F/18F adapter. I only have an 18F/18M of this type, and again, the ELB won't fit inside the male end. Still, the ELB wouldn't be any closer to the heater.

It's easy to do the 18/14-14/18 posted some time back. Or, with the adapters I have, I can do an 18F/18M-18F/18F and then the Q elbow on top. But both of these methods put the ELB farther from the heat source than using the Cyclone, so they are self-defeating.

Wait....your saying that the difference of the ID's on male 18mm's are so that ELBS do or dont fit?

Im still thinking that one of those cheap Carbon adapters from Ioffer should work.

Also did you use a higher temp in your experiment. When using elbow packs I find I need 10 degs higer or so to get the same result temp wise.

Im really just diggin to figure if the the CLOUDS ability comes mostly from the heater it self or if these huge elbow packs known as ELBS are the real "super star" of the clouds functionality.

Could you imagine figuring out that the ELB in the right position gives you 80 percent or more of the performance the cloud does.....Poor mans Cloud coming soon...lol

oldiebutgoodie

Wait....your saying that the difference of the ID's on male 18mm's are so that ELBS do or dont fit?

Im still thinking that one of those cheap Carbon adapters from Ioffer should work.

Also did you use a higher temp in your experiment. When using elbow packs I find I need 10 degs higer or so to get the same result temp wise.

Im really just diggin to figure if the the CLOUDS ability comes mostly from the heater it self or if these huge elbow packs known as ELBS are the real "super star" of the clouds functionality.

Could you imagine figuring out that the ELB in the right position gives you 80 percent or more of the performance the cloud does.....Poor mans Cloud coming soon...lol

Absolutely, the dimensions vary. Only slightly, but enough. Both male and female joints can vary in length/depth, and the inside of a male joint with vary (not only can the end vary in OD but the wall can vary affecting the ID, or both). It only takes a very small fraction to prevent an ELB from fitting inside. The ELB's diameter is only ~1mm less than the Q's elbow screen. I have 6 male 18mm adapters, and my ELB's/Q elbow-screens fit inside 3, do not fit inside the other 3. I have no idea of about Ioffer adapters, but I will say it's nigh on impossible to determine whether an ELB/Q screen will fit or not w/o actually trying it (or you could use calipers to measure the ID).

Yes, the heat would need to be higher, but how much is hard to determine. Not only is distance to the ELB a factor, but so is airflow - the Q's airway is narrower, which is a reason why elbow-packs are prone to a center hot-spot and Cyclone loads need to be stirred.

If you're going after a "poor man's Cloud" via the ELB, I sorry but you're going to be disappointed. First, the Cloud's heater and its glass air channel is substantially superior at maintaining a constant heat to the ELB, regardless of how hard or soft, how slow or fast, you hit it. The Q like most vapes has a temp curve, with a fall-off after being hit. Second, the Cloud's channel airflow into the ELB creates turbulence in the ELB; this enables not only better extraction but does so at a comparatively lower temp. In addition to the turbulence, the pressure in the ELB changes slightly (think of baking a cake in Denver) thus also making for the same result at a slightly lower temp. The extraction efficiency of the Cloud is accomplished by the combination of the designs of the heater, the unique air channel (aka the "bamboo"), and the ELB. I have a pretty solid understanding of the internals of both the Q and the Cloud, and I could not come close to re-creating the Cloud's efficiency in the Q. A much better result is achieved with the couple mods in this thread which alter the elbow-screen and/or cyclone such that the herb is closer to the heater and the airflow better directed.

Last edited:
oldiebutgoodie,

scoobie-doobie

FWIW....

Had the Extreme Q for about 2 years now. Wonderful and durable unit. Replacement parts are readily available and it's a professional and dependable company to deal with. Recommended it to several friends and they've all been pleased with the results. There is a wealth of info regarding these units online. Keeping in mind that the process of vaping is actually fairly simple (despite the "revolutionary" hype I see from some of the marketing) this unit does the job in a dependable and safe manner.

I'm certain that some would argue that there have been substantial advances in vaping technology, but at the end of the day we are simply re-creating throwing herbs on hot rocks in a sweat lodge (which has been around for several hundred years now). As someone who personally re-creates this experience with regularity using an Extreme Q, I'd have to say it comes down to whether you are dealing with a reliable company for support in the long run. IMO, Arizer is that company.

For those researching and wondering what those who have been using these units over time have to say.... I give a hearty thumbs up to these folks. Not taking anything away from other great companies out there, just saying these are some of the good guys in this business.

samirfuzzywuzzy

[quote=" A much better result is achieved with the couple mods in this thread which alter the elbow-screen and/or cyclone such that the herb is closer to the heater and the airflow better directed.[/quote]

what mods are you referring to? link please

samirfuzzywuzzy,
Reactions: ataxian

oldiebutgoodie

A much better result is achieved with the couple mods in this thread which alter the elbow-screen and/or cyclone such that the herb is closer to the heater and the airflow better directed.

what mods are you referring to? link please

The modding wizard on this thread in Seek. Not that there aren't other great modders, I just don't recall their member names. IIRC Seek has modified the Cyclone and the screens, in more than one way. The best I can suggest for you is to use the Search tool with the terms "mod AND screen", with the user name "Seek", and checking the "search this thread only". I think you'll pick up both the bowl and screen mods in the list. I got 37 hits, start at the oldest post and work forward.

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
I have such a female/male adapter, but as indicated above, the ELB will not fit inside the male end.

Hi All,

I have a female/female adapter which has completely replaced my use of the original cyclone bowl (works so much better), but 2 differences. First off, the center is smaller and fits completely on the heater. Second, the middle section is also a ledge for which I was able to fit a screen in without modification to the screen.

Results: Elbow packs produce great clouds! And normal herb in the bowl "cyclones" for me much better than the original cyclone bowl plus I find no need to stir (might just be me, but the cycloning effect plus 100% available air path (not like cyclone with the ledge and small hole in the middle). I would guess temperatures have been bumped up 5 degrees at the herb, from comparison of taste at 190 with original cyclone and 185 using this adapter.

An unforseen bonus: Using the "cyclone" portion of the adapter as the bowl (not an elbow pack), I can use the same amount as an elbow pack and still get very acceptable vapor off such a small amount in what would be the cyclone-part of the adapter. And if in the middle of this, I feel that an elbow pack would benefit at any given moment, due to the decreased space between the cyclone screen and elbow - simply draw sharp/hard briefly and the entire contents of the cyclone is sucked up into the elbow. Then a normal draw. Once the draw is completed, the herb falls down into the cyclone (counts as a stir) and I can either draw normally from that point on or can draw sharply again for another go at the elbow pack.

With this simple adapter, I now have really amazing performance.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130962884679

Hope this helps those who wish to push efficiency & performance of their vapes!

Last edited:

oldiebutgoodie

Hi All,

I have a female/female adapter which has completely replaced my use of the original cyclone bowl (works so much better), but 2 differences. First off, the center is smaller and fits completely on the heater. Second, the middle section is also a ledge for which I was able to fit a screen in without modification to the screen. . . .

Great post! That's the damned style of adapter I just couldn't find. It would be great to see pics of exactly what you've done.

For those who were curious about using a Cloud ELB, that would probably work well with this adapter, inserting the ELB into a Q elbow which then sits into the adapter.

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
Great post! That's the damned style of adapter I just couldn't find. It would be great to see pics of exactly what you've done.

Thanks oldiebutgoodie! I too had much difficulty in finding an adapter. Took a chance on this one and luck was with me that day!

Apologies, I've never posted a pic to a forum, but would be happy to do so. Could I be provided quick instructions and will find time to post today?

DDave,

oldiebutgoodie

Thanks oldiebutgoodie! I too had much difficulty in finding an adapter. Took a chance on this one and luck was with me that day!

Apologies, I've never posted a pic to a forum, but would be happy to do so. Could I be provided quick instructions and will find time to post today?

To post pics, you need to use another site like imageshack to upload and store the files. Then in the posting section here click on the "image" button which will give you a url pop-up, copy/paste the url from the image site and the FC software will retrieve and display the image in your post.

And I just purchased that adapter. :D

oldiebutgoodie,
Reactions: DDave

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
To post pics, you need to use another site like imageshack to upload and store the files. Then in the posting section here click on the "image" button which will give you a url pop-up, copy/paste the url from the image site and the FC software will retrieve and display the image in your post.

And I just purchased that adapter. :D

Awesome, thank you! Will see about imageshack and getting some pics posted. (I also have a silicon plug for the whip and a custom holder for the bowls/tools that I will be posting info/pics of).

IMO, excellent purchase! This adapter really made the difference for me! Hope you find the same benefits (and MORE)! :nod:

DDave

Vape Wizard
Accessory Maker
As promised, my setup.....

The Adapter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130962884679
zg5w.jpg

The Screen for the adapter (the largest one. the smaller screen is the one from the Cyclone).
er7c.jpg

Bowls, side by side, whip attached to adapter (see decrease in space from heater to adapter screen and from adapter screen to elbow... makes for nice performance improvement!)
8n7v.jpg

The Holder (also displaying my Mad Wood-Working Skillz... LOL) Holds the bowls, even if blazing hot.
ro3v.jpg

The Holder, Unloaded
j5jo.jpg

The Whip Plug (complete with spare plug and AVB Fart Nose clip. Quite a bonus!.... LMAO! :lmao:)
(from Target Sporting Goods Section, swimming earplug and nose clip kit for $5.50).
With the plug, I leave the herb cooking at whatever temp I please for as long as I want. When it's time for a pull, remove plug, hit, replace once done... Vape on demand with least amount of loss).
jjed.jpg

And there you have it. My Arizer Arsenal. This has made my Arizer experience far better :love: for me than my original out of box experience.

Vape On! :rockon:

Top Bottom